Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,135 members, 7,821,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Northern Coalition Sues NASS Over Const. Review, Demand Support For Biafra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Coalition Sues NASS Over Const. Review, Demand Support For Biafra (445 Views)

Gulak: We Can No Longer Coexist With Igbos In Nigeria – Northern Coalition / Crises Brew In NASS Over Tenure Of Clerk, Others / Tension In NASS Over Severance Allowance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northern Coalition Sues NASS Over Const. Review, Demand Support For Biafra by ISLAMBAD: 6:54am On Jun 25, 2021
The Coalition of Northern Group (CNG) has dragged the National Assembly to court, asking that the ongoing constitutional review across the country be stopped with immediate effect.

The suit was filed by the leadership of the group, Nastura Ashir Shariff, Balarabe Rufa’i l, Abdul-Aziz Sulaiman and Aminu Adam joined against the defendants: Attorney-General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami; Senate President, Ahmad Lawan; Speaker, House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila; and the National Assembly, Daily Trust reports.

File Photo: National Assembly
Addressing newsmen in Abuja, the coalition's spokesman, Abdul-Aziz Sulaiman, argued that instead of the ongoing constitutional review, the defendants should immediately provide a framework for the actualisation of agitators’ demand on self-determination.

The Coalition on June 11, had urged the National Assembly to suspend the constitution review to enable the Government to organise a referendum on the actualisation of a Biafra Republic.

It also urged the National Assembly to invoke the doctrine of necessity to organise a Biafra referendum as the final step towards the separation of the Igbo from the rest of Nigeria.

The group argued that the unrelenting disturbances created by certain interest groups in the South-East, in the form of the agitation for a separate State of Biafra, had turned violent.

It appealed to the government to invite the United Nations (UN), African Union (AU) and Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) to initiate the process of self-determination that will mandate the Biafrans out of the Nigerian union by leveraging the several relevant international treaties and conventions to which Nigeria is a signatory

http://saharareporters.com/2021/06/24/northern-coalition-sues-national-assembly-over-constitutional-review-demands-support

Lalasticlala
Lalasticlala
Re: Northern Coalition Sues NASS Over Const. Review, Demand Support For Biafra by Seniorwriter(m): 6:56am On Jun 25, 2021
Interesting
Re: Northern Coalition Sues NASS Over Const. Review, Demand Support For Biafra by Igbofirstfarmer: 7:02am On Jun 25, 2021
Taquiya

1 Like

Re: Northern Coalition Sues NASS Over Const. Review, Demand Support For Biafra by jlinkd78(m): 7:04am On Jun 25, 2021
Noted
Re: Northern Coalition Sues NASS Over Const. Review, Demand Support For Biafra by Monogamy: 7:06am On Jun 25, 2021
grin

Some people are just good in blokos pressing
Re: Northern Coalition Sues NASS Over Const. Review, Demand Support For Biafra by sinistermind(m): 7:08am On Jun 25, 2021
These people are after something. This is looking like a greek gift or something. Let's abolish to the current constitution, rewrite another that is fair to all regions of the country and see if all these agitations will not stop
Re: Northern Coalition Sues NASS Over Const. Review, Demand Support For Biafra by Jalinspy(f): 7:12am On Jun 25, 2021
Do hausa-fulani north think that as a Delta state man i will join them in their nigeria? Well, i wish them well in one rotten nigeria. My uncle died at the war front during the Biafran war, and many of my people massacred at Asaba by the nigerian troops. Long live to those who accept Biafra. I AM A BIAFRAN.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Coalition Sues NASS Over Const. Review, Demand Support For Biafra by BKayy: 7:17am On Jun 25, 2021
See these ones oh.

My dear Northern Coalition,
On behalf of the great Ndigbo, I wish to announce to you that "we ain't going no fụ́cking where" until we wake the indigenous Hausa people.
The wild fire of indigenous Nationalism that we are fanning must reach the Hausa people that you lanky desert people have subdued for centuries. Until they are awaken, we are going nowhere.
Yours Sincerely,
Igbo man

1 Like

Re: Northern Coalition Sues NASS Over Const. Review, Demand Support For Biafra by raker300: 7:20am On Jun 25, 2021
After making all this noise, they’ll go home and eat grass cos they’ve no priority

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northern Coalition Sues NASS Over Const. Review, Demand Support For Biafra by end1999constitu(m): 7:25am On Jun 25, 2021
Monogamy:
grin

Some people are just good in blokos pressing

.....that's what I was even doing as I stumbled upon your comment grin

.....as if you saw me and was referring to me

grin
Re: Northern Coalition Sues NASS Over Const. Review, Demand Support For Biafra by FakeUnity: 7:25am On Jun 25, 2021
Good one, if they are sincere and not trying to distract us.

A referendum should be conducted like was done for the Scottish in Britain.

Equity and justice..
Re: Northern Coalition Sues NASS Over Const. Review, Demand Support For Biafra by Isobug: 7:29am On Jun 25, 2021
We know your antics
Re: Northern Coalition Sues NASS Over Const. Review, Demand Support For Biafra by ddigeo(m): 7:29am On Jun 25, 2021
interesting
Re: Northern Coalition Sues NASS Over Const. Review, Demand Support For Biafra by Tinubuadvocate: 7:30am On Jun 25, 2021
They are not looking for anything than to grant igbo freedom i think they are also tired of living in one country with igbo .
sinistermind:
These people are after something. This is looking like a greek gift or something. Let's abolish to the current constitution, rewrite another that is fair to all regions of the country and see if all these agitations will not stop
Re: Northern Coalition Sues NASS Over Const. Review, Demand Support For Biafra by Warripikine: 7:30am On Jun 25, 2021
Nice
Re: Northern Coalition Sues NASS Over Const. Review, Demand Support For Biafra by velocity25(m): 7:37am On Jun 25, 2021
We Move
Re: Northern Coalition Sues NASS Over Const. Review, Demand Support For Biafra by nthony10: 7:47am On Jun 25, 2021
They are trying so hard to hijack the Biafra movement
Re: Northern Coalition Sues NASS Over Const. Review, Demand Support For Biafra by AntiBMC(m): 7:53am On Jun 25, 2021
I don't know what agenda they have. If this is another taqiyya, e no go end well for them.

We need d referendum if it's genuine, and we need all members of our old eastern region to be given a fair opportunity to choose if they are going with biafra or not.

(1) (Reply)

Declare Miyetti Allah Domestic Terrorists And Immediately Arrest Kautal Hore / Nnamdi Kanu's Case Must Be Handed Over To The Military Authorities / We Don't Have Ammunitions To Fight Boko Haram - Nigerian MOPOL Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.