Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Panic In Rivers Community As Herdsman Kills 26-yr-old Man - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Panic In Rivers Community As Herdsman Kills 26-yr-old Man (568 Views)

Suspected Fulani Herdsman Kills 26-year-old Man In Rivers State / Herdsman Kills Osun Farmer, Youths Storm Fulani Settlement / Boko Haram Attacks Madagali, Adamawa, Kills 26 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Panic In Rivers Community As Herdsman Kills 26-yr-old Man by November1857(m): 9:44pm On Jun 27, 2021
Panic in Rivers community as herdsman kills 26-yr-old man
June 27, 2021

By Davies Iheamnachor, PORT HARCOURT

There is panic in the Egbeda community in Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni Local Government Area of Rivers State following the killing is a 26-year-old man by a herdsman.

This was as the residents of the area have lamented continued invasion of their farmlands by suspected Fulani herdsmen.

It was gathered a 26-year-old man, Nonye Nwa-Omoku, was shot dead by a herdsman in the community last Thursday without any provocation.

A source,  who claimed he escaped death by the whisker disclosed that the incident occurred in the evening when they saw a herder approaching their direction.

The source, who preferred anonymity said: “We don’t even know what happened. We just saw the Fulani man coming towards us. Next thing, he shot my direction, I dodged,

“He was now asking, where is that my brother. He followed him and shot him two times. My brother fell. We didn’t do anything to him,” he lamented.”

Meanwhile, a relative of the disease, Confidence Wellington, noted that the residents who are mainly farmers were now afraid of going to their farmlands as a result of the incident.

“Fulani herdsmen have been threatening us and our farmlands. If my people have farmlands of letting me say 200 kilometres, Fulani herdsmen have taken over 107 kilometres.

“If you go into the bush where my people, elders, our mothers are farming, these herdsmen will threaten them and chase them out. Now they have killed my younger brother. So, we are begging the state government to help us, chase away these herdsmen from our community and protect us,” Wellington said.

The Youth President of the Egbeda community, Ifeanyi Ezeocha condemned the incident and urged the people not to take laws into their hands.

Ezeocha said: “We are law-abiding citizens. We don’t want to take laws into our hands. We have reported the activities of the Fulani herdsmen to the police, DSS (Department of State Services).

“Even the Commissioner of Police is aware of what they have been doing here. Now our mothers and fathers are scared of going to the farm because of what just happened. Nobody knows who will be the next. We don’t have any problem with them. They have been grazing in our farmlands. Sometimes they destroy all the crops in our farms with their cows.

“Let the state government and security agencies come to our aid because we cannot continue like this,” he added.

However, spokesman of the state police command, SP. Nnamdi Omoni, confirmed the incident, noting the matter was under investigation.

Omoni said: “The CP (Commissioner of Police) has ordered an investigation into it with a view to unravel what happened and bring anyone found culpable to justice. We have been able to restore normalcy. So for now we have asked all the parties to sheath their swords and await the outcome of our
investigation,”Omoni stated.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/06/panic-in-rivers-community-as-herdsman-kills-26-yr-old-man/

Re: Panic In Rivers Community As Herdsman Kills 26-yr-old Man by SLAP44: 9:45pm On Jun 27, 2021
Rivers state CP: Let's look for any random Igbo looking youths, arrest them and parade them as IPOB youths that killed this young man.

That's their method.

10 Likes

Re: Panic In Rivers Community As Herdsman Kills 26-yr-old Man by Firstorderwizard(m): 9:47pm On Jun 27, 2021
Why should I comment when zombies are still typing........

1 Like

Re: Panic In Rivers Community As Herdsman Kills 26-yr-old Man by lilvicky68(m): 9:47pm On Jun 27, 2021
You guys are wasting time to call on the government unless it isn't true..Ogba people don't take rubbish I'm sure of that..
Re: Panic In Rivers Community As Herdsman Kills 26-yr-old Man by SLAP44: 9:49pm On Jun 27, 2021
Stay there and be reporting to the government as if you have ever seen herdsmen arrested for murder.

Don't start looking for South south Republic till them finish all of you .

1 Like

Re: Panic In Rivers Community As Herdsman Kills 26-yr-old Man by mancoconut: 9:52pm On Jun 27, 2021
That's an Igbo community in Rivers state, if ESN storm there in full force now to get rid of the Fulani bastards, Wike the Benin midget will cry foul and call on the Nigerian army to hunt down ESN operatives...remember it was ESN that chased Fulani bandits away from Agbonchia in Eleme when they cried to the useless midget governor with his Hitler mustache for help with no security been provided for them, and in return the Nigerian army which had gone MIA when Fulani bandits were killing/harassing the Eleme people suddenly came alive and sent war planes to bombard ESN camps.

Nigeria na pure cruise I swear

7 Likes

Re: Panic In Rivers Community As Herdsman Kills 26-yr-old Man by ScamHunter: 9:55pm On Jun 27, 2021
Picking people like berries off the shelf of the supermarket. That's clearly an Igbo community, but like Ikwerre, they're Bini.
Re: Panic In Rivers Community As Herdsman Kills 26-yr-old Man by chatinent: 10:03pm On Jun 27, 2021
Ok o
Re: Panic In Rivers Community As Herdsman Kills 26-yr-old Man by EmekaA125(m): 10:03pm On Jun 27, 2021
Fulani ti take over grin grin grin

Frog voice Wike won't bother bringing the perpetrator to book since he is not IPOB.

Nonsense.
Re: Panic In Rivers Community As Herdsman Kills 26-yr-old Man by limeta(f): 10:24pm On Jun 27, 2021
oh if only esn was your protector but too late for the young man
The community failed the young man.
Re: Panic In Rivers Community As Herdsman Kills 26-yr-old Man by Iceyjayz: 10:25pm On Jun 27, 2021
Herdsmen again
Re: Panic In Rivers Community As Herdsman Kills 26-yr-old Man by Investigative: 10:26pm On Jun 27, 2021
Hmm

Re: Panic In Rivers Community As Herdsman Kills 26-yr-old Man by abouzaid: 10:26pm On Jun 27, 2021
neither the police nor the government would do anything but once the ESN shows up to fight off the Fulani, Wike would send in the military to bomb them with the new planes that he bought specifically for fighting the ESN.

2 Likes

Re: Panic In Rivers Community As Herdsman Kills 26-yr-old Man by Asgard73: 8:01am On Jun 28, 2021
Is normal

Fulani Dey every bush and forest in Nigeria... but some people always chose to liv on lies.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Bandits Device News Ways Or Deceiving Security Agents / Peter Obi: More Highlights As Peter Obi, Shina Pellers Visits Obi Cubana In Oba / President Muhammadu Buhari Treks Back Home After Observing Eid El-kabir Prayer A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.