Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,134 members, 7,821,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Who Were Those Anointed Christians Jesus Told To Depart From Him On That Day? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Were Those Anointed Christians Jesus Told To Depart From Him On That Day? (1076 Views)

Jesus Told His Disciples To Take A Donkey And Colt Without The Owner's Consent / Bishop Godday Iboyi Shares Anointed Bread To His Church Members / Christians Jesus Christ Can Dissapoint You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Were Those Anointed Christians Jesus Told To Depart From Him On That Day? by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:19pm On Jun 25, 2021
Who Were Those Anointed Christians Jesus Told To Depart From Him On That Day?

Jesus said:

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."
Matthew 7:21-23 (KJV)

They obviously "believed" in Jesus that He was Lord for them to be able to prophesy and do such extent of mighty works in His name.

And Jesus said there would be many of them on that day, so who were they?

Are they among us today?

Are they in the churches today?

Are they people we know?

Could it be that He was actually speaking of us?

One thing is for sure. They were not angels and didn't come from Mars, but human beings like us on Earth, who believed in Jesus to the extent that they were able to prophesy and do mighty works in His name. However they were also workers of iniquity, hence Jesus said He never knew them and told them to depart from Him.

So if you claim to believe in Jesus, but still work iniquity, it doesn't matter how much you prophesy, cast out devils or heal the sick, or if you pray and fast dry a hundred days straight, if you don't repent, Jesus was speaking about you, because no worker of iniquity would be allowed into His kingdom.

Matthew 13:41
The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

He that has ears let him hear.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: Who Were Those Anointed Christians Jesus Told To Depart From Him On That Day? by collinsfhk(m): 9:49pm On Jun 25, 2021
Also;

Philippians 3:18 (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:

3:19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

1 Like

Re: Who Were Those Anointed Christians Jesus Told To Depart From Him On That Day? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:36pm On Jun 26, 2021
Re: Who Were Those Anointed Christians Jesus Told To Depart From Him On That Day? by chukwunweikeemi(m): 9:55pm On Jun 26, 2021
Those were people trusting on their works to be saved.From the Bible passage in Matt 7 you will see how they listed all the wonderful works ,but salvation is not by works and that's why they were condemned to everlasting damnation.The same fate will befall the Catholics,Jehovak's Witnesses, the pentecostals,amd any body who believes that salvation is by faith and works.All we need to make heaven is to admit we are sinners and then believe on the death,burial,and resurrection of Jesus Christ to be the full payment for our sins.
Re: Who Were Those Anointed Christians Jesus Told To Depart From Him On That Day? by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:24pm On Jun 26, 2021
chukwunweikeemi:
Those were people trusting on their works to be saved.From the Bible passage in Matt 7 you will see how they listed all the wonderful works ,but salvation is not by works and that's why they were condemned to everlasting damnation.The same fate will befall the Catholics,Jehovak's Witnesses, the pentecostals,amd any body who believes that salvation is by faith and works.All we need to make heaven is to admit we are sinners and then believe on the death,burial,and resurrection of Jesus Christ to be the full payment for our sins.
False!

Jesus said they were workers of iniquity, and that was why He told them to depart from Him, so what works are you talking about?

You probably think you know more than Jesus on why He cast them out.

Jesus already said no worker of iniquity shall be allowed into His kingdom, so that tallies with His saying. Matthew 13:41

So even if they had all the faith in Jesus, (which they had loads of to be able to do such works in His name), as long as they were workers of iniquity, they would be condemned!

That's what Jesus said not me but of course you can choose to believe whatever you want.

That day you'd know.
Re: Who Were Those Anointed Christians Jesus Told To Depart From Him On That Day? by chukwunweikeemi(m): 11:46pm On Jun 26, 2021
[The righteousness of a born again Christian is the righteousness of Jesus Christ.View him outside Christ's righteousness and he may rightly be described as a 'worker of iniquity' on account of his imperfections however little they may seem.Those people in Matt 7 were not resting on the finished work of Jesus Christ,but on the good things they did.So Christ rejected them because they were not perfect in the good things they claim to have done.This Bible verse is proof that salvation is by faith alone.
"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? " (Matthew 7:22).
"And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." (Matthew 7:23).
Ye must be born again.

1 Like

Re: Who Were Those Anointed Christians Jesus Told To Depart From Him On That Day? by AntiChristian: 12:10am On Jun 27, 2021
So who is right?
Re: Who Were Those Anointed Christians Jesus Told To Depart From Him On That Day? by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:30am On Jun 27, 2021
AntiChristian:
So who is right?
Jesus is! Matthew 13:41
Re: Who Were Those Anointed Christians Jesus Told To Depart From Him On That Day? by AntiChristian: 1:04am On Jun 27, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Jesus is! Matthew 13:41

You mean your own Holy spirit is right and that of the other guy wrong?
Re: Who Were Those Anointed Christians Jesus Told To Depart From Him On That Day? by Subduer: 1:34am On Jun 27, 2021
Workers of INIQUITY are church leaders, who REJECT Righteousness, and blatantly CHOOSE Iniquity, Hebrew 1:8-9.
In Righteousness SHALL Christians be established, Isaiah 54:14.
Christians MUST SEEK 1st the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness, Matthew 6:33
But WICKED people presume that shouting SCRIPTURES, and ENJOYING the blessings of God can make them Christians. As in John 6, people ate ordinary bread and REJECTED the Bread of Life.
Jesus isn't making empty threats.

Christ Jesus SAYS they're just SCAMMING, and being scammed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Were Those Anointed Christians Jesus Told To Depart From Him On That Day? by Kobojunkie: 2:30am On Jun 27, 2021
chukwunweikeemi:
[The righteousness of a born again Christian is the righteousness of Jesus Christ.View him outside Christ's righteousness and he may rightly be described as a 'worker of iniquity' on account of his imperfections however little they may seem.Those people in Matt 7 were not resting on the finished work of Jesus Christ,but on the good things they did.So Christ rejected them because they were not perfect in the good things they claim to have done.This Bible verse is proof that salvation is by faith alone.
"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? " (Matthew 7:22).
"And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." (Matthew 7:23).
Ye must be born again.
1. Where did Jesus Christ make this statement of yours that the righteousness of a born again Christian is the righteousness of Jesus Christ? undecided

2. Where in the context of Mattthew 7 vs 15 -23, do you get this notion that the people Jesus Christ spoke of were not "resting in the finished works of Jesus Christ"? undecided

3. How do you declare the works done by these same people "good" when Jesus Christ tells us in the passage that they were never of God, the only one who is indeed good? undecided
Re: Who Were Those Anointed Christians Jesus Told To Depart From Him On That Day? by jesusjnr2020(m): 2:38am On Jun 27, 2021
AntiChristian:

You mean your own Holy spirit is right and that of the other guy wrong?
I mean, Just like a non-muslim would ask of the Shiites and Sunnies.

1 Like

Re: Who Were Those Anointed Christians Jesus Told To Depart From Him On That Day? by Karlovych: 2:42am On Jun 27, 2021
embarassed embarassed The hypocrites in Nigerian churches, the ones that shout hallelujah every Sunday but still keep malice with their fellow human beings, envy others and if they happen to be in a position of authority oppress those beneath them. The ones that only do good because they believe that an imaginary mansion is waiting for them when they are gone

1 Like

Re: Who Were Those Anointed Christians Jesus Told To Depart From Him On That Day? by AntiChristian: 6:02am On Jun 27, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
I mean, Just like a non-muslim would ask of the Shiites and Sunnies.

You mean the Shiites and the Sunnis are like you and the other guy?
Re: Who Were Those Anointed Christians Jesus Told To Depart From Him On That Day? by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:59am On Jun 27, 2021
AntiChristian:

You mean the Shiites and the Sunnis are like you and the other guy?
I mean you think your sect is true and the other is false but it's the same Mohammed.
Re: Who Were Those Anointed Christians Jesus Told To Depart From Him On That Day? by AntiChristian: 9:42am On Jun 27, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
I mean you think your sect is true and the other is false but it's the same Mohammed.

Why compare Shiites and Sunni to your denominations?

It is proven from the prophecy of our Prophet salallahu alayhi wasalam that there'll many sects in Islam.

Imām al-Barbahārī (rahimahullāh, died 329 AH) stated: “Know that Allah’s Messenger (salallāhu ‘alaihi wasallam) said: “My ummah will divide into 73 sects, all of them will be in the Fire except for one, and that is the Jamā’ah.” It was said, “And who are they, O Allah’s Messenger?” He (salallāhu ‘alaihi wasallam) responded, “That which I and my Companions are upon today.
Tirmidhi

This is clear.

On the other hand Jesus and Paul prayed and advised their followers to be one but everyday another church comes up!
Re: Who Were Those Anointed Christians Jesus Told To Depart From Him On That Day? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:06pm On Jun 27, 2021
AntiChristian:

Why compare Shiites and Sunni to your denominations?

It is proven from the prophecy of our Prophet salallahu alayhi wasalam that there'll many sects in Islam.

Imām al-Barbahārī (rahimahullāh, died 329 AH) stated: “Know that Allah’s Messenger (salallāhu ‘alaihi wasallam) said: “My ummah will divide into 73 sects, all of them will be in the Fire except for one, and that is the Jamā’ah.” It was said, “And who are they, O Allah’s Messenger?” He (salallāhu ‘alaihi wasallam) responded, “That which I and my Companions are upon today.
Tirmidhi

This is clear.

On the other hand Jesus and Paul prayed and advised their followers to be one but everyday another church comes up!
Imagine 73 different sects from just one Mohammed, and you're still here talking gibberish?

Matthew 13:24-26 (KJV)

Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.

Matthew 13:37-43 (KJV)

He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Can you see what Jesus said about His church?

So stop making flimsy excuses, you're no different!

1 Like

Re: Who Were Those Anointed Christians Jesus Told To Depart From Him On That Day? by chukwunweikeemi(m): 8:13pm On Jun 27, 2021
@Kobojunkie
1. It is sin that brings about death.So if a person can have eternal life,then the person must be righteous(without sin) .Since Jesus tells us that ....whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.Then we can conclude that believing on christ confers another type of righteousness.It is this righteousness that is called the righteousness of God.Even in Rom 10v 1,the Apostle Paul mentioned it.So yes,anyone who believes in Jesus Christ has the righteousness of God.

2. Let's consider two scenarios.In the first,a man who believes on Christ alone for the forgiveness of his sins dies and on getting to heaven's gate was asked to depart into eternal damnation.The next thing he would do is to protest.He would protest by stating his hope for salvation.Since he trusted on Christ alone apart from all works of self righteousness he would state this clearly.He would not make mention of his works because he never trusted in them to save him
In the second scenario,we have a man who believes on Christ and good works to save him.When this man is rejected at heaven's gate,He would protest by stating his hope for salvation.He would tell Christ he believed in him and also did some great things in his name.Infact his self defence will be no dfferent from those of the damned people in Matt 7. So face to face with eternal life and eternal damnation,a man will state what he trusted in for the salvation of his soul.So we can see that the people in Matt7 stated what they trusted in.They trusted in Christ and their works.They were not resting on Christ alone.
3.The only thing that pleases God are those things done in Christ Jesus.An unsaved person may do a lot of good things,but because he is not in Christ those good things will not be counted as good before God because they have the nature of sin,having been done outside Christ.
Ye must be born again.
Re: Who Were Those Anointed Christians Jesus Told To Depart From Him On That Day? by AntiChristian: 6:39pm On Jun 28, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Imagine 73 different sects from just one Mohammed, and you're still here talking gibberish?

Matthew 13:24-26 (KJV)

Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.

Matthew 13:37-43 (KJV)

He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Can you see what Jesus said about His church?

So stop making flimsy excuses, you're no different!

You still haven't gotten the point.
It's established that there'll many sects in Islam and all would be in the fire except one.

Get the verses where Jesus and Paul prayed/advised you guys to be one.

We are different!
Re: Who Were Those Anointed Christians Jesus Told To Depart From Him On That Day? by madegreatbygrace(m): 8:13pm On Jun 28, 2021
[quote]quote author=collinsfhk post=103093614]Also;
Re: Who Were Those Anointed Christians Jesus Told To Depart From Him On That Day? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:24pm On Jun 28, 2021
AntiChristian:

You still haven't gotten the point.
It's established that there'll many sects in Islam and all would be in the fire except one.

Get the verses where Jesus and Paul prayed/advised you guys to be one.

We are different!
I get the point that it's 73 sects from one Mohammed, but just one he prayed/desired to be one, so you have no case.

1 Like

Re: Who Were Those Anointed Christians Jesus Told To Depart From Him On That Day? by madegreatbygrace(m): 8:39pm On Jun 28, 2021
quote author=jesusjnr2020 post=103092781]Who Were Those Anointed Christians Jesus Told To Depart From Him On That Day?

Jesus said:

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."
Matthew 7:21-23 (KJV)

They obviously "believed" in Jesus that He was Lord for them to be able to prophesy and do such extent of mighty works in His name.

And Jesus said there would be many of them on that day, so who were they?

Are they among us today?

Are they in the churches today?

Are they people we know?

Could it be that He was actually speaking of us?

One thing is for sure. They were not angels and didn't come from Mars, but human beings like us on Earth, who believed in Jesus to the extent that they were able to prophesy and do mighty works in His name. However they were also workers of iniquity, hence Jesus said He never knew them and told them to depart from Him.

So if you claim to believe in Jesus, but still work iniquity, it doesn't matter how much you prophesy, cast out devils or heal the sick, or if you pray and fast dry a hundred days straight, if you don't repent, Jesus was speaking about you, because no worker of iniquity would be allowed into His kingdom.

Matthew 13:41

He that has ears let him hear.

God bless

Beloved, let’s examine this scripture once again

“Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭7:21-23‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Notice what Jesus said......

I NEVER knew you.

Jesus didn’t say i once knew you at a time, then I stopped knowing you.

I NEVER knew you

It means you were never for once saved

It means i didn’t have any form of relationship with you

It means you were NEVER my sheep

This is why Jesus called them workers of iniquity.

Few verses earlier He had said......

“Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭7:15‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Therefore, workers of iniquity , whom Jesus said He never knew were the false prophets.

The false prophet claims to work miracles in the name of the Lord , but really does them by magic.

Lying signs and wonders

We have an example in the Book of Acts

“And when they had gone through the isle unto Paphos, they found a certain sorcerer, a false prophet, a Jew, whose name was Bar-jesus: which was with the deputy of the country, Sergius Paulus, a prudent man; who called for Barnabas and Saul, and desired to hear the word of God. But Elymas the sorcerer (for so is his name by interpretation) withstood them, seeking to turn away the deputy from the faith.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭13:6-8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Bar- Jesus is a false prophet as well as a sorcerer.

The false prophet claims to speak in the name of the Lord but he’s a sorcerer.

We have them among us today.

They build cathedrals
They perform miracles
They give accurate prophecies
They do good works to be seen and applauded by men
They are workers of iniquity

These are the ones Jesus is referring to here.
Not the Christians.

Be blessed.
Re: Who Were Those Anointed Christians Jesus Told To Depart From Him On That Day? by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:14pm On Jun 28, 2021
madegreatbygrace:

Beloved, let’s examine this scripture once again

“Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭7:21-23‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Notice what Jesus said......

I NEVER knew you.

Jesus didn’t say i once knew you at a time, then I stopped knowing you.

I NEVER knew you

It means you were never for once saved

It means i didn’t have any form of relationship with you

It means you were NEVER my sheep

This is why Jesus called them workers of iniquity.

Few verses earlier He had said......

“Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭7:15‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Therefore, workers of iniquity , whom Jesus said He never knew were the false prophets.

The false prophet claims to work miracles in the name of the Lord , but really does them by magic.

Lying signs and wonders

We have an example in the Book of Acts

“And when they had gone through the isle unto Paphos, they found a certain sorcerer, a false prophet, a Jew, whose name was Bar-jesus: which was with the deputy of the country, Sergius Paulus, a prudent man; who called for Barnabas and Saul, and desired to hear the word of God. But Elymas the sorcerer (for so is his name by interpretation) withstood them, seeking to turn away the deputy from the faith.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭13:6-8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Bar- Jesus is a false prophet as well as a sorcerer.

The false prophet claims to speak in the name of the Lord but he’s a sorcerer.

We have them among us today.

They build cathedrals
They perform miracles
They give accurate prophecies
They do good works to be seen and applauded by men
They are workers of iniquity

These are the ones Jesus is referring to here.
Not the Christians.

Be blessed.
So who are Christians then? Have you ever met any of them or do you think that you're one?

What you should know is that they (workers of iniquity) believed they were Christians, just as many workers of iniquity do today, but Jesus said no worker of iniquity would enter into His kingdom so enough of these titles.

Let stop deceiving ourselves with such but let our works be our title because that's what Jesus said He'd use to judge us at the end, and the reason Jesus never knew them is simply because Jesus never knows any worker of iniquity, not because one had a title called Christian or not!

So Jesus doesn't observe such titles but works!

God bless.

1 Like

Re: Who Were Those Anointed Christians Jesus Told To Depart From Him On That Day? by madegreatbygrace(m): 9:19pm On Jun 28, 2021
quote author=jesusjnr2020 post=103177238]So who are Christians then? Have you ever met any of them or do you think that you're one?

What you should know is that they (workers of iniquity) believed they were Christians, just as many workers of iniquity do today, but Jesus said no worker of iniquity would enter into His kingdom so enough of these titles.

Let stop deceiving ourselves with such but let our works be our title because that's what Jesus said He'd use to judge us at the end, and the reason Jesus never knew them is simply because Jesus never knows any worker of iniquity, not because one had a title called Christian or not!

So Jesus doesn't observe such titles but works!

God bless.

I have never read in my Bible , where Jesus , or any of the apostles say a man is saved by works . Perhaps I misunderstood your point
Re: Who Were Those Anointed Christians Jesus Told To Depart From Him On That Day? by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:51pm On Jun 28, 2021
madegreatbygrace:

I have never read in my Bible , where Jesus , or any of the apostles say a man is saved by works . Perhaps I misunderstood your point
Are you really sure you've never see it, or that you weren't willing to see it, because it clearly written there in several places.

It's okay though if you say so, here's one where Jesus who is the Savior, who paid the ultimate price for man's sins, said He would judge every man according to his works:

Matthew 16:27 (KJV)

For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

So what saves or destroys a man who Jesus rewards with eternal life or destruction respectively?

Can you see why I said you weren't willing to see it, because you can't say you haven't read this verse. And there are several of them like this in the Bible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Were Those Anointed Christians Jesus Told To Depart From Him On That Day? by madegreatbygrace(m): 3:46am On Jun 29, 2021
quote author=jesusjnr2020 post=103178285]Are you really sure you've never see it, or that you weren't willing to see it, because it clearly written there in several places.

It's okay though if you say so, here's one where Jesus who is the Savior, who paid the ultimate price for man's sins, said He would judge every man according to his works:

Matthew 16:27 (KJV)

For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

So what saves or destroys a man who Jesus rewards with eternal life or destruction respectively?

Can you see why I said you weren't willing to see it, because you can't say you haven't read this verse. And there are several of them like this in the Bible.

Hmmmm........You mean there are several of them in the Bible? My dear , let’s deliberate on them one by one , starting with the foregoing

Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.”
‭‭John‬ ‭6:28-29‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Evidently, Jesus seems to have a definition for works that is different from yours.

He says the work is to believe!

This is the only work that saves , my brother.

Any other works performed to earn salvation is futile and will only lead to self-righteousness.

If you’ve got more, bring them on.
Re: Who Were Those Anointed Christians Jesus Told To Depart From Him On That Day? by jesusjnr2020(m): 5:53am On Jun 29, 2021
madegreatbygrace:

Hmmmm........You mean there are several of them in the Bible? My dear , let’s deliberate on them one by one , starting with the foregoing

Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.”
‭‭John‬ ‭6:28-29‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Evidently, Jesus seems to have a definition for works that is different from yours.

He says the work is to believe!

This is the only work that saves , my brother.

Any other works performed to earn salvation is futile and will only lead to self-righteousness.

If you’ve got more, bring them on.

You told me you've never seen anywhere in the Bible where anyone, either Jesus or the apostles said a man was saved by works, but here you are contradicting yourself, by saying that the only work that saves according to the saying of Jesus you quoted was to believe. So were you lying when you said that or did you forgot then that there was a work that saves?

At least you've hence admitted, albeit reluctantly, the fact that man could be saved by works according to the Bible, right? Because belief according to you is a work, right? So it should be a righteous work, right? Or do you think it's a work of iniquity? Hmm...

I hope though you understand what Jesus actually meant by "believe on Him" because many Christians don't know that. They seem to give their own interpretation which completely differs from that of Jesus whenever He says that. So here Jesus' own interpretation of that saying:

John 8:31 (KJV)

Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him,
If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

So can you see how Jesus interpretation differs from your own definition of that saying, and why Jesus said the work of God was to believe in Him? It was because to truly believe in Him was a real work. It required the keeping of His Words which is a work of God and righteousness. Therefore no worker of iniquity truly believes in Jesus according to His own interpretation of the Word.

So that's the work Jesus meant when He said "believe in Him" not just calling Him "Lord" and lip service that many Christians do today.

That's the belief (works) that would save anyone according to Jesus.

If you can't accept that glaring Truth of Jesus Words, then it's obvious your understanding is beclouded by erroneous preconceptions, hence there'd be no point going any further with you on this.

Thanks and God bless.
Re: Who Were Those Anointed Christians Jesus Told To Depart From Him On That Day? by madegreatbygrace(m): 6:24am On Jun 29, 2021
quote author=jesusjnr2020 post=103182430] You told me you've never seen anywhere in the Bible where anyone, either Jesus or the apostles said a man was saved by works, but here you are contradicting yourself, by saying that the only work that saves according to the saying of Jesus you quoted was to believe. So were you lying when you said that or did you forgot then that there was a work that saves?

At least you've hence admitted, albeit reluctantly, the fact that man could be saved by works according to the Bible, right? Because belief according to you is a work, right? So it should be a righteous work, right? Or do you think it's a work of iniquity? Hmm...

I hope though you understand what Jesus actually meant by "believe on Him" because many Christians don't know that. They seem to give their own interpretation which completely differs from that of Jesus whenever He says that. So here Jesus' own interpretation of that saying:

John 8:31 (KJV)

Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him,
If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

So can you see how Jesus interpretation differs from your own definition of that saying, and why Jesus said the work of God was to believe in Him? It was because to truly believe in Him was a real work. It required the keeping of His Words which is a work of God and righteousness. Therefore no worker of iniquity truly believes in Jesus according to His own interpretation of the Word.

So that's the work Jesus meant when He said "believe in Him" not just calling Him "Lord" and lip service that many Christians do today.

That's the belief (works) that would save anyone according to Jesus.

If you can't accept that glaring Truth of Jesus Words, then it's obvious your understanding is beclouded by erroneous preconceptions, hence there'd be no point going any further with you on this.

Thanks and God bless.

You probably don’t understand the use of words grin . Obviously, the Pharisees and Jews were people like you.

Just like you, they believe doing good works or keeping the laws of Moses will earn them salvation.

Jesus is saying , you don’t need such.

He’s saying , My own type of work is different from yours.

My own type of work is rest!

This type of work is the opposite of their own type of work

So the work Jesus is referring to is not their own type of work , but believing that He’s the Messiah.

He’s the son of God

He’s the Christ

To truly believe Him is not real work

He is only replying them in a language they’ll understand.

Check the meaning of antithesis.
Re: Who Were Those Anointed Christians Jesus Told To Depart From Him On That Day? by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:24am On Jun 30, 2021
Re: Who Were Those Anointed Christians Jesus Told To Depart From Him On That Day? by AntiChristian: 9:09am On Jun 30, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
I get the point that it's 73 sects from one Mohammed, but just one he prayed/desired to be one, so you have no case.

Has the Holy Spirit failed you? You that was able to see the period the world would end can even decipher the verse below:

[Jesus said,] I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one. . . . I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one—I in them and you in me— so that they may be brought to complete unity. (John 17:20–23)

Paul said:
I appeal to you . . . that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought.(1 Corinthians 1:10)

Tell me what prayer/appeal has ever failed woefully more than this?
Re: Who Were Those Anointed Christians Jesus Told To Depart From Him On That Day? by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:41am On Jun 30, 2021
AntiChristian:

Has the Holy Spirit failed you? You that was able to see the period the world would end can even decipher the verse below:

[Jesus said,] I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one. . . . I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one—I in them and you in me— so that they may be brought to complete unity. (John 17:20–23)

Paul said:
I appeal to you . . . that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought.(1 Corinthians 1:10)

Tell me what prayer/appeal has ever failed woefully more than this?
None more than that of one Mohammed that resulted in 73 different sects.

1 Like

Re: Who Were Those Anointed Christians Jesus Told To Depart From Him On That Day? by AntiChristian: 9:54am On Jun 30, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
None more than that of one Mohammed that resulted in 73 different sects.

Why not first talk about the speck in your eye first. Muhammad prophesied that Islam will spilt into those sects hence he warned us to be on what he and his companions were upon!

On the other hand Jesus and Paul prayed and appeal but the prayer and appeal were rejected! That's the difference!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why I Almost Went To Hell" -pastor Chris Oyakhilome Shares His Story / See What Prophet Odumeje Cubana Chief Priest And James Amilo Were Caught Doing A / Tb Joshua Is A Beast He Had Sex With Me Several Times And Also With Other Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.