Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Meet The First Black Woman President Of Harvard.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet The First Black Woman President Of Harvard.. (1047 Views)

John Emeka Akude, The First Black Elected Member Cologne City Council In Germany / Edward Adamu With Sanwo-olu At Harvard School / Kate Ekechi Becomes First Black Female Mayor Of Enfield In UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The First Black Woman President Of Harvard.. by NkanAkpanika: 5:38am On Jun 26, 2021
Meet the First Black Woman President of Harvard.

The prestigious Harvard Law Review has elected its first black woman president in its 130-year history.

[/b]Ime Ime Umanah, 24, from Abak Local Government is a daughter of Late Dr. Ime Sampson Umanah, a Nigerian immigrant. She grew up in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. She's a joint degree candidate at Harvard Law School and the Harvard Kennedy School of Government.[b]
Umana was chosen by the Harvard Law Review's 92 student editors in what is widely considered the highest-ranked position that a student can have at the cut-throat law school.

She is the first African-American woman to lead a journal that has the largest reach of any law journal in the world.
The difficult election process required a thorough dissection of her work and application, and a 12-hour long deliberation of her portfolio.

The first black man to be elected president was Barack Obama 27 years ago, while it has been 41 years since the first woman, Susan Estrich, was elected.

Congratulations! We are proud of you.

From all of us from Ibom People's Republic..

@Lalasticlala
#Ibom Republic..

5 Likes

Re: Meet The First Black Woman President Of Harvard.. by obaaderemi: 5:45am On Jun 26, 2021
President of Harvard law Review. She is still a student.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The First Black Woman President Of Harvard.. by Ppogbae: 5:47am On Jun 26, 2021
This is very old news but it's nice to celebrate historical feats like this wink

1 Like

Re: Meet The First Black Woman President Of Harvard.. by tillaman(m): 5:51am On Jun 26, 2021
grin

2 Likes

Re: Meet The First Black Woman President Of Harvard.. by NkanAkpanika: 5:56am On Jun 26, 2021
Ppogbae:
This is very old news but it's nice to celebrate historical feats like this wink
What makes it an old news?
Re: Meet The First Black Woman President Of Harvard.. by NkanAkpanika: 5:56am On Jun 26, 2021
obaaderemi:
President of Harvard law Review. She is still a student.
Yeah
Re: Meet The First Black Woman President Of Harvard.. by Ppogbae: 6:07am On Jun 26, 2021
NkanAkpanika:

What makes it an old news?

This happened in 2017

3 Likes

Re: Meet The First Black Woman President Of Harvard.. by Afonjashapmouth: 7:32am On Jun 26, 2021
We celebrate you
Re: Meet The First Black Woman President Of Harvard.. by DankemzI(m): 7:34am On Jun 26, 2021
Akwa Ibom Ayaya
Ibom Republic to the
Man power we get am
Resources we get am
God bless Ibom Republic and Biafra our allies

2 Likes

Re: Meet The First Black Woman President Of Harvard.. by eeetuk(m): 7:43am On Jun 26, 2021
Re: Meet The First Black Woman President Of Harvard.. by eeetuk(m): 7:49am On Jun 26, 2021
Re: Meet The First Black Woman President Of Harvard.. by NkanAkpanika: 8:42am On Jun 26, 2021
Re: Meet The First Black Woman President Of Harvard.. by Nathz101(m): 9:03am On Jun 26, 2021
congratulation to her God bless ibom republic

1 Like

Re: Meet The First Black Woman President Of Harvard.. by esnbrutality: 10:02am On Jun 26, 2021
My zone...is the ZONE!!

Afonja people should let us celebrate in peace and they should use their IGR to Buy water for their DEAD fire service office.

My IGBO brothers ...we are following your footsteps...I hail Una also!!

Re: Meet The First Black Woman President Of Harvard.. by NkanAkpanika: 12:57pm On Jun 26, 2021
esnbrutality:
My zone...is the ZONE!!

Afonja people should let us celebrate in peace and they should use their IGR to Buy water for their DEAD fire service office.

My IGBO brothers ...we are following your footsteps...I hail Una also!!

grin

(1) (Reply)

My Persecution By Buhari Regime: Setting The Records Straight – Sunday Igboho / Nigeria Is Just Two Region / Beg President Buhari To Resign Immediately – HURIWA Tells Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.