Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,125 members, 7,821,862 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Is Car Fuel Saver Really Economical? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Car Fuel Saver Really Economical? (11811 Views)

How Much Is Car Papers Renewal In Your State? / How Do You Calculate Your Car's Fuel Consumption? / How Much Do You Spend On Car Fuel Weekly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Car Fuel Saver Really Economical? by Olumaeme: 12:05pm On Jun 24, 2021
The money wasted to buy fuel saver should have been used to buy fuel.

Fuel saver na scam

1 Like

Re: Is Car Fuel Saver Really Economical? by Seventywin: 12:09pm On Jun 24, 2021
iliyande:
For the experts in this forum please I want to know if those fuel savers being advertised by the fuel attendants really effective?
In my calculation: Fuel saver price is 1k and what if one uses the 1k to add more fuel to his car? Or can those fuel savers effectively save up to 1k fuel in one's car?
What about injector cleaners?

One of the big scams of the auto industry
... Avoid those " Saving" Myths.. you could even harm some sensitive sensors, depending on Your Machine, just ensure that Your Engine is regularly serviced for better efficiency , while making sure the condition of your injector is ok ..Also you need to check the condition of your tyres, make sure they are originally suited for your car with good regularl tire pressures checks... You will be fine

1 Like

Re: Is Car Fuel Saver Really Economical? by beardedboy(m): 12:09pm On Jun 24, 2021
flexlatifa:
I can't buy that fuel saver for 1k
Better to use the money buy fuel....
Correct person
Re: Is Car Fuel Saver Really Economical? by Diffen: 12:16pm On Jun 24, 2021
there's a fuel saver card and also an electricity saver card from stakexchain company. it saves up to 5-30% of your fuel consumption.100% legal and fully compliant to safety standards. try it. it works
Re: Is Car Fuel Saver Really Economical? by Princeton92(m): 12:28pm On Jun 24, 2021
Chukwutobi:
Here to read comments

We're on the same page.
Re: Is Car Fuel Saver Really Economical? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jun 24, 2021
The system if original works but if adulterated or fake it will spoil your injector as opposed to cleaning it. Always make sure you get these products from a reputable dealer

2 Likes

Re: Is Car Fuel Saver Really Economical? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jun 24, 2021
The only thing that enters my fuel tank is fuel.

2 Likes

Re: Is Car Fuel Saver Really Economical? by OduduaDefender(m): 1:07pm On Jun 24, 2021
abatically:

Get the car scanned. Lemme guess there's a check engine light illuminated on ur dashboard.

I am experiencing the same with my 2007 Corolla. I just noticed since last month that my car has been consuming fuel more than it used to.
I don't know what the problem is although my check engine light is on on my dashboard.
Re: Is Car Fuel Saver Really Economical? by Kirkman: 1:11pm On Jun 24, 2021
I only know about injector cleaner and I am not sure those one's being sold at these our local filling stations are even genuine sef.
Re: Is Car Fuel Saver Really Economical? by Dododawa01: 1:12pm On Jun 24, 2021
OduduaDefender:

I am experiencing the same with my 2007 Corolla. I just noticed since last month that my car has been consuming fuel more than it used to.
I don't know what the problem is although my check engine light is on on my dashboard.

When last did you service your corolla b4 u notice car is consuming fuel, if d car has been service for long, Pls service d machine, your car will b okay to your normal fuel consumption.
Re: Is Car Fuel Saver Really Economical? by slowice(m): 1:35pm On Jun 24, 2021
abatically:

Get the car scanned. Lemme guess there's a check engine light illuminated on ur dashboard.
. Nope no engine check light sha
Re: Is Car Fuel Saver Really Economical? by engrkaz(m): 1:46pm On Jun 24, 2021
Or beer and pepper soup
flexlatifa:
I can't buy that fuel saver for 1k
Better to use the money buy fuel....
Re: Is Car Fuel Saver Really Economical? by Bleiz(m): 2:13pm On Jun 24, 2021
Change ur engine oil. Maintain proper tyre inflation. Reduce weight.

I notice that anytime I buy full tank of fuel, it finishes quickly cos of the added weight. So I looked for a way to reduce weight by buying half tank.

slowice:
Is there a genuine way to save fuel or improve the fuel efficiency of a car? Lately I kinda feel that my Honda accord is consuming more fuel, dunno sha.

1 Like

Re: Is Car Fuel Saver Really Economical? by slowice(m): 2:16pm On Jun 24, 2021
Bleiz:

I notice that anytime I buy full tank of fuel, it finishes quickly cos of the added weight. So I looked for a way to reduce weight by buying half tank.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Is Car Fuel Saver Really Economical? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jun 24, 2021
slowice:
Is there a genuine way to save fuel or improve the fuel efficiency of a car? Lately I kinda feel that my Honda accord is consuming more fuel, dunno sha.

Stop unnessary acceleration and braking.

1 Like

Re: Is Car Fuel Saver Really Economical? by slowice(m): 4:40pm On Jun 24, 2021
Jondelng:

Stop unnessary acceleration and braking.

How do you stop when there always traffic? Lol but thanks I understand.

1 Like

Re: Is Car Fuel Saver Really Economical? by phemmyfour: 7:47pm On Jun 24, 2021
iliyande:
For the experts in this forum please I want to know if those fuel savers being advertised by the fuel attendants really effective?
In my calculation: Fuel saver price is 1k and what if one uses the 1k to add more fuel to his car? Or can those fuel savers effectively save up to 1k fuel in one's car?
No
It adds to the residue in your tank. It's waste of money don't use it

2 Likes

Re: Is Car Fuel Saver Really Economical? by Peppermintflav: 8:19pm On Jun 24, 2021
slowice:
Scan and post codes
Re: Is Car Fuel Saver Really Economical? by Peterlove11: 10:48pm On Jun 24, 2021
slowice:

What's the mileage per full tank
Re: Is Car Fuel Saver Really Economical? by Kelvin30286063(m): 1:21am On Jun 25, 2021
Any time they advertise that thing to me. The street in me always tell me it's 1 quarter litre of petrol that they pour inside and they are selling 1k. It's a scam

1 Like

Re: Is Car Fuel Saver Really Economical? by slowice(m): 6:46am On Jun 25, 2021
Peterlove11:

What's the mileage per full tank

Haven't really observed it.... But what should be the estimated average? Would like to observe and see
Re: Is Car Fuel Saver Really Economical? by radautoworks: 6:51pm On Jun 25, 2021
iliyande:
they are not scams if they are not counterfeit. The attendants just don't know what they are selling. They advertise cleaners as boosters and vice versa.

The idea is cleaners make the car run more efficiently so you are not burning excess fuel due to clogs, impurities or moisture (real concerns in Nigeria). Good for an older car but useless for a new one. Boosters do something similar by compensating for lower octane ratings where premium fuel is not available. Beneficial for new cars that require premium. Once monthly use in Nigeria depending on your situation should reap good benefits.

Also, 1k "fuel saver" I don't seriously think is genuine product.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIQv6rtpvR_/?utm_medium=copy_link

1 Like

Re: Is Car Fuel Saver Really Economical? by radautoworks: 6:55pm On Jun 25, 2021
Bleiz:

the faster killing of your fuel pump is not worth this

1 Like

Re: Is Car Fuel Saver Really Economical? by radautoworks: 6:56pm On Jun 25, 2021
Kirkman:
I only know about injector cleaner and I am not sure those one's being sold at these our local filling stations are even genuine sef.

That's exactly the problem

1 Like

Re: Is Car Fuel Saver Really Economical? by okewumi: 7:01pm On Jun 25, 2021
OduduaDefender:

Make sure you check your exhaust by looking under if their is leakage. Mechanic or panel beater can assist to check.
Check the oxygen sensor. Thirdly hope your catalyst has not been removed?

1 Like

Re: Is Car Fuel Saver Really Economical? by Bleiz(m): 10:43pm On Jun 25, 2021
As long you don't allow it to dry up, the fuel pump will be okay.

radautoworks:
the faster killing of your fuel pump is not worth this

1 Like

Re: Is Car Fuel Saver Really Economical? by radautoworks: 11:06pm On Jun 25, 2021
Bleiz:
As long you don't allow it to dry up, the fuel pump will be okay.

Tah. Whatever you say you are right.
Re: Is Car Fuel Saver Really Economical? by Bravecampbell(m): 4:04pm On Jun 27, 2021
It doesn't work instead it can probably spoil your car carburetor or something else
Re: Is Car Fuel Saver Really Economical? by Kirkman: 11:20pm On Jun 27, 2021
radautoworks:
they are not scams if they are not counterfeit. The attendants just don't know what they are selling. They advertise cleaners as boosters and vice versa.

The idea is cleaners make the car run more efficiently so you are not burning excess fuel due to clogs, impurities or moisture (real concerns in Nigeria). Good for an older car but useless for a new one. Boosters do something similar by compensating for lower octane ratings where premium fuel is not available. Beneficial for new cars that require premium. Once monthly use in Nigeria depending on your situation should reap good benefits.

Also, 1k "fuel saver" I don't seriously this is genuine product.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIQv6rtpvR_/?utm_medium=copy_link

Well said..

1 Like

Re: Is Car Fuel Saver Really Economical? by GregJames(m): 3:18pm On Oct 08, 2021
Simplyleo:
There is nothing like fuel saver, stop killing your car engines. Something must pay for something.

Attempting to save fuel and still get desired output is same as trying to create energy out of nothing in complete defiance of general energy principles.

But energy is never created nor destroyed

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Often Do You Look Under Your Bonnet? / Finally, A Made In Nigeria Car - And It's Like The Hummer Jeep! / How Much Do U Spend On Your Car Monthly Or Annually

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.