Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,036 members, 7,825,256 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Are You About To Go For Service Or Currently Serving, Then You Need This. - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Are You About To Go For Service Or Currently Serving, Then You Need This. (759 Views)

Man Gifts His 37-Year-Old NYSC Shirt To His Daughter Going For Service (Photos) / NYSC Member Currently Serving In Sagamu, Ogun State / NYSC: Which States Will You Suggest I Choose For Service? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are You About To Go For Service Or Currently Serving, Then You Need This. by Luvskid(m): 5:59am On Jun 27, 2021
My name is Emmanuel Effiong and I finished serving in 2020 in ILASA Ekiti in Ekiti State.
I was the president of the NEMA CDS group and we were the only CDS group in that region because the LGA was a bit big, so we were generally called ILASA corpers.

After working with more than 20 corps members as their president in Ilasa Ekiti where I served, I came to discover that a lot of corps members do not have any Idea what they are expecting before going for service.
This has made me take out the time to want to share with you what you should expect as you want to go for service and what business you can do to start making for yourself some good amount of money.

Before going for service you need to prepare your mind to withstand whatever it is that you will face.
I see lots of people always cry when they are sent to places that they did not expect, please if that happens to you, do not be downhearted just know that you have to make a difference.
When I was in Ilasa, almost everyone in the community knew me because I started a business that was thriving there.
So the place you are sent to might be a blessing in disguise.
The first thing you want to do is ask yourself
What is lacking in this place that I can help to bring the solution? This single question will make you to think.

If you are about to go for service then you need guidance and that is why am here.

If you are serving and have any questions too, you can drop them here or connect with me on my WhatsApp check my signature, you will see my contact there, send me a dm.
Any questions dropped here will be answered as soon as possible.
Re: Are You About To Go For Service Or Currently Serving, Then You Need This. by Luvskid(m): 4:49pm On Jul 05, 2021
One of the first thing you want to do before going for service is to prepare your mind, by preparing your mind, I mean you have to know that you will be moving to a place that is not your house and at such you will be faced with so much challenges. Determine before hand to face those challenges and overcome them. If you do. When that challenges eventually come you will be able to face it squarely because you have already prepared your mind for it.
Re: Are You About To Go For Service Or Currently Serving, Then You Need This. by Luvskid(m): 10:12am On Jul 09, 2021
*You have to prepare your plan for service*

It is said that; “he who fails to plan, automatically plans to fail”. The importance of planning
cannot be over-emphasized because it will guide you in whatever you do, from the camp to
your place of primary assignment, be it buying a meal to eat, a beer to drink, clothes, building
a relationship you can name it.
Planning even before you step your foot in camp will help you because most times in camp,
people like to show off, even if you have money, it will not hurt if you plan yourself on how
you are going to spend it.
Sometimes, the food offered in camp might be nothing to write home about so you need to
decide if you will either not eat the food totally or you will eat partly or like in my case you
will eat everything given to you and keep the little money you have.
The above suggestion of course will depend on your pocket. You can decide to eat just once
from what NYSC will offer you or you decide not to take it at all. But let me warn you camp
food is expensive and some might not be as palatable as you think.
Most importantly, you need to prepare a plan for your savings; it would be proper to draw a
plan of how much you will be saving from your allowance (allawee) every month and what
you plan to use it for after service. That is why at the end of this book we will be
brainstorming business ideas that will help you.
Having at least two or three savings plans that you will implement based on how expensive
things are in the community of your place of primary assignment could be beneficial.
You can decide to save 30%, 40%, 50% of your allowance or even more depending on your
circumstance but please make sure to put something aside every month as this is the only way
you will build what you will go home with after service.
I must tell you at this point that it will not be an easy ride but if you discipline yourself to do
it consistently, you will be happy you did. Personally, the business I am currently running in
Ekiti state as at the time of writing this book was started with the savings from my allawee
during my service year.

(1) (Reply)

Early Reg NYSC Error-free Registration Centre In Ibadan, Home Delivery Available / Alls For Scrapping NYSC Unfair —DG. / If You Have Just Been Posted To Akwa Ibom State,let Us Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.