Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,865 members, 7,824,600 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

What No One Tells You About Searching For Jobs Online - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What No One Tells You About Searching For Jobs Online (20382 Views)

I Applied For Over 100 Jobs Online Yet No Response / Kindly Help How Do I Get Jobs Online As A Freelancer With Three Good Skills. / Don't Go About Searching For... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What No One Tells You About Searching For Jobs Online by Fiscus105(m): 5:22pm On Jun 24, 2021
Damidave1124:
Just learn something no matter what you study in school. Degree alone may likely not put food on your table these days. It's what you can offer that matters most in this Era of ours

We are gradually sliding to era where your skill will fetch income for you and not paper qualification as it's obtainable in advanced countries.
Re: What No One Tells You About Searching For Jobs Online by Damidave1124(m): 5:24pm On Jun 24, 2021
Fiscus105:

We are gradually sliding to era where your skill will fetch income for you and not paper qualification as it's obtainable in advanced countries.
Succinctly said
Re: What No One Tells You About Searching For Jobs Online by Peteromi(m): 5:26pm On Jun 24, 2021
VictorIfe:
Ftc
let me save this for the future, still an undergraduate smiley
u want to save it

1 Like

Re: What No One Tells You About Searching For Jobs Online by VTJN(m): 5:43pm On Jun 24, 2021
Lordsonn:
I got two lecturing jobs online and I'm happy doing it online.
interesting
Show your guy way na
Re: What No One Tells You About Searching For Jobs Online by edoairways: 5:52pm On Jun 24, 2021
ReventifyCV you just said the truth, ignore other commenters who say otherwise
Re: What No One Tells You About Searching For Jobs Online by honest1480(m): 6:13pm On Jun 24, 2021
I'm a victim of No. 1
Re: What No One Tells You About Searching For Jobs Online by Josywhyte: 6:25pm On Jun 24, 2021
Na handowrk sure pass these days o. Cos the way d country dey so eh,baba assurance no dey for work again except u get long leg.
Re: What No One Tells You About Searching For Jobs Online by rhektor(m): 6:36pm On Jun 24, 2021
Damidave1124:
Just learn something no matter what you study in school. Degree alone may likely not put food on your table these days. It's what you can offer that matters most in this Era of ours

This truth is starring me in the face right now, lost my job since December. I have been job hunting since then till now no luck, if I had a side hustle I would have been very ok with it
Re: What No One Tells You About Searching For Jobs Online by stupidmod3: 6:47pm On Jun 24, 2021
is that all
Re: What No One Tells You About Searching For Jobs Online by Gjmff: 6:55pm On Jun 24, 2021
Oh
Re: What No One Tells You About Searching For Jobs Online by FanOfMyself: 7:31pm On Jun 24, 2021
Goldenheart:
smiley
Late last year.

My colleague and I (in our current job) would apply for Jobs and we would turn it down if they arent paying 200k and above....

We were getting at least one interview almost every week...

I would tell him... You need a job that would pay at least 400k 3 times and you will move on to the next...

No one gives a crap about our cvs..

We have what the company needs...
we show them their problem and we give them a tip of the solution.

Give us a call if you are interested...
cool

A fraction of the amount we earn
is used to learn more advance skills

and we repeat the process... grin
Bro I am a VueJs and Nodejs Developer, I am looking for gigs
Re: What No One Tells You About Searching For Jobs Online by UndissolvedMeta(m): 7:35pm On Jun 24, 2021
I love that sir,can you tell me the skills please ?

Goldenheart:
smiley
Late last year.

My colleague and I (in our current job) would apply for Jobs and we would turn it down if they arent paying 200k and above....

I would tell him... You need a job that would pay at least 400k 3 times and you will move on to the next...

cool

Re: What No One Tells You About Searching For Jobs Online by jerry2cino(m): 7:47pm On Jun 24, 2021
I can apply for an online job anywhere in the world, but has far as Nigeria is concern, any other online job for here na kidnapping, oga thank you ooo, you do well oooo but hmmmmm...
Re: What No One Tells You About Searching For Jobs Online by ambassadorgozie(m): 7:50pm On Jun 24, 2021
Lordsonn:

Please can you tell me how you go about it.
Thanks
Re: What No One Tells You About Searching For Jobs Online by prowriterss: 7:59pm On Jun 24, 2021
True
Re: What No One Tells You About Searching For Jobs Online by Goldenheart(m): 8:00pm On Jun 24, 2021
UndissolvedMeta:
I love that sir,can you tell me the skills please ?

Programming Skills>> Digital Marketing >> UI/UX

1 Like

Re: What No One Tells You About Searching For Jobs Online by Goldenheart(m): 8:03pm On Jun 24, 2021
FanOfMyself:

Bro I am a VueJs and Nodejs Developer, I am looking for gigs

First of all remove I just finished learning .......... on UDemy on your website

Even if you just finished learning a skill a minute ago, you need to act like u have been in it for 100years smiley

1 Like

Re: What No One Tells You About Searching For Jobs Online by MARSHARE(m): 8:07pm On Jun 24, 2021
No matter where you are job hunting, online or in person be it in the east, west, north or south. once you put God almighty first in everything that you do getting a job would be the least of your worries. Don't get me wrong getting a good job in this country can be very stressful & faustrating belive me i know, but that does mean you should give up on your dream job. Just be steadfast it might not come immediately but you will definitely get the job as long as you are qulified.

1 Like

Re: What No One Tells You About Searching For Jobs Online by FanOfMyself: 8:20pm On Jun 24, 2021
Goldenheart:

First of all remove I just finished learning .......... on UDemy on your website

Even if you just finished learning a skill a minute ago, you need to act like u have been in it for 100years smiley
Sorry sir, that website was way back in the days built with html/css.
This is my current personal website built with VueJs and Vuetify (material design).
https://chidiebereuzoma-website.netlify.app/

I'm actually working for a company as a frontend developer but they are not treating me well. They made me some promises when I joined but they failed to fulfill it.
Thanks and regards

2 Likes

Re: What No One Tells You About Searching For Jobs Online by ThierryJay: 8:33pm On Jun 24, 2021
This post by ReventifyCV is grossly underrated. This is more like investigative job-hunting; different from the everyday clicheed tips you see around online about searching for jobs.

The greatest asset a job-hunter can have now is access to behind-the-scenes information about the workings in the corporate sector up to executive management level. This can only be achieved by developing key strategic alliances across targeted networks.

The next best thing is to acquire the required skillset/experience for desired jobs. If you are in possession of these two leverages, you'd always find yourself ahead of your peers.

Kudos to OP for a very insightful post.
Re: What No One Tells You About Searching For Jobs Online by tuna85: 9:01pm On Jun 24, 2021
Lordsonn:

Boss, show me way, pls
Re: What No One Tells You About Searching For Jobs Online by luvlyoracle(m): 9:17pm On Jun 24, 2021
Goldenheart:
smiley
Late last year.

cool

Hello pls I am interested
Re: What No One Tells You About Searching For Jobs Online by demanuel(m): 9:25pm On Jun 24, 2021
I like your energy bro cheesy cheesy cheesy.
Well done.
What's your line of job/career?
Goldenheart:
smiley
Late last year.

cool

Re: What No One Tells You About Searching For Jobs Online by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jun 24, 2021
GeneralPula:
The most rewarding jobs are not usually posted online
This is a baseless statement in 21 century.

Why would anyone want to work for a company with zero online presence?
Re: What No One Tells You About Searching For Jobs Online by Frenzy01(m): 10:01pm On Jun 24, 2021
Nigeria will not end me angry

abeg jare... Make una patronize my small business pls. I sell and I buy any breed of dog swiftly at a very reasonable price. I also offer boarding and pet care services. Checkout my siggy for contact info
Re: What No One Tells You About Searching For Jobs Online by qtx(m): 12:39am On Jun 25, 2021
get a skill mhennn!
Re: What No One Tells You About Searching For Jobs Online by Optimistguy1969: 5:22am On Jun 25, 2021
The joke is on you bro.
Read his comment again.

cc: GeneralPula
CamusMidas:

This is a baseless statement in 21 century.

Why would anyone want to work for a company with zero online presence?
Re: What No One Tells You About Searching For Jobs Online by mosaicafrique: 5:57am On Jun 25, 2021
Leadway Assurance is Recruiting Insurance Advisors , Do you know any fresh graduate Bsc/ HND willing to build and grow a career in the insurance industry or Experienced in Insurance ,Kindly ask them to send their CV to mosaicafrique@gmail.com or call 07049255198, location is Aspamda/ Trade fair market Ojo lagos.
Re: What No One Tells You About Searching For Jobs Online by Nobody: 6:03am On Jun 25, 2021
Optimistguy1969:
The joke is on you bro.
Read his comment again.

cc: GeneralPula
What don't I understand from that single sentence?

The most rewarding job are not usually find online.

Which kind careless capping be that.

Reward in what sense? Cash? Recognition?

All the fortune 500 are listed.
Re: What No One Tells You About Searching For Jobs Online by olioxx(m): 9:25am On Jun 25, 2021
dontro:
Not true at least for the jobs where the right, high quality candidates are scare
You better don't deceive yourself.
Not matter where in the world, you just need to know the right person.
No matter how smart you are in the job, you still need to know the right person.
Re: What No One Tells You About Searching For Jobs Online by olioxx(m): 9:32am On Jun 25, 2021
Goldenheart:
smiley
Late last year.

cool

Hint me on those advanced skills, make me too sharpaly go upgrade myself
Re: What No One Tells You About Searching For Jobs Online by Hassanmaye(m): 8:11am On Sep 21, 2021
azraeljaheel:

With your glo network

grin

Travis Scott raps faster than your newtrok
Otedola will not like this statement

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Firstbank Of Nigeria Fresh Job Recruitment (4 Positions) / Five Questions You Should Ask During An Interview / Senate Moves To Scrap Age Limit In Job Advertisements In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.