Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,604 members, 7,823,621 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

The Alarming Rate Of Ethnic Bigotry On Nairaland: Let's Discuss - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Alarming Rate Of Ethnic Bigotry On Nairaland: Let's Discuss (480 Views)

The Number Of Igbos Who Cannot Speak The Language Is Alarming! / Meet Wodaabe Men, A Fulani Ethnic Group Who Make-up For Easy Marriage, / Edo People Are Not Witches, Please Stop The Bigotry. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Alarming Rate Of Ethnic Bigotry On Nairaland: Let's Discuss by creampieGod: 11:52am On Jun 28, 2021
With the every day unsavoury happenings in the country, it is a pity that every time a post is made on Nairaland, most Nigerians on the platform choose to ignore the details of the made post and instead judge the news from a biased Cultural/Ethnic angle. This is a development which doesn't sit well with people like me. No doubt, Nigeria is a country plagued by some of the most unfit rulers the world at large has ever known, but that not withstanding it is also a country blessed with human and natural resources the black race has, and will ever have.
I think that if we are ever going to move forward as a people, we should drop the archaic judgements of the condemnable actions of Nigerians(both home and abroad) as a thing of culture. If you are a well travelled and learned Nigerian like I am, you will discover that there are a lot of beautiful people(physically, mentally and otherwise) who come from these same ethnic groups/ cultural background as the same people who wake up every morning with the sole intent of rubbing their ethnicity in the mud. People carry out their everyday actions(good, bad and ugly) as a result of personal decision. No culture in this modern age condones vile practices like Human sacrifice, Rape, Terrorism, Oppression and the likes. Don't feel that because you are hidden by a moniker, you are free to slander and openly abuse people online. STOP CYBER-BULLYING!!
I am an Ibibio boy, and I have known and met with a lot of Nigerians from other cultural backgrounds in my 22yrs on earth.

This is my own view. If you feel otherwise, please feel free to express yourself.

1 Like

Re: The Alarming Rate Of Ethnic Bigotry On Nairaland: Let's Discuss by PlayerMeji: 12:41pm On Jun 28, 2021
It helps to keep NL afloat

Remember Pre-2015, Yoruba used SM like Twitter and Nairaland for propagandist duties on Jonathan because his government did not favor the Yoruba. After achieving the impossible, of dethroning an incumbent president, they took off their feet off the pedal and sat back to savor the taste of victory only to find that the Buhari that was brought to power was a diehard tribalist and enthusiastic bigot.
Immediately the Igbo saw the undeniable slip ups of Buhari they hurriedly took over the Social media space and began to pelt the Buhari administration and of course, the Yoruba nation with a higher dose of the same medicine, propaganda...

Now if you check NL, there are more Igbo sympathizers and posts than Yoruba's and the Igbos have won the battle of NL for now.

1 Like

Re: The Alarming Rate Of Ethnic Bigotry On Nairaland: Let's Discuss by creampieGod: 12:55pm On Jun 28, 2021
PlayerMeji:

Remember Pre-2015, Yoruba used SM like Twitter and Nairaland for propagandist duties on Jonathan because his government did not favor the Yoruba. After achieving the impossible, of dethroning an incumbent president, they took off their feet off the pedal and sat back to savor the taste of victory only to find that the Buhari that was brought to power was a diehard tribalist and enthusiastic bigot.
Immediately the Igbo saw the undeniable slip ups of Buhari they hurriedly took over the Social media space and began to pelt the Buhari administration and of course, the Yoruba nation with a higher dose of the same medicine, propaganda...

Now if you check NL, there are more Igbo sympathizers and posts than Yoruba's and the Igbos have won the battle of NL for now.

It is exactly because of them I made this post. Most of them are IPOB sympathisers, who probably haven't left their hometowns before. Even those who claim to be literate make the most illiterate comments in proper English, and it makes me wonder how their brains work. I understand that everybody cannot always have sense, but it also baffles me what they stand to gain making tribalistic remarks.

1 Like

Re: The Alarming Rate Of Ethnic Bigotry On Nairaland: Let's Discuss by brownemmanuel43(m): 3:45am On Jul 06, 2021
PlayerMeji:

U got the godamn point, West Coast started the whole shit and it all started around 2015. They started the name calling
They started the insults
They started supporting evil in the midst of injustice
But one thing is certain which is what goes around comes around. They are now having taste of their own

(1) (Reply)

Isoko Dictionary; Now On Playstore / Shocking Nigerian Traditions Still In Practice / Police Reportedly Increase Character Certificate Fee From N5,000 To N40,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.