Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,141 members, 7,953,515 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:49 PM

Uncle Toms In Africa, And On Nairaland. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uncle Toms In Africa, And On Nairaland. (2592 Views)

My Uncle Was Poisoned’: Family Source Of Audu Abubakar Reveals DETAILS / Photo Of Africa And Europe At Night From Space / Nigeria Military Ranks 4th In Africa And 36th In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uncle Toms In Africa, And On Nairaland. by pleep(m): 5:18pm On May 07, 2011
Self hating 'black' people are endemic on this site. We need to awknowedge this problem.

Its time for Africans to stop complaining about slavery, colonialism, and racism. Because
people with inferiority complexes are the real problem with Africa, not whites, not bad leaders.

Uncle toms are the people who allowed Europeans to colonize Africa, and they are also the people who don't love their own people enough to provide water, education or food.

They also refuse to patronize black bussinesses, to keep money in the community, then they complain about why black people are poor.

Then they have the nerve to come online and defend the racism and neo-colonialsim of white people, which they caused, and pretend that they are doing Africans a favor.

You all know [/i]who i am talking about, lets list their usernames here, so we can avoid them [i]to prevent infection.
Re: Uncle Toms In Africa, And On Nairaland. by THEAMAKA(f): 1:46am On May 08, 2011
[size=18pt]AMEN!!![/size]
i agree.
Re: Uncle Toms In Africa, And On Nairaland. by Rhino5dm: 1:50am On May 08, 2011
Open recist.

pleep:

Self hating 'black' people are endemic on this site. We need to awknowedge this problem.

Its time for Africans to stop complaining about slavery, colonialism, and racism. Because
people with inferiority complexes are the real problem with Africa, not whites, not bad leaders.

Uncle toms are the people who allowed Europeans to colonize Africa, and they are also the people who don't love their own people enough to provide water, education or food.

They also refuse to patronize black bussinesses, to keep money in the community, then they complain about why black people are poor.

Then they have the nerve to come online and defend the racism and neo-colonialsim of white people, which they caused, and pretend that they are doing Africans a favor.

You all know [/i]who i am talking about, lets list their usernames here, so we can avoid them [i]to prevent infection.

Re: Uncle Toms In Africa, And On Nairaland. by EzeUche2(m): 1:51am On May 08, 2011
The way some of this Africans call any African product "Ibo made," is very sad.
Re: Uncle Toms In Africa, And On Nairaland. by ektbear: 1:59am On May 08, 2011
hrm

Terms like uncle tom, I'm not sure that they make sense for the Nigerian/African context.

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding the OP.

Perhaps name some names of some Uncle Toms, and explain why you classify them as that?
Re: Uncle Toms In Africa, And On Nairaland. by pleep(m): 2:02am On May 08, 2011
^^Uncle tom- An African American slang for a black person who thinks white people are superior and always defends their actions. They also usually detest other black people.

example: KOBOJUNKIE.
Re: Uncle Toms In Africa, And On Nairaland. by EzeUche2(m): 2:03am On May 08, 2011
Uncle Tom African Leaders:

Mobutu Sese Seko
Blaise Compaoré
Yakubu Gowon
Jonas Savimbi
Re: Uncle Toms In Africa, And On Nairaland. by PhysicsMHD(m): 2:04am On May 08, 2011
hackney (nairaland)

A very avuncular individual.
Re: Uncle Toms In Africa, And On Nairaland. by Rhino5dm: 2:07am On May 08, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

EzeUche_:

Uncle Tom African Leaders:

Mobutu Sese Seko
Blaise Compaoré
Yakubu Gowon

Jonas Savimbi
Re: Uncle Toms In Africa, And On Nairaland. by PhysicsMHD(m): 2:18am On May 08, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Gowon said the life of a child raised in Kano was worth less than the life of an American or European child, so Pfizer should pay Kano less money in compensation for the medical trials that resulted in the deaths of Kano children.
Re: Uncle Toms In Africa, And On Nairaland. by Rhino5dm: 2:23am On May 08, 2011
Capito. Grazie!

PhysicsMHD:

Gowon said the life of a child raised in Kano was worth less than the life of an American or European child, so Pfizer should pay Kano less money in compensation for the medical trials that resulted in the deaths of Kano children.

Re: Uncle Toms In Africa, And On Nairaland. by Musiwa13: 2:23am On May 08, 2011
un
Re: Uncle Toms In Africa, And On Nairaland. by PhysicsMHD(m): 2:27am On May 08, 2011
^^^^^

wtf

remove that picture now. . .

([size=4pt]why hasn't this guy been banned yet[/size])
Re: Uncle Toms In Africa, And On Nairaland. by pleep(m): 2:27am On May 08, 2011
^^ what is that? please Musiwa take that picture down.
Re: Uncle Toms In Africa, And On Nairaland. by ektbear: 2:43am On May 08, 2011
Wish the ignore list on this site worked  undecided
Re: Uncle Toms In Africa, And On Nairaland. by Kilode1: 2:47am On May 08, 2011
Yakubu Gowon is a lil bit worse than uncle Tom.

Yakubu Gowon = Uncle Ruckus cheesy

Seriously though, I'll never stop calling that sorry excuse for a leader out until he publicly apologize for his condescending remark about Nigerian Children.

Leaders like Yakubu Gowon -who ruled this country for 9 years and led a bogus unity war-  are the reason why we will find it hard to progress. We need to exorcise their rotten spirit and legacy out of our public space.
Re: Uncle Toms In Africa, And On Nairaland. by pleep(m): 3:09am On May 08, 2011
It's Gowon who said that thing about Nigerian children not being worth the same as American kids during the phfiser scandal right?
Re: Uncle Toms In Africa, And On Nairaland. by zstranger: 3:31am On May 08, 2011
Kobojunkie

Avoid he/she
Re: Uncle Toms In Africa, And On Nairaland. by zstranger: 3:34am On May 08, 2011
Gowon’s derogatory statements

One of the prominent Nigerians employed by Pfizer, Mr. Gowon, was apparently so determined to get a favourable settlement for Pfizer that he, against what must have been his better judgement, let his tongue loose.

During one of those meetings where terms of settlement were being negotiated, Mr. Gowon, who was representing Pfizer which earns over $18 billion annually in profit, worked hard to secure a paltry settlement. He is quoted as telling negotiators that the worth of the life of a child born and bred in Kano cannot be compared to that of a child born and bred in the United States. This was apparently in response to entreaties that Pfizer should pay the same rate of compensation it would pay had the trial taken place in the United States.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5662185-146/gowon_and_bayero_worked_for_pfizer.csp
Re: Uncle Toms In Africa, And On Nairaland. by pleep(m): 4:23am On May 08, 2011
zstranger:

Kobojunkie

Avoid he/she
Kobojunkie is the biggest uncle Tom freak I've ever witnessed in my life. Before I joined nairaland I witnesses some of his( I don't belive he is female) comments and thought he was a white supremacist.

Truly pitifull
Re: Uncle Toms In Africa, And On Nairaland. by birdman(m): 4:50am On May 08, 2011
The problem with throwing around uncle tom labels is that it always ends up biting you in the butt. Genuine dissent on issues can be killed just by labeling people as uncle toms. That being said, some Nairalanders do deserve to be called out. Kobojunkie is really annoying, but certainly no uncle tom, imo.

Now, TayoD, that's Uncle Tom Ruckus right there.
Re: Uncle Toms In Africa, And On Nairaland. by pleep(m): 5:10am On May 08, 2011
^^^ I've never seen this tayoD character. If he's as bad as you say I hope I never do! tongue
but you really don't think kobojunkie is an uncle tom shocked?
Re: Uncle Toms In Africa, And On Nairaland. by Jakumo(m): 6:09am On May 08, 2011
Kobojunkie may not be a black race hater, but she does not tolerate ANY expression of happiness in ANY context, and will argue for hours against those who make the mistake of celebrating anything at all within her earshot.   The first and only time I ever noticed a tiny hint of joy in Kobojunkie's writing was just recently when Bin Laden was nailed.  She cracked a smile briefly when that news broke, but then quickly regained her composure, reverting back to her lifetime of sulking, arguing with the upbeat, and sneering at all expressions of joy or satisfaction. 

If Kobojunkie were a dictator, ALL people found with a grin on their faces would be rounded up and tortured to death, while she watched on a giant screen TV, yelling ROFLMAO every once in a while, as the victims screamed.

The real loony here in Nairaland is Becomerich/Musiwa/Matemate, the Alaafin of Canada, who actually resides in Nigeria, and  loves pictures of dead babies so much that he posts them in ALL threads for his own viewing pleasure.   Now there is one insane muffugguh who should have been institutionalized long ago.
Re: Uncle Toms In Africa, And On Nairaland. by THEAMAKA(f): 6:33am On May 08, 2011
LOL na wa
Re: Uncle Toms In Africa, And On Nairaland. by pleep(m): 7:05am On May 08, 2011
If Kobojunkie were a dictator, ALL people found with a grin on their faces would be rounded up and tortured to death, while she watched on a giant screen TV, yelling ROFLMAO every once in a while, as the victims screamed.
haha
Re: Uncle Toms In Africa, And On Nairaland. by Mynd44: 9:06am On May 08, 2011
People should please not mistake General Gowon for Mr Gowon
Re: Uncle Toms In Africa, And On Nairaland. by Sunofgod(m): 9:16am On May 08, 2011
Jakumo:

Kobojunkie may not be a black race hater, but she does not tolerate ANY expression of happiness in ANY context, and will argue for hours against those who make the mistake of celebrating anything at all within her earshot.   The first and only time I ever noticed a tiny hint of joy in Kobojunkie's writing was just recently when Bin Laden was nailed.  She cracked a smile briefly when that news broke, but then quickly regained her composure, reverting back to her lifetime of sulking, arguing with the upbeat, and sneering at all expressions of joy or satisfaction. 

The real loony here in Nairaland is Becomerich/Musiwa/Matemate, the Alaafin of Canada, who actually resides in Nigeria, and  loves pictures of dead babies so much that he posts them in ALL threads for his own viewing pleasure.   Now there is one insane muffugguh who should have been institutionalized long ago.

Accurate - shocked
Re: Uncle Toms In Africa, And On Nairaland. by Rhino5dm: 9:30am On May 08, 2011
Mynd_44:

People should please not mistake General Gowon for Mr Gowon
Re: Uncle Toms In Africa, And On Nairaland. by cap28: 11:07am On May 08, 2011
the king of all uncle tom's on NL is morpheus, followed very closely by hackney, bastage, kobojunkie, Tayo D, and Justwise
Re: Uncle Toms In Africa, And On Nairaland. by Nobody: 11:13am On May 08, 2011
cap28:

the king of all uncle tom's on NL is morpheus, followed very closely by hackney, bastage, kobojunkie, Tayo D, and Justwise

you forgot to add bidemi12
Re: Uncle Toms In Africa, And On Nairaland. by igboitalo: 11:32am On May 08, 2011
pleep:

You all [i]know [/i]who i am talking about, lets list their usernames here, so we can avoid them [i]to prevent infection.[/i

some nigerians are worst than uncle tom they are more like uncle ruckus
Re: Uncle Toms In Africa, And On Nairaland. by dellnet: 12:00pm On May 08, 2011
Musiwa,:

uncle sarah, mr did this child deserve this. you can call me uncle mary j oprah. i dont care.

Get your facts right, how fast does hair burn?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Was " Mighty Joe" Killed On Trumped Up Charges? / Nigerian Politician: Drugs And The CIA Connect. / Opinion: Obiano Should Move To PDP Without Delay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.