Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,420 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

How Do I Handle A Bossy Demoted Colleague - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do I Handle A Bossy Demoted Colleague (18978 Views)

Police Officer Demoted For Assaulting Medical Doctor In Akwa Ibom / 8 Police Officers Sacked, 6 Demoted By Lagos Police Command / Robot Demoted And Fired At A Supermarket In UK After A Week Of Incompetence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Handle A Bossy Demoted Colleague by konfusedgee(m): 7:27pm On Jun 25, 2021
There is a guy in an organization of which I work for, he holds a higher position and as such he is the bossy type who love to feel like an important person,,

My organization needed to purchase some new cars and he was the one in charge of the planning and purchase, after the cars were bought it was discovered that he requested for kickbacks from the vendor,

he was almost sacked but instead was recently demoted to my office on the same position, Due to some key responsibilities I have in the office I'm in charge of some activities,,,
Here is the problem, he isolates himself,, still behaves like he's a superior, acts bossy and doesn't want to associate with other colleagues or in discharging his duties.

How do I handle such a person?? How do I approach the situation accordingly,,, make I clear the guy put am for him place or I should just be complacent? Guys help out

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Do I Handle A Bossy Demoted Colleague by Nwodosis(m): 7:28pm On Jun 25, 2021
Why is it bothering only you? If you are actually handling some key responsibilities, you won't be noticing him. You can't deny not to have gossiped about him.

106 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Handle A Bossy Demoted Colleague by konfusedgee(m): 7:32pm On Jun 25, 2021
Like I said I'm in charge of some key responsibilities in the office,

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Handle A Bossy Demoted Colleague by 3verblazing(m): 7:51pm On Jun 25, 2021
If she no disturb ur work ... look away nw ... abi how is doing ur duties related to her doing her own...

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle A Bossy Demoted Colleague by slawormiir: 8:57pm On Jun 25, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright
Check whether the guy sabi booze or kpoli
If yes....then invite am make una booze together small...from there begin align with am
If na weekend...make una dey one side....probably book hotel...arrange one or two slim beautiful runs babe make them bang the guy till day break....before you know it....the guy go dey reason well with you and una go dey do things together
3verblazing:
If she no disturb ur work ... look away nw ... abi how is the doing ur duties related to her doing her own...

Ogbeni make una dey read

77 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Do I Handle A Bossy Demoted Colleague by BrainSanitizer: 8:57pm On Jun 25, 2021
A sinking man is the most dangerous man to mess with.
He won't mind dragging you down with himself. So be careful.
Assign duties to him.
Let him know that he'll need to cooperate with you to make things work.
Take your mind off revenge and intimidation and focus on getting results.
Try to empathize with him and help him navigate through his hard time. You never know what tomorrow holds.

274 Likes 13 Shares

Re: How Do I Handle A Bossy Demoted Colleague by GRACEGLORY: 8:58pm On Jun 25, 2021
That’s encountering a Micromanagement person. I guess.
They become overly involved in the work of co-employees/employees, they mess up independent decision-making, and are all over your face for frequent updates. Most times, micromanagement is as a result of insecurities

Sometimes, it’s an underlying personality trait which is common in Cholerics, this isn’t to make Cholerics uncomfortable, but it is what it is, other temperament has their issues too. And sometimes it stems from background.
Dealing with bossy people be frustrating, but if you have or develop the right mindset and attitude you can deal with them effectively.

Here’s how to deal with such individuals:
Don't take it personal.
Learn to Just ignore them by wisdom. And
Set healthy boundaries.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Handle A Bossy Demoted Colleague by adegoke4sure: 8:59pm On Jun 25, 2021
Tsii
Re: How Do I Handle A Bossy Demoted Colleague by Blackbug: 8:59pm On Jun 25, 2021
Do your job steadfastly, if he continues to sulk or act bossy or never discharges his duty,write him up. He needs sack

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle A Bossy Demoted Colleague by paddyDIGITAL(m): 8:59pm On Jun 25, 2021
Be good at your job, and let your work speak for you.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle A Bossy Demoted Colleague by Swaylore: 8:59pm On Jun 25, 2021
Hmmm
Re: How Do I Handle A Bossy Demoted Colleague by nairanaira12: 8:59pm On Jun 25, 2021
konfusedgee:
Like I said I'm in charge of some key responsibilities in the office,

Report him to the authority. It is that simple.

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle A Bossy Demoted Colleague by shamsin6300(m): 9:00pm On Jun 25, 2021
Speechless
Re: How Do I Handle A Bossy Demoted Colleague by Latidoh1: 9:00pm On Jun 25, 2021
Handle it like a man. Dialogue! No go dey hawk beef for office o

10 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle A Bossy Demoted Colleague by Nkemtreasure: 9:00pm On Jun 25, 2021
Just sideline the guy. He will look for you friendship

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Handle A Bossy Demoted Colleague by diplomat058(m): 9:00pm On Jun 25, 2021
Just let him be. He has already seen enough. I believe he is still in self-denial stage. With time, he will come to terms with his new reality grin

40 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle A Bossy Demoted Colleague by DrBrainstorm(m): 9:00pm On Jun 25, 2021
OP relax, take am slow. Na just hangover grin grin

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle A Bossy Demoted Colleague by Mayniaa: 9:00pm On Jun 25, 2021
give him some time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Handle A Bossy Demoted Colleague by Born2winnx: 9:00pm On Jun 25, 2021
Is he the boss on that department or your the boss?

Your explanation isn't clear....if you are the head of thet department....no issue... put him in his place and he's below you.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle A Bossy Demoted Colleague by saheedbadmus(m): 9:00pm On Jun 25, 2021
Guy let him be if he ain't disturbing u...but if he ain't doing his duties ...talk to him or call on ur superiors and inform dem

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle A Bossy Demoted Colleague by Niom(m): 9:00pm On Jun 25, 2021
This shouldnt give you the slightest headache na.....
Except you dont have other important things to do at the office, else you need not worry yourself over that boy.....

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle A Bossy Demoted Colleague by mujibson(m): 9:00pm On Jun 25, 2021
Sounds like you've been looking for a way to treat the guy's Bleep up before..... Tor, your time don come, use it as you like but remember that " breakfast is not for one person, na everybody go chop am"

17 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle A Bossy Demoted Colleague by espn(m): 9:01pm On Jun 25, 2021
You are feeling bossy...like you felt he is feeling bossy too...Oga face front and mind your business...Nobody holy pass padi...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Handle A Bossy Demoted Colleague by talk2hb1(m): 9:01pm On Jun 25, 2021
Nothing
Re: How Do I Handle A Bossy Demoted Colleague by Crowwejihadist: 9:01pm On Jun 25, 2021
Blackbug:
Do your job steadfastly, if he continues to sulk or act bossy or never discharges his duty,write him up. He needs sack

You need serious beating

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle A Bossy Demoted Colleague by frenzzy2(m): 9:01pm On Jun 25, 2021
Report him to HR if he refuse to obey you
Re: How Do I Handle A Bossy Demoted Colleague by Deffjam: 9:01pm On Jun 25, 2021
Did you know how demotion feels.......let him be jare.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle A Bossy Demoted Colleague by Plut01: 9:02pm On Jun 25, 2021
Nkemtreasure:
Just sideline the guy. He will look for you friendship

This....

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle A Bossy Demoted Colleague by Renforce: 9:02pm On Jun 25, 2021
He's already sinking my friend. As much as you can never be the guy that'd have to place the last nail on his head. Let somebody else do that dirty job.

It's a very wicked world we live in. Unless he crosses you just try to stay on your lane

9 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle A Bossy Demoted Colleague by Kobicove(m): 9:02pm On Jun 25, 2021
Any employee who steals in my company will get fired immediately!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle A Bossy Demoted Colleague by aviationguy: 9:02pm On Jun 25, 2021
Ignore him and his attitude what is important to you is his job functions.if he fails to do it after several discussion with him or someone close to him to caution his actions.
You can report him to manager in charge of your office.
Don't create unnecessary enemity or get disturbed with irrelevant things please, ��� focus on the job and your next promotion.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I / Dismissed Staff Were Adequately Compensated – Heritage Bank / Medical Doctors In Residency Programmes In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.