Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:44 AM

Jude Eze: LASTMA Officials Absconded With My Bleeding Wife, Stole N150,000 - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Jude Eze: LASTMA Officials Absconded With My Bleeding Wife, Stole N150,000 (37235 Views)

Man Cries Out After An Uber Driver Absconded With His Car In Lagos (photos) / Have You Seen This Man: He Absconded With Owner's Bike On The First Day Of Work. / 5 Soldiers Declared Wanted By The Nigerian Army After They Absconded With N600M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jude Eze: LASTMA Officials Absconded With My Bleeding Wife, Stole N150,000 by ogododo: 9:33am On Jun 28, 2021
A Dubai-based businessman, Jude Eze, has accused some personnel of the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority of absconding with his bleeding wife, Sophia, during an arrest.

It was gathered that Jude was arrested on Friday in the Akowonjo area of the state by a combined team of policemen and LASTMA officials for seat belt infringement.

Our correspondent learnt that Sophia was bleeding and could not use the seat belt, but attempts to explain to the LASTMA personnel proved abortive as they allegedly impounded Jude’s vehicle with his wife inside.

The father of four told PUNCH Metro that while he was pleading with the officials to allow him take his wife to hospital, one of them jumped into the car and drove away.

He said, “My wife was not sick before we left the house, but when we got to Egbeda, she started complaining of waist pain. As I was driving from Egbeda to Akowonjo, her complaint got intense and by the time we got to Sweet Sensation before the traffic light at Akowonjo, she wouldn’t let me drive again because blood was coming out from her body; so, I drove into the Sweet Sensation premises, so that she could clean herself up inside their toilet.

“When she came out, I drove towards the traffic light at Akowonjo and it turned red; so, I waited for the traffic light to turn green and while I was waiting, two policemen and two LASTMA personnel came over to where I was; one of the LASTMA officials started recording my car, and the other one used an iron rod to block my tyres.

“I asked them what the problem was and they said that my wife was not using a seat belt; I explained to them that she was bleeding and in discomfort and had to remove it. The officers flared up and said I should not tell them anything about blood since they were not doctors.

“Before I knew it, they started harassing me and searching my car. I had an envelope that contained N10,000 and another one that contained N150,000. My passport and driving licence were in the vehicle and they took them away. While we were there, I told them that my wife was dying, because she was still bleeding, but they turned a deaf ear to my pleas.

“While I was still pleading with them to take the calls of the people I called, one of them entered my car and zoomed off with my wife; so, I started chasing to see if I could meet them, but I noticed that the guy had turned to the other side and I crossed to the side block the car, but the LASTMA official drove back to where the other members of the team were and I started begging one of them, who appeared elderly, but all my pleas were ignored.”

Jude added that while he was begging the officials, he was dragged out of his vehicle, which was driven off again with his wife still inside.

The Enugu State indigene, who said he was pushed into a minibus with number plate AAA 849 YB by the officials, added that he was told to cooperate with them or he would regret his actions.

He added, “My wife kept calling me on the phone that she was dying and asking where I was; I told her that we were coming; so, they drove towards the LASTMA office at PWD, but a Siena vehicle hit their bus from the rear and they stopped to arrest the driver, but the vehicle couldn’t move and they were not willing to leave the driver so, I pleaded with them to allow me to go and save my wife.

“The elderly one among them said I ought to pay N35,000, but I should pay N10,000 and I told him to call the one driving my car that I was coming and would give him N10,000. I asked him about my documents, but he said he could only release my wife and car to me and that I would have to come to their office on Monday to know how much I would pay to get the documents.

“So I quickly went to meet my wife and drove her to hospital; by the time I got there, she was gasping for breath. When we got to the hospital, the doctor was mad at me and asked where I was when I noticed that my wife was bleeding. He said she had lost so much blood; my wife was admitted and given blood transfusion and other treatment.

“The N150,000 that was inside the envelope disappeared; they took the money with my documents. I want justice; I have been in shock, because I thought my wife would die; those officials gave me the intimidation of my life and if they are allowed to go scot free, who knows how many people they will do similar things to.”

When contacted by our correspondent, the General Manager of LASTMA, Olajide Oduyoye, said the agency was investigating the matter.

“We are on top of the matter; we are trying to get the officers involved to parade them tomorrow (Monday) and they will be identified. We are conducting a thorough investigation into the matter,” he stated.

https://punchng.com/lastma-officials-absconded-with-my-bleeding-wife-stole-n150000-businessman/

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jude Eze: LASTMA Officials Absconded With My Bleeding Wife, Stole N150,000 by marshalldgreat(m): 9:34am On Jun 28, 2021
Hmm
Re: Jude Eze: LASTMA Officials Absconded With My Bleeding Wife, Stole N150,000 by beycity(m): 9:35am On Jun 28, 2021
Touts and thugs in Uniform.

113 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jude Eze: LASTMA Officials Absconded With My Bleeding Wife, Stole N150,000 by Queenethofficia: 9:38am On Jun 28, 2021
Nawa ooo

1 Like

Re: Jude Eze: LASTMA Officials Absconded With My Bleeding Wife, Stole N150,000 by Pierocash(m): 9:42am On Jun 28, 2021
Traffic officers are very notorious. Between Lagos State traffic officers and Timariv in Rivers State,I don't know the most notorious.

But Rivers State disbanded Timariv,why is Lagos State not doing same

28 Likes

Re: Jude Eze: LASTMA Officials Absconded With My Bleeding Wife, Stole N150,000 by ogododo: 9:45am On Jun 28, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
You are a fool man you want to kill your wife because your car was pounded. God save you that the woman still alive. However government should look at the complaints of people regard untrained called lastma , before everything get out of the hands .

LASTMA na criminals full dem, go Sura, Oshodi, Berger, Lekki, Berger, Marina, Na pure revenue generator for Lagos. But you get conscience oga, defending evil all around, you dey call somebody fool. God go soon catch you, no qualms.

122 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jude Eze: LASTMA Officials Absconded With My Bleeding Wife, Stole N150,000 by Ifearnoevil: 9:51am On Jun 28, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
You are a fool man you want to kill your wife because your car was pounded. God save you that the woman still alive. However government should look at the complaints of people regard untrained called lastma , before everything get out of the hands .

Typical APC supporter.
So much foolishness and wickedness in one package.

133 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jude Eze: LASTMA Officials Absconded With My Bleeding Wife, Stole N150,000 by ogododo: 9:52am On Jun 28, 2021
Ifearnoevil:

Typical APC supporter.
So much foolishness and wickedness in one package.

I dey wonder how dis urchins dey sleep.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jude Eze: LASTMA Officials Absconded With My Bleeding Wife, Stole N150,000 by vankaid: 10:21am On Jun 28, 2021
Zoo with animals everywhere

8 Likes

Re: Jude Eze: LASTMA Officials Absconded With My Bleeding Wife, Stole N150,000 by Fahdiga1: 10:29am On Jun 28, 2021
In a saner clime the officers would have taken the woman to the hospital first before anything

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jude Eze: LASTMA Officials Absconded With My Bleeding Wife, Stole N150,000 by DoctorDree(m): 10:47am On Jun 28, 2021
Crime everywhere
Re: Jude Eze: LASTMA Officials Absconded With My Bleeding Wife, Stole N150,000 by kingthreat(m): 11:56am On Jun 28, 2021
80% of the employees of Lagos State enforcement agencies i.e Lastma, KAI, NURTW, etc are uneducated touts in uniform.

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jude Eze: LASTMA Officials Absconded With My Bleeding Wife, Stole N150,000 by ogododo: 11:58am On Jun 28, 2021
kingthreat:
80% of the employees of Lagos State enforcement agencies i.e Lastma, KAI, NURTW, etc are uneducated touts in uniform.

No be lie and why Lagos come dirty now. In the days of Fashola no rough like dis.

15 Likes

Re: Jude Eze: LASTMA Officials Absconded With My Bleeding Wife, Stole N150,000 by ogododo: 2:17pm On Jun 28, 2021
When contacted by our correspondent, the General Manager of LASTMA, Olajide Oduyoye, said the agency was investigating the matter.

“We are on top of the matter; we are trying to get the officers involved to parade them tomorrow (Monday) and they will be identified. We are conducting a thorough investigation into the matter,” he stated.

Still dey wait.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jude Eze: LASTMA Officials Absconded With My Bleeding Wife, Stole N150,000 by Karlovych: 2:18pm On Jun 28, 2021
embarassed embarassed A lot of these LASTMA officials are ex-owomida goblins recruited through the drug addict, they keep on displaying their rotten characters all the time

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jude Eze: LASTMA Officials Absconded With My Bleeding Wife, Stole N150,000 by Ceenachi: 3:43pm On Jun 28, 2021
Those guys are so indiscipline. One stopped me on Saturday during the heavy rain, he was so dirty and completely drunk in front of their office in Oshodi, he wore only the lastma trousers and wanted to collect money from me

This lastma officials usually target Igbo people because they know they are always carrying cash around.
I want to state categorically that lastma cannot solve the traffic problems rather than given them power to enforce they should be instructed to control the traffic to flow.
It is clear that the lastma is revenue generator of the Lagos state government,more also the state government are much aware of the huge extortion of lastma officials.

The day lagosians will rise to the occasion End SARS will be like child play if nothing is done on time concerning the lastma issues.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jude Eze: LASTMA Officials Absconded With My Bleeding Wife, Stole N150,000 by Kingcalls: 3:43pm On Jun 28, 2021
Blacks and wickedness

5 Likes

Re: Jude Eze: LASTMA Officials Absconded With My Bleeding Wife, Stole N150,000 by GreaterFuture(m): 3:45pm On Jun 28, 2021
The Country we Live in
Re: Jude Eze: LASTMA Officials Absconded With My Bleeding Wife, Stole N150,000 by bigdammyj: 3:45pm On Jun 28, 2021
Noted
Re: Jude Eze: LASTMA Officials Absconded With My Bleeding Wife, Stole N150,000 by Sunnybay7: 3:45pm On Jun 28, 2021
Tinubu boys

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jude Eze: LASTMA Officials Absconded With My Bleeding Wife, Stole N150,000 by bukxy: 3:46pm On Jun 28, 2021
BUHARI is the root of all evil!

that's all i gat to say.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jude Eze: LASTMA Officials Absconded With My Bleeding Wife, Stole N150,000 by CaptainStephen(m): 3:46pm On Jun 28, 2021
What ! I will reap out their intestines one after the other if they dare try this nonsense with me or how much my wife angry
Re: Jude Eze: LASTMA Officials Absconded With My Bleeding Wife, Stole N150,000 by olaszydaruma(m): 3:47pm On Jun 28, 2021
Tinubu's boys grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jude Eze: LASTMA Officials Absconded With My Bleeding Wife, Stole N150,000 by Chibuzoc(m): 3:47pm On Jun 28, 2021
angry Lastma, Task force, Anti one way etc are group of extortionist created by the Lagos state government. I learnt that the are given daily target. Go to Alausa by digital village and you will pity your fellow lagosians.

1 Like

Re: Jude Eze: LASTMA Officials Absconded With My Bleeding Wife, Stole N150,000 by IkemChris(m): 3:48pm On Jun 28, 2021
The governor is supposed to see this post seriously.... i really miss Ambode seriously.

2 Likes

Re: Jude Eze: LASTMA Officials Absconded With My Bleeding Wife, Stole N150,000 by Quality20(m): 3:48pm On Jun 28, 2021
why aren't graduates employed into lastma

1 Like

Re: Jude Eze: LASTMA Officials Absconded With My Bleeding Wife, Stole N150,000 by saintfizzo(m): 3:50pm On Jun 28, 2021
This country is just a sad place to reside... I've been a victim of Lastma 3 times, I was sick the last time and I was managing myself to the hospital, my offence was that I joined a 3rd lane on the road in traffic and the road is meant for 2 lanes, despite my obvious weak state and apologies, they gave me 10mins to go to the nearest atm and withraw 12k...

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

SWAT Officer Seen Checking Man’s Phone Despite IGP's Warning Against It (Video) / Bandits Kidnap Juwairiyya, Murtala Musa Kore's Daughter / 4 Killed, 7 Injured As Suspected Herdsmen Attack Benue Community (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.