Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:37 PM

BBC Readers Pick Their Euros 2020 Team Of The Group Stage, No Ronaldo - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / BBC Readers Pick Their Euros 2020 Team Of The Group Stage, No Ronaldo (29819 Views)

Why No Ronaldo Rejection News On Front Page? / Highest Goalscorers In The Champions League After The Group Stage / AFCON 2019: The Five “must See” Big Games Of The Group Stage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBC Readers Pick Their Euros 2020 Team Of The Group Stage, No Ronaldo by Jostoman: 3:49pm On Jun 25, 2021
chrisxxx:
Sportsmen including FIFA and EURO and suffering Ronaldophobia. I was before but is is time to say the truth that Ronaldo is the greatest of our time. Messi is good but cant do it alone. Ronaldo does it alone and that is the difference.
Ronaldo does it alone with penalty and tapping inside box.
Re: BBC Readers Pick Their Euros 2020 Team Of The Group Stage, No Ronaldo by okenwaa(m): 3:50pm On Jun 25, 2021
They're always doing the most to bring the king down.. grin

1 Like

Re: BBC Readers Pick Their Euros 2020 Team Of The Group Stage, No Ronaldo by Maximus85(m): 3:51pm On Jun 25, 2021
More motivation for Cristiano.

Abeg check my signature. Viewing alone will put food on my table.

Thanks.
Re: BBC Readers Pick Their Euros 2020 Team Of The Group Stage, No Ronaldo by jasperskiddo(m): 3:51pm On Jun 25, 2021
Lols, but he's the top scoring at this year edition of the tournament, all I smell is hate.

1 Like

Re: BBC Readers Pick Their Euros 2020 Team Of The Group Stage, No Ronaldo by BrazilAirport: 3:58pm On Jun 25, 2021
Could this be as a result of the coca cola issue
Re: BBC Readers Pick Their Euros 2020 Team Of The Group Stage, No Ronaldo by blasterman(m): 3:58pm On Jun 25, 2021
wunmi590:

And you think it is easy scoring goals and you haven't become a footballer all this while and make money with it..

And you think it easy and Roy Makaay and aiyegbeni couldn't score a one in one goal....

Please say something else

Are they not paying him millions of dollars to score goals

Scoring goals require concentration and skills- easy. Tap in goals require paying attention to be in right position which he is good at

I dey score for my local pitch easy.

I am not saying Ronaldo is not good but i agree he should not be in team of the competition thus far, maybe on the bench
Re: BBC Readers Pick Their Euros 2020 Team Of The Group Stage, No Ronaldo by opera1(m): 3:59pm On Jun 25, 2021
De Bruyne and Joshua Kimish are beat on the field
Re: BBC Readers Pick Their Euros 2020 Team Of The Group Stage, No Ronaldo by amstamon: 4:02pm On Jun 25, 2021
Renato sanches is doing better
Re: BBC Readers Pick Their Euros 2020 Team Of The Group Stage, No Ronaldo by demmy66: 4:02pm On Jun 25, 2021
oyeb15:
If Ronaldo happens to be a politician, he would steal all that belongs to others just for him to be glorified.

Football wasn't invented for award or records. It's primarily meant to ENTERTAIN

The entertainers are worshipped and remembered for ever while the record breakers are only remembered when their record is about to be broken.
a billon claps for you.. you just summarised people who understands the game well... football isn't just about scoring goals, and steal the glory and disregard the hardwork of others team members before you took the final end product which are the goals he scored.. what about the real midfielders who makes it happen... a very valid point you said up there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BBC Readers Pick Their Euros 2020 Team Of The Group Stage, No Ronaldo by barcaboi(m): 4:04pm On Jun 25, 2021
Otar:
I'll definitely put Switzerland's Sommer in goal rather than schmeichel. I think Kjaer was selected out of emotions for what he did for Eriksen cos Christensen, Lindelof and Kimpembe of France have all had more solid performances. Germany's leftback Gosens and Denmark's Maehle MUST be in my team, as well as Pogba and Hungary striker Sallai. Then the big elephant in the room: Ronaldo is top goalscorer with 5 from 3 games. YES he has to be in the team.

If you're planning an upcoming building project and don't have good designs yet or not satisfied with the ones you have, then contact me for professional and complete building designs and construction supervision at any location nationwide, all at decent costs. (I've handled building designs for over 100 projects plus construction) Chat/call 0816 1247 898 to begin today

I agree with all except Ronaldo. He’s scored most of it with penalty nothing extraordinary. But lovely take
Re: BBC Readers Pick Their Euros 2020 Team Of The Group Stage, No Ronaldo by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 25, 2021
Fosberg over isak
Re: BBC Readers Pick Their Euros 2020 Team Of The Group Stage, No Ronaldo by wunmi590(m): 4:09pm On Jun 25, 2021
blasterman:

Are they not paying him millions of dollars to score goals

Scoring goals require concentration and skills- easy. Tap in goals require paying attention to be in right position which he is good at

I dey score for my local pitch easy.

I am not saying Ronaldo is not good but i agree he should not be in team of the competition thus far, maybe on the bench

So when you know he was paid to score goals, why criticise him of scoring only penalty?

Do you know what penalty goals has done to some teams?

Lol, you dey score for your local pitch, howmany career goal you don get? cheesy
Re: BBC Readers Pick Their Euros 2020 Team Of The Group Stage, No Ronaldo by Kingcalls: 4:14pm On Jun 25, 2021
Josywhyte:

First of all,am male and men don't have menstrual period. Secondly,am a bonafide Chelsea fan(since 1999). You've only watched Portugal and Ronaldo in this tournament. Have u taken out time to watch other countries and their players? Am a staunch Ronaldo fan but his name shouldn't be on the list bro. There are players that have performed far better than him in the group stage that's why they were picked ahead of him,not about sentiment or personal diaplay. U think it's only about scoring goals that counts? No sir,else Lewandoski should have been there. Make your facts right before u start barking like a toothless dog.
It's people like you that don't know how to answer questions in class or during exams. That's why you repeated primary 5 three times.
Now,I think you need that phensic more than I do.

I sign out

Lewandowski ko... played against Spain Sweden and Slovakia which he cudnt score...using to compare someone that scored 5 goals in the group of death....mbappe wey de the same group no see one score ...only benzema and haverts scored 2 goals in that group
Re: BBC Readers Pick Their Euros 2020 Team Of The Group Stage, No Ronaldo by cletz991(m): 4:16pm On Jun 25, 2021
angryGet -@ of here
Cammo:

9 goals actually. The remaining 100 were penalty kicks.
Re: BBC Readers Pick Their Euros 2020 Team Of The Group Stage, No Ronaldo by Kingcalls: 4:17pm On Jun 25, 2021
wunmi590:

So when you know he was paid to score goals, why criticise him of scoring only penalty?

Do you know what penalty goals has done to some teams?

Lol, you dey score for your local pitch, howmany career goal you don get? cheesy

Penalty destroyed Roberto baggios career
Re: BBC Readers Pick Their Euros 2020 Team Of The Group Stage, No Ronaldo by wunmi590(m): 4:21pm On Jun 25, 2021
Kingcalls:

Penalty destroyed Roberto baggios career

Ronaldo is different from Roberto baggie....
Re: BBC Readers Pick Their Euros 2020 Team Of The Group Stage, No Ronaldo by Kingspin(m): 4:26pm On Jun 25, 2021
ValCon888:
Any list without Ronaldo is trash. A guy who is level on 109 goals the highest ever in international football.
A guy who made Coca-Cola lose $4 billion in a second.
The current highest goal scorer in the tournament.
The list is trash abeg.
He withdrawn Coke Cola from the table because he lacking basic understanding of how commerce work. Probably that arrogant caused him the Euro team of the group.
Ronaldo is a goalscorer not a best player.
Re: BBC Readers Pick Their Euros 2020 Team Of The Group Stage, No Ronaldo by Kingcalls: 4:26pm On Jun 25, 2021
Espn selected Ronaldo ahead of lukaku as the lone striker cos he scored 5 goals against tougher teams
Re: BBC Readers Pick Their Euros 2020 Team Of The Group Stage, No Ronaldo by NaijaDonCast(m): 4:27pm On Jun 25, 2021
ValCon888:
Any list without Ronaldo is trash. A guy who is level on 109 goals the highest ever in international football.
The list is trash abeg.
swears
Re: BBC Readers Pick Their Euros 2020 Team Of The Group Stage, No Ronaldo by Kingcalls: 4:28pm On Jun 25, 2021
Kingspin:
He withdrawn Coke Cola from the table because he lacking basic understanding of how commerce work. Probably that arrogant caused him the Euro team of the group.
Ronaldo is a goalscorer not a best player.

What is this one saying...Google wud hv saved u the embarrassment....he was selected in the Euro team of the group...
Re: BBC Readers Pick Their Euros 2020 Team Of The Group Stage, No Ronaldo by NaijaDonCast(m): 4:29pm On Jun 25, 2021
BuyAndSellStuff:
Just look at this rubbish list. Alioski, a wing back will play CB lol. Only one true defender in the squad, Kjaer and he is only there because of sentiments, he helped Eriksen. Spinazzola another wing back will play CB? grin
Locatelli, a bonafide CM will play wing back, does he even have the speed/stamina for such position??

Who dafuq is Klich?they're only good at spitting rubbish look at the way the their team were playing the most boring games at this finals
Who will break up play in midfield??
Isak a target man like Lukaku will come in from the left wing?? shocked
Na wa for English fans. grin grin cheesy

This is why no British manager has won anything in the past 10 years.

Brits are not known for their footballing knowledge. They are only good at talking. Even their so called legends are failing all over Europe but they know how to talk big on TV.

Re: BBC Readers Pick Their Euros 2020 Team Of The Group Stage, No Ronaldo by breathelove(f): 4:31pm On Jun 25, 2021
oyeb15:
If Ronaldo happens to be a politician, he would steal all that belongs to others just for him to be glorified.

Football wasn't invented for award or records. It's primarily meant to ENTERTAIN

The entertainers are worshipped and remembered for ever while the record breakers are only remembered when their record is about to be broken.
You mean Ronaldo has not done enough to be remembered forever?
This guy is the most recognized sports brand in the world. He is more popular than the club he plays for. If you believe no one remember's Ronaldo than I wouldn't even know how to start a conversation with you.
I am sure you don't like him very much but even you would never forget CR7

1 Like

Re: BBC Readers Pick Their Euros 2020 Team Of The Group Stage, No Ronaldo by NaijaDonCast(m): 4:32pm On Jun 25, 2021
madridsta007:

Seems you have been watching something else.
He is only contributing by scoring penalties.
Anyone can score penalities. He is not on the list and that is an objective decision.
you're biased he scored two open play goales and three pk and also one assist which of those strikers on the list got an assist?
Re: BBC Readers Pick Their Euros 2020 Team Of The Group Stage, No Ronaldo by hustla(m): 4:33pm On Jun 25, 2021
ogbiwa:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57547819

Pogba and Ronaldo should be here though
Re: BBC Readers Pick Their Euros 2020 Team Of The Group Stage, No Ronaldo by hustla(m): 4:34pm On Jun 25, 2021
ValCon888:
The list is trash abeg.

So you really believe that $4B crap

No wonder e easy to scam Nigerians with ponzi schemes, una too mumu
Re: BBC Readers Pick Their Euros 2020 Team Of The Group Stage, No Ronaldo by sst1(m): 4:34pm On Jun 25, 2021
Forget about your love for the guy
An individual can't do it alone
This is football we are talking about here not tennis
chrisxxx:
Sportsmen including FIFA and EURO and suffering Ronaldophobia. I was before but is is time to say the truth that Ronaldo is the greatest of our time. Messi is good but cant do it alone. Ronaldo does it alone and that is the difference.
Re: BBC Readers Pick Their Euros 2020 Team Of The Group Stage, No Ronaldo by breathelove(f): 4:35pm On Jun 25, 2021
Nbotee:

Some of U are jus funny emotional fanboys.. This is Euro 2020 not Euro 2000-2020..
5 goals and 1 assist. No emotions needed to declare him the best forward so far.
Even if he scores 5 more goals, some of us would find it hard to rate him as the best
Re: BBC Readers Pick Their Euros 2020 Team Of The Group Stage, No Ronaldo by Odinaka00(m): 4:35pm On Jun 25, 2021
BuyAndSellStuff:
Just look at this rubbish list. Alioski, a wing back will play CB lol. Only one true defender in the squad, Kjaer and he is only there because of sentiments, he helped Eriksen. Spinazzola another wing back will play CB? grin
Locatelli, a bonafide CM will play wing back, does he even have the speed/stamina for such position??

Who dafuq is Klich?
Who will break up play in midfield??
Isak a target man like Lukaku will come in from the left wing?? shocked
Na wa for English fans. grin grin cheesy

This is why no British manager has won anything in the past 10 years.

Brits are not known for their footballing knowledge. They are only good at talking. Even their so called legends are failing all over Europe but they know how to talk big on TV.

Lol bro these English people nor get football sense at all. That’s why Lampard flopped with the same players Tuchel won champions league with

1 Like

Re: BBC Readers Pick Their Euros 2020 Team Of The Group Stage, No Ronaldo by madridsta007(m): 4:41pm On Jun 25, 2021
NaijaDonCast:
you're biased he scored two open play goales and three pk and also one assist which of those strikers on the list got an assist?

Tap-ins.

He has not made the sort of contribution that should merit him in that list. Remove your emotional attachment to Ronaldo (very hard, I know but try) and you will see that the list is objective.
People on that list can score penalties and tap-ins.
His name will be on the final best eleven (depending on how far Portugal goes) but stop the fan-ship. Football is a serious sport.

1 Like

Re: BBC Readers Pick Their Euros 2020 Team Of The Group Stage, No Ronaldo by Odinaka00(m): 4:43pm On Jun 25, 2021
otino:
U are a great analyst, that guy Gosens is brilliant, involved in almost all the goals scored.

That Gosen Omg. That guy na machine
Re: BBC Readers Pick Their Euros 2020 Team Of The Group Stage, No Ronaldo by Josywhyte: 4:45pm On Jun 25, 2021
Kingcalls:

Lewandowski ko... played against Spain Sweden and Slovakia which he cudnt score...using to compare someone that scored 5 goals in the group of death....mbappe wey de the same group no see one score ...only benzema and haverts scored 2 goals in that group

So na because say Ronaldo score 5 goals make dem put him name for dia abi? OK. Put him name na as na u compile the list. Three of those goals were penalties mind you. Bros u just don't any justiable reason as to why his name should be there. No be the coca-cola stunt u suppose put for dia to buttress your point. Reason am bros

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Who Is The Greatest African Player Of All Time? Goal.com Question Sparks Debate / Pictures From Desire Oparanozie's Healthcare For Girls Event Yesterday / Paul Le Guen Is Super Eagles Coach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.