Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,125 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Southerners Provoking North To Spark Crisis — Arewa Consultative Forum - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southerners Provoking North To Spark Crisis — Arewa Consultative Forum (20497 Views)

Why North Doesn't Want Nigeria To Break Up — Arewa Consultative Forum / Isa Pantami: Arewa Consultative Council Issues Statements (photos) / Amotekun Will Affect Nigeria's Unity - Arewa Consultative Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Southerners Provoking North To Spark Crisis — Arewa Consultative Forum by FLYFIRE(m): 6:47pm On Jun 25, 2021
festacman:

Point of correction. I didn't support the North against my own people. No, I supported APC and Buhari's candidacy against PDP, which was becoming an albatross on Nigeria. My agitation against the status quo and unnecessary shenanigans by the North is because it will NEVER lead to prosperous Nigeria. Restructuring will help. I am not a lover of secession for secession sake. Any attempt at secession without a roadmap and without carring the critical stakeholders along will end up being worse than status quo Nigeria.

This love for one Nigeria did not die in people`s hearts today. It DIED MANY YEARS AGO since the `agitation against the status quo and unnecessary shenanigans by the North & the refusal for restructuring` to lead to a prosperous Nigeria WAS SEEN AS AGAINTS THE NORTH INTEREST. So you are saying the same thing that pushed people into quest for secession EXCEPT THAT YOU REALIZED IT TOO LATE.

1 Like

Re: Southerners Provoking North To Spark Crisis — Arewa Consultative Forum by seunayantokun(m): 6:51pm On Jun 25, 2021
When farmers fails to arrest those stealing from their farms in time, the thieves instead turn around to arrest them.
Re: Southerners Provoking North To Spark Crisis — Arewa Consultative Forum by Codes151(m): 6:58pm On Jun 25, 2021
Close your smelling Mouth
Re: Southerners Provoking North To Spark Crisis — Arewa Consultative Forum by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jun 25, 2021
Karmaisme:

Do some research.

I'll pass.
Re: Southerners Provoking North To Spark Crisis — Arewa Consultative Forum by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jun 25, 2021
We are starting with their brothers and sisters in the north. Is it not an eye for an eye? Anything done to northerners in the south we will reciprocate let’s see who will go blind first.

Today’s north is not north of before. The youth are ready to take it wherever anybody wants to go. We are not the ones that hate our villages so we rush to foreign lands. We will deal with the ones we see, let them try our brothers the idiocy and disrespect is enough
Re: Southerners Provoking North To Spark Crisis — Arewa Consultative Forum by BrazilAirport: 7:45pm On Jun 25, 2021
Everyone is on the edge
Re: Southerners Provoking North To Spark Crisis — Arewa Consultative Forum by awajis78: 8:16pm On Jun 25, 2021
Tunder fired them there
Re: Southerners Provoking North To Spark Crisis — Arewa Consultative Forum by officialfoodie: 8:33pm On Jun 25, 2021
Splitmind:
If only those bloody southerners didn't fight the Fulani peacefully grazing on their farms this would not have happened.

Southern greed wants to ruin Nigeria.

Peacefully grazing on other people's farms? Farms the farmers sweat to plough and plant? Farms that they may have taken huge loans to set up? It will never be well with you. Y'all are very silly
Re: Southerners Provoking North To Spark Crisis — Arewa Consultative Forum by officialfoodie: 8:54pm On Jun 25, 2021
festacman:

Point of correction. I didn't support the North against my own people. No, I supported APC and Buhari's candidacy against PDP, which was becoming an albatross on Nigeria. My agitation against the status quo and unnecessary shenanigans by the North is because it will NEVER lead to prosperous Nigeria. Restructuring will help. I am not a lover of secession for secession sake. Any attempt at secession without a roadmap and without carring the critical stakeholders along will end up being worse than status quo Nigeria.

Supported someone who never had a track record of successful leadership...�����
Re: Southerners Provoking North To Spark Crisis — Arewa Consultative Forum by Karmaisme(m): 9:03pm On Jun 25, 2021
TripleOh7:

I'll pass.

[Refrain: Damian Marley]
Tribal war, we nah want no more a dat
Every man deserve to earn
And every child deserve to learn, now
Tribal war, a nuh dat we a defend
Every man deserve a turn like a flame deserve to burn
Each and every man deserve to earn
And every child deserve to learn
Every man deserve a turn, like Babylon deserve to burn

[Verse 1: Nas]
Man what happened to us?
Geographically they moved us from Africa
We was once happiness-pursuers
Now we back stabbing, combative and abusive
The African and Arab go at it they most Muslim
Used to be moving in unison, disputes would end
Bounty hunters and grape street get cool again
Sub-standard housing, got the young running rampant
Wilding, for a Phantom he can style in
Mask on his face, grabbing his Ruger
Saying nobody move or I'll shoot you
Man you're expiring, catch 25 and he does it like a man
He sides with black, white pride and Mexican
Survive the best he can, strap a shank to his thigh
Why do we all collide? Why do the young die?
Extortion, murder and burglary, tattoos his chest
Says his enemies don't deserve to breathe
Re: Southerners Provoking North To Spark Crisis — Arewa Consultative Forum by Karmaisme(m): 9:05pm On Jun 25, 2021
TripleOh7:

I'll pass.

Refrain: Damian Marley]
Every man deserve a turn

[Verse 2: K'Naan]
I drink poison then I vomit diamonds
I gave you Mandela, black Dalai Lamas
I gave you music, you enthused in my kindness
So how dare you reduce me to Donny Imus
Timeless in case we never been acquainted
Flyness who made it, it gets duplicated
Mindless violence, well let me try to paint it
Here's the 5 steps in hopes to explain it
ONE: It's me and my nation against the world
TWO: Then me and my clan against the nation
THREE: Then me and my fam' against the clan
FOUR: Then me and my brother we no hesitation, uh
Go against the fam' until they cave in
FIVE: Now who's left in this deadly equation?
That's right, it's me against my brother
Then we point a Kalashnikov and kill one another
Re: Southerners Provoking North To Spark Crisis — Arewa Consultative Forum by Karmaisme(m): 9:07pm On Jun 25, 2021
TripleOh7:

I'll pass.

Refrain: Damian Marley]
Every man deserve a turn

[Verse 3: Damian Marley]
Man a war tribal over colors
Over money, over land, and over oil, and over god
And over idols, and even lovers
Over breakfast, over dinner, over suppers
Over jungle, over rema, over buckers
Over Brooklyn, over Queens, and over Rutgers
Over red, and over blue, and over chuckers
Over red and over blue and under covers
Tribal trouble, the drive-bys double
Cause the youth dem nah go war and go fight with knuckle
The two sides scuffle
Vietnam nah go a war with no more kung fu nun chuckle
Missile and shuttle
And the Queen of England and Uncle Sam
Dem a flex dem muscle
The tribal hustle, blood diamond puddle, survival struggle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southerners Provoking North To Spark Crisis — Arewa Consultative Forum by Karmaisme(m): 9:12pm On Jun 25, 2021
TripleOh7:

I'll pass.

When you read through the lyrics, you'll understand that tribal war is unending, no matter the side you find yourself.
Re: Southerners Provoking North To Spark Crisis — Arewa Consultative Forum by Dspsalvate: 9:33pm On Jun 25, 2021
The challenges that we have even before independent are still staring us on the face today after 60 years of that which we read above, and we're told that we'll overcome these challenges. it's not that I'm doubting you, but......
Re: Southerners Provoking North To Spark Crisis — Arewa Consultative Forum by festacman(m): 9:41pm On Jun 25, 2021
officialfoodie:

Supported someone who never had a track record of successful leadership...�����

It was my personal decision. It doesn't have to rhyme with yours.
Re: Southerners Provoking North To Spark Crisis — Arewa Consultative Forum by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jun 25, 2021
Karmaisme:

When you read through the lyrics, you'll understand that tribal war is unending, no matter the side you find yourself.

Now, that wasn't so hard, was it?

Secession doesn't necessarily mean war.

We only need to be sensible about it and we're all good.
Re: Southerners Provoking North To Spark Crisis — Arewa Consultative Forum by Chinemeremjosh0(m): 10:47pm On Jun 25, 2021
More eating of grass to those born to rule slowpoke

Re: Southerners Provoking North To Spark Crisis — Arewa Consultative Forum by Nobody: 12:09am On Jun 26, 2021
festacman:

You sounded too angered by my write-up but that doesn't change anything. I stand by my opinion.

Now to the realities of today's Nigeria, which you are wishing away. Who would ever thought that SW will one day agitate for Oduduwa nation. Listen, most emerging nations are birthed in the consciousness first and it endures and then keep popping up until certain issues are addressed or something gives. As at today, SS particularly the Ijaws are wooed with immense determining power being bestowed upon them by tricky North but for how long, if the application of EQUITY is still relegated for political numbers.

The reality of today's Nigeria is that federating units are no more going to be pawns of divide and rule by the North but active partners in Nigeria project. Restructuring will go a long way but certainly this status quo you see today will NOT stand the test of more years. Take it or leave it.

I dnt see Odua agitation as a struggle that is born out of patriotism but a way to plant division & extreme bigotry among Yorubas; there are lots of hidden deals in that movement which I won't disclose here for some reasons, that's why people must ponder well before joining such campaign.
What those commentators don't tell u abt the true state of the nation is, which special status quo North is receiving under this system, are all class of citizens content with the national structure or just few, why ethnicising the whole region or tribe for the sins of few, why the accusers overlook their difficulties and waste their energies on others?
North & West suffered worst Marginalisation under GEJ administration, I've all facts of the alleged juicy positions which were appointed by GEJ, they're from the same tribe and religion but instead of the north and west to agitate that simple political benefit he gave his people, we took political move and seized the power through legitimate and acceptable way. Tell me a state or group of people who enjoy govt in Nigeria if not elites, in all those states agitating for whatever cause, they need to check their state's performance, they need to know that they've worst leaders than their neighbours. North have never used the so called divide and rule on south but the inferiority complex of some southerners make them look like slaves by shamelessly accepting that they're used before.
In politics all zones need alliance and that alliance doesn't in anyway reflect divide and rule but a political strategy of winning votes.
Re: Southerners Provoking North To Spark Crisis — Arewa Consultative Forum by LLMG: 10:52am On Jun 28, 2021
you can dig your oil wells in your desert, since you are far from peaceful living and co existence.
Almaigaa:

Trash talk. How are you supposed to achieve that, where do you want us to keep our OIL WELLS? cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: Southerners Provoking North To Spark Crisis — Arewa Consultative Forum by Almaigaa: 1:09pm On Jun 28, 2021
LLMG:
you can dig your oil wells in your desert, since you are far from peaceful living and co existence.

The North own over 90% of the Oil Wells in three South South. grin grin

Re: Southerners Provoking North To Spark Crisis — Arewa Consultative Forum by lastempero: 1:40pm On Jun 28, 2021
They are stucked with banditry and terrorism in their backyard.
Re: Southerners Provoking North To Spark Crisis — Arewa Consultative Forum by LLMG: 5:34pm On Jun 28, 2021
they are tenants and their tenancy is gradually coming to an end, The landlords are taking over anytime soon.
Almaigaa:

The North own over 90% of the Oil Wells in three South South. grin grin
Re: Southerners Provoking North To Spark Crisis — Arewa Consultative Forum by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:39pm On Jun 29, 2021
Speaktruth88:
We are starting with their brothers and sisters in the north. Is it not an eye for an eye? Anything done to northerners in the south we will reciprocate let’s see who will go blind first.

Today’s north is not north of before. The youth are ready to take it wherever anybody wants to go. We are not the ones that hate our villages so we rush to foreign lands. We will deal with the ones we see, let them try our brothers the idiocy and disrespect is enough
U see your life?

Who are the people disturbing the peace of naija? North.

The most number of premeditated unprovoked bloodiest barbaric riots (mini war/jihad/genocide always resulting in the destruction of life and properties/businesses) in the history of naija ? North

U guys should continue to chorus "na we get Nijeriya" and keep dragging us backward to stone age if that will make u happy.
Re: Southerners Provoking North To Spark Crisis — Arewa Consultative Forum by Idiko1: 12:11am On Jun 30, 2021
Northern region of Nigeria is a hopeless and waste acreage without the southern Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obasanjo: Buhari Was A Reckless Spender / Bithday Greetings: Tinubu To Appologise To Newspappers For Revenue Loss / Chibok Girls: FG Rejects BBOG Conditions For Joining Search

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.