Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,834 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

How Do You Tell Your Boss That There Is Too Much Work? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do You Tell Your Boss That There Is Too Much Work? (11453 Views)

Ever Been Sexually Harassed By Your Boss? How Did You Deal With It? / How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss / How Can I Tell My Boss That I Want To Quit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Tell Your Boss That There Is Too Much Work? by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 24, 2021
My female boss noticed my awkward behaviour at work.She called a meeting because of me and asked me whether I was tired of the job.I said no but I was stressed.My tasked was a deliveryman,a messenger,a maintenance of office equipment when they went bad,a kitchen assistant etc.After the government pronounced a nationwide lockdown,I picked my personal belongings and japa.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Tell Your Boss That There Is Too Much Work? by Emeskhalifa(m): 9:49am On Jun 24, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright......

A real niggarrr ain't scared of boss.....go straight to him and tell to his face

If he tries any shit by sacking you....

Then go home and start bombing.....buy your lexus and drive it down to your former place of work

So they know that when one fuckkking door of happiness closes then another one is opened...

See the werey advice grin

I pity whoever go take this your advice sha
Re: How Do You Tell Your Boss That There Is Too Much Work? by Perfectman91: 9:49am On Jun 24, 2021
24kmagic:
Say it this way "Boss, work too much for my table ooo! Una want kill me for this company. On top how much? I go soon leave this job for Una.

Really funny
Re: How Do You Tell Your Boss That There Is Too Much Work? by Godstiger(m): 9:52am On Jun 24, 2021
Do not ask for salary increasement on a job that could overwhelm you,asking directly from the boss for asisstance or writting a memo is better of..give or take

1 Like

Re: How Do You Tell Your Boss That There Is Too Much Work? by Trustedpronet: 9:53am On Jun 24, 2021
Do your best and leave the rest.
Re: How Do You Tell Your Boss That There Is Too Much Work? by maxi86(m): 10:00am On Jun 24, 2021
You should turn in your resignation letter, by this he will certainly pick your message. shocked grin
Re: How Do You Tell Your Boss That There Is Too Much Work? by stupidmod3: 10:00am On Jun 24, 2021
sir ma the work is too much.
Re: How Do You Tell Your Boss That There Is Too Much Work? by SocialJustice: 10:10am On Jun 24, 2021
Lol, not in Nigerian firms o.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Tell Your Boss That There Is Too Much Work? by Tylergee12: 10:11am On Jun 24, 2021
I for like relate with you boss. How can I reach you?

quote author=slawormiir post=103037690]Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright......

A real niggarrr ain't scared of boss.....go straight to him and tell to his face

Then go home and start bombing.....buy your lexus and drive it down to your former place of work

So they know that when one fuckkking door of happiness closes then another one is opened...[/quote]
Re: How Do You Tell Your Boss That There Is Too Much Work? by bluefilm: 10:14am On Jun 24, 2021
Just a slap on the face

Or a solid punch in the stomach

Or a hard konk on the head

Or just an evil look that lasts for good ten seconds...

So you see, you have so many options !!!
Re: How Do You Tell Your Boss That There Is Too Much Work? by Oyerinde16(m): 10:19am On Jun 24, 2021
In my office, we are up to 120, open office space, the work load is much, everyone complains however some eye service staffs, notice me staffs, I'm hard working staff, i can do exceedingly anything staff, i need promotion staff will work out their life to deliver or meet target, on a job that has no security, fire here and there, how do you tell the BOSS (HR) that work is too much when some are exceeding target.

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Tell Your Boss That There Is Too Much Work? by Mrtreasure0220: 10:26am On Jun 24, 2021
oluwaseunamos33:
By pretending to be sick everyday as a result of work

You're Criminal MINDED.
Re: How Do You Tell Your Boss That There Is Too Much Work? by HITsquad: 10:26am On Jun 24, 2021
You think your boss doesn't know already? Silence means you can handle it especially if you keep delivering. You have to negotiate with him. Your boss is not God or Allah.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Tell Your Boss That There Is Too Much Work? by qtguru(m): 10:28am On Jun 24, 2021
By changing jobs , I rarely complained or gave feedback, once I don't like a job I resign asap

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Tell Your Boss That There Is Too Much Work? by Sheyisky84: 10:32am On Jun 24, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr baba kon teach me how to bomb o make me sef biy lexus
Isoright......

So they know that when one fuckkking door of happiness closes then another one is opened...
Re: How Do You Tell Your Boss That There Is Too Much Work? by MrModerator(m): 10:35am On Jun 24, 2021
Is very simple;

Just put on a fake smile cheesy and be like

Sir/Mr.
Work this days are very tedious, hope it will yeild a positive Change to our dear company and to us too.. (still put on the fake smile cheesy)
Re: How Do You Tell Your Boss That There Is Too Much Work? by abysirius(m): 10:50am On Jun 24, 2021
Not difficult if u have another job offer.
Re: How Do You Tell Your Boss That There Is Too Much Work? by Nobody: 11:03am On Jun 24, 2021
Emily22:
The day I dropped all my certificates and face reality...that was the day my life transformed for good...

I can't just withstand a boss controlling me ...

Bro, you can't complain, even though you want to complain, don't make it formal.

Unless you have another job...

Most private company boss behave like bubu.....

As long as they pay you , do your work even if it's an overload.....

Remember, don't complain if you don't have alternative job

So endure

Lol.. I'm telling you they behave like bubu because they'll view you as a lazy youth.

If you try to complain (no matter how diplomatic you go about it) some will be like... You are not competent for the job or you lack the ability to work under pressure. Remember that's one of the things job seekers always say at interviews to sell themselves to the employers. "Ability to work under pressure".
So, you can't really tell them the workload is much unless you've gotten another job cause they won't have it. It may work in other advanced countries with well organized system but definitely not in Nigeria.

Just do the little you can at a time.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Tell Your Boss That There Is Too Much Work? by Emily22(m): 11:12am On Jun 24, 2021
CharisEleos:

Lol.. I'm telling you they behave like bubu because they'll view you as a lazy youth.

If you try to complain (no matter how diplomatic you go about it) some will be like... You are not competent for the job or you lack the ability to work under pressure. Remember that's one of the things job seekers always say at interviews to sell themselves to the employers. "Ability to work under pressure".
So, you can't really tell them the workload is much unless you've gotten another job cause they won't have it. It may work in other advanced countries with well organized system but definitely not in Nigeria.

Just don't he little you can at a time.

.you said it all sir....
Re: How Do You Tell Your Boss That There Is Too Much Work? by oluwaseunamos33(m): 11:21am On Jun 24, 2021
Mrtreasure0220:

You're Criminal MINDED.
thanks but na me and you now. It's part of us in Africa most especially Nigeria
Re: How Do You Tell Your Boss That There Is Too Much Work? by Karleb(m): 11:22am On Jun 24, 2021
qtguru:
By changing jobs , I rarely complained or gave feedback, once I don't like a job I resign asap

Boss move. cool
Re: How Do You Tell Your Boss That There Is Too Much Work? by Karleb(m): 11:25am On Jun 24, 2021
Tribalism123:
I sent my former boss an Employee Query. He got perturbed.
. grin grin
Re: How Do You Tell Your Boss That There Is Too Much Work? by Karleb(m): 11:26am On Jun 24, 2021
24kmagic:
Say it this way "Boss, work too much for my table ooo! Una want kill me for this company. On top how much? I go soon leave this job for Una.

Ten people can say this ten different ways and get ten different reactions.
Re: How Do You Tell Your Boss That There Is Too Much Work? by Cutehector(m): 11:26am On Jun 24, 2021
I quit
Re: How Do You Tell Your Boss That There Is Too Much Work? by Dreadlock69(m): 11:28am On Jun 24, 2021
Very simple I'll start fainting in the office
Re: How Do You Tell Your Boss That There Is Too Much Work? by ShawttySoFyne(f): 11:31am On Jun 24, 2021
Robertkenny:
David Gray

Hi boss, do you have a sec? I was reviewing all the tasks on my plate and making estimates of how long it will take me to accomplish them. I realized that given the deadlines we have, there's no way I can get all that done and maintain a good level of quality. There's about 8 days of work to do, and our milestone is in 5 days.

I'd like some guidance from you on how to prioritize these tasks, given the time constraints. Or if you'd like, I could help brainstorm how to shuffle some tasks around to other team members."

Something like that assumes that you're on the same team, rather than being antagonistic or blaming. It gives him or her specific information, rather than a vague statement of "there's too much work!" It's also an offer to help with the problem, rather than just dumping it on your boss and saying "you figure it out."

If you were reporting to me, I'd respond well to something like that.

How do you complaint?

Shared from Bogger.
my boss was like that till I said I'd quit
Re: How Do You Tell Your Boss That There Is Too Much Work? by soojar(m): 11:36am On Jun 24, 2021
Robertkenny:
David Gray

Hi boss, do you have a sec? I was reviewing all the tasks on my plate and making estimates of how long it will take me to accomplish them. I realized that given the deadlines we have, there's no way I can get all that done and maintain a good level of quality. There's about 8 days of work to do, and our milestone is in 5 days.

I'd like some guidance from you on how to prioritize these tasks, given the time constraints. Or if you'd like, I could help brainstorm how to shuffle some tasks around to other team members."

Something like that assumes that you're on the same team, rather than being antagonistic or blaming. It gives him or her specific information, rather than a vague statement of "there's too much work!" It's also an offer to help with the problem, rather than just dumping it on your boss and saying "you figure it out."

If you were reporting to me, I'd respond well to something like that.

How do you complaint?

Shared from Bogger.

By submitting your resignation letter
Re: How Do You Tell Your Boss That There Is Too Much Work? by Ratedgang: 11:42am On Jun 24, 2021
Don’t tell him until you break down and land in the hospital
Re: How Do You Tell Your Boss That There Is Too Much Work? by AkanmuKehinde(m): 12:58pm On Jun 24, 2021
oluwaseunamos33:
By pretending to be sick everyday as a result of work

Really, in this scenario..., there's no formal way of addressing this issue. Just let your action speak louder than your voice!

Lobatan!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Got A Reject Mail? This Is How To Respond / Should A School Owner Withhold Staff Salary For Not Updating Lesson Notes? / AppICS Outsourcing Limited Latest Job Recruitment (11 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.