Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

OPPO Releases New Memory Expansion Technology To Allow Nigerians Add More RAM - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / OPPO Releases New Memory Expansion Technology To Allow Nigerians Add More RAM (2278 Views)

Oppo Releases Reno3 And ‘thinnest 5G Smartphone’ Reno3 Pro / OPPO Releases A Series 2020 In Nigeria / Oppo Releases The‘a Series 2020’ Of Their Smartphone In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

OPPO Releases New Memory Expansion Technology To Allow Nigerians Add More RAM by Yinksy09(m): 4:54pm On Jun 23, 2021
Global Technology and Smartphone brand, OPPO recently announced a new memory expansion technology that allows users of Reno5 Series smartphones in Nigeria to temporarily increase the amount of RAM (Random Access Memory) in their devices.

The company recently released its Memory Expansion Technology, RAM Expansion, for its Reno5 Series smartphones, allowing users to temporarily convert part of their smartphone’s available ROM to virtual RAM, simply in one click at the phone’s settings App. Depending on the phone’s memory storage, users could also freely switch the level of RAM expansion according to their actual usage needs.

RAM is one of the fastest types of memory, allowing a device to quickly switch between tasks, meaning that the higher the amount of RAM a device has, the faster its response speed is. The amount of RAM a phone needs depends on what applications and features the consumer wants to use, including gaming, photography and video editing. Additional RAM gives the option of opening more applications in the background simultaneously, allowing the phone’s configuration to perform at its maximum capacity without freezing, hanging or overheating.

After carrying out a software update on the OPPO Reno5 Series (available from July), the RAM expansion function can be activated via the ‘About Phone’ section inside the settings App and carrying out a restart.

How to Expand RAM on OPPO Smartphones in 3- Easy Steps

● Update the smartphone software to the latest version.

● Open [Settings-About phone], click on [RAM], enter [RAM expansion].

● Select the expansion size as needed, and restart the phone.

● Open Multitasking interface, and you’ll find the expanded RAM has been applied as indicated in the ‘Close All’ button below.

● Otherwise, open “About Phone” to find the expanded RAM applied under the RAM section

Commenting on the announcement, Joseph Adeola, Public Relations Manager at OPPO Nigeria, said, “The option of RAM expansion gives our users a more reliable and flexible approach to customize their smartphone performance and adapt it to their lifestyle requirement and needs.”

Since launching in Nigeria in 2019, OPPO has demonstrated incredible growth to become one of the most popular smartphones in the country. With the firm belief in the manifesto ‘Technology for mankind, Kindness for the world’, OPPO is committed to providing technology experience that appeals to the tech-savvy, hyper-connected Saudi society and elevates their life in all facets.

Source: https://yinksmedia.com/oppo-releases-new-memory-expansion-technology-to-allow-nigerians-add-more-ram-to-their-smartphones/

1 Like

Re: OPPO Releases New Memory Expansion Technology To Allow Nigerians Add More RAM by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 23, 2021
Lol vivo was the first

3 Likes

Re: OPPO Releases New Memory Expansion Technology To Allow Nigerians Add More RAM by sunshineV(f): 6:21pm On Jun 23, 2021
saw this on redmi ad too
Re: OPPO Releases New Memory Expansion Technology To Allow Nigerians Add More RAM by WeNoGoDie(m): 6:33pm On Jun 23, 2021
I don't exactly understand. Is RAM only expanded through a software.

I thought RAM needs a corresponding hardware component.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPPO Releases New Memory Expansion Technology To Allow Nigerians Add More RAM by tosaino95(m): 7:39pm On Jun 23, 2021
WeNoGoDie:

it's possible search virtual ram on Google you will understand better.
but hardware ram is more effective than software ram.

1 Like

Re: OPPO Releases New Memory Expansion Technology To Allow Nigerians Add More RAM by siofra(f): 9:15pm On Jun 23, 2021
iPhone users how far? grin
Re: OPPO Releases New Memory Expansion Technology To Allow Nigerians Add More RAM by MUMUMAN4LIFE: 10:08pm On Jun 23, 2021
The future is phone The future is phone The future is phone
Re: OPPO Releases New Memory Expansion Technology To Allow Nigerians Add More RAM by Nobody: 12:29am On Jun 24, 2021
iPhone users I dey greet oo.... am just passing oo
Re: OPPO Releases New Memory Expansion Technology To Allow Nigerians Add More RAM by phemmyfour: 6:44am On Jun 24, 2021
Let's go there...OPPO for life
Re: OPPO Releases New Memory Expansion Technology To Allow Nigerians Add More RAM by phemmyfour: 6:45am On Jun 24, 2021
WeNoGoDie:

It means the hardware component has a range
Re: OPPO Releases New Memory Expansion Technology To Allow Nigerians Add More RAM by WeNoGoDie(m): 7:18am On Jun 24, 2021
phemmyfour:
It means the hardware component has a range

Do you mean the range is already in built in the phone and you just have to select?
Re: OPPO Releases New Memory Expansion Technology To Allow Nigerians Add More RAM by kindlyheart: 8:32am On Jun 24, 2021
bye bye to your SD card in advance
Re: OPPO Releases New Memory Expansion Technology To Allow Nigerians Add More RAM by najoomey(m): 10:42am On Jun 24, 2021
Oppo way we don take over
Re: OPPO Releases New Memory Expansion Technology To Allow Nigerians Add More RAM by stupidmod3: 10:54am On Jun 24, 2021
if it isn't hard ware ram forget this hype
Re: OPPO Releases New Memory Expansion Technology To Allow Nigerians Add More RAM by Alusiizizi(m): 3:53pm On Jun 24, 2021
tosaino95:
it's possible search virtual ram on Google you will understand better.
but hardware ram is more effective than software ram.

Nothing more than an extended hard drive. In this case, the bottleneck will be 2-fold, the typical low speed that is involved with retrieving information from hard drives and wireless connection speed bottleneck.
Re: OPPO Releases New Memory Expansion Technology To Allow Nigerians Add More RAM by NightFood: 6:47pm On Jun 30, 2021
Mad o, this tech make sense, soon other brands like TECNO, iphone and samsung will follow suit.

1 Like

Re: OPPO Releases New Memory Expansion Technology To Allow Nigerians Add More RAM by Youngpo413: 7:17pm On Jun 30, 2021
RAM expander method of 2017 made 'official' without root access.....nothing new.
Re: OPPO Releases New Memory Expansion Technology To Allow Nigerians Add More RAM by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jun 30, 2021
NightFood:
Mad o, this tech make sense, soon other brands like TECNO, iphone and samsung will follow suit.
No dey mention Tecno my brother
Dem dey talk phones u dey talk Tecno undecided

1 Like

Re: OPPO Releases New Memory Expansion Technology To Allow Nigerians Add More RAM by NightFood: 12:18am On Jul 07, 2021
Topolino2:

No dey mention Tecno my brother
Dem dey talk phones u dey talk Tecno undecided
TECNO na wetin? No be phone too?
Re: OPPO Releases New Memory Expansion Technology To Allow Nigerians Add More RAM by Nobody: 7:28am On Jul 07, 2021
NightFood:
TECNO na wetin? No be phone too?
Bros Tecno and transsion dey try yes but with low quality
I nor fit talk abeg if u lyk Tecno buy
If u don't like it buy another brand
Re: OPPO Releases New Memory Expansion Technology To Allow Nigerians Add More RAM by NightFood: 3:31pm On Jul 07, 2021
Topolino2:

you have said it all, if na TECNO you want go for it. Everyone is entitled you their opinions and whatever the want. Meanwhile, the brand also has very good quality products.

2 Likes

Re: OPPO Releases New Memory Expansion Technology To Allow Nigerians Add More RAM by skywalker240(m): 5:21pm On Jul 07, 2021
Topolino2:

Na confirm marketer you de argue with oo
Re: OPPO Releases New Memory Expansion Technology To Allow Nigerians Add More RAM by tafat: 7:53pm On Jul 07, 2021
sure, this na just wetin dey
NightFood:
you have said it all, if na TECNO you want go for it. Everyone is entitled you their opinions and whatever the want. Meanwhile, the brand also has very good quality products.
Re: OPPO Releases New Memory Expansion Technology To Allow Nigerians Add More RAM by felix55(m): 9:52pm On Jul 07, 2021
Something I used to do with my SD card when I was using Tecno n3 to boost my games...
Re: OPPO Releases New Memory Expansion Technology To Allow Nigerians Add More RAM by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jul 07, 2021
skywalker240:

Na confirm marketer you de argue with oo
grin grin
Re: OPPO Releases New Memory Expansion Technology To Allow Nigerians Add More RAM by paduzman: 12:00am On Jul 08, 2021
wow, what a tech. really makes sense.
Re: OPPO Releases New Memory Expansion Technology To Allow Nigerians Add More RAM by paduzman: 12:01am On Jul 08, 2021
yes o, imagine the phantom x being able to expend its memory to like 12gig RAM
NightFood:
Re: OPPO Releases New Memory Expansion Technology To Allow Nigerians Add More RAM by paduzman: 12:02am On Jul 08, 2021
how? do you mean expanding your SD card storage now or expanding your tecno n3 ram? undecided
felix55:
Something I used to do with my SD card when I was using Tecno n3 to boost my games...
Re: OPPO Releases New Memory Expansion Technology To Allow Nigerians Add More RAM by NightFood: 12:29am On Jul 08, 2021
wow, that would be super cool
paduzman:
yes o, imagine the phantom x being able to expend its memory to like 12gig RAM
Re: OPPO Releases New Memory Expansion Technology To Allow Nigerians Add More RAM by iseoluwanimi: 10:15pm On Jul 08, 2021
i guess it works like Virtual RAM... (shadow or audio Ram) will it be effective

(1) (2) (Reply)

Zain And Blackberry (fraud) / Among Htc, Sam$ùng & Sony Ericsson, Who Makes D Best Android Phone? / Check Out The Android App I Created

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.