Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,780 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Residents Push Down NEPA Official Who Try To Disconnect Their Electricity. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Residents Push Down NEPA Official Who Try To Disconnect Their Electricity. (1553 Views)

"I Will Rape You" - Man To Electricity Official Who Cut His Wire, Strips Unclad / Residents Beat IBEDC Staff For Trying To Disconnect Their Light. / EFCC Arraigns Philomena Chieshe, JAMB Official Who Claimed Snake Swallowed N36m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Residents Push Down NEPA Official Who Try To Disconnect Their Electricity. by Kayzy8: 1:21pm On Jun 28, 2021
Residents push down NEPA Official who try to disconnect their electricity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FScO1HXHfrI

1 Like

Re: Residents Push Down NEPA Official Who Try To Disconnect Their Electricity. by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 28, 2021
No problem, they will get free electricity...at the expense of those who do pay for power.

Meanwhile, they will continue asking why they don't have power 24/7...and it is because of people in the video who don't want to pay anything for power....

No money to improve things.

3 Likes

Re: Residents Push Down NEPA Official Who Try To Disconnect Their Electricity. by Plomo: 1:35pm On Jun 28, 2021
Beancounter93:
No problem, they will get free electricity...at the expense of those who do pay for power.

Meanwhile, they will continue asking why they don't have power 24/7...and it is because of people in the video who don't want to pay anything for power....

Oya justify billing of N80k per month.

Abi na you dey pay bill pass na

9 Likes

Re: Residents Push Down NEPA Official Who Try To Disconnect Their Electricity. by oscarlamba: 1:43pm On Jun 28, 2021
Omo this na attempted murder, he could be prosecuted for that

3 Likes

Re: Residents Push Down NEPA Official Who Try To Disconnect Their Electricity. by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jun 28, 2021
Plomo:

Oya, where were you when government was holding hearings on privatisation of power in 2013?

You people could have come out enmasse and protested against it. But you all kept quiet.

Now power is privatized, meaning costs go up, and will continue to go up...because discos and gencos need to pay the salaries of their workers, who are ordinary Nigerians like you and me. Government funds them not.

Sorry about that. You should have talked in 2013.

1 Like

Re: Residents Push Down NEPA Official Who Try To Disconnect Their Electricity. by Standing5(m): 1:50pm On Jun 28, 2021
Beancounter93:

Stop speculating foolishly.

1 Like

Re: Residents Push Down NEPA Official Who Try To Disconnect Their Electricity. by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 28, 2021
Standing5:

Stop speculating foolishly.

Did I abuse you?

Also, am I in government?

Anyway, have a good day.

3 Likes

Re: Residents Push Down NEPA Official Who Try To Disconnect Their Electricity. by centoke30(m): 1:53pm On Jun 28, 2021
Na hot water and aboniki balm
Re: Residents Push Down NEPA Official Who Try To Disconnect Their Electricity. by sweetshisha: 1:54pm On Jun 28, 2021
cool

I would not have supported this assualt ... But collecting money for service not rendered is extortion, removing cables and seizing wires dully paid for by the customers is theft

They keep forgetting they are a private company owned by the likes of Atiku, Adeleke and other PDP cronies Jonathan sold us to, they act as if they are still NEPA under Federal Government

Nigeria has a standard billing Kilowatt per hour rating and charges, yet this PDP criminals would not supply needed hours of Electricity yet keep increasing estimated bill

Re: Residents Push Down NEPA Official Who Try To Disconnect Their Electricity. by RisenJoe(m): 1:55pm On Jun 28, 2021
This archaic method of light disconnection must stop along estimated billing regime cos it endangers the lives of phcn officials. Distribute prepaid meter so dat u can pay 4 wat u use nt givin us light for 360hrs in a month and den comin wit an estimated bill worth 1440hrs as the monthly bill....

1 Like

Re: Residents Push Down NEPA Official Who Try To Disconnect Their Electricity. by Plomo: 2:02pm On Jun 28, 2021
Beancounter93:

Oya, where were you when government was holding hearings on privatisation of power in 2013?

You people could have come out enmasse and protested against it. But you all kept quiet.

Now power is privatized, meaning costs go up, and will continue to go up...because discos and gencos need to pay the salaries of their workers, who are ordinary Nigerians like you and me. Government funds them not.

Sorry about that. You should have talked in 2013.

Chances are you don’t live in the country so you have not heard about estimated billing.

Now let me tell you my story; as at December last year, after numerous trips to ikedc office and petitions, my bill went down from 90k to 60k monthly.

I got a prepaid meter installed in May, on the 6th to be precise and I know how much I still paid for for a 3 phase 4 wire meter.

Would you believe that the first 200 units that comes with the meter is what I’m still using till today, 28th June? I think I have about 94 units left.

Now if my calculations are correct, 200 units of electricity will cost about N10,000 +/- when I go to vend the meter.

Please mr protest and mr all knowing. Do the math.

From December to April, I have accrued about N240k in nepa bills save for the 20k,30k I usually pay out of those bills monthly.

I can tell you for a fact that electricity is not expensive. They (distributors) have just decided to be fraudulent because they saw an avenue and good excuse to extort people whom they have refused or slept on giving them prepaid meters.

And you’re here talking about protests. Mtchewww

5 Likes

Re: Residents Push Down NEPA Official Who Try To Disconnect Their Electricity. by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jun 28, 2021
Plomo:

Chances are you don’t live in the country so you have not heard about estimated billing.

Now let me tell you my story; as at December last year, after numerous trips to ikedc office and petitions, my bill went down from 90k to 60k monthly.

I got a prepaid meter installed in May, on the 6th to be precise and I know how much I still paid for for a 3 phase 4 wire meter.

Would you believe that the first 200 units that comes with the meter is what I’m still using till today, 28th June? I think I have about 94 units left.

Now if my calculations are correct, 200 units of electricity will cost about N10,000 +/- when I go to vend the meter.

Please mr protest and mr all knowing. Do the math.

From December to April, I have accrued about N240k in nepa bills save for the 20k,30k I usually pay out of those bills monthly.

I can tell you for a fact that electricity is not expensive. They (distributors) have just decided to be fraudulent because they saw an avenue and good excuse to extort people whom they have refused or slept on giving them prepaid meters.

It's called capitalism

Don't complain to me...the fact is, they are putting more money on your bill from the people who don't pay

People like the ones in the video above.

That is a big part of the reason why I don't have sympathy for them.

40% of Nigerians don't pay for power...putting burden on the 60% who do pay.

If you want to get angry with anyone...get angry with those who don't pay their bills.

Good afternoon
Re: Residents Push Down NEPA Official Who Try To Disconnect Their Electricity. by Plomo: 2:06pm On Jun 28, 2021
Beancounter93:

It's called capitalism

Don't complain to me...the fact is, they are putting more money on your bill from the people who don't pay

People like the ones in the video above.

That is a big part of the reason why I don't have sympathy for them.

40% of Nigerians don't pay for power...putting burden on the 60% who do pay.

If you want to get angry with anyone...get angry with those who don't pay their bills.

Good afternoon

*sigh

Every man to his opinion sha.

2 Likes

Re: Residents Push Down NEPA Official Who Try To Disconnect Their Electricity. by Fuckyoumod: 8:48pm On Jun 28, 2021
Plomo:

Abeg No waste your precious energy on that docile miscreant, na mumu + stupidity they worry am!

1 Like

Re: Residents Push Down NEPA Official Who Try To Disconnect Their Electricity. by ivolt: 9:36pm On Jun 28, 2021
Plomo:

The bold is very false. Electricity is very expensive. That is the reason we don't have regular power and most people are not ready to pay.
I have seen people who complain about estimated billing end up tampering their prepaid meter to
stop reading it is too costly.

These free loaders and serial debtors end up increasing the overall cost for everybody and make investment impossible.
Re: Residents Push Down NEPA Official Who Try To Disconnect Their Electricity. by Plomo: 10:00pm On Jun 28, 2021
ivolt:

The bold is very false. Electricity is very expensive. That is the reason we don't have regular power and most people are not ready to pay.
I have seen people who complain about estimated billing end up tampering their prepaid meter to
stop reading it is too costly.

These free loaders and serial debtors end up increasing the overall cost for everybody and make investment impossible.

We’re generating just enough to go round. It’s the distribution that’s our problem.

Talk to any top brass (that’s your friend) and they’ll tell you that’s the reason we don’t have regular power.

People tampering with their meters are just greedy people.

If estimated billing isn’t a money making venture for them, they would have distributed meters long ago. And trust me, there are meters rotting away in their stores.

Ask any disconnection official that comes to cut your light and they’ll give you the inside info.

They week after my prepaid meter was installed, two separate teams that used to come and remove my wire without knocking on my door came and saw the meter and they were like no more money for them from my compound again. It pained them.
Re: Residents Push Down NEPA Official Who Try To Disconnect Their Electricity. by Spending123: 9:59am On Jun 29, 2021
The bible said it "there shall be no peace for agent of darkness"
Rightousness over to you.

Re: Residents Push Down NEPA Official Who Try To Disconnect Their Electricity. by WibusJaga: 10:45am On Jun 29, 2021
The only way forward:
NEPA must provide Prepaid meter for every customer & then frequently monitor the meters to prevent meter bypass by dubious customers.
They should also enforce severe penalties for people who tamper with meters.
Re: Residents Push Down NEPA Official Who Try To Disconnect Their Electricity. by Xtianah09: 11:55am On Jun 29, 2021
Omo people dey para sha

(1) (Reply)

Video Of Nigeria Policeman Wrapping Igbo On AK47 / Nigerian Poses As Keanu Reeves To Obtain N73m From Greek Woman / This Are For All Those Supporting Happie Boys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.