Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,750 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Somali Kills Three In 'brutal' Germany Knife Attack - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Somali Kills Three In 'brutal' Germany Knife Attack (28481 Views)

Three People Wounded In Paris Knife Attack At Railway Station(photos) / Indian Navy Rescue Ship From Somali Pirates (photos) / Somali Knifeman Screamed Allah-Akbar & Chased Residents With A Knife (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Somali Kills Three In 'brutal' Germany Knife Attack by HonNL: 10:15pm On Jun 25, 2021
A Somali man killed three people and left five others seriously injured in an "incredibly brutal" knife rampage in the southern German city of Wuerzburg.

The 24-year-old suspect staged the attack in the city centre at around 5 pm (1500 GMT), striking at a household goods store, before hitting a bank.

The man, who has lived in Wuerzburg since 2015, was overpowered after police shot him in the thigh, said Bavaria's interior minister Joachim Herrmann.

The rampage left "three dead, five seriously injured and others injured," said Herrmann, adding, "it is not certain if the most seriously injured will survive".

Investigators have found documentation showing the man "was treated in a psychiatric institution", said Herrmann, but added that he could not detail the length of the stay.

"The police investigation will determine if this was an Islamist act or if it was due to the psychiatric state" of the man, he said.

- 'Allah Akbar' -

A witness had reportedly said the suspect "shouted Allah Akbar" (God is greatest) during what rescuers described as a "really incredibly brutal" attack, said Herrmann.

"That must all be clarified in further interrogations but we have no further indications on the motivations," he added.

Police said however that the suspect was not a known Islamist.

The mass-circulation daily Bild published a photo of the suspect, showing a dark-skinned man wearing a beige, long-sleeved t-shirt with grey trousers and holding a long knife.

Video footage circulating online also showed passers-by trying to stop the suspect using folded chairs.

A crowd of people gave chase before a police car arrived on the scene, one video showed.

Another photo published by Bild showed a police officer handcuffing the suspect.

A huge police deployment was underway in the city of around 130,000 inhabitants located about 120 kilometres (75 miles) west of Frankfurt.

While the perpetrator's motive has not yet been established, Germany has been on high alert after several deadly Islamist extremist attacks.

- Dangerous suspects -

Wuerzburg was itself hit five years ago by an axe-wielding man who seriously wounded four people o a train.

The suspect, an Afghan, sought to attack a passerby as he fled before being shot dead by police.

The attack was claimed by the Islamic State (IS) jihadist group.

The deadliest Islamist attack in Germany happened in December 2016 when a jihadist rammed a truck into a Berlin Christmas market killing 12 people.

The Tunisian attacker, a failed asylum-seeker, was an IS supporter.

More recently, one man was killed and another seriously injured in a knife attack in the city of Dresden in October.

A 20-year-old Syrian jihadist in May received a life sentence for the homophobic attack.

Last August, six people were injured in a series of motorway accidents in Berlin in what prosecutors described as a suspected Islamist attack.

Since 2009, German authorities have foiled 17 suspected jihadist attacks -- the majority in 2016, according to the interior ministry.

The number of Islamists considered dangerous in Germany rose sharply between 2015 and 2018, according to security services.

SOURCE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Somali Kills Three In 'brutal' Germany Knife Attack by jaeyking(m): 10:36pm On Jun 25, 2021
Any man who kills in the name of religion is not a friend or servant of God.

God teaches us to love everyone

135 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Somali Kills Three In 'brutal' Germany Knife Attack by NwaAmaikpe: 10:37pm On Jun 25, 2021
shocked

'Allah Akbar' spontaneously shouted in public is the riskiest word to hear, it can be loosely translated to mean "run for your life".

My nephew was hospitalized for 8months for a broken femur.
Baba jumped out of a moving BRT bus because the person behind him was on a phonecall and then said 'Allah Akbar'.

486 Likes 42 Shares

Re: Somali Kills Three In 'brutal' Germany Knife Attack by jaeyking(m): 10:37pm On Jun 25, 2021
Any man who kills in the name of religion is not a friend or servant of God.

God teaches us to love everyone
Even the LGBTQ,

Judgement is for God alone

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Somali Kills Three In 'brutal' Germany Knife Attack by tillaman(m): 10:53pm On Jun 25, 2021
Fvcking Brute, All in the name of virgins
Abeg how many virgins go remain for that their side e go shock you say when they execute you the ones that died before you has taken all the virgins
grin
This will be his reaction when he hears virgin don finish na Adelebo remain

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Somali Kills Three In 'brutal' Germany Knife Attack by IfGodbeforus(m): 11:31pm On Jun 25, 2021
Wherever they enter,it is trouble and confusion. It is either they are fighting for their god or they are killing for their god.

167 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Somali Kills Three In 'brutal' Germany Knife Attack by Abascoh: 11:35pm On Jun 25, 2021
Headslammers doing what they are known for.

117 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Somali Kills Three In 'brutal' Germany Knife Attack by Saviolamemphix(m): 11:59pm On Jun 25, 2021
All Muslims ain't terrorist but all terrorists are Muslims. undecided undecided

There is a lesson in there shocked shocked

200 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Somali Kills Three In 'brutal' Germany Knife Attack by Dygeasy(m): 8:02am On Jun 26, 2021
Since they said he's not normal, that explains the madness. They should lock him up and throw away the keys.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Somali Kills Three In 'brutal' Germany Knife Attack by Teaser4(m): 8:02am On Jun 26, 2021
Knife attacks again...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Somali Kills Three In 'brutal' Germany Knife Attack by jerrybakermillz(m): 8:02am On Jun 26, 2021
Wahala no too much

1 Like

Re: Somali Kills Three In 'brutal' Germany Knife Attack by classicfrank4u(m): 8:02am On Jun 26, 2021
Religion of piss again? undecided

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Somali Kills Three In 'brutal' Germany Knife Attack by MITCHELL96: 8:03am On Jun 26, 2021
Why is this Islam Religion Fierce and full of hatred undecided undecided

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Somali Kills Three In 'brutal' Germany Knife Attack by fredoooooo: 8:03am On Jun 26, 2021
Here we go again .
Blood suckers
Go and live in saudi Arabia why Germany or any other european countries. Go to where you have same mentality
angry angry angry

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Somali Kills Three In 'brutal' Germany Knife Attack by humberjade: 8:03am On Jun 26, 2021
So many mentally derailed people on German streets, and the govt seems to be looking away. You find most of them engaging in loud self-talk, self-"conversation...some barefooted, some with tattered cloths.

The thing is that, some of these people went through hell enroute Europe...the deserts, Libya, the Mediterranean sea, and finally the crazy stress in Europe. With what I have noticed...Most people that ventured into Europe through all the routes mentioned above get damaged one way or the other...

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Somali Kills Three In 'brutal' Germany Knife Attack by kilmot: 8:03am On Jun 26, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

'Allah Akbar' spontaneously shouted in public is the riskiest word to hear, it can be loosely translated to mean "run for your life".

Very True

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Somali Kills Three In 'brutal' Germany Knife Attack by Kevinsamba: 8:03am On Jun 26, 2021
shocked
Re: Somali Kills Three In 'brutal' Germany Knife Attack by Baawaa(m): 8:03am On Jun 26, 2021
Investigators have found documentation showing the man "was treated in a psychiatric institution", said Herrmann, but added that he could not detail the length of the stay.
Let us read before we comment ,it is very important

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Somali Kills Three In 'brutal' Germany Knife Attack by casdoruche: 8:04am On Jun 26, 2021
If every religion killed for their god who would be left. One thing I know for sure as a Christian I won't let you kill me. I rather kill you. Enough of God will judge. I will judge you immediately. Jihadist can't kill me. I rather kill them.

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Somali Kills Three In 'brutal' Germany Knife Attack by Nobody: 8:04am On Jun 26, 2021
I was like waiting to see the unfortunate guy and the brutal pics of whom he killed. I was disappointed because I thought it was naija. It has become norm these days especially in nairaland to just post uncensored pics of the dead even the fatal ones. That's what makes news sell faster like that useless blog.
In Nigeria, the dead bodies pictures would have littered the Internet. You will see people asking for "where is the pics of the dead?" Here in abroad, you will never for once see any disturbing pics online. Even if you see one, it will be blurred.
And you are not even allowed to take pics personally in some instances. Blood and gory pics have become norm in our daily lives. Useless continent, unfortunate country. Blood sucking citizens. That's why progress is very far from the continent.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Somali Kills Three In 'brutal' Germany Knife Attack by Poldesbest: 8:04am On Jun 26, 2021
cheesy

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

Re: Somali Kills Three In 'brutal' Germany Knife Attack by pickatyouu: 8:04am On Jun 26, 2021
Call that foolish nairaland prophet to come and carry his brother, yesterday he was here defending them and talking rubbish about Jesus Christ.
One of his disciples like boko and iswap is at work again

8 Likes

Re: Somali Kills Three In 'brutal' Germany Knife Attack by jimmychang: 8:04am On Jun 26, 2021
Person go dey waka him own dem go come stab am ....wahala

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Somali Kills Three In 'brutal' Germany Knife Attack by Nobody: 8:04am On Jun 26, 2021
There are multiple things wrong with this head butting religion

This is the thanks they give the Christian nations which offer to save them from their Islamic shitholes

From France, Britain, USA, Germany the result is the same

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Somali Kills Three In 'brutal' Germany Knife Attack by Revere27: 8:05am On Jun 26, 2021
They should do their investigation and find out the real cause of his action. Maybe Psychiatric state or religion.

But I guess some Nairalanders already know the cause of it grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Somali Kills Three In 'brutal' Germany Knife Attack by Ayemileto(m): 8:07am On Jun 26, 2021
These guys have reached Germany with their terrorism.

Causing troubles all over the world.

What a religion!!!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Somali Kills Three In 'brutal' Germany Knife Attack by Renforce: 8:07am On Jun 26, 2021
Na dem dem undecided

That's how they do their own evangelism shocked

15 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Twitter Permanently Suspends Donald Trump / Ukraine War: Turkey Denies Closing Black Sea To Russian Warships / Cyclone Hits Mozambique And Zimbabwe, 100 People Dead, 200 Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.