Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,452 members, 7,823,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

9 Richest Tribes In Africa 2021 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 9 Richest Tribes In Africa 2021 (4111 Views)

Richest Tribes In Nigeria 2022 Forbes / Top Ten Richest Tribes In Africa. Number One Is In Nigeria! / The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Richest Tribes In Africa 2021 by theophilusj31(m): 12:10pm On Jun 27, 2021
1-Yoruba
2-Zulu
3-Pedi
4-Hausa/Fulani
5-Suri
6-Igbo
7-El Momo
8-Xhosa
9-Oromo

https://www.currentschoolnews.com/articles/richest-tribes-in-africa/

3 Likes

Re: 9 Richest Tribes In Africa 2021 by Investigative: 12:11pm On Jun 27, 2021
That’s good
So when is the referendum coming?

17 Likes

Re: 9 Richest Tribes In Africa 2021 by BKayy: 12:15pm On Jun 27, 2021
Interesting
The richest tribe should stay alone and become the wealthiest country so members of the richest tribe should support the referendum for the poor tribe to stay alone in their poverty.
Thank you

23 Likes

Re: 9 Richest Tribes In Africa 2021 by providencia(m): 12:20pm On Jun 27, 2021
theophilusj31:
1-Yoruba
2-Zulu
3-Pedi
4-Hausa/Fulani
5-Suri
6-Igbo
7-El Momo
8-Xhosa
9-Oromo

Enough of the deception. Hausas and fulani are not of the same tribe. Hausas will deny been fulani anytime any day

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Richest Tribes In Africa 2021 by Cholls(m): 12:25pm On Jun 27, 2021
providencia:

Enough of the deception. Hausas and fulani are not of the same tribe. Hausas will deny been fulani anytime any day
my brothers and sisters Up Yoruba!!!!

Omo Yoruba ni mi ooooo
[img]https://media./images/796f4ff483ff412abeaa783b0922c4d9/tenor.gif[/img]

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 9 Richest Tribes In Africa 2021 by OnionBandit(f): 12:32pm On Jun 27, 2021
I was expecting the "most industrious" people in the world to top that list..what happened? Marginalisation or genocide

Damn!

3 Likes

Re: 9 Richest Tribes In Africa 2021 by Tinubuadvocate: 12:39pm On Jun 27, 2021
The thing pain you .
BKayy:
Interesting
The richest tribe should stay alone and become the wealthiest country so members of the richest tribe should support the referendum for the poor tribe to stay alone in their poverty.
Thank you

15 Likes

Re: 9 Richest Tribes In Africa 2021 by amuwo1980: 12:44pm On Jun 27, 2021
Rubbish list, if there is any thing like the richest tribe in africa the trophy goes to the Fulanis. When will Yoruba ppl stop this superiority complex, what ever they have was given to them by the fulanis
Re: 9 Richest Tribes In Africa 2021 by Cosbyrich: 12:46pm On Jun 27, 2021
theophilusj31:
1-Yoruba
2-Zulu
3-Pedi
4-Hausa/Fulani
5-Suri
6-Igbo
7-El Momo
8-Xhosa
9-Oromo

It is a truism that Yorubas have always been the richest people in Nigeria.
Their region too has always been the richest.Ibadan which the Yorubas built single handedly then was the most developed and progressive city in Nigeria until Lagios came calling...

1 Like

Re: 9 Richest Tribes In Africa 2021 by pricklewane: 12:55pm On Jun 27, 2021
Even you know you are lying to your igbo father.
amuwo1980:
Rubbish list, if there is any thing like the richest tribe in africa the trophy goes to the Fulanis. When will Yoruba ppl stop this superiority complex, what ever they have was given to them by the fulanis

1 Like

Re: 9 Richest Tribes In Africa 2021 by AustineE1: 1:29pm On Jun 27, 2021
theophilusj31:
1-Yoruba
2-Zulu
3-Pedi
4-Hausa/Fulani
5-Suri
6-Igbo
7-El Momo
8-Xhosa
9-Oromo

Why are you people so insecure,you sit behind your laptop and write trash,just to massage your ego. Even when you cannot convince your self on what you've written.
One thing I learnt from my Dad is that,real big guys don't feel big because they are already big.

3 Likes

Re: 9 Richest Tribes In Africa 2021 by lathrowinger: 1:41pm On Jun 27, 2021
As for me, I will give it to Igbos. ..

First hausas can't hustle, all they do is politics and embezzled money belongs to the poor to themselves, while their children married themselves... And continued occupying one political posts and the other.

Yorubas are educated, which they occupied some big big companies right from scratch till they become the CEO and so on. They are mainly in almost all sectors in Nigeria and outside.

Igbos, believe in hustling and doing other stuffs to make money, basically on trading aspect, which I feel they occupied most business places in Nigeria, with this I feel they are the wealthiest... Once u talk of buying and selling. Igbos dominate that arena. So I give it to them

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9 Richest Tribes In Africa 2021 by r4bbit: 1:49pm On Jun 27, 2021
amuwo1980:

Lol... You sound like a bitch... Bitch

3 Likes

Re: 9 Richest Tribes In Africa 2021 by r4bbit: 1:56pm On Jun 27, 2021
lathrowinger:
As for me, I will give it to Igbos. ..

First hausas can't hustle, all they do is politics and embezzled money belongs to the poor to themselves, while their children married themselves... And continued occupying one political posts and the other.

Yorubas are educated, which they occupied some big big companies right from scratch till they become the CEO and so on. They are mainly in almost all sectors in Nigeria and outside.

Igbos, believe in hustling and doing other stuffs to make money, basically on trading aspect, which I feel they occupied most business places in Nigeria, with this I feel they are the wealthiest... Once u talk of buying and selling. Igbos dominate that arena. So I give it to them

I see your point... And I respect your opinion but, it doesn't change the facts... They are other factors Involved ..not just the hustling spirit! Which dey also have by d way!!

But cool...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Richest Tribes In Africa 2021 by Antivirus92(m): 2:35pm On Jun 27, 2021
Richest tribe in africa,,,,number one yoruba(even though we all know it's not possible)

thread is very peaceful,no insults from the other people, no hate,no tribalistic comments,,,,,

somebody should just remove the yoruba and place igbo there , the amount of bile and hateful comments from the yorubas will shock you to the bone marrow

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9 Richest Tribes In Africa 2021 by TruthHurts1(m): 3:30pm On Jun 27, 2021
Hausa/Fulani are the poorest and most wretched tribe in Africa.

providencia:

Re: 9 Richest Tribes In Africa 2021 by BKayy: 3:33pm On Jun 27, 2021
Antivirus92:
Richest tribe in africa,,,,number one yoruba(even though we all know it's not possible)

thread is very peaceful,no insults from the other people, no hate,no tribalistic comments,,,,,

somebody should just remove the yoruba and place igbo there , the amount of bile and hateful comments from the yorubas will shock you to the bone marrow
Eggzactly grin

1 Like

Re: 9 Richest Tribes In Africa 2021 by EmmanuelScott1(m): 3:57pm On Jun 27, 2021
theophilusj31:
1-Yoruba
2-Zulu
3-Pedi
4-Hausa/Fulani
5-Suri
6-Igbo
7-El Momo
8-Xhosa
9-Oromo

If not from Forbes, I no gree grin grin
Re: 9 Richest Tribes In Africa 2021 by updatechange(m): 4:40pm On Jun 27, 2021
angry
Re: 9 Richest Tribes In Africa 2021 by Samfloxin(m): 5:21pm On Jun 27, 2021
Cholls:
my brothers and sisters Up Yoruba!!!!

Omo Yoruba ni mi ooooo
[img]https://media./images/796f4ff483ff412abeaa783b0922c4d9/tenor.gif[/img]
Up Yoruba? You must be funny if you believe that Yoruba is richer than Igbos. Igbos that have bought the entire Yoruba cities and economy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Richest Tribes In Africa 2021 by revolt(m): 6:23pm On Jun 27, 2021
OnionBandit:
I was expecting the "most industrious" people in the world to top that list..what happened? Marginalisation or genocide

Damn!
Isn't it shocking everything was taking away from them and still going through federal backed hurdles and marginalization .... and YET they are still competing with people that have never had their wealth taken away from them... Imagine if they had a level playing ground like the rest..... its just a matter of time...we will rise as expected. We don't Fear competition and we're moving up everyday.

2 Likes

Re: 9 Richest Tribes In Africa 2021 by slivertongue: 6:28pm On Jun 27, 2021
providencia:

bursted
Re: 9 Richest Tribes In Africa 2021 by 9japride(m): 7:11pm On Jun 27, 2021
It seems most Nigerian youths are full of mischief, why lumping two different tribes together as one? But the Igbos found in other states are not Igbos? Nigeria needs total re-orientation of the mindset of people. This nonsense of deceit should stop.

1 Like

Re: 9 Richest Tribes In Africa 2021 by laiperi: 8:35pm On Jun 27, 2021
It is unfortunate that Yoruba have to start celebrating in Africa. They are well known in and out of Africa for their achievements in the West. Most people feel comfortable with them.

But it will be foolish to think that all the degradation going on in Nigeria would not rob rub off on them. Soil one finger, contaminate the rest.

The progress is why every ethic ethnic group makes comparisons to Yoruba and even stands on their shoulders.

1 Like

Re: 9 Richest Tribes In Africa 2021 by mightyhaze: 8:57pm On Jun 27, 2021
What is hausafulani? Hausa I know, Fulani I know too. So individually these ones cant hold their own?

That said,I make bold to say this ibadan Lagos expressway junk is laughable.. Igbos are by far the richest in black Africa.. both in Africa and beyond Africa..

1 Like

Re: 9 Richest Tribes In Africa 2021 by Emilokoiyawon: 9:28pm On Jun 27, 2021
cool
Re: 9 Richest Tribes In Africa 2021 by emmykingzy: 9:35pm On Jun 27, 2021
I will give number 1 to the Igbos.

1 Like

Re: 9 Richest Tribes In Africa 2021 by Mastakija(m): 9:36pm On Jun 27, 2021
Top 9 Richest Tribes in Africa
1. Yoruba
The Yoruba tribe is found mainly in the South-Western Nigeria and Southern Benin but the highest population is in Nigeria. This is undoubtedly one of the largest ethnic groups in Africa with an estimated population of 35 million people.

This is one of the richest tribes in Nigeria. They make up 20% of the population in Nigeria and due to the fact that they accepted western education earlier, more professionals come from this tribe than any other tribe in Nigeria.

2. Zulu
The Zulu tribe is one of the richest tribes in Africa known worldwide. They speak the isiZulu language and are mostly found in South Africa and other countries like Zambia, Zimbabwe, etc.

Their culture is elegant and is known for their festivals. This tribe is estimated to have a population of 11 million people.

3. Pedi
The Pedi tribe originated from South Africa and they speak the Sotho language; there are more than 7 million people speaking this language in South Africa.

The highest populations of this tribe were involved in herding and farming but at a time, many people migrated to cities in search of work. Currently, they are one of the richest tribes on the continent.

4. Hausa and Fulani
These tribes are the most successful in politics due to large population in Nigeria. This tribe is the most populated in Nigeria and they are also found in some West African countries.

The people are mostly into agriculture and trading and are ranked among one of the richest tribes on the continent. The richest man in Africa, Aliko Dangote is from this tribe.

5. Suri
The Suri tribe is one of the richest in Africa. They speak the Surma language and are mainly found on highlands and countries like Sudan and Ethiopa. They practice a weird culture whereby they can only marry within their tribe.

6. Igbo
This is the most successful and popular tribe in Nigeria. They are mainly into business; they are really obsessed with making money.

7. El Molo
This is one of the richest tribes in the continent despite the fact that it is the smallest tribe in Kenya. They speak the Maa language.

The people are into fishing and hunting, one of their sources of food is the hippopotamus killed in Turkana Lake.

8. Xhosa
The people of the Xhosa tribe are found all across the Eastern Cape Province of South Africa and the literally speak with click sounds. This tribe is also one of the richest in Africa.

9. Oromo Tribe
The Oromo tribe is the most popular in Ethiopa and they make up 40% of the country’s population. They speak Oromo language and practice the Waaqa traditional religion.
Re: 9 Richest Tribes In Africa 2021 by Mastakija(m): 9:45pm On Jun 27, 2021
All those ppl talking trash above me will not do research before they start talking trash
I went to google and searched and most of the websites brought the same thing of yoruba been number1 as the richest tribe in africa
So...
ur opinion does not matter go and do d research b4 embarrassing urselves here biko

1 Like

Re: 9 Richest Tribes In Africa 2021 by Mastakija(m): 9:50pm On Jun 27, 2021
EmmanuelScott1:

If not from Forbes, I no gree grin grin
go and search 4 it on Google and come back here and tell me what u saw
Stop embarrassing urself here

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

FRSC, Fiscal Commission Disagree Over Remittance Of ₦5.1 Billion / Peer Review: AU Rates Nigeria High In Infrastructure, Agric Revolution / Victor Oye: Supreme Court Never Sat, Let Alone Sack Me As APGA Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.