Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,930 members, 7,817,721 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia (36573 Views)

How To Pay Tuition With Current Cbn Ban On Forex / Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry / Free Tuition In Germany Form Is Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia by Kingzy4pep(m): 6:09pm On Dec 01, 2011
How much is your course? Is it 4 million after your school fees have been paid or 4 million including fees?
Thou, I haven't been able to figure out d exact cost/tuition of d couse, But the 4m is presumed 4 everything. What do u think? Tnx 4 taking ur time out to reply.
Re: Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia by Nobody: 4:03am On Dec 03, 2011
I need to know here much your fees cost, school fees vary, some fees are over 10 grand dollars which if converted to Naira is more than 1.5mil depending on exchange rate. Then we talk about your air fare and enough finance to last you for the first 24 months.
Re: Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia by dustydee: 10:38pm On Dec 04, 2011
@Jenny
Hi all, can someone work in Australia with a UK masters degree?if yes how much can an Engineering graduate hope to earn monthly and how easy is it to get a job there?thanks
Re: Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia by Kingzy4pep(m): 5:44am On Dec 07, 2011
Jenny, Sorry 4 keeping u waiting. I was able to contact the school and I was told dat d tuition is $29400, which is abt 4.7m in naira. That's a whole lot above my budget thou, bt I won't relent. So, what do u think?
Re: Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia by wanaj0: 12:29pm On Dec 07, 2011
Kingzy4pep:

Jenny, Sorry 4 keeping u waiting. I was able to contact the school and I was told dat d tuition is $29400, which is abt 4.7m in naira. That's a whole lot above my budget thou, bt I won't relent. So, what do u think?

Try Curtin University Miri Sarawak, Malaysia and see whether you can transfer to Australia later. You will not be allowed to work in Malaysia though.
Re: Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 07, 2011
I advise you google other schools as well. You might find cheaper ones. And you also do not need to pay all the fees at once, you only have to pay the first semester and then others follow when you are here.

Dustydee soorry I cannot answer your question. I don't work in the engineering department so I don't know

1 Like

Re: Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia by dustydee: 11:57am On Dec 08, 2011
Jenny please advise on my question below
dustydee:

@Jenny
Hi all, can someone work in Australia with a UK masters degree?if yes how much can an Engineering graduate hope to earn monthly and how easy is it to get a job there?thanks
Thank you.
Re: Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 08, 2011
jennykadry:

Dustydee soorry I cannot answer your question. I don't work in the engineering department so I don't know
Re: Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia by dustydee: 10:52pm On Dec 08, 2011
Oh! Thanks.
Re: Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia by suxes2006(m): 5:21pm On Dec 09, 2011
JK

Thanks for answering these questions.
I've learnt alot from this thread as well and i hope those
reading will surely follow the rules and not expect miracle,

Aal Izz Well
Re: Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia by guysparrow: 2:33am On Dec 19, 2011
@jennykadry
Pls do you know the average visa processing time from Nigeria
Re: Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 20, 2011
^^ it's on their website
Re: Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia by humblepie: 1:16pm On Apr 02, 2012
@jennykadry
Trega4real@yahoo.com......pls wudnt mind asking few questions right here on d coast..blessed sister
Re: Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia by mrswagger: 1:56pm On Apr 02, 2012
Thank you @Justwise, Collinsfbi, J20 and others. I appreciate your advice and comment. I will do as you have said. Cheers.. One luv...
Re: Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia by seir405: 9:10am On Apr 18, 2012
jennykadry: ^^ it's on their website

Re: Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia by opad(m): 9:24am On Apr 20, 2012
Hi residents, i would like to know the requirement of getting study visa for the TAFE programmes particularly their tuition fees, do they require full tuition payment and like how much should the bank statement be? Thanks.
Re: Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia by cana14: 4:24pm On Apr 20, 2012
Plz. I need an urgent advice on plan to school in aussie.. I gat an admission into a school in queensland but the problem is that I can't meet with student visa requirement...plz am thinkg of coming to ausie with a tourist visa and changeover to student visa over there... Plz is it posible
Re: Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia by Nobody: 12:18pm On Apr 23, 2012
^^^If you are on a tourist visa you cannot convert to student visa here, you have to leave the country and apply from outside the country. So yea, you will go back to nigeria and re-apply for the student visa
Re: Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia by opad(m): 12:34pm On Apr 23, 2012
@jekandry and co, please respond to my above question. Thanks,
Re: Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 23, 2012
They do not require full fee BUT you must pay your first semester fees in FULL and then have enough in your bank account to pay for the remaining semesters and enough to take care of yourself accommodation, feeding e.t.c for 24 months
Re: Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia by opad(m): 12:53pm On Apr 23, 2012
Wow! Thanks for the very quick response. Is TAFE a sure bridge into their degree programs? My brother Holds a Bachelor's degree but wants to make a switch into IT thus choosing TAFE for easy integration. Can you link me with someone who applied or studying TAFe Program. Thanks.
Re: Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia by Nobody: 12:56pm On Apr 23, 2012
Sorry, I cannot link you with someone studying in TAFE

TAFE is not a bridge per se. People go to TAFE for shorter courses and UNI for longer courses
Re: Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia by opad(m): 12:56pm On Apr 23, 2012
I asked cos i would like to know the figures required for the bank statement and to ask about the Best TAFE institutes there.
Re: Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia by opad(m): 12:58pm On Apr 23, 2012
Oh! I didnt see your response, wouldnt have sent the last one. Thanks a bunch.
Re: Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 23, 2012
Alot if not all of the TAFE's here are good.

There is no way you can know the figures cos school fees varies. Go to their website, they have enough information there for the financial area of studying
Re: Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia by solomonjesus: 3:45pm On Sep 05, 2012
Thanks for the info
Re: Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia by Rogreat(m): 5:00pm On Nov 26, 2012
Hi friends!
Does any member live in Western Australia or has anyone been there? I plan to study at TAFE Western Australia. I want info on getting good part time jobs while studying as well as the cost of living there. Please help and I'll appreciate!
Re: Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia by captainjohn1: 12:19am On Jun 26, 2013
Pls can someone help me with Admission in mobash university or any other university in Australia where I can study international business information pls I'm finding it difficult getting the admission online, thanks as I wait for ur reply
Re: Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia by fem88(m): 8:41am On Feb 26, 2015
I am mostly grateful to all the contributors of this trend..pls I need information on top up degrees in Australia Universities,I have an HND and I intend to go to Australia via the Top up route to get my Bsc,Masters and subsequently get a job...Important contributions will be highly appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia by Nedchuks: 1:23pm On Apr 10, 2015
I'm new on this forum. Please my people,I recently got admission in Australia at Deakin, UNSW and Edith Cowan uni; Master of Engineering program. My parents have agreed to pay for my first yr tuition. Please how possible is it to pay the 2nd yr tuition of 30k by myself through savings and intensive work? Please I need your view on this issue. My greatest fear is dropping out of the program.
Re: Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia by kaybaby: 11:33pm On May 28, 2015
Hello house, I really need some advice to assist me in deciding whether to relocate to Australia or not.
I was so sure I wanted to leave but after reading most of the conflicting posts and views on this forum had got me having a rethink and asking if its worth it?
First, I got admission so intend going wt my hubby and son. For now I only can pay d first school fee.
Secondly my hubby n i are employed as lecturers in a university here is Nigeria.
Now my questions; 1) is it worth it to leave our jobs here and travel to Australia in hope that there are prospects 2) what are the chances of getting jobs that can cater for subsequent tuition?
I need guidance please. Your opinions will be highly appreciated.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Myanmar Plane With 104 On Board Crashes / Tanker Explodes In Omurelu, Rivers State. Many Dead (Graphic Photos) / Retired Aircraft Hauled Across Roads To Become New Attraction In Hotel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.