Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,315 members, 7,867,838 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 04:24 AM

State Of The Yoruba Union - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State Of The Yoruba Union (768 Views)

Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work / World Igbo Union Drums Support For Buhari’s Government / African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

State Of The Yoruba Union by tpia5: 8:58am On May 07, 2011
what is the current state of the Yoruba union because the way i see it, there are far too many souls within who have only one goal, which is to hand-deliver yorubas, to the highest bidders.

i do not think our forefathers [or the british colonials] were wrong when they decentralised the administrative function and bolstered [to some extent] the self government and self determination of the various groups which make up the southwest. That way, one region would find it more difficult to impose on the others at least militarily if not politically.

Given the rampant activities of slavers at the time, who roamed everywhere and penetrated even to the furthermost villages in every region, i see the reason why it was necessary to keep people on their guard.

now, i've noticed quite a few of our "brothers" tend to have no ultimate vision beyond selling yorubas to different purchasers.

for some, it's benin, for others, its whites, ghana, arabs, etc.

now, what exactly is the gain here, assuming you really believe in what you're doing.

is this promoting infrastructural development and good governance or is it simply a way to line your pockets with filthy lucre or to shine your overbloated ego.
Re: State Of The Yoruba Union by revomind(m): 1:48pm On May 07, 2011
Well,
Re: State Of The Yoruba Union by Chyz2: 3:47pm On May 07, 2011
tpia@:

what is the current state of the Yoruba union because the way i see it, there are far too many souls within who have only one goal, which is to hand-deliver yorubas, to the highest bidders.

i do not think our forefathers [or the british colonials] were wrong when they decentralised the administrative function and bolstered [to some extent] the self government and self determination of the various groups which make up the southwest. That way, one region would find it more difficult to impose on the others at least militarily if not politically.

Given the rampant activities of slavers at the time, who roamed everywhere and penetrated even to the furthermost villages in every region, i see the reason why it was necessary to keep people on their guard.

now, i've noticed quite a few of our "brothers" tend to have no ultimate vision beyond selling yorubas to different purchasers.

now, what exactly is the gain here, assuming you really believe in what you're doing.

is this promoting infrastructural development and good governance or is it simply a way to line your pockets with filthy lucre or to shine your overbloated ego.

Well done,babe. i luv u. kiss
Re: State Of The Yoruba Union by aljharem3: 3:48pm On May 07, 2011
Chyz*:

Well done,babe. i luv u. kiss

leave her alone angry
Re: State Of The Yoruba Union by sbeezy8: 3:51pm On May 07, 2011
wrong and useless threads

how can anyone hand over yorubas to the highest bidder?

there will always be yorubas who disagree, leaders who fall from grace or different political parties with different interest.

so what is your problem?
Re: State Of The Yoruba Union by gidson12(m): 4:01pm On May 07, 2011
tpia@:

well said, they re still up for sale as we speak
Re: State Of The Yoruba Union by OAM4J: 4:44pm On May 07, 2011
tpia@:

Tpia am trying to understand the bold. Can you shed more light?

How exactly are they selling Yorubas? Will also appreciate some links to the disturbing activities of these our "brothers"
Re: State Of The Yoruba Union by HighChief4(m): 4:48pm On May 07, 2011
They are up for grabs? but I thought Tinubu bought all
Re: State Of The Yoruba Union by gidson12(m): 5:45pm On May 07, 2011
^^^lol, i tell you bro, those folks gat no value
Re: State Of The Yoruba Union by Mynd44: 7:48pm On May 07, 2011
Stupid thread
Re: State Of The Yoruba Union by EkoIle1: 8:15pm On May 07, 2011
I totally agree with the OP, Yoruba people don sell out to the highest bidder.

(1) (Reply)

Pakistan Suicide Bombs Killed 80 / Policemen Shoot Passengers Over N100 - What A Wasted Nation This Is Becoming / Ohakim On The Run!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.