Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

What Are Treamnst For Aids In Pregant Women? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Are Treamnst For Aids In Pregant Women? (623 Views)

Hope For AIDS Cure / I Have Cure For Aids, Prophet Claims / The Cure For Aids In S/africa.is It True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Treamnst For Aids In Pregant Women? by samuyi1: 12:40pm On May 07, 2011
so that the child will be negative?
Re: What Are Treamnst For Aids In Pregant Women? by marjo: 7:21pm On May 10, 2011
Go to NIMR at yaba behind presbyterian church they will assist you greatly.
call Pastor on 08023705931.
Re: What Are Treamnst For Aids In Pregant Women? by akanke79: 12:01pm On May 12, 2011
Hej Sam Uyi,
                     please send me an email on akanke_mi@yahoo.com ,i need to discuss some important issues with you about treatment in pregnancy
Re: What Are Treamnst For Aids In Pregant Women? by MaiSuya(m): 9:27pm On May 12, 2011
@OP its a combination of different Antiretroviral drugs, usually three, but in some cases two depending on the trimester she is in, the viral load/CD4 count at baseline, the presence of what we call AIDS defining illness and a lot of other factors.

the aim to keep the viral load as low as possible, since this will reduce the risk of it( the virus) being transferred to the foetus, and this is possible if the drugs are commenced early.

Most heart to heart centers, even those that have capped enrollment do render PMTCT services, and priority, as I'm aware, is given to pregnant women.

bottom line: ensure the person is enrolled so that she can commence treatment asap
Re: What Are Treamnst For Aids In Pregant Women? by reindeer: 12:29pm On May 13, 2011
Mai Suya:

@OP its a combination of different Antiretroviral drugs, usually three, but in some cases two depending on the trimester she is in, the viral load/CD4 count at baseline, the presence of what we call AIDS defining illness and a lot of other factors.

the aim to keep the viral load as low as possible, since this will reduce the risk of it( the virus) being transferred to the foetus, and this is possible if the drugs are commenced early.

Most heart to heart centers, even those that have capped enrollment do render PMTCT services, and priority, as I'm aware, is given to pregnant women.

bottom line: ensure the person is enrolled so that she can commence treatment asap

Good advice.
You need to go ASAP as she will be given some ARV in pregnancy(usually just one) and the most important thing is for the child to have good care and follow up. You child will have a single injection at birth and then be given an oral medication for 6 weeks after delivery, this will be followed up by tests lasting up to 18months post delivery. They may advice you to have a caesarean section and also not to breastfeed(this is still a contentious area in Africa due to the financial and social implications)
This regimen has been well proven to prevent matternal to child transmission of HIV and in my experience most of the kids do very well and are HIV free by their 18th month when they are discharged from clinic.The good part is that this treatments are free at the heart to hearty and even the PEPFAR centres( you can go to LUTH idi araba, or Lagos island maternity hospital for these treatments. Wish you the very best.Whatever you do just dont believe in scammers who will promise you magic cures and take your money.Hope this has been helpful.

(1) (Reply)

Paxil Lawyers And The Paxil Lawsuit Againts GSk / Merry Xmas! / Stroke Therapy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.