Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,125 members, 7,821,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Xiaomi Smartphone Owners Are Complaining About Touch Screen Response Issue - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Smartphone Owners Are Complaining About Touch Screen Response Issue (2910 Views)

5 Must Have Accessories For Smartphone Owners / Is This The Most Underrated Xiaomi Smartphone? / Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Smartphone: The First Ever Xiaomi Smartphone With Five Camera (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xiaomi Smartphone Owners Are Complaining About Touch Screen Response Issue by Sainthia: 3:13pm On Jun 25, 2021
Some of the new devices from Xiaomi are reportedly suffering from touch response issues and the reason behind this issue is not yet clear. Also, the issue isn’t limited to just one device but several devices seem to be having the problem.

A thread on Reddit, which is around two months ago, talks about the following devices facing similar touch screen response problem:

Xiaomi Mi 11
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite
Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Redmi Note 9S
We haven’t independently confirmed issues with these devices listed above but reports indicate that the phones are facing issues fairly recently, that too on a small number of devices running the company’s own MIUI, which is likely the culprit.

Some users have tried to factory reset their smartphone but that has also not fixed the problem. However, rebooting the device seems to be fixing the problem temporarily but crops up again pretty quickly.

Xiaomi has confirmed that the brand is aware of the touch screen response issue on some of the devices and the company has also added that an update with the fix for various devices will be rolled out soon.

Currently, there is no indication about how widespread this issue is as there were very few mentions of touch sensitivity problems online. Nonetheless, the company has acknowledged the issue and has promised to solve it soon.

Source : https://www.gizmochina.com/2021/06/24/xiaomi-smartphone-touch-screen-response-issue/

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Smartphone Owners Are Complaining About Touch Screen Response Issue by AREWAELENU: 3:21pm On Jun 25, 2021
chai all these shits are not even affordable to get like dat...

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Smartphone Owners Are Complaining About Touch Screen Response Issue by PaulucheBusines: 3:22pm On Jun 25, 2021
Wow ...what will be the use after buying a phone at high price and the screen touch will be misbehaving.

That is why I will always stick to my brand.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Smartphone Owners Are Complaining About Touch Screen Response Issue by Cheezzyy: 3:23pm On Jun 25, 2021
So xiaomi users dey go through this kain thing but they come here and make noise... Lwkmd

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Smartphone Owners Are Complaining About Touch Screen Response Issue by iseoluwanimi: 3:24pm On Jun 25, 2021
falling dragons
Re: Xiaomi Smartphone Owners Are Complaining About Touch Screen Response Issue by Sunkanmiwise(m): 3:27pm On Jun 25, 2021
This is what baba FELA calls "Suffering and Smiling", and some buffoons will come here and be making noise as if their products are made in heaven.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Smartphone Owners Are Complaining About Touch Screen Response Issue by joungblood(m): 3:28pm On Jun 25, 2021
Not only that too, I'm using mi 10t pro.. And since I did an update on the firmware it's been crazy... Galary is now messed up, dual apps folder don't appear on the file manager anymore.. Meaning if u have files on dual app, pictures or videos or whatever file, you can't find it on the phone, that is crazy, second space is showing all contacts and names of contacts from the first space.. It's just annoying now n I'm regretting y I updated in the first place.. And many more

Sainthia:
Some of the new devices from Xiaomi are reportedly suffering from touch response issues and the reason behind this issue is not yet clear. Also, the issue isn’t limited to just one device but several devices seem to be having the problem.

A thread on Reddit, which is around two months ago, talks about the following devices facing similar touch screen response problem:

Xiaomi Mi 11
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite
Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Redmi Note 9S
We haven’t independently confirmed issues with these devices listed above but reports indicate that the phones are facing issues fairly recently, that too on a small number of devices running the company’s own MIUI, which is likely the culprit.

Some users have tried to factory reset their smartphone but that has also not fixed the problem. However, rebooting the device seems to be fixing the problem temporarily but crops up again pretty quickly.

Xiaomi has confirmed that the brand is aware of the touch screen response issue on some of the devices and the company has also added that an update with the fix for various devices will be rolled out soon.

Currently, there is no indication about how widespread this issue is as there were very few mentions of touch sensitivity problems online. Nonetheless, the company has acknowledged the issue and has promised to solve it soon.

Source : https://www.gizmochina.com/2021/06/24/xiaomi-smartphone-touch-screen-response-issue/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Smartphone Owners Are Complaining About Touch Screen Response Issue by Youngpo413: 3:31pm On Jun 25, 2021
PaulucheBusines:
Wow ...what will be the use after buying a phone at high price and the screen touch will be misbehaving.

Your brand is apple right?
Re: Xiaomi Smartphone Owners Are Complaining About Touch Screen Response Issue by Kayconcept2(m): 3:35pm On Jun 25, 2021
So they couldn't perfect the update before releasing it to millions of users.

Seems they are using the "Update" and millions of users of their products as EXPERIMENT to actually get it right, that's no too good at all.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Smartphone Owners Are Complaining About Touch Screen Response Issue by Darkseid(m): 3:37pm On Jun 25, 2021
Youngpo413:
Your brand is apple right?
You wish, check their posts and you'll find out that they're Tecno marketers. No sane person takes them seriously these days.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Smartphone Owners Are Complaining About Touch Screen Response Issue by Youngpo413: 3:41pm On Jun 25, 2021
Darkseid:
You wish, check their posts and you'll find out that they're Tecno marketers. No sane person takes them seriously these days.
Lol
Re: Xiaomi Smartphone Owners Are Complaining About Touch Screen Response Issue by NOC1(m): 3:52pm On Jun 25, 2021
Is either Samsung or iPhone.

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Smartphone Owners Are Complaining About Touch Screen Response Issue by tosaino95(m): 5:15pm On Jun 25, 2021
even my old redmi 7a with crack touchpad doesn't give me any problem or touch problems.

i don't believe this nonsense undecided

4 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Smartphone Owners Are Complaining About Touch Screen Response Issue by phinter: 5:35pm On Jun 25, 2021
Even my Red MI 9C is doing the same thing. I took it to the service center near cash and carry at computer village since it's still under warranty. I was told it would be ready in 5 working days. I was so disappointed because my phone was flashed without my permission without being told it would be and I lost ample information on it. They said they changed the panel. And so had to wipe everything.
Secondly, the screen has started doing the same thing again. I can't wait to sell this phone. I'm so disappointed. Never had this issue with the earlier Red MI 4 series.
Re: Xiaomi Smartphone Owners Are Complaining About Touch Screen Response Issue by AREWAELENU: 6:03pm On Jun 25, 2021
ur encephalon is not set angry i bought this because of people like u... marketer or no marketer what they are complaining about here is true ... we no fit talk ontop our money again?

you wey dey talk Nah spectator you be? they should just admit the shit they sold for us is not worth it at all and its even expensive...

i cant even play games while charging the phone now, it gets hot easily, and recently m seeing people complaining about their note 10 pro getting explode while playing games on it... it's not fair and this is Nigeria where we all know we no dey get light like that

make i just dey watch... i won't say wats on my mind today

now what's the difference between the Tecno they called trash for me then, had i know then ought to have ignored everything here and risk to get it... shebi i will have peace of mind that i can play game while charging and am not going to be scared of a phone getting explode now

no problem

Darkseid:

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Smartphone Owners Are Complaining About Touch Screen Response Issue by AREWAELENU: 6:04pm On Jun 25, 2021
just imagine! have learnt my lessons tho
phinter:
Even my Red MI 9C is doing the same thing. I took it to the service center near cash and carry at computer village since it's still under warranty. I was told it would be ready in 5 working days. I was so disappointed because my phone was flashed without my permission without being told it would be and I lost ample information on it. They said they changed the panel. And so had to wipe everything.
Secondly, the screen has started doing the same thing again. I can't wait to sell this phone. I'm so disappointed. Never had this issue with the earlier Red MI 4 series.
Re: Xiaomi Smartphone Owners Are Complaining About Touch Screen Response Issue by Randerl: 6:11pm On Jun 25, 2021
Xiaomi Doesn't Abandon Product Users, and Will NEVER Throw Them Under The Bus Especially When It Comes To Operating System Updates.

3 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Smartphone Owners Are Complaining About Touch Screen Response Issue by talktalk4u: 8:47pm On Jun 25, 2021
xiaomi has started using cheap material in there device ....the power of corona
Re: Xiaomi Smartphone Owners Are Complaining About Touch Screen Response Issue by talktalk4u: 8:49pm On Jun 25, 2021
phinter:
lol.... xiaomi oooooo substandard materials
Re: Xiaomi Smartphone Owners Are Complaining About Touch Screen Response Issue by Yourfav: 9:47pm On Jun 25, 2021
No wonder they always sell their phone after few weeks of purchase
Re: Xiaomi Smartphone Owners Are Complaining About Touch Screen Response Issue by Ammaizingemmy: 7:29am On Jun 26, 2021
Fallen heroes, fallen dragons.

You see to it..... Carry the phone matter for head not knowing you are carrying wahala. Now you no fit drop the load.

Abeg where sunshineV dey.. oooo
Re: Xiaomi Smartphone Owners Are Complaining About Touch Screen Response Issue by ayafcom: 7:37am On Jun 26, 2021
tosaino95:
even my old redmi 7a with crack touchpad doesn't give me any problem or touch problems.

i don't believe this nonsense undecided

Aunty abi na Uncle you be... You still dey talk after the secret has been exposed.

See as the thread silent, shame don hold them

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Smartphone Owners Are Complaining About Touch Screen Response Issue by tosaino95(m): 9:51am On Jun 26, 2021
ayafcom:

Aunty abi na Uncle you be... You still dey talk after the secret has been exposed.

See as the thread silent, shame don hold them
What secret had exposed undecided

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Smartphone Owners Are Complaining About Touch Screen Response Issue by hoilakes(m): 3:12pm On Jun 26, 2021
this one is angry o... i feel ur pain sad sad
AREWAELENU:
ur encephalon is not set angry i bought this because of people like u... marketer or no marketer what they are complaining about here is true ... we no fit talk ontop our money again?

you wey dey talk Nah spectator you be? they should just admit the shit they sold for us is not worth it at all and its even expensive...

i cant even play games while charging the phone now, it gets hot easily, and recently m seeing people complaining about their note 10 pro getting explode while playing games on it... it's not fair and this is Nigeria where we all know we no dey get light like that

make i just dey watch... i won't say wats on my mind today

now what's the difference between the Tecno they called trash for me then, had i know then ought to have ignored everything here and risk to get it... shebi i will have peace of mind that i can play game while charging and am not going to be scared of a phone getting explode now

no problem

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Smartphone Owners Are Complaining About Touch Screen Response Issue by seanwilliam(m): 3:33pm On Jun 26, 2021
Lol Xiaomi marketers will never admit they’re wrong this time . Watch how they will bombard the thread lol

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Smartphone Owners Are Complaining About Touch Screen Response Issue by Ajilenu: 3:43pm On Jun 26, 2021
Just watch how Xiaomi marketers will come and attack you now
Re: Xiaomi Smartphone Owners Are Complaining About Touch Screen Response Issue by Ajilenu: 3:44pm On Jun 26, 2021
PaulucheBusines:

which one is that?
Re: Xiaomi Smartphone Owners Are Complaining About Touch Screen Response Issue by Ajilenu: 3:45pm On Jun 26, 2021
seanwilliam:
Lol Xiaomi marketers will never admit they’re wrong this time . Watch how they will bombard the thread lol
im telling you o
Re: Xiaomi Smartphone Owners Are Complaining About Touch Screen Response Issue by Ajilenu: 3:49pm On Jun 26, 2021
Cheezzyy:
So xiaomi users dey go through this kain thing but they come here and make noise... Lwkmd
but you won't see them say pim
Re: Xiaomi Smartphone Owners Are Complaining About Touch Screen Response Issue by Wanni25(f): 3:55pm On Jun 26, 2021
I heard and saw a picture f some guy whose Redmi device exploded!

Was a terrible sight to behold.

Thank God he was unharmed!

But reasons why people should do the maths before buying just any brand!

phinter:
Re: Xiaomi Smartphone Owners Are Complaining About Touch Screen Response Issue by paltielx: 4:14pm On Jun 26, 2021
Nawao all this rush rush companies competing with apple, Samsung, Nokia etc
Re: Xiaomi Smartphone Owners Are Complaining About Touch Screen Response Issue by Randerl: 4:21pm On Jun 26, 2021
GSM.Arena Ranking Yesterday

Comment section of product no 1 reads like NL Phone Section with outright naija slangs,

Marketers una weldone.

Xiaomi doesn't pay for clicks for GSMA ranking.

Xiaomi product users do that.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Recover My 34 Bitcoin Today / What Does The "S" In Iphone And Samsung Stand For? / I Have 55k Budget To By Phone. Help Me To Chose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.