Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Parts Of United States And Canada West Coast Record Temperatures Above 46°C - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Parts Of United States And Canada West Coast Record Temperatures Above 46°C (23468 Views)

Europe Heatwave: France BANS Outdoor Events As Parts Of The Country Hit 40C / Killer tornadoes sweep through parts of the United States. Over 50 reported dead / All 50 American States And DC Have Certified Their Presidential Election Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parts Of United States And Canada West Coast Record Temperatures Above 46°C by PotatoSalad(m): 1:58pm On Jun 29, 2021
kevoh:

I've spent some time in Yola. I know the damage Yola heat does to the batteries of some of our equipment. They get fat and can explode if not taken out and disposed of. Like I said, even our extreme heat can be managed through airconditioned cars and houses if you have the financial resource to acquire such.

However, I have not heard or seen anyone die from Yola heat. Do you know what a heatwave is? Do you know how many people die from heatwaves? Do know what wildfires are? Do you know and understand the damage wildfires cause?
Go figure
Re: Parts Of United States And Canada West Coast Record Temperatures Above 46°C by Ekpekus(m): 3:33pm On Jun 29, 2021
The heat nor get joy... AC that is hardly used is now a very needed appliance in the home. grin
Re: Parts Of United States And Canada West Coast Record Temperatures Above 46°C by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jun 29, 2021
kevoh:

I understand and agree that Canada and the US are way better than Nigeria in terms of economy, social welfare, development etc. But trust me, you do not want to find yourself in a heatwave or extreme cold temperature. People die in these extreme weather conditions even with all the technology and fast emergency response the Western countries have.
Nigeria's temperature is moderate, both heat and cold periods. It can still be managed. Thankfully, despite the country being in a state of comatose, we also do not experience natural disasters like floods, earthquakes, and wildfires. Countries like Australia experience scorching heat waves that can lead to wildfires. You don't want to be trapped on the road on both sides due to wildfires or trapped by a snowstorm.
I understand you but what is the difference between someone dying in a heatwave which has a 100% chance of escape and the one confronted with the manace of bokoharam and killer herdsmen?
Re: Parts Of United States And Canada West Coast Record Temperatures Above 46°C by kevoh(m): 5:32pm On Jun 29, 2021
PARACLETOS:
I understand you but what is the difference between someone dying in a heatwave which has a 100% chance of escape and the one confronted with the manace of bokoharam and killer herdsmen?
Now you're comparing Apples and Oranges! I thought we were discussing extreme weathers. What has this got to do with Boko Haram and insecurity. Go back to read my previous comment to get the context of the discussion.

Your claim: Nigeria is hot that it will melt a thermometer.
This is already an exaggeration. Infact, mercury's melting point is actually -38.83 °C, which is a freezing temperature for humans cheesy and no human can survive its boiling point at over 300 °C. Likewise for the thermometer glass material which houses the mercury, it will take over 1300°C to melt glass. Any one that can survive this is super human.

Nigeria can be moderately hot but Western countries have extremes of cold and hot temperature that can kill you and/or cripple the region where it's happening.

Conclusion: Nigeria is not that hot like you claimed (melting a thermometer grin). If a choice was given to pick between Nigeria and Western countries like Russia, Canada, US, based on the weather/temperature alone and nothing else(not insecurity, not development, not GDP or any other factor just weather/temperature), then Canada and US are not necessarily good choices. Just because snow looks good in pictures doesn't mean you can not die in a winter storm, if trapped. Worse harmattan can do to you is crack your lips and the sole of your feet.... tongue
Re: Parts Of United States And Canada West Coast Record Temperatures Above 46°C by Mayniaa: 7:35am On Jul 01, 2021
donnie:
What?!
This sounds like Judgement.

Revelation 16:8-9
[8]And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.
[9]And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.

Good we are not blaming the devil this time around.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Russia Says It Is Ready To Cut Ties With The European Union / Donald Trump's Entire Legal Team Quits A Week Before Impeachment Trial / Japan: Hirosima Marks 77th Anniversary Of The First Atomic Bomb Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.