Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,726 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:12 AM

Removing The Anonymity Of The Internet - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Removing The Anonymity Of The Internet (939 Views)

Graphic Photo: A New Way Of Removing The Black Skin Layer On Black People? / Why Do The Antispam Bots Keep Removing My Posts?? / Which Romance Section Lady Or Dude Can U Recognize Behind The Internet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Removing The Anonymity Of The Internet by tpia5: 9:12am On May 07, 2011
should people's locations and ip addresses be displayed along with their posts?

i think that might be necessary sooner or later.

for example, something like danasoft does, where the site displays your info as you log on.

check it out.

**would have added a poll but i dont see the poll option.
Re: Removing The Anonymity Of The Internet by samuyi1: 11:40am On May 07, 2011
poor
Re: Removing The Anonymity Of The Internet by tpia5: 2:24pm On May 07, 2011
^Too bad for you.

@ topic

sooner or later the anonymity of the web must be removed so people will relate to each oher the same way they do in ftf interaction.

Far too many cowards and spineless wimps hide behind te internet and have developed a God complex because they feel invincible.
Re: Removing The Anonymity Of The Internet by ifyalways(f): 2:46pm On May 07, 2011
tpia@:

^Too bad for you.

@ topic

sooner or later the anonymity of the web must be removed so people will relate to each oher the same way they do in ftf interaction.

Far too many cowards and spineless wimps hide behind te internet and have developed a God complex because they feel invincible.
Interesting.
Re: Removing The Anonymity Of The Internet by Pweety4me(f): 3:11pm On May 07, 2011
Hmm are u ready to reveal aswell? lipsrsealed grin tongue
Re: Removing The Anonymity Of The Internet by Odunnu: 3:12pm On May 07, 2011
Yea, it sure could help people behave more responsibly
Re: Removing The Anonymity Of The Internet by tpia5: 7:50pm On May 07, 2011
@ pweety4me

what kind of d.aft question is that?

Your ofofo and gossip network left out some of my information or are you drunk today.
Re: Removing The Anonymity Of The Internet by tpia1: 10:20pm On Dec 16, 2012
important.
Re: Removing The Anonymity Of The Internet by Mynd44: 5:49am On Dec 17, 2012
tpia1: important.
I completely disagree. The point of a faceless forum is so you can be free to express your opinions without being scared of victimization. When IP addresses are posted then there will be a problem
Re: Removing The Anonymity Of The Internet by Alaafialoro(m): 6:59am On Dec 17, 2012
It has its cons and pros.
It will definitely reduce the rate of stup.idity displayed online and religious and ethnic bigotry will drastically reduce. But victimization definitely over-weighs the benefit and people will be afraid to air their sincere opinion.
Re: Removing The Anonymity Of The Internet by tpia1: 4:38pm On Dec 17, 2012
Mynd_44:
I completely disagree. The point of a faceless forum is so you can be free to express your opinions without being scared of victimization. When IP addresses are posted then there will be a problem

the anonymity is what empowers some to attempt to victimize others.

posters who make a habit of inciting, causing disruption and strife, and goading others into committing crimes, do not deserve anonymity.

it happens very often here, that these people will openly gloat after they've made a kill. That is wrong, they need to be revealed so others can see them.
Re: Removing The Anonymity Of The Internet by tpia1: 4:41pm On Dec 17, 2012
Alaafia l‘oro:
It has its cons and pros.
It will definitely reduce the rate of stup.idity displayed online and religious and ethnic bigotry will drastically reduce. But victimization definitely over-weighs the benefit and people will be afraid to air their sincere opinion.

if much of what obtains on nl is what is considered "sincere opinion", then i dont think its such a great loss if they're not aired.

the "sincere opinions" havent raised the general IQ level of the website.

the victimization aspect will be better handled if people can see who exactly they're dealing with.

the anonymity is providing protection for cowards.
Re: Removing The Anonymity Of The Internet by Alaafialoro(m): 5:40pm On Dec 17, 2012
tpia1:

if much of what obtains on nl is what is considered "sincere opinion", then i dont think its such a great loss if they're not aired.

the "sincere opinions" havent raised the general IQ level of the website.

the victimization aspect will be better handled if people can see who exactly they're dealing with.

the anonymity is providing protection for cowards.
Well,NL cannot be used as the standard for such important action. Afterall,NL is known to be the breeding place of some slow.pokes. Other means can be deviced to checkmate the aspect of insultive or demeaning posts/comments,but revealing ID or IP address should definitely be out of the equation.
Re: Removing The Anonymity Of The Internet by tpia1: 6:28pm On Dec 17, 2012
unfortunately, such choices are gradually being taken out of the hands of internet users.

if people insist on abusing the priviledges they're given, then sooner or later there will be consequences.
Re: Removing The Anonymity Of The Internet by tpia5: 6:18am On Feb 03, 2013
hmm.
Re: Removing The Anonymity Of The Internet by chucky234(m): 8:47pm On Feb 04, 2013
As if I care about anonymity,I aint give a dam fvck. The anonymity should be removed to expose those fake pure water sellers and roadside technician like billyonaire who come out here to claim champion,all the 16 yrs old on board will aleast learn to respect veteran like us.
Haba enough is enough with this anonymity thing,am sick and tired of it.
Re: Removing The Anonymity Of The Internet by tpia5: 1:12am On Nov 21, 2013
exactly how much is anonymous anyway.

(1) (Reply)

Whites Have Become Blacks! / Describe Seun Of Nairaland In One Sentence / Nairaland Anti-spam Bot, Oga Seun, Do Something O!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.