Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Educated Youth In The Old Days - Watch And Appreciate Their Command Of English - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Educated Youth In The Old Days - Watch And Appreciate Their Command Of English (666 Views)

Umahi Inaugurates Ebonyi State Command Of Ebubeagu Security Network (Photos) / Governor Ortom Serves His Aides Food To Appreciate Their Services [PHOTOS] / First Storey Building In The Old Eastern Nigeria 96yrs After: Pictures & Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Educated Youth In The Old Days - Watch And Appreciate Their Command Of English by Nobody: 8:15am On Jun 26, 2021
Re: Educated Youth In The Old Days - Watch And Appreciate Their Command Of English by Simplyleo: 8:45am On Jun 26, 2021
On a serious note, nothing spectacular in their spoken English. Just normal faultless English.

They were already graduates then for God's sake.

These days, some brilliant secondary school students have very good command of English language.
Re: Educated Youth In The Old Days - Watch And Appreciate Their Command Of English by Nobody: 8:50am On Jun 26, 2021
Simplyleo:
On a serious note, nothing spectacular about in their spoken English. Just normal faultless English.

They were already graduates then for goodness God's sake.

These days, some brilliant secondary school students have very good command of the English language.

Small corrections up there.

Ok. Some you said !

1 Like

Re: Educated Youth In The Old Days - Watch And Appreciate Their Command Of English by Simplyleo: 9:00am On Jun 26, 2021
[s]
PeaceforNigeria:

Small corrections up there.

Ok. Some you said !

[/s]
Rubbish.

"About" and "in" are prepositions and their uses depend on what the writer has in mind.

"For goodness sake"? I must use the subject of your choice? I beg, I no fit laff.

Lastly, take that poo outta my mention. Tell me the rules guiding the use of definite article and how it was broken.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Educated Youth In The Old Days - Watch And Appreciate Their Command Of English by Realtalk20: 9:23am On Jun 26, 2021
Simplyleo:
On a serious note, nothing spectacular in their spoken English. Just normal faultless English.

They were already graduates then for God's sake.

These days, some brilliant secondary school students have very good command of English language.

You really enjoy talking alot don't you ? undecided

It seems you always have an opinion you feel you must share at all costs .

Wow

1 Like

Re: Educated Youth In The Old Days - Watch And Appreciate Their Command Of English by Lanretoye(m): 9:32am On Jun 26, 2021
Are we interested in english or the lesson here...working with some expatriates in Nigeria with poor english commands doesn't mean you wont carry out their instructions.moreover,we need to balance the difference between language as a mode of communication and as a means of education.
In reality, whether i say i will transfer 1k to you or i am transfer 1k to you,you recieving the alert na him be the koko.
Re: Educated Youth In The Old Days - Watch And Appreciate Their Command Of English by alizma: 9:50am On Jun 26, 2021
This is why we are going to remain behind for long. We are still busy checking how good we are in the language we borrowed while the owners of the language have since moved into something else.
By the time we are done checking and move into what they are doing now, they would have moved into something else, that is if we would ever finish checking.
Look at China and India

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Educated Youth In The Old Days - Watch And Appreciate Their Command Of English by Realtalk20: 10:36am On Jun 26, 2021
Simplyleo:
[s][/s]
Nairaland is not for only igbos and you can't stop anyone from posting comments.

I just checked, between yesterday and this morning, you have made at least 50 comments on nairaland while me that "enjoy talking alot" barely made up to 5 posts.

I understand, a single post from me appears like 100 to you, the more reason you keep seeing my posts on almost all topics. cheesy

Very funny pipu.

Hahahaha

I am a proud Bini man how before your betters oga.

You are a toxic tribalist and in Edo state we don't hide or cover criminal behaviour.

We speak up against it. Edo isn't Lagos where you praise thieves and thugs

Now to your other point . You are a talkative grow up
Re: Educated Youth In The Old Days - Watch And Appreciate Their Command Of English by Simplyleo: 10:52am On Jun 26, 2021
Realtalk20:

Hahahaha

You are a toxic tribalist and in Edo state we don't hide or cover criminal behaviour.

This is the height of poppycock
Re: Educated Youth In The Old Days - Watch And Appreciate Their Command Of English by theFilmtric: 11:06am On Jun 26, 2021
Reasonable people are trying to preserve and vocabularate their indeginious languages and someone is talking about English?
Re: Educated Youth In The Old Days - Watch And Appreciate Their Command Of English by theFilmtric: 11:07am On Jun 26, 2021
Realtalk20:

Hahahaha

Is Edo 1/20 of Lagos in development?
Re: Educated Youth In The Old Days - Watch And Appreciate Their Command Of English by StaffofOrayan(m): 11:09am On Jun 26, 2021
Nigerian schools, especially the ones controlled by the government are now dummy churning institutions,
That's why politicians and the rich send their kids abroad,
When was the last time a Nigerian university pioneered any innovation?

Break Nigeria or we keep going back in time, the time of Vigilantes and warlords,
Re: Educated Youth In The Old Days - Watch And Appreciate Their Command Of English by Realtalk20: 12:01pm On Jun 26, 2021
Simplyleo:

This is the height of poppycock

You obviously don't know what that word means

Grow up
Re: Educated Youth In The Old Days - Watch And Appreciate Their Command Of English by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 26, 2021
Simplyleo:

Rubbish.

"About" and "in" are prepositions and their use uses depends depend on what the writer has in mind.

"For goodness sake"? Must I use I must use the subject of your choice? I beg, I no fit laff . 0/10 marks

Lastly, take that poo out of outta my mention. Tell me the rules guiding the use of definite article and how it was broken.

Sorry, but you cannot attribute your wrong grammar to preposition.

"nothing spectacular in their spoken English" is wrong period, it is wrong grammar.

Let me correct you again, it's ;

"nothing spectacular about their spoken English"
Re: Educated Youth In The Old Days - Watch And Appreciate Their Command Of English by Christistruth00: 4:18pm On Jun 26, 2021
cool cool cool

Tafawa Balewa’s Command of English was just Fantastic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Big774YSs8A
Re: Educated Youth In The Old Days - Watch And Appreciate Their Command Of English by sinkhole: 4:57pm On Jun 26, 2021
PeaceforNigeria:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uys3XuJBnro
abeg forget dat kain eglis!
Wetin d eglis con do for us nau?
No be di eglis push us con enter sifu war?
Abi no be di eglis con lay di egg for tribalism today?
E for beta make dem no no how to dey yan stupid eglis make Nigeria con dey like China today o embarassed
Eglis wey no fit produce beta eglis, dat one na gud eglis?
Eglis wey no fit produce gud tekinonogi, dat one na gud eglis?
Eglis wey no fit produce beta fusor for pipu, dat one na gud eglis?
Abeg, make I rest, gud eglis mai fut sad
Re: Educated Youth In The Old Days - Watch And Appreciate Their Command Of English by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 26, 2021
Christistruth00:
cool cool cool

Is it a tribal competition ?
Re: Educated Youth In The Old Days - Watch And Appreciate Their Command Of English by aribisala0(m): 5:19pm On Jun 26, 2021
Why is command of English more important than command of Yoruba? I do not get it
Show me an English person with great command of Hausa

1 Like

Re: Educated Youth In The Old Days - Watch And Appreciate Their Command Of English by aribisala0(m): 5:21pm On Jun 26, 2021
PeaceforNigeria:

Sorry, but you cannot attribute your wrong grammar to preposition.

"nothing spectacular in their spoken English" is wrong period, it is wrong grammar.

Let me correct you again, it's ;

"nothing spectacular about their spoken English"

Your opinion or a principle from the Bible or Constitution?
Re: Educated Youth In The Old Days - Watch And Appreciate Their Command Of English by Christistruth00: 5:37pm On Jun 26, 2021
PeaceforNigeria:

Is it a tribal competition ?

What does Tribe have to do with Command of English ?

Tafawa Balewa was known as the Golden Voice of Africa

His spoken English was just so Beautiful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsqBQx1aSgg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Educated Youth In The Old Days - Watch And Appreciate Their Command Of English by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jun 26, 2021
Christistruth00:

What does Tribe have to do with Command of English ?

Tafawa Balewa was known as the Golden Voice of Africa

His spoken English was just so Beautiful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsqBQx1aSgg

What does this article have to do with elderly politicians?
Re: Educated Youth In The Old Days - Watch And Appreciate Their Command Of English by obaaderemi: 6:49pm On Jun 26, 2021
Lanretoye:
Are we interested in english or the lesson here...working with some expatriates in Nigeria with poor english commands doesn't mean you wont carry out their instructions.moreover,we need to balance the difference between language as a mode of communication and as a means of education.
In reality, whether i say i will transfer 1k to you or i am transfer 1k to you,you recieving the alert na him be the koko.
No, it's important to let children know that a good grasp of language is important- either of a local or a foreign one. Saying such a matter does not matter is the reason we are led by idiots in this part of the world.
Re: Educated Youth In The Old Days - Watch And Appreciate Their Command Of English by Christistruth00: 7:07pm On Jun 26, 2021
PeaceforNigeria:

What does this article have to do with elderly politicians?

Balewa was Educated as a Youth in Nigeria when the Standard of Education was so high

That was why Balewa’s command of English was so Brilliant

As a Youth English was Balewa’s favourite Subject
Re: Educated Youth In The Old Days - Watch And Appreciate Their Command Of English by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 7:47pm On Jun 26, 2021
Christistruth00:
cool cool cool

Reading out a prepared speech at the United Nations abi? What a shame.

Even the Asian representative that spoke before him didn't come with a written speech/textbook. I believe English is not the official language in his country. He's probably from Japan or China.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Persecution By Buhari Regime: Setting The Records Straight – Chief Igboho / Meet Nigeria's Youngest Lawyer Who Is Just 20 Years Old / Bandit Plagued Zamfara Communities Receives Over 1700 Corp members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.