Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Chidinma Ojukwu: What She Needs Now Is A Good Lawyer - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Chidinma Ojukwu: What She Needs Now Is A Good Lawyer (1983 Views)

Chidinma Ojukwu: I Don’t Want To Die Over Usifo Ataga's Case / Chidinma Ojukwu Smoking In A Video / Chidinma Ojukwu: How I Stabbed Michael Usifo Ataga To Death (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chidinma Ojukwu: What She Needs Now Is A Good Lawyer by grandlexuz(m): 12:37pm On Jun 27, 2021
grandlexuz:
I have watched with shock and sadness the ordeal surrounding this pretty young lady. What this girl needs at this point is a good lawyer and not interviews with journalists who care next to nothing about her welfare. For the news outlets and bloggers it is all about trending and being the first to report the colour of the bra she wore on the night of the incident..

From many of the interviews you can tell she has shot herself several times over on deep veins. The public is watching and so is the would be judge. I shockingly found little remorse in her words and demeanour. Wether fake or genuine remorse is most often read from ones body language. If she had a good lawyer she would have been coached on what say how to say it. So far I have seen no tears. Tears rolling from those lovely cheeks would have won her lots of sympathy by now ..Mind you she killed the man , its her intention and motive to kill that will decide wether she gets five years or the gallows.

As a father to a teenage daughter I pity her and wonder at what point drugs could push a 21 years old girl to murder. Afterall fights and disagreement broke out all the time at Hard Drug Smoking Joints and murder is never always the outcome.. However a good lawyer can argue she was lured and led to this by Mr Ataga and thus paint her as the victim. Sadly her own confessions during interviews of being a smoker for years makes a good case difficult.

If she made payments for the Short Service outlet then she definitely knew it was a night for sex. After all what business has a 21 year old undergraduate got with a 50 year old CEO. Whatever went wrong I doubt self defence was a major factor that led to the CEO's death. If you were in a room with a man for two days willingly, smoking and drugging, had sex already I wonder at what point more sex from him puts you at a point where you feel threatened enough to kill him.

The absence of visible marks on the girls body puts self defence at bay. You cant defend yourself and come out without a black eye or cuts to the body judging a knife was involved. To argue self defence a lawyer will need to demonstrate that the girl truly felt her life was at stake. She came out unscathed while the man got three fatal wounds. Me think after the emotional ploy to get the man's pincode her anxiety and motive to kill heightened.

You complain the man doesn't meet your needs nor take care of you. When he hands over his card and pin you say that's not what you want and meant. She already portrayed by her own words that it was a sex for financial benefit relationship. So after she got the card and pin what lured her to killing him. She claimed the man wanted more sex, she declined and a violent fight started. In the process she stabbed him. Her body points to just a one man fight. Even if she were right. Calling an ambulance or seeking for help could have saved the man. However three stabs at crucial angles points to wanting the man dead.

As the man crawled for his life she cleaned off and left to the ATM to withdraw money for her fees. That she moved on so easily in the face of a gruesome murder is frightening. While back at home her dad couldn't tell her daughter had been through the Lions den. How calm she is in the midst of all this doesnt point to an accidental occurence. This I am sure is what the prosecution will argue. I am not a lawyer just a herbalist so what do I know. Lol

The condemnation for Mr Ataga has been huge, but the disgrace he has brought upon his family will last a lifetime. In this era of social media pictures of his blood stained body will soon make memes for adultery. I have seen men given a new lease to life by side chicks, I have seen others die young at the hands of their wives; a lady just got the death sentence for slaughtering her husband. I have seen men abandoned by their wives during times of hardship and sickness only for a side chick to step in and make a difference. At such I will not judge Ataga. Just like Abacha he wasn't lucky.

Disturbing though is the news of a 50year old man smoking SK and Loud with a girl young enough to be his daughter..It was not just a side chick relationship but a toxic party that went bad for both parties. I pray as justice gets served let the girl get a good legal representation that can make a difference. According to popular opinion both OJ Simpson and Michael Jackdon were not so innocent when the got off the hook for murder and child molestation.

My Two kobo
Dr Ayuk
Cameroonian Nairalander

3 Likes

Re: Chidinma Ojukwu: What She Needs Now Is A Good Lawyer by Duru9(m): 12:39pm On Jun 27, 2021
The man family will keep quiet abi
Them too no go get good lawyer

Unless the family no wan deal with the girl
If not she go hear am

You don't kill my brother or my father and say you wan bring good lawyer

1 Like

Re: Chidinma Ojukwu: What She Needs Now Is A Good Lawyer by donbachi(m): 12:40pm On Jun 27, 2021
Murder She wrote.
Re: Chidinma Ojukwu: What She Needs Now Is A Good Lawyer by anselm791(m): 12:44pm On Jun 27, 2021
Interesting take Doc,
but however good a lawyer she gets, be rest assured that the billionaire's family can afford 10 times better.
I do agree she needs the public sympathy but is she deserving of one?
Whatever the context might be, SHE KILLED A MAN, it's now just a question of how much TIME she will do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chidinma Ojukwu: What She Needs Now Is A Good Lawyer by grandlexuz(m): 12:49pm On Jun 27, 2021
Duru9:

If not she go hear am

Not at all but she deserves a fair representation. A good lawyer could shed the facts better than you and I. I don't know how the legal system works in Nigeria but its Chidinma Vs The People. A state counsel or prosecutor should be the one prosecuting her. In most cases the only care about their promotion..
Re: Chidinma Ojukwu: What She Needs Now Is A Good Lawyer by bigtt76(f): 12:50pm On Jun 27, 2021
The case is not between the girl and the victim's family again ...its between her and the state

Duru9:

If not she go hear am

4 Likes

Re: Chidinma Ojukwu: What She Needs Now Is A Good Lawyer by buJu234: 12:50pm On Jun 27, 2021
Wait oo.. Good lawyer to do what na..

That she didn't stab him in the neck instead of the leg incase she claimed self defense?

Or that she order the killer drugs instead of him?

Or that she was tricked to be a runs girl to the diseased for more than 5month?

Or according to her this is the 4th times that they re going out for this type of stuff??

1 Like

Re: Chidinma Ojukwu: What She Needs Now Is A Good Lawyer by grandlexuz(m): 12:51pm On Jun 27, 2021
donbachi:
Murder She wrote.

Chaka Demus and Pliers..Lol
Re: Chidinma Ojukwu: What She Needs Now Is A Good Lawyer by Christane: 12:58pm On Jun 27, 2021
she might av commited d crime out of self defence bt d fact z dat after smoking alot she did it under d influence of d drugs she consume ..bt stil went ahead to withdraw money after killing d man out of self defence as she claim ..dat z a criminal act dat cud be term as robbery ...death sentence will be too harsh for her ...bt a jail term wud be better ..
Re: Chidinma Ojukwu: What She Needs Now Is A Good Lawyer by DDDEnterprises: 1:07pm On Jun 27, 2021
From Cameroon? You're welcome. grin
Re: Chidinma Ojukwu: What She Needs Now Is A Good Lawyer by WeNoGoDie(m): 1:27pm On Jun 27, 2021
Christane:
she might av commited d crime out of self defence bt d fact z dat after smoking alot she did it under d influence of d drugs she consume ..bt stil went ahead to withdraw money after killing d man out of self defence as she claim ..dat z a criminal act dat cud be term as robbery ...death sentence will be too harsh for her ...bt a jail term wud be better ..

She didn't commit the crime out of self defense. This lady is a hard core yahoo girl that planned to cash out.

She uses foreign sim cards. She has fake drivers License with her pictures on it. She booked the accommodation by carefully hiding her identity including using face mask and hiding her phone number.

So many other details that tells you the girl was out for a big drop but it went wrong.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chidinma Ojukwu: What She Needs Now Is A Good Lawyer by grandlexuz(m): 1:42pm On Jun 27, 2021
anselm791:
Interesting take Doc,
but however good a lawyer she gets, be rest assured that the billionaire's family can afford 10 times better.
I do agree she needs the public sympathy but is she deserving of one?
Whatever the context might be, SHE KILLED A MAN, it's now just a question of how much TIME she will do.

Is she deserving of one is certainly a good question. However with her status being an alleged murderer there is that much we can't conclude at the moment. That the man's family has all the connection and money it takes to see her face the hangman, is a good enough reason for her to be fairly represented.

She did kill a man and the circumstances leading to it could make a big difference. Personally I think the motive was financial, but then again in the absence of CCTV in that room we can only conjecture what transpired based on media evidence. A good lawyer could certainly go a long way to decide how much time she will do.
Re: Chidinma Ojukwu: What She Needs Now Is A Good Lawyer by anselm791(m): 1:53pm On Jun 27, 2021
grandlexuz:

Is she deserving of one is certainly a good question. However with her status being an alleged murderer there is that much we can't conclude at the moment. That the man's family has all the connection and money it takes to see her face the hangman, is a good enough reason for her to be fairly represented.

She did kill a man and the circumstances leading to it could make a big difference. Personally I think the motive was financial, but then again in the absence of CCTV in that room we can only conjecture what transpired based on media evidence. A good lawyer could certainly go a long way to decide how much time she will do.

Alright doc, she is a CONFESSED Murderer, there's no question about that.
I don't think the motives is important as there really isnt any case here.
Any lawyer should know the smart thing to do now is enter a plea bargain for reduced sentence.
PS: I'm no lawyer either, just watch too many law movies.

1 Like

Re: Chidinma Ojukwu: What She Needs Now Is A Good Lawyer by DWJOBScom(m): 1:56pm On Jun 27, 2021
I don't think the OP listened to her story.
An amateur lawyer will even do better.
First they have been seeing each other for 4 months - not a prostitute arrangement but a relationship.
Next she said NO and he raped her!
He locked the door and hid the key - why??
They was a physical fight when he pushed her against the wall before she ran to the kitchen out of fear.
Remember he is a former amateur boxer which makes the suspect vulnerable hence she had to defend herself.
After the second stab on the victim's neck , there was a struggle with the knife where she got cut on her hand and the final stab on his stomach. She acknowledged he was weak from stab to his neck that the knife slipped off his hand and dropped to the ground which gave her the strength to subdue him and stab him the third time.
She took out time to change her cloth , look for the key and left the apartment.

He shouldn't have locked the door!!

The documents found during her arrest is not relevant to the case since you don't have a proof she got the apartment using them.
Re: Chidinma Ojukwu: What She Needs Now Is A Good Lawyer by grandlexuz(m): 2:06pm On Jun 27, 2021
DDDEnterprises:
From Cameroon? You're welcome. grin

Na me suppose welcome you na. I have been on nairaland as far back as 06.

1 Like

Re: Chidinma Ojukwu: What She Needs Now Is A Good Lawyer by WeNoGoDie(m): 2:19pm On Jun 27, 2021
DWJOBScom:
First they have been seeing each other for 4 months - not a prostitute arrangement but a relationship.
They was a physical fight when he pushed her against the wall before she ran to the kitchen out of fear.
Remember he is a former amateur boxer which makes the suspect vulnerable hence she had to defend herself.
After the second stab on the victim's neck , there was a struggle with the knife where she got cut on her hand and the final stab on his stomach. She acknowledged he was weak from stab to his neck that the knife slipped off his hand and dropped to the ground which gave her the strength to subdue him and stab him the third time.
She took out time to change her cloth , look for the key and left the apartment.

The documents found during her arrest is not relevant to the case since you don't have a proof she got the apartment using them.

Clap for yourself?? You got these details exactly how??... let me guess, because its her account of the story therefore they must be embraced as facts.

A lady that came to have sex with her guy and even took drugs to get high and make her last long suddenly claims the man locked the doors and tried to rape her and everybody believes her.

A lady that clearly confessed she takes hard drugs since admission into campus. A lady that has fake drivers license with a fake name and uses international sim cards that yahoo girls use to con men is a person you choose to count her words as facts.

Common sense is not common after all.

7 Likes

Re: Chidinma Ojukwu: What She Needs Now Is A Good Lawyer by grandlexuz(m): 2:26pm On Jun 27, 2021
DWJOBScom:

You sound very much like the charge and bail lawyers Mama G often talks of in Nigerian films. grin grin.. It's her word against a dead man's; in this case most likely represented by a state counsel who would seek to discredit the girls story. The state will never buy her story of rape. Already the are looking at accomplices believing she didn't act alone.

A fake drivers License bearing her face and another name paints her as a fraudster and will stand another count charge of possession of a fake document while painting her words as unreliable. Her body devoid of visible fight marks and agresion are not consistent with self defense etc.

Like you said she acknowledged he was weak from the previous two neck stabs and instead of screaming for help she went ahead to give a fatal stab sustaining no punch in the process. Hers is not a story of self defense.

5 Likes

Re: Chidinma Ojukwu: What She Needs Now Is A Good Lawyer by grandlexuz(m): 2:29pm On Jun 27, 2021
WeNoGoDie:

Clap for yourself?? You got these details exactly how??... let me guess, because its her account of the story therefore they must be embraced as facts.

A lady that came to have sex with her guy and even took drugs to get high and make her last long suddenly claims the man locked the doors and tried to rape her and everybody believes her.

A lady that clearly confessed she takes hard drugs since admission into campus. A lady that has fake drivers license with a fake name and uses international sim cards that yahoo girls use to con men is a person you choose to count her words as facts.

Common sense is not common after all.

Hahaha. Can you imagine. According to him the girls version is a FACT that can't be discredited by prosecutors..

1 Like

Re: Chidinma Ojukwu: What She Needs Now Is A Good Lawyer by grandlexuz(m): 2:36pm On Jun 27, 2021
anselm791:

Alright doc, she is a CONFESSED Murderer, there's no question about that.
I don't think the motives is important as there really isnt any case here.
Any lawyer should know the smart thing to do now is enter a plea bargain for reduced sentence.
PS: I'm no lawyer either, just watch too many law movies.

Haha. You definitely are on the right side of things though this legal movies can be very interesting and yet misleading.. grin grin.. I had a good time with both SUITS and BOSTON LEGAL.. If you visit Cameroon someday do hook me up for a good watch.. grin grin
I might be wrong but I don't think plea bargain is a part of Nigerian legal system. I see her fighting this with a rape claim till the very end. A man died, a billionaire at that, she definitely will go down.

1 Like

Re: Chidinma Ojukwu: What She Needs Now Is A Good Lawyer by WeNoGoDie(m): 2:37pm On Jun 27, 2021
grandlexuz:

Hahaha. Can you imagine. According to him the girls version is a FACT that can't be discredited by prosecutors..

Oboy I wonder ohh!! You go everywhere online and everyone is literally taking all the girls words as Biblical truth.

I mean totally ignoring the fact that this girl like every other criminal in the past will add some false narratives to make her look like the victim.
Re: Chidinma Ojukwu: What She Needs Now Is A Good Lawyer by grandlexuz(m): 2:50pm On Jun 27, 2021
WeNoGoDie:

Oboy I wonder ohh!! You go everywhere online and everyone is literally taking all the girls words as Biblical truth.

I mean totally ignoring the fact that this girl like every other criminal in the past will add some false narratives to make her look like the victim.

Nigeria for you. I will not be surprised if it soon takes a tribal narrative.. Prosecutors have so much to discredit the girl as a lier and cold blooded murderer.

- A fake drivers license bearing her face and different name
-Steals a dead man's ATM card and Phone
-Witdraws money from it while he is soaked in a pool of blood, dead.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chidinma Ojukwu: What She Needs Now Is A Good Lawyer by anselm791(m): 2:57pm On Jun 27, 2021
grandlexuz:

Haha. You definitely are on the right side of things though this legal movies can be very interesting and yet misleading.. grin grin.. I had a good time with both SUITS and BOSTON LEGAL.. If you visit Cameroon someday do hook me up for a good watch.. grin grin
I might be wrong but I don't think plea bargain is a part of Nigerian legal system. I see her fighting this with a rape claim till the very end. A man died, a billionaire at that, she definitely will go down.

Oh yeah I will hold you on that doc.
I actually never left Nigeria before and I won't want this passport to expire again without a trip. lol.
Wait you said you're a herbalist, care to explain?
Re: Chidinma Ojukwu: What She Needs Now Is A Good Lawyer by RMoneyInTheBank: 2:58pm On Jun 27, 2021
grandlexuz:

Not at all but she deserves a fair representation. A good lawyer could shed the facts better than you and I. I don't know how the legal system works in Nigeria but its Chidinma Vs The People. A state counsel or prosecutor should be the one prosecuting her. In most cases the only care about their promotion..
... yes it is chidinma vs the people and we like it that way. Derek Michael Chauvin employed the service of a good lawyer but yet he got sentenced... It is not about a good lawyer... But the evidence that will be tendered in court. With the available evidence, no good lawyer can save her. You expect the people to support her ? What right does she have to take a life ? Floyd was suspected to have bought something with a fake dollar bill which lead to his death, but at the end, no one talked about the alleged fake dollar bill... People wanted justice because the life of Floyd was way important that the alleged fake dollar bill.... Same in this case, a life has been lost... Whether he was 29 years older, whether he was cheating does not count. Murder is Murder

making those financial transactions after killing him has made it impossible for any lawyer in the world to save her. Murder cases are no joke... Life is involved bro

4 Likes

Re: Chidinma Ojukwu: What She Needs Now Is A Good Lawyer by WeNoGoDie(m): 3:01pm On Jun 27, 2021
grandlexuz:

Nigeria for you. I will not be surprised if it soon takes a tribal narrative.. Prosecutors have so much to discredit the girl as a lier and cold blooded murderer.

- A fake drivers license bearing her face and different name
-Steals a dead man's ATM card and Phone
-Witdraws money from it while he is soaked in a pool of blood, dead.

There's even more:

-She uses international sim cards that yahoo guys and girls use.

- She's been doing hard drugs from first year in Unilag.

- Also the accounts of the owner of the service apartment they used has so many details that implicates the girl.

What people should be asking at this point is: are there other men that this girl has killed or duped in similar ways in the past.

4 Likes

Re: Chidinma Ojukwu: What She Needs Now Is A Good Lawyer by grandlexuz(m): 3:05pm On Jun 27, 2021
anselm791:

Oh yeah I will hold you on that doc.
I actually never left Nigeria before and I won't want this passport to expire again without a trip. lol.
Wait you said you're a herbalist, care to explain?

You are welcome anytime anyday.
I'm actually a Pharmacognosist which is actually the natural section of Pharmacology. It is the natural science of natural drug research and production. This 70% of the time involves herbs and other times marine life, mushrooms etc..

I have a Ph.D in Pharmacognosy and could very much turn any active ingredient of a herb into standardised tablet for easy intake and effectivity. Working on something for Hepatitis B so when you see me on CNN no surprise . cheesy grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chidinma Ojukwu: What She Needs Now Is A Good Lawyer by anselm791(m): 3:10pm On Jun 27, 2021
grandlexuz:

You are welcome anytime anyday.
I'm actually a Pharmacognosist which is actually the natural section of Pharmacology. It is the natural science of natural drug research and production. This 70% of the time involves herbs and other times marine life, mushrooms etc..

I learn new stuffs everyday on this forum!
And it makes absolute sense being inferred to as a herbalist. lol
So where does a Pharmacognosist work in Cameroun? Cause I'm sure they work in a Bank here in Naija.

1 Like

Re: Chidinma Ojukwu: What She Needs Now Is A Good Lawyer by grandlexuz(m): 3:27pm On Jun 27, 2021
anselm791:

I learn new stuffs everyday on this forum!
And it makes absolute sense being inferred to as a herbalist. lol
So where does a Pharmacognosist work in Cameroun? Cause I'm sure they work in a Bank here in Naija.

The problem is in Africa Spiritualists are being referred to as Herbalists. However for good reason. Most of them experiment with herbs but portray the spirits as the healing force behind the herbs. Atsuch even those who do incantations and invoke spirits put herbs at the forefront.

With a Ph.D in Pharmacognosy I have my own pharmaceutical research center. I was once a businessman but when I developed a rare tumour known as Pheochromocytoma a few years back I decided to switch career. With a Masters Degree in the Biochemistry during my business days it was easy for me to do a research Ph.D that brought about my own cure..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chidinma Ojukwu: What She Needs Now Is A Good Lawyer by anselm791(m): 3:39pm On Jun 27, 2021
grandlexuz:

The problem is in Africa Spiritualists are being referred to as Herbalists. However for good reason. Most of them experiment with herbs but portray the spirits as the healing force behind the herbs. Atsuch even those who do incantations and invoke spirits put herbs at the forefront.

With a Ph.D in Pharmacognosy I have my own pharmaceutical research center. I was once a businessman but when I developed a rare tumour known as Pheochromocytoma a few years back I decided to switch career. With a Masters Degree in the Biochemistry during my business days it was easy for me to do a research Ph.D that brought about my own cure..

Ohhhh alternative medicine? I have my bias and prejudice as many of them cases end up with contemporary medicine.
They are quite unpopular here in Nigeria too, I honestly didn't know you have to go to school for it.
There are many things I don't know doc, like how herbs can cure an adrenal gland turmor?
Re: Chidinma Ojukwu: What She Needs Now Is A Good Lawyer by Buffalo2(m): 3:53pm On Jun 27, 2021
A good lawyer or a good lier
Re: Chidinma Ojukwu: What She Needs Now Is A Good Lawyer by grandlexuz(m): 4:51pm On Jun 27, 2021
anselm791:

Ohhhh alternative medicine? I have my bias and prejudice as many of them cases end up with contemporary medicine.
They are quite unpopular here in Nigeria too, I honestly didn't know you have to go to school for it.
There are many things I don't know doc, like how herbs can cure an adrenal gland turmor?

Herbs and natural substances can do a lot. Most synthetic drugs can be traced to natural substances. A typical example is aspirin which has its orgin from the willow bark tree. You must have heard of Quinine too even Artemeter the popular drug for malaria. The can all be traced to plants. Captopril an effective ACEI for high blood pressure can be traced to snake venom and that too is natural source. Most drugs are either synthetic, semi syntgetic or natural. That a drug is natural doesnt make it alternative medicine.

Alternative medicines just means medicine that is untested or unproven scientifically but is accepted by a people or culture to bring about healing. It is being promoted by the WHO. However being untested brings quacks into it making it risky most times for patients. Still the have their value in society making a difference in rural settings and even cities in places across the US

This is where a Pharmacognosist comes in. A pharmacognosists is a skilled professional scientist who is able to research on natural substances bring out or isolate the active ingredient in them in a lab, turn them into medicines for tests and trials that could see them hit the pharmacy shelf.

Some of them work as researchers in Pharmaceutical companies like Pfizer. The could also work in the agriculture industry producing insecticides, pesticides etc of natural origin, cosmetic industry isolating natural substances needed in Organic Cosmetics, Regulatory Bodies testing medicines or food products. So you would expect a NAFDAC lab to have Pharmacognosist testing products to ascertain the effective and safe. You will also find them in pharmaceutical that produce suplements since most of them are of natural and dietary origin.

In other words a pharmacognosist is a pharmacologist who works with substsnces of natural origins. Some Pharmacognosists are Medical doctors or Pharmacist who later pursued a Ph.D in Pharmacognosy. Google American Society of Pharmacognosist to get a better idea..

Some years back in Nigeria Pharmacognosists came together and produced a drug called Niprisan. It was based on research of four local herbs used in Nigeria for sickle cell anemia. Through scientific research the isolated the active molecules from these herbs and turned them into a tablet. It turned out to be one of the most effective and cheapest drug ever made for sickle cell after trials.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chidinma Ojukwu: What She Needs Now Is A Good Lawyer by anselm791(m): 5:08pm On Jun 27, 2021
grandlexuz:

Herbs and natural substances can do a lot. Most synthetic drugs can be traced to natural substances. A typical example is aspirin which has its orgin from the willow bark tree. You must have heard of Quinine too even Artemeter the popular drug for malaria. The can all be traced to plants. Captopril an effective ACEI for high blood pressure can be traced to snake venom and that too is natural source. Most drugs are either synthetic, semi syntgetic or natural. That a drug is natural doesnt make it alternative medicine.

Alternative medicines just means medicine that is untested or unproven scientifically but is accepted by a people or culture to bring about healing. It is being promoted by the WHO. However being untested brings quacks into it making it risky most times for patients. Still the have their value in society making a difference in rural settings and even cities in places across the US

This is where a Pharmacognosist comes in. A pharmacognosists is a skilled professional scientist who is able to research on natural substances bring out or isolate the active ingredient in them in a lab, turn them into medicines for tests and trials that could see them hit the pharmacy shelf.

Some of them work as researchers in Pharmaceutical companies like Pfizer. The could also work in the agriculture industry producing insecticides, pesticides etc of natural origin, cosmetic industry isolating natural substances needed in Organic Cosmetics, Regulatory Bodies testing medicines or food products. So you would expect a NAFDAC lab to have Pharmacognosist testing products to ascertain the effective and safe. You will also find them in pharmaceutical that produce suplements since most of them are of natural and dietary origin.

In other words a pharmacognosist is a pharmacologist who works with substsnces of natural origins. Some Pharmacognosists are Medical doctors or Pharmacist who later pursued a Ph.D in Pharmacognosy. Google American Society of Pharmacognosist to get a better idea..

Some years back in Nigeria Pharmacognosists came together and produced a drug called Niprisan. It was based on research of four local herbs used in Nigeria for sickle cell anemia. Through scientific research the isolated the active molecules from these herbs and turned them into a tablet. It turned out to be one of the most effective and cheapest drug ever made for sickle cell after trials.

You've opened my mind to so much.
Thank you for taking the time out.

2 Likes

Re: Chidinma Ojukwu: What She Needs Now Is A Good Lawyer by Ilekokonit: 2:53am On Jun 28, 2021
grandlexuz:

More grease to your elbows. Keep up the good work. You are making Africans Proud.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Imo Attack: Gunmen Killed Army Couple In Front Of Bride’s Mum And Daughter / Face Of 19-yr-old Mother Who Specialises In Smearing Her Underwear, Private Part / Man Reportedly Robs Bank, Throws Money Into The Air And Yells, “merry Christmas”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.