Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,579 members, 7,820,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

How Do You Maintain A Position As A Boss In A Partnership? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Do You Maintain A Position As A Boss In A Partnership? (136 Views)

Man Renounce Is Position As "First Son" Of The Family / Car Wax: To Help You Maintain The New Look Of Your Car / How To Maintain Friendships When You Have Tight Schedules (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Maintain A Position As A Boss In A Partnership? by TheOldGods: 11:27am On Jun 24, 2021
So I've thought about this and need guidance. I believe this topic will also help alot of people.

So I have this big ideas, about a movie role or series which I want people to see. I am a director, VFX artist and also an actor, however, I want to focus more on directing and producing the film's. I met up with another person,let's say a camera guy who will handle the shots. I won't say he is that of an expert like me, ofcourse I've worked with alot of white people doing animations and VFX which he knows. After conveying my ideas, he loved it, and we set up a meeting which included 7 other people. 2 persons from my own side and 3 on his own-side making them 4 and me 3. Ofcourse the team consists of writers, from his own side, location manager from his side, and another camera person, let's say a drone pilot. And on my own side we have the Audio, director,prop-set. Now we all have an understanding. I being the most experienced, and skilled amongst them, believe I in the best position to head everyone, we considered running a company name, which everyone will suggest, also which I think I should oversee or be the boss behind this. I don't know if this makes any sense, but I am the person with the whole ideas and the most skilled here. Most of the other team members are likely still starting up. I want to know the best way to approach them on this to head over them on the next meeting, without Being selfish or act like i want to take everything to myself. Ofcourse I can't be an island. I'll be happy if this post will get more attention, because it will also help alot of people going into partnership with anyone, about any business which involves money or fame etc.

Seun
Mynd44
Lalasticlala

I'll be glad,if I can reach more people.. I believe this is engaging enough. Or maybe not sad
Re: How Do You Maintain A Position As A Boss In A Partnership? by Wawelexy(m): 11:42am On Jun 24, 2021
Bro, in as much as i respect the fact that u re the most experience person, the brain behind the whole idea, and the most expose person in that field of profession(working with the whites would ve made u used more advance technical tools). Since u do not made mention of the financial aspect in ur write-up, i would still suggest that u trow the leadership role open, i mean 4-5 years tenor for every candidate. OP might just be the brain behind the idea, while the other guy is funding it. OP calm down.
Re: How Do You Maintain A Position As A Boss In A Partnership? by TheOldGods: 12:38pm On Jun 24, 2021
Wawelexy:
Bro, in as much as i respect the fact that u re the most experience person, the brain behind the whole idea, and the most expose person in that field of profession(working with the whites would ve made u used more advance technical tools). Since u do not made mention of the financial aspect in ur write-up, i would still suggest that u trow the leadership role open, i mean 4-5 years tenor for every candidate. OP might just be the brain behind the idea, while the other guy is funding it. OP calm down.
no one is funding, anything yet. Besides when it comes to funding I am the richest and definitely will fund more. However, everyone will contribute the little they have. Let's say, we have a target to get 50k, and each one is asked to contribute 10k each. Definitely, this makes everyone part of the team, where they all contribute, but ofcourse, they has to be a boss no matter what. I need more ideas to this collaboration
Re: How Do You Maintain A Position As A Boss In A Partnership? by Wawelexy(m): 2:10pm On Jun 24, 2021
TheOldGods:
no one is funding, anything yet. Besides when it comes to funding I am the richest and definitely will fund more. However, everyone will contribute the little they have. Let's say, we have a target to get 50k, and each one is asked to contribute 10k each. Definitely, this makes everyone part of the team, where they all contribute, but ofcourse, they has to be a boss no matter what. I need more ideas to this collaboration
....... Ok then, let them see reasons that u need to their boss, if they re wise, they would accept it.
Re: How Do You Maintain A Position As A Boss In A Partnership? by TheOldGods: 6:48pm On Jun 24, 2021
I'm seeking for the best approach

(1) (Reply)

Florist Near Me / POS Officers Required / Stomach Crunches For The Flat Belly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.