Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,899 members, 7,834,984 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Man Beats His Wife To Death In Edo Over N2,000 - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Beats His Wife To Death In Edo Over N2,000 (26601 Views)

Man Kills And Buries His Cousin In Edo Over N2 Million (Graphic Photos) / Man Beats His Wife After She Blocked Police From Arresting Him (Disturbing Pics) / Congolese Man Beats His Wife To Death After 2 Years Of Marriage (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Beats His Wife To Death In Edo Over N2,000 by SATANICALLY: 2:45pm On Jun 27, 2021
A 45-year-old man simply identified as Mr Christopher, on Saturday night beat his wife to death over argument on N2,000.

The incident happened at 1, Agbontaen Street, beside Ebvareke Secondary School, off Agboniro street, Uselu, Benin City.

The man was said to have pounced on his wife, Mrs Isoken Christopher, following her failure to give him the N2,000 loan he requested from her.

The eldest child of the deceased woman, who is a mother of three, Augustine Christopher, noted that his mother was hale and hearthy before the sad incident.

The 13-year-old boy explained that his father who is a menial worker with a waste manager in Benin City, always assault his late mother at the slightest provocation.

According to him, the incident that led to his mother’s death started with a phone call from his father to his mother and requested for N2,000.

“Following the call, my father came home at about 9pm and started beating her and accused her of always embarrassing him each time he requested for money.

“After the beating, I tried to give my mother paracetamol and water she asked for when my father took the water and drug from me and threw them away.

“It was after then she went out to pour water on her body and later lie down outside.

“My father locked us (children) inside the room and went out to pounce on my mother where she was lying down outisde, already weak from the beating.

“That was when neighbours came and rushed her to two different hospitals where she was both pronounced death on arrival,” he narrated.

The young boy said that his father smokes and was always drunk.

Similarly, a neighbour to the deceased, Mrs Florence Obahiagbon, said it was the noise from the beating that brought them outside.

“On getting outside, we met the man beating his wife and usually we tried to revive her by pouring water on her because she was weak by then.

“We rushed her to two hospitals within the neighbourhood where they both said she was dead on arrival.

“We invited vigilante that responded swiftly and they caught the deceased’s husband who was then trying to escape after committing the crime,” Obahiagbon said.

She further said that the deceased was hale and hearthy as they had both attended the same party earlier in the day where she (deceased) participated in serving guests at the same party.

She described the deceased as a hard working woman who operated a fashion shop in a caravan in front of their rented apartment where they occupies a room and parlour.

Obahiagbon said that the corpse of te deceased was taken away by the Police from the New Benin Station.

When contacted, the Edo State Police spokesman, SP Bello Kontongs, confirmed the tragic incident but added that he was yet to be fully briefed on the matter.

https://leadership.ng/man-45-beats-wife-to-death-in-edo-over-n2000/

3 Likes

Re: Man Beats His Wife To Death In Edo Over N2,000 by MadamVanessa(f): 2:45pm On Jun 27, 2021
The idiot of the husband should be hang on his scrotal sag, and his uselessss head facing downward.

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Beats His Wife To Death In Edo Over N2,000 by SportsHD: 2:47pm On Jun 27, 2021
Benin city plus bad father figure and dead mother plus being a young 13 year old in big ol benin city?

I hope the boy turns out well.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Beats His Wife To Death In Edo Over N2,000 by NwaAmaikpe: 2:51pm On Jun 27, 2021
shocked

You won't understand the husband's plight if you've never been at the financial mercy of your wife.

I can only imagine the frustration of the husband calling up his wife in front of a debtor with the phone on speaker to ask for a soft loan and then have her rain all the abuses in the world on him.

I won't be shocked too if it wasn't him who took her from obscurity to the financially comfortable level of having a 2k to spare.
That's exactly what these women brought from Nigeria to come study Nursing in the US do.

It doesn't justify him beating her to death but why did God tell us that wives are helpmates when 70% of them would never help out financially in the home even if they could?

This is a lesson to all gold-digging men. The only submissive wife is the broke wife.
Who born Mama Ramotu to talk to me anyhow when she knows that she can not buy Sanitary pad without me.

Never allow your wife get richer than you, because the shrewd treachery and bad mouth of a rich wife can make a broke husband do what this man has just done.

131 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Man Beats His Wife To Death In Edo Over N2,000 by FarahAideed: 2:52pm On Jun 27, 2021
90 percent of marriages are absolute nonsense and a sufferfest

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Beats His Wife To Death In Edo Over N2,000 by Freestainworld(m): 2:52pm On Jun 27, 2021
If the husband is still alive by now after beating his wife to death, the vigilantes no try, he deserves to be wasted.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Beats His Wife To Death In Edo Over N2,000 by Draslo(m): 2:56pm On Jun 27, 2021
SportsHD:
I hope the boy turns out well.
He could but only in the right environment. It's sad, really mostly because the siblings will most likely be split and could miss the most vital part of being siblings, growing up together.

You see how life be, a billionaire that probably has a personal security detail worth millions died in the hands of a 21 yr old runs girl, another man, striken by poverty, kills his wife for refusing to give him 2k. Money dey, money no dey, wahala no dey finish.

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Beats His Wife To Death In Edo Over N2,000 by aanuoluwami14(f): 2:57pm On Jun 27, 2021
The young boy said that his father smokes and was always drunk.

Similarly, a neighbour to the deceased, Mrs Florence Obahiagbon, said it was the noise from the beating that brought them outside

Red signs of bad husband

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Beats His Wife To Death In Edo Over N2,000 by Kriss216: 2:57pm On Jun 27, 2021
Marriage is overrated!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Beats His Wife To Death In Edo Over N2,000 by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jun 27, 2021
Hian
Re: Man Beats His Wife To Death In Edo Over N2,000 by Isusugbaghada: 3:00pm On Jun 27, 2021
Sincerely some men are foolish

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Beats His Wife To Death In Edo Over N2,000 by illicit(m): 3:01pm On Jun 27, 2021
shocked

1 Like

Re: Man Beats His Wife To Death In Edo Over N2,000 by kcnwaigbo: 3:02pm On Jun 27, 2021
MadamVanessa:
The idiot of the husband should be hang on his scrotal sag, and his uselessss head facing downward.
This same Vanessa was defending Chidimma the cursed murderer of Micheal Ataga.See how she has gone full 360 degrees because the victim in this case is a woman.

Let's condemn crime and not view everything from the gender angle.

108 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Man Beats His Wife To Death In Edo Over N2,000 by RoyalBlu(f): 3:04pm On Jun 27, 2021
What a sad way to die.

A man that's supposed to be her "protector" ends up being her killer sad

I feel really bad for the children. May she rest in peace.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Beats His Wife To Death In Edo Over N2,000 by Kandeed: 3:13pm On Jun 27, 2021
MadamVanessa:

I have no problem with you....my own problem would be with those guys who were muscle strong defending chidinma and who would again come to hypocritically ask for the head of this man

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Beats His Wife To Death In Edo Over N2,000 by mariahAngel(f): 3:22pm On Jun 27, 2021
[s]
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

You won't understand the husband's plight if you've never been at the financial mercy of your wife.

I can only imagine the frustration of the husband calling up his wife in front of a debtor with the phone on speaker to ask for a soft loan and then have her rain all the abuses in the world on him.

I won't be shocked too if it wasn't him who brought her from obscurity to the financially comfortable level of having a 2k to spare.
That's exactly what these women brought from Nigeria to come study Nursing in the US do.

It doesn't justify him beating her to death but why did God tell us that wives are helpmates when 70% of them would never help out financially in the home even if they could?

This is a lesson to all gold-digging men. The only submissive wife is the broke wife.
Never allow your wife get richer than you, because the shrewd treachery and bad mouth of a rich wife can make a broke husband do what this man has just done.
[/s]

Gibberish!

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Beats His Wife To Death In Edo Over N2,000 by Monogamy: 3:23pm On Jun 27, 2021
Whether the misunderstanding is about N2,000 or N2m, evil people would still carry out their evil act

12 Likes

Re: Man Beats His Wife To Death In Edo Over N2,000 by Mayng01(m): 3:33pm On Jun 27, 2021
Rip to the deceased

1 Like

Re: Man Beats His Wife To Death In Edo Over N2,000 by BKayy: 3:37pm On Jun 27, 2021
MadamVanessa:
Chai, will you recommend hanging a lady by her nipples for any crime?

7 Likes

Re: Man Beats His Wife To Death In Edo Over N2,000 by BKayy: 3:39pm On Jun 27, 2021
I maintain my stance,
I am not passing judgement until I hear from the man.
Always resist the attempt to be manipulated by feminists

1 Like

Re: Man Beats His Wife To Death In Edo Over N2,000 by mysticwarrior(m): 3:40pm On Jun 27, 2021
The man should not be allowed to see another 365days on earth, what an animal.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Beats His Wife To Death In Edo Over N2,000 by Tinubuadvocate: 3:53pm On Jun 27, 2021
[s]
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I won't be shocked too if it wasn't him who took her from obscurity to the financially comfortable level of having a 2k to spare.

Who born Mama Ramotu to talk to me anyhow when she knows that she can not buy Sanitary pad without me.

[/s] nonsense.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Beats His Wife To Death In Edo Over N2,000 by kcnwaigbo: 3:53pm On Jun 27, 2021
Kandeed:

I have no problem with you....my own problem would be with those guys who were muscle strong defending chidinma and who would again come to hypocritically ask for the head of this man
She was amongst those defending Chidimma

3 Likes

Re: Man Beats His Wife To Death In Edo Over N2,000 by AuroraB(f): 4:33pm On Jun 27, 2021
Note: he's been beating her before now. Didn't she see this coming
Abi, na only Usifo Ataga una sabi to blame nii
A puom�‍��‍��‍��‍��‍��‍��‍��‍�

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Beats His Wife To Death In Edo Over N2,000 by Graxie(f): 4:38pm On Jun 27, 2021
She caused her death, imagine collecting beating always and being poured water on to come back alive.

When you allow religious fanatics, blind women and failed nairaland urchins to tell you "to endure, it's for better and for worse, God hates divorce, stay for your children, pray for him, dress sexy "bla bla, you will always end up like this.

How many of us know our bp reading? Good for her, she died as MRS, leaving behind children and her horseband.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Beats His Wife To Death In Edo Over N2,000 by RichBoy247: 8:55pm On Jun 27, 2021
Simple case.

Anyone that kills should be killed in return

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Beats His Wife To Death In Edo Over N2,000 by badboyTee(m): 11:48pm On Jun 27, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

much love bro ..

8 Likes

Re: Man Beats His Wife To Death In Edo Over N2,000 by BF69BF: 9:44am On Jun 28, 2021
Who don die don die, it's a brand new day, ojo aje grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hoodlums Clash In Ile-Epo, Lagos, Set Market On Fire (Photo, Video) / Robbers Attack Union Bank In Ekiti, Two Feared Dead / Man Stabbed To Death By Customs Officer Along Enugu Expressway. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.