Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,980 members, 7,817,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Akintoye, Nwodo, Turaki, Others Warn IMF, World Bank As Nigeria Loans Hit N33trn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akintoye, Nwodo, Turaki, Others Warn IMF, World Bank As Nigeria Loans Hit N33trn (1163 Views)

EFCC To Appeal Turaki, Others’ Acquittal / Tough Policies: IMF, World Bank Take Over Nigeria’s Economy - TribuneOnline / Buhari Begs IMF, World Bank To Cancel Nigeria’s Debts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akintoye, Nwodo, Turaki, Others Warn IMF, World Bank As Nigeria Loans Hit N33trn by iwaeda: 5:23pm On Jun 27, 2021
Scores of Nigerian statesmen and activists have cautioned the international community against approving additional loans to the federal government.

The members of Nigerian Indigenous Nationalities Alliance for Self-Determination (NINAS) gave the warning on Sunday.

According to the Debt Management Office (DMO), as of December 2020, Nigeria’s external debt was around N33trillion.

In a statement, Chairman, Steering Committee of NINAS, Folashade Olukoya, expressed dismay about the huge financial obligation.

The body declared that Nigeria is now a nation with questionable sovereignty, stressing that borrowing a “disputed project” loan was an act of negligence.

Buhari sends delegation to Enugu over Nwodo’s death

The citizens were signatories to the Constitutional Force Majure (CFM) declared December 16th 2020 on the 1999 Constitution of Nigeria.

They include ex-Military Vice-President, Commodore Ebitu Ukiwe (rtd); ex-Plateau Governor, Jonah Jang; Second Republic Senator, Banji Akintoye; ex-President-General, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Nnia Nwodo; Prof. Yusuf Turaki and 124 others.

The statement advised the World Bank, International Monetary Fund, African Union, European Union, United Nations, United States, and others to stop lending.

“New reaching the Nigerian Indigenous Nationalities Alliance for Self-Determination (NINAS) says that the Nigerian government has taken on further loans.

“Again, we remind the International Community that Nigeria is now a disputed project. This was articulated in our Press Conference of 16 December 2020, when we declared a Constitutional Force Majeure.

“Subsequent activities as articulated at Press Conferences of 17 March 2021, and 17 April 2021 emphasise that Nigeria remains a disputed project. Knowing this and lending to a disputed project can only be considered negligence.

“For the avoidance of doubt, the Indigenous Nations will not, and cannot be expected to repay such loans or allow their assets to be used as collateral to offset the loans”, NINAS noted. https://dailypost.ng/2021/06/27/akintoye-nwodo-turaki-others-warn-imf-world-bank-as-nigeria-loans-hit-n33trn/amp/?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akintoye, Nwodo, Turaki, Others Warn IMF, World Bank As Nigeria Loans Hit N33trn by SLAP44: 5:26pm On Jun 27, 2021
Borrowing is good. Let's borrow more.

By the time the Oduduwa nation, Niger Delta nation and Biafra agitators see their share of the huge debt bill, they will decide to leave the agitation and start selling their lands to pay up. You have to impoverish the people with debts before the can get sense.

Let's please borrow more, after all Ahmed Lawan used his own borrowed loot to marry an Arab girl, Pantami, Ahmed Garba, Shehu Garba and el ruffai will also need forth and fifth wives. It's good to borrow.

Good strategy by the federal government. grin
Re: Akintoye, Nwodo, Turaki, Others Warn IMF, World Bank As Nigeria Loans Hit N33trn by DMerciful(m): 5:29pm On Jun 27, 2021
People say Bubu is building infrastructure but he is doing these little infrastructures with 100% borrowed money to be paid by future govts. So the question is who did the infrastructures, Bubu or the payers being the future govts?

2 Likes

Re: Akintoye, Nwodo, Turaki, Others Warn IMF, World Bank As Nigeria Loans Hit N33trn by Augla1: 5:31pm On Jun 27, 2021
Them go gree hear?

1 Like

Re: Akintoye, Nwodo, Turaki, Others Warn IMF, World Bank As Nigeria Loans Hit N33trn by PrinceOfLagos: 5:33pm On Jun 27, 2021
Buhari is borrowing loan to build rail way in Niger republic, using Nigeria as collateral.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akintoye, Nwodo, Turaki, Others Warn IMF, World Bank As Nigeria Loans Hit N33trn by yanabasee1(m): 5:35pm On Jun 27, 2021
The loans isn't my problem.....

What the loan is used for is the point here....What will be the return of investment...? To service the loan, will the next government abandoned the projects or continue and finish some of the projects?

Recently, the rail system have been generating lots of revenue...and I hope that it will be an added advantage to NPA, Custom and co....

Stopping the loan is more like stopping infrastructural development as almost all the countries borrow to raise infrastructures that will bring about development and revenue...

Modified...

Some people quoted me and insulted me...

Let's look at it this way...

if you become a local government chairman... and you're relying on your governor to pay your salary, then you're not fit for any other political position.....

As a local government chairman, you could borrow money to tar express road leading to your local government.. Borrow money to set a standard university or hospital that will generate money and in turn bring about development to some communities around your LGA. You can borrow money to set up an ict hub for the youths to enhance their skills....

I learned this from th former governor of cross river state.

But the problem is always about the measures set aside for the payment of these loans....If that isn't achievable, then the essence of the loan will be useless...
Re: Akintoye, Nwodo, Turaki, Others Warn IMF, World Bank As Nigeria Loans Hit N33trn by Naijanascam: 5:38pm On Jun 27, 2021
A disputed project"this english got me.... but borrowing is in the constitution..... borrowing to pay salaries...

Let the borrowing continue
Re: Akintoye, Nwodo, Turaki, Others Warn IMF, World Bank As Nigeria Loans Hit N33trn by Innerpeace1: 6:06pm On Jun 27, 2021
Naija don go

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akintoye, Nwodo, Turaki, Others Warn IMF, World Bank As Nigeria Loans Hit N33trn by kayusely70(m): 6:28pm On Jun 27, 2021
Innerpeace1:
Naija don go
To a point of no return!
Re: Akintoye, Nwodo, Turaki, Others Warn IMF, World Bank As Nigeria Loans Hit N33trn by DDDEnterprises: 6:30pm On Jun 27, 2021
Innerpeace1:
Naija don go
Wait till I excuse you guys first... then you can "go".
Re: Akintoye, Nwodo, Turaki, Others Warn IMF, World Bank As Nigeria Loans Hit N33trn by slivertongue: 6:56pm On Jun 27, 2021
they sud rather warn the economic illiterate in Aso Rock
Re: Akintoye, Nwodo, Turaki, Others Warn IMF, World Bank As Nigeria Loans Hit N33trn by iwaeda: 8:17pm On Jun 27, 2021
Lalasticlala lend us.
Re: Akintoye, Nwodo, Turaki, Others Warn IMF, World Bank As Nigeria Loans Hit N33trn by Tinubuadvocate: 8:20pm On Jun 27, 2021
But he used the money judiciously what the fvk.
Re: Akintoye, Nwodo, Turaki, Others Warn IMF, World Bank As Nigeria Loans Hit N33trn by KingsCity: 8:26pm On Jun 27, 2021
I have never seen more stewpid government

They never think about how to improve revenues, they only think about how to borrow forgetting that their children will have to pay
Re: Akintoye, Nwodo, Turaki, Others Warn IMF, World Bank As Nigeria Loans Hit N33trn by iwaeda: 10:02pm On Jun 27, 2021
Borrowing without meaningful development.
Re: Akintoye, Nwodo, Turaki, Others Warn IMF, World Bank As Nigeria Loans Hit N33trn by nairanaira12: 10:55pm On Jun 27, 2021
yanabasee1:
The loans isn't my problem.....

What the loan is used for is the point here....What will be the return of investment...? To service the loan, will the next government abandoned the projects or continue and finish some of the projects?

Recently, the rail system have been generating lots of revenue...and I hope that it will be an added advantage to NPA, Custom and co....

Stopping the loan is more like stopping infrastructural development as almost all the countries borrow to raise infrastructures that will bring about development and revenue...

Lolz. Shame on you for reasoning like a cow.

You borrow money to build train into another country.

Does this your reasoning make you sound dumb or idiotic?

1 Like

Re: Akintoye, Nwodo, Turaki, Others Warn IMF, World Bank As Nigeria Loans Hit N33trn by Karlovych: 2:35am On Jun 28, 2021
grin grin I'm sure our darling daddy means well with those loans, he needs to borrow more to be able to complete his mission
Re: Akintoye, Nwodo, Turaki, Others Warn IMF, World Bank As Nigeria Loans Hit N33trn by amuwo1980: 2:37am On Jun 28, 2021
[quote author=yanabasee1 post=103143876]The loans isn't my problem.....

[/quote
You must either very dense or naive or both
Re: Akintoye, Nwodo, Turaki, Others Warn IMF, World Bank As Nigeria Loans Hit N33trn by Grace001: 3:21am On Jun 28, 2021
Loan used for construction of railway to Niger, loan used for endless search of oil in the north.

No problem oo, las las we will all have sense. Na masses I pity because their poverty lifestyle will be raised to power4
Re: Akintoye, Nwodo, Turaki, Others Warn IMF, World Bank As Nigeria Loans Hit N33trn by FunnyJosh: 3:36am On Jun 28, 2021
Cash out
Re: Akintoye, Nwodo, Turaki, Others Warn IMF, World Bank As Nigeria Loans Hit N33trn by iwaeda: 10:03am On Jun 28, 2021
FunnyJosh:
Cash out

Big time!
Re: Akintoye, Nwodo, Turaki, Others Warn IMF, World Bank As Nigeria Loans Hit N33trn by makemoneywbsite: 10:48am On Jun 28, 2021
Soon everyone will throw away their naira. Let them continue borrowing
Re: Akintoye, Nwodo, Turaki, Others Warn IMF, World Bank As Nigeria Loans Hit N33trn by makemoneywbsite: 10:50am On Jun 28, 2021
When you jump to 5000% inflation eye go clear aboki
Re: Akintoye, Nwodo, Turaki, Others Warn IMF, World Bank As Nigeria Loans Hit N33trn by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:52am On Jun 28, 2021
At N33trn owed in debts this government is even trying to borrow more......

I wonder how this country will repay all this debts!
Re: Akintoye, Nwodo, Turaki, Others Warn IMF, World Bank As Nigeria Loans Hit N33trn by Blackfire(m): 12:38pm On Jun 28, 2021
Buhari ( Yoruba made messiah) grin
Re: Akintoye, Nwodo, Turaki, Others Warn IMF, World Bank As Nigeria Loans Hit N33trn by iwaeda: 12:58pm On Jun 28, 2021
Blackfire:
Buhari ( Yoruba made messiah) grin

BMC made messiah. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

Just Like Nigeria, Abraham Lincoln Crushed Secessionists In The US Civil War / For Now We Are No Longer Igbos Or Yoruba / APC At Risk Of All Its Elections, Programes Being Declared Illegal — SAN Adedibe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.