Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,807 members, 7,956,065 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:29 PM

Dangote Fertilizer To Begin Export To US, Brazil This Month - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Fertilizer To Begin Export To US, Brazil This Month (16730 Views)

Nigeria To Begin Export Of Rice To Egypt Despite Claims Of Food Shortages / Dangote Fertilizer Already Shipping To The Us,brazil And India. / Otedola Visits Dangote's Fertilizer Plant (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Fertilizer To Begin Export To US, Brazil This Month by Reference(m): 5:23pm On Jun 23, 2021
Congratulations to the Dangote Group and Alhaji Aliko. His vision and dogged mission statements are truly inspirational and a serious asset to this country. Cannot wait for his next giant stride.
Re: Dangote Fertilizer To Begin Export To US, Brazil This Month by Reference(m): 5:30pm On Jun 23, 2021
Evii:
I hope this ease the pressure on our naira

I hope not.
Devaluation is a useful tool in shock treating the Nigeria psyche away from cheap imports.
It should galvanise local production, content and contentment for a people who are truly brilliant and hardworking.

If is doesn't it goes a long way to prove that the nation is not ready to move forward. The question you should be asking yourself is.

What do you need a cheap dollar for? Most purebred industrialists look towards currency stability rather than currency value. That is the least we can honestly ask for.

We need a conatant, bitter reminder every waking morning, that we are ultimately not a productive people.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Fertilizer To Begin Export To US, Brazil This Month by donnie(m): 5:33pm On Jun 23, 2021
9jaRealist:

EXCELLENT NEWS!! cool

Meeting local demand and earning DOLLARS from exports…
While creating thousands OF JOBS IN NIGERIA FOR NIGERIANS!

>

And you think I don't know that? Nigeria is not a normal country. Someone can sit in Abuja and syphon all the foreign reserve.
Re: Dangote Fertilizer To Begin Export To US, Brazil This Month by Gfskw: 5:59pm On Jun 23, 2021
Oh
Re: Dangote Fertilizer To Begin Export To US, Brazil This Month by billyG(m): 6:16pm On Jun 23, 2021
He is d only one among his folks that has his brain functioning well.Gumi is a disgrace.
Re: Dangote Fertilizer To Begin Export To US, Brazil This Month by Smooyis(m): 7:10pm On Jun 23, 2021
Ezedon:
Everything Dangote
Dangote Spaghetti
Dangote oil &gas
Dangote cement
Dangote fertilizer
Dangote floor
Dangote sugar
Dangote garri
Dangote Rice
Dangote onions
Dangote Refinery
Dangote Olosho
Dangote Condom
Dangote beer
Dangote football club etc
We didn't have enough in UAR but they are to start export to foreign countries, what a shame

That's the effect of a mono economy. A monopolistic tendency shocked
Re: Dangote Fertilizer To Begin Export To US, Brazil This Month by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 8:39pm On Jun 23, 2021
Twofoursix:

I believe you have Father and also grandfather what have them produced that is feeding your kindred alone how much more your community.

You fail to understand the message but quick to attack the messenger,......
because you quickly went being tribalistic and a bigot.....

Google how Europe runs her economy or better still travel and and see how they run their economy ......
Those people with high tax rates ( rich influential people like Roman Abramovich, oneer of Chelsea football) are the people feeding those with no jobs even housing them as well....

In USA, parents of high class , Bill gate, etc according to the salary or buainess one runs pay higher tax to the government , the school their children attend is still the same school children of the unemployed attend....

Even their Children to eat in the school canteen, the parents will pay for their feeding but the parents of those unemployed don't pay a dime , their kids eat free food

Sorry you need to go and see an organised people and a functional government ....

Dangote's tax should be able to feed those almajiris and send them to school for free ....

Argue with your ignorance
Re: Dangote Fertilizer To Begin Export To US, Brazil This Month by Evii: 8:45pm On Jun 23, 2021
Nice one bro...I'm not good in economics though but your explanation brings me more insight. Thanks for the simple n brilliant explanation

quote author=Reference post=103018836]

I hope not.
Devaluation is a useful tool in shock treating the Nigeria psyche away from cheap imports.
It should galvanise local production, content and contentment for a people who are truly brilliant and hardworking.

If is doesn't it goes a long way to prove that the nation is not ready to move forward. The question you should be asking yourself is.

What do you need a cheap dollar for? Most purebred industrialists look towards currency stability rather than currency value. That is the least we can honestly ask for.

We need a conatant, bitter reminder every waking morning, that we are ultimately not a productive people.[/quote]
Re: Dangote Fertilizer To Begin Export To US, Brazil This Month by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 8:57pm On Jun 23, 2021
9jaRealist:

Publicly-listed companies by law are MANDATED to publish their audited financials…
So this is actually just from the listed companies (Dangote Cement, Dangote Sugar and NASCON Salt).

Meanwhile, Dangote Cement paid N40 billion in Q1 2021…
Which is more taxes than 13 of Nigeria’s big banks COMBINED!

https://www.brandcrunch.com.ng/2021/05/15/q1-2021-dangote-cement-pays-more-tax-than-gtbank-12-other-banks-combined/
>

This tax he paid, is it not enough to send those Almajiris to school and feed them as well?

That's where government has failed the masses if Dangote ,Otedola
Innoson motors, all private companies pay
such amount of money to the government coffers....
Re: Dangote Fertilizer To Begin Export To US, Brazil This Month by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jun 23, 2021
What a confused country!!
Re: Dangote Fertilizer To Begin Export To US, Brazil This Month by wwwihy: 9:44pm On Jun 23, 2021
ArcSEMPECJ:

This tax he paid, is it not enough to send those Almajiris to school and feed them as well?

That's where government has failed the masses if Dangote ,Otedola
Innoson motors, all private companies pay
such amount of money to the government coffers....

Re: Dangote Fertilizer To Begin Export To US, Brazil This Month by wwwihy: 9:44pm On Jun 23, 2021
[s]
AfricanKingkong:
What a confused country!!
[/s]
Re: Dangote Fertilizer To Begin Export To US, Brazil This Month by OyinO: 9:55pm On Jun 23, 2021
It is finished for Naija
Re: Dangote Fertilizer To Begin Export To US, Brazil This Month by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jun 23, 2021
wwwihy:
[s][/s]
Clueless janja weed spotted
Re: Dangote Fertilizer To Begin Export To US, Brazil This Month by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 2:21am On Jun 24, 2021
9jaRealist:

Publicly-listed companies by law are MANDATED to publish their audited financials…
So this is actually just from the listed companies (Dangote Cement, Dangote Sugar and NASCON Salt).

Meanwhile, Dangote Cement paid N40 billion in Q1 2021…
Which is more taxes than 13 of Nigeria’s big banks COMBINED!

https://www.brandcrunch.com.ng/2021/05/15/q1-2021-dangote-cement-pays-more-tax-than-gtbank-12-other-banks-combined/
>
paddy paddy Public listening
Re: Dangote Fertilizer To Begin Export To US, Brazil This Month by 9jaRealist: 2:28am On Jun 24, 2021
ELKHALIFAISIS:
paddy paddy Public listening

Foreign institutional investors invest in the NSE…
There’s NO “paddy paddy” in accounts audited by the Global Big 4 - PWC, EY, KPMG and Deloitte.
>
Re: Dangote Fertilizer To Begin Export To US, Brazil This Month by 9jaRealist: 2:31am On Jun 24, 2021
donnie:
And you think I don't know that? Nigeria is not a normal country. Someone can sit in Abuja and syphon all the foreign reserve.

Even they do…
The “benefit to the common man” is HUNDREDS OF JOBS!
>
Re: Dangote Fertilizer To Begin Export To US, Brazil This Month by aytechno(m): 4:07am On Jun 24, 2021
I can confirm that this story is true. I work in the refinery section
Re: Dangote Fertilizer To Begin Export To US, Brazil This Month by donnie(m): 12:06pm On Jun 24, 2021
9jaRealist:

Even they do…
The “benefit to the common man” is HUNDREDS OF JOBS!
>

What has common man benefited so far from the trillions of oil revenue?
Re: Dangote Fertilizer To Begin Export To US, Brazil This Month by laiperi: 1:49pm On Jun 24, 2021
You guys make very good points. Nobody can argue against self preservation. The first million a Nigerian makes is used the same way, laundered abroad.

However, if personal and selfish ends of the individual families are what matter most, no country will be built. China and India alone reduced world poverty by cutting the famine at home. The punishment for the self preservation you guys are talking about was up to and including death.

Before anyone label me a dictator, America and Europe built their wealth on Slave Labor worse than Dictator. Where are Russia, China and India today after paying the same price Nigerians paid for taking more than 100 pounds out of the country, firing squad or Bar Beach Show for armed robbers?

Compare the abject poverty we have today to what we had then.

Chief Harold Shodipo and FELA among others paid heavily. Today, even Buhari that jailed others then indulges in Medical tourism and money laundering under so called Free Market.

If you love the Western and Eastern systems so much, you are willing to launder money made in Africa in their countries like the slave traders that did the same; go to their countries and do slave labor BURU to make your money and invest it there.

The British stole so much Gold from Ghana, they named it Gold Coast. Even worse the companies paid taxes to their Government not Gold Coast.

Gold Standard is what prop up currencies not cheap raw materials. Those supporting Devaluation are naive. Americans ditch Gold Standard for printed papers by fiat without any Gold Standard.

Zimbabwe with Diamond tried the same! I rest my case sirs/ma'am's.

9jaRealist:

When Dangote bought BCC under Obasanjo’s privatization program…
Ibeto also bought Nkalagu Cement (while BUA bought Sokoto Cement and Bendel Cement).

Dangote has taken BCC from 400K capacity to 4m capacity (and provides Gboko with electricity, schools and hospitals)…
Meanwhile, Ibeto’s fellow Ibo kinsmen in Ebonyi State refused to allow him take control of Nkalagu until just a few years ago. SMH
>

Ugosample:

The Nigerian currency has been on free fall in the last 5 years.
Sentiments aside
Preserving your wealth in a family office abroad is the smartest play to make for any African rich man
Dangote wealth has been decimated kpata kpata under the dullard presidency
From N216 to N505
Half of your wealth
GONE
Re: Dangote Fertilizer To Begin Export To US, Brazil This Month by 9jaRealist: 5:48pm On Jun 24, 2021
laiperi:
You guys make very good points. Nobody can argue against self preservation. The first million a Nigerian makes is used the same way, laundered abroad.

However, if personal and selfish ends of the individual families are what matter most, no country will be built. China and India alone reduced world poverty by cutting the famine at home. The punishment for the self preservation you guys are talking about was up to and including death.

Before anyone label me a dictator, America and Europe built their wealth on Slave Labor worse than Dictator. Where are Russia, China and India today after paying the same price Nigerians paid for taking more than 100 pounds out of the country, firing squad or Bar Beach Show for armed robbers?

Chief Harold Shodipo and FELA among others paid heavily. Today, even Buhari that jailed others then indulges in Medical tourism and money laundering under so called Free Market.

If you love the Western and Eastern systems so much, you are willing to launder money made in Africa in their countries like the slave traders that did the same; go to their countries and do slave labor BURU to make your money and invest it there.

The British stole so much Gold from Ghana, they named it Gold Coast. Even worse the companies paid taxes to their Government not Gold Coast.

Gold Standard is what prop up currencies not cheap raw materials. Those supporting Devaluation are naive. Americans ditch Gold Standard for printed papers by fiat without any Gold Standard.

Have no idea what you are going on about…
That people who made legitimate money should be executed for seeking to preserve it abroad?

Why stop there? Execute all Nigerians who are emigrating abroad after benefiting from free/subsidized public education.
Dangote is making a $15 billion investment into the Nigerian economy but you want him executed for trying to preserve family wealth. SMH
>
Re: Dangote Fertilizer To Begin Export To US, Brazil This Month by 9jaRealist: 5:56pm On Jun 24, 2021
donnie:
What has common man benefited so far from the trillions of oil revenue?

Keep shifting the goal posts…
But the “common man” (and woman btw) has benefited from geometric expansion of educational access from oil revenues.

Meanwhile, many of the so-called “elite” of today were the “common” folk of yesterday…
So many Nigerians born POOR (Razak Okoya, Cosmas Maduka, Pascal Dozie, etc.) became billionaires in this oil-fueled economy.

The “common man” does not benefit from simply SHARING money…
Best way to “benefit the common man” is invest in human capital (education) and EXPAND economic opportunities (such as these JOBS)!
>
Re: Dangote Fertilizer To Begin Export To US, Brazil This Month by Ugosample(m): 6:46pm On Jun 24, 2021
laiperi:

Interesting
Re: Dangote Fertilizer To Begin Export To US, Brazil This Month by donnie(m): 6:54pm On Jun 24, 2021
9jaRealist:

Keep shifting the goal posts…
But the “common man” (and woman btw) has benefited from geometric expansion of educational access from oil revenues.
with schools going on strike? Teachers and lectures unpaid and underpaid? What about training and capacity development? Let me not even talk about facilities and equipment.

Meanwhile, many of the so-called “elite” of today were the “common” folk of yesterday…
So many Nigerians born POOR (Razak Okoya, Cosmas Maduka, Pascal Dozie, etc.) became billionaires in this oil-fueled economy.
You can fool the uneducated, not me. Since when did a few billionaires equate development? What about income inequality? Where is the middle-class? What about Nigeria attaining the poverty capital of the world? What about Education, security and health systems? There are several indicators of development and Nigeria scores around zero in all.

The “common man” does not benefit from simply SHARING money…
Best way to “benefit the common man” is invest in human capital (education) and EXPAND economic opportunities (such as these JOBS)!
you will not need all this pointless grammar if there was anything to show.
Re: Dangote Fertilizer To Begin Export To US, Brazil This Month by 9jaRealist: 7:24pm On Jun 24, 2021
donnie:
with schools going on strike? Teachers and lectures unpaid and underpaid? What about training and capacity development? Let me not even talk about facilities and equipment.

You can fool the uneducated, not me. Since when did a few billionaires equate development? What our income inequality. Where is the middle-class? What about Nigeria attaining the poverty capital of the world? What about Education, security and health systems? There are several indicators of development and Nigeria scores around zero in all.

you will not need all this pointless grammar if there was anything to show.

grin grin grin
grin grin grin

Keep shifting the goal-posts in classic STRAWMAN ARGUMENT…

Lest we forget what we were actually discussing before you set off in an IRRELEVANT rigmarole, I was SPECIFICALLY responding to your statement that the Dangote plant is “of no benefit to the common man”. When I pointed out that it would create TENS OF THOUSANDS OF JOBS that would “benefit the common man”, you deviated that some dude in Abuja can sit down and siphon billions of foreign reserve, to which I conceded but noted it still does not change the HUNDREDS OF JOBS created by this project that would “benefit the common man” (from the construction phase through the entire value chain). Then you started to shift the goal posts with substantive IRRELEVANCIES totally UNCONNECTED to the Dangote plant. Dude, I am not the economic adviser to the Nigerian government, and have absolutely no interest (nor desire) to defend how incredibly POORLY Nigeria has been mismanaged, but that still has NOTHING to do with the SPECIFIC “benefits to the common man” by this SPECIFIC project. Some of you need to learn NUANCED discourse. Few things are all-bad or all-good!

Ultimately, Nigeria’s condition is the culmination of the varying actions of ALL NIGERIANS, whether by commission or omission!
>
Re: Dangote Fertilizer To Begin Export To US, Brazil This Month by donnie(m): 10:30pm On Jun 24, 2021
9jaRealist:

grin grin grin
grin grin grin

Keep shifting the goal-posts in classic STRAWMAN ARGUMENT…

Lest we forget what we were actually discussing before you set off in an IRRELEVANT rigmarole, I was SPECIFICALLY responding to your statement that the Dangote plant is “of no benefit to the common man”. When I pointed out that it would create TENS OF THOUSANDS OF JOBS that would “benefit the common man”, you deviated that some dude in Abuja can sit down and siphon billions of foreign reserve, to which I conceded but noted it still does not change the HUNDREDS OF JOBS created by this project that would “benefit the common man” (from the construction phase through the entire value chain). Then you started to shift the goal posts with substantive IRRELEVANCIES totally UNCONNECTED to the Dangote plant. Dude, I am not the economic adviser to the Nigerian government, and have absolutely no interest (nor desire) to defend how incredibly POORLY Nigeria has been mismanaged, but that still has NOTHING to do with the SPECIFIC “benefits to the common man” by this SPECIFIC project. Some of you need to learn NUANCED discourse. Few things are all-bad or all-good!

Ultimately, Nigeria’s condition is the culmination of the varying actions of ALL NIGERIANS, whether by commission or omission!
>

I repeat, Dangote's expansion will be of no benefit to ordinary Nigerians. The so-called richest man in Africa that transfers all the burden of dollar price increases directly to consumers is of no use to the ordinary Nigerian. He is only used to launder the money of the corrupt elite.
Re: Dangote Fertilizer To Begin Export To US, Brazil This Month by 9jaRealist: 10:44pm On Jun 24, 2021
donnie:
I repeat, Dangote's expansion will be of no benefit to ordinary Nigerians. The so-called richest man in Africa that transfers all the burden of dollar price increases directly to consumers is of no use to the ordinary Nigerian. He is only used to launder the money of the corrupt elite.

Go tell that to the TENS OF THOUSANDS of “ordinary Nigerians” with jobs because of it… grin grin grin
>
Re: Dangote Fertilizer To Begin Export To US, Brazil This Month by donnie(m): 10:53pm On Jun 24, 2021
9jaRealist:

Go tell that to the TENS OF THOUSANDS of “ordinary Nigerians” with jobs because of it… grin grin grin
>

Our country will be better served if such monopoly is broken. A more competitive market always benefits the masses. Several businesses were crippled by these corrupt politicians just to pave way thier man Dangote. Radarada.
Re: Dangote Fertilizer To Begin Export To US, Brazil This Month by 9jaRealist: 10:59pm On Jun 24, 2021
donnie:
Our country will be better served if such monopoly is broken. A more competitive market always benefits the masses. Several businesses were crippled by these corrupt politicians just to pave way thier man Dangote. Radarada.

Which monopoly? Bring $15 billion, and no one will stop you from building your own complex…..grin grin grin
>
Re: Dangote Fertilizer To Begin Export To US, Brazil This Month by laiperi: 12:05am On Jun 25, 2021
Look, your eyes go soon clear quick quick when Americans turn your billions into sandsan.

This is not Dangote first forage into America. He was Dantata but that is another tori.

People who sold or shun their land like Gypsies and Jews have never recovered today. The Gypsies are spread all over Europe and the Jews all over the world while fighting incessant wars in Palestine. Did you hear the chanting: Jews Will Not Replace Us in America?

You and the likes of Dangote will be dispossessed no matter how much money you laundered out of Africa. What happened to those of Abacha, El Selassie and Mobutu?

In your case as Africans, this is your second Slavery journey. What did your grandfather do with all the mirrors exchanged for gold?

Kontinu, you hia.

9jaRealist:

Have no idea what you are going on about…
That people who made legitimate money should be executed for seeking to preserve it abroad?

Why stop there? Execute all Nigerians who are emigrating abroad after benefiting from free/subsidized public education.
Dangote is making a $15 billion investment insand sand.

gerian economy but you want him executed for trying to preserve family wealth. SMH
>
Re: Dangote Fertilizer To Begin Export To US, Brazil This Month by donnie(m): 12:49pm On Jun 25, 2021
9jaRealist:

Which monopoly? Bring $15 billion, and no one will stop you from building your own complex…..grin grin grin
>
Is it his money he used? Is it not funds looted from Nigrians? Abi na my mouth you want hear? Mtcheew.
Re: Dangote Fertilizer To Begin Export To US, Brazil This Month by 9jaRealist: 7:55am On Jun 26, 2021
donnie:
Is it his money he used? Is it not funds looted from Nigrians? Abi na my mouth you want hear? Mtcheew.

Didn’t know Dangote was in government to “loot” money from Nigerians (most of whom have paid their taxes)… grin grin grin
>

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Official Thread: YOUWIN 4 - Business Plan Competition 2014 / Heritage Bank, BBNaija & Wasteful Ways Of A 'Sinking' Financial Institution / UPS Courier: My Frustrating Disappointment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.