Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,376 members, 7,836,532 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Security Agents, Smugglers Worsen Subsidy Crisis, Flout Buhari’s Order - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Security Agents, Smugglers Worsen Subsidy Crisis, Flout Buhari’s Order (10311 Views)

FG Meets NLC On Petrol Subsidy Crisis / May 29 Inauguration: Tinubu To Inherit Insecurity, Subsidy Crisis, And More / Fuel Subsidy Crisis: Nairaxi Meets Former Transport Minister, Provides Solution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Security Agents, Smugglers Worsen Subsidy Crisis, Flout Buhari’s Order by BigDawsNet: 6:28am On Jun 29, 2021
Unacceptable
Re: Security Agents, Smugglers Worsen Subsidy Crisis, Flout Buhari’s Order by Chikispilot(m): 6:36am On Jun 29, 2021
Hahaha o chineke see hw uncircumcised cows are playing with biafran oil and gas, hmm very soon they will start smuggling gold idiots everywhere

1 Like

Re: Security Agents, Smugglers Worsen Subsidy Crisis, Flout Buhari’s Order by wolewolsz(m): 6:36am On Jun 29, 2021
We hardly think in this country. Just enforce a law for all tankers in the country to have a tracking device. Which cant be switched off if not it would be impounded and watch from a control room.

1 Like

Re: Security Agents, Smugglers Worsen Subsidy Crisis, Flout Buhari’s Order by kingthreat(m): 6:42am On Jun 29, 2021
Gondonu:
Has president himself not been flouting rules especially court orders and the Nigerian constitution as the most lawless president? What does he expects from his subordinates? A leader's sin is a leading sin.

Are you on auto to blame the president even when his orders that are in your interest are flouted? Sometimes just keep shut.

1 Like

Re: Security Agents, Smugglers Worsen Subsidy Crisis, Flout Buhari’s Order by longview007: 6:48am On Jun 29, 2021
Bossontop:
undecided
Will it ever be well with dis country??

The worst aspect is when you wish to do it right, the wicked ones will eliminate you.
Re: Security Agents, Smugglers Worsen Subsidy Crisis, Flout Buhari’s Order by Yeeyo: 6:49am On Jun 29, 2021
Buhari is incapacitated to rule this country, weak leader.

1 Like

Re: Security Agents, Smugglers Worsen Subsidy Crisis, Flout Buhari’s Order by Paulianfa(m): 6:50am On Jun 29, 2021
It's a shameful story when an officer of the law will put a blame on a common citizen for breaking president's order... Corruption won't stop in this part of the world cry cry cry cry
Re: Security Agents, Smugglers Worsen Subsidy Crisis, Flout Buhari’s Order by Nobody: 6:50am On Jun 29, 2021
Basically, the smuggling happens because fuel costs N165 here while in all African countries around us, it costs N350 and above...

So, either we remove subsidy and enjoy the benefits of an end to smuggling...since it would be no longer profitable, or we keep on subsidisng fuel for at least 5 or 6 other african countries including ourselves...with our money.

1 Like

Re: Security Agents, Smugglers Worsen Subsidy Crisis, Flout Buhari’s Order by kraftysprouts: 6:52am On Jun 29, 2021

1 Like

Re: Security Agents, Smugglers Worsen Subsidy Crisis, Flout Buhari’s Order by Brushstrokes20: 6:54am On Jun 29, 2021
Even the commander in thief and cohorts are serial law breakers... yet, the senile simpletons pushes the blame on innocent Nigerians.

If the HEAD is ROTTEN, the body is useless!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Security Agents, Smugglers Worsen Subsidy Crisis, Flout Buhari’s Order by Donspicey: 6:55am On Jun 29, 2021
Beancounter93:
Basically, the smuggling happens because fuel costs N165 here while in all African countries around us, it costs N350 and above...

So, either we remove subsidy and enjoy the benefits of an end to smuggling...since it would be no longer profitable, or we keep on subsidisng fuel for at least 5 or 6 other african countries including ourselves...with our money.

What is your point Exactly?
Re: Security Agents, Smugglers Worsen Subsidy Crisis, Flout Buhari’s Order by Topmaike007(m): 7:02am On Jun 29, 2021
Gondonu:
Has president himself not been flouting rules especially court orders and the Nigerian constitution as the most lawless president? What does he expects from his subordinates? A leader's sin is a leading sin.
guy reserve your wailing, we people are the ones killing this nation..

When the government favors us we call it connection, when it does not we calls it corruption
Re: Security Agents, Smugglers Worsen Subsidy Crisis, Flout Buhari’s Order by Nobody: 7:12am On Jun 29, 2021
Donspicey:

What is your point Exactly?

Let's see

In Niger, Benin, Cameroon, Chad , fuel costs above N350

IN Nigeria it costs N165 at the pump.

A smuggler smuggling fuel across the border can earn profits upwards of N200 and above per liter smuggled.

The best way to stop smuggling is for government to stop subsidsing fuel, allow the price to go up to the West African average...which would in turn end smuggling and end the spending of high amounts of money spent on fuel subsidy..which can be saved.

If you don't get it, sorry. I think I have been clear enough.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Security Agents, Smugglers Worsen Subsidy Crisis, Flout Buhari’s Order by musicology: 7:20am On Jun 29, 2021
Nobody mentioned that the security agents are being owed allowances though it's a not an excuse to be corrupt cool cool cool
Re: Security Agents, Smugglers Worsen Subsidy Crisis, Flout Buhari’s Order by Eriokanmi: 7:24am On Jun 29, 2021
No be today nah. Even when they claimed borders were shot, northern borders were open to all. We only observed the closure down south. Only those who were ready to die would go and expose the security operatives who were mainly northerners. If we don't break away from these people, we never see underdevelopment at all. We go know Whatsup
Re: Security Agents, Smugglers Worsen Subsidy Crisis, Flout Buhari’s Order by Nobody: 7:27am On Jun 29, 2021
Basically most Nigerians miss the real point in the article.

Smuggling happens because

1.Oil in Nigeria is subsidised...which means it sells for N165 here.

2.So, imagine I live on the border with Niger, and I have a tanker of fuel bought in Nigeria at a depot price of N145 or thereabouts...and I head to Niger and sell it at N370....I have earned a profit of N200 per liter.

Unless government wants to permanently close the border to the level that they do in North Korea...and even then smuggling is rife in that area....there is nothing they can do but to remove subsidy, and allow marekters set the price of petrol. At least it may not stop the smuggling...but we won't be wasting money on subsidsing smuggled fuel either...and IMF would be more happy with us...for once...plus our need to take loans would fall.

2 Likes

Re: Security Agents, Smugglers Worsen Subsidy Crisis, Flout Buhari’s Order by Adabestseason(m): 7:27am On Jun 29, 2021
The long news piece is self-righteousness,and a ploy to whip up unnecessary sentiments by NNPC for a close at hand corruption, what stops the federal government from decentralizing the corporation because it has failed the people,in this country Nigeria people do not know the owners of oil-wells in the niger-delta,trying to blame security agent is rent-seeking and a feeling of persecution complex on the part of the fraud called NNPC because raising false alarms of sabotage is to deviate attention from opaque nature of management of commonwealth.By the way TRUE FEDERALISM is the answer
Re: Security Agents, Smugglers Worsen Subsidy Crisis, Flout Buhari’s Order by Donspicey: 7:28am On Jun 29, 2021
Beancounter93:

Let's see

A smuggler smuggling fuel across the border can earn profits upwards of N200 and above per liter smuggled.

The best way to stop smuggling is for government to stop subsidsing fuel, allow the price to go up to the West African average...which would in turn end smuggling and end the spending of high amounts of money spent on fuel subsidy..which can be saved.

I got ur point from ur first post, just wanted you to say the bolded clearly....

But there was a time Bubu said dat subsidy is a scam

Mehhnnnnn you and dis govt are very heartless... Enter street go repeat dis nonsense......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Security Agents, Smugglers Worsen Subsidy Crisis, Flout Buhari’s Order by Nobody: 7:34am On Jun 29, 2021
Donspicey:

I got ur point from ur first post, just wanted you to say the bolded clearly....

But there was a time Bubu said dat subsidy is a scam

Because Bubu, like most Nigerians then, did not understand how a subsidy works (and the fun part is that people like Oshiomole who was a governor and who had attended meetings of the NEC where subsidy payments were discussed could have explained it to him)

Plus he was running for elections. Politicians lie and politicians fudge the truth. It is up to us the voters to be more discerning.

In fairness to Buhari though, around the time he said that, there was the scandal over the millions paid in kerosene subsidy that was supposed to have ended two years previously BUT was still being paid. Then the whole subsidy thing itself lent itself to scammery (people can lie about how much they import for example just to earn more subsidy cash)

Mehhnnnnn you and dis govt are very heartless... Enter street go repeat dis nonsense......

On the other hand, the street won't also like paying the loans that we are forced to take to make up for the money we spend on feeding the subsidy monster.

Plus subsides are the reason why we cannot have more refineries than Dangote...price controls and other bad economic practices associated with the thing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Security Agents, Smugglers Worsen Subsidy Crisis, Flout Buhari’s Order by Gambit23: 7:37am On Jun 29, 2021
Re: Security Agents, Smugglers Worsen Subsidy Crisis, Flout Buhari’s Order by Gambit23: 7:39am On Jun 29, 2021
Beancounter93:

Let's see

This is Moronism @its peak....paid dolts everywhere
Re: Security Agents, Smugglers Worsen Subsidy Crisis, Flout Buhari’s Order by Nobody: 7:40am On Jun 29, 2021
Gambit23:

This is Moronism @its peak....paid dolts everywhere

You call it that because you don't like the conclusions it leads you too

Plus, you really don't have to abuse me, as I did not abuse you nor call you names.

Thank you.

I'm not paid for this by APC or any party. My idea on subsidy removal comes from NOI and SLS and reading up on things which started in the year 2011, when GEJ's attempt to remove subsidies led to me taking an interest in why he wanted to do it. Also, have been backing subsidies since 1993, and was a firm backer till 2012...when I had my eyes opened.
Re: Security Agents, Smugglers Worsen Subsidy Crisis, Flout Buhari’s Order by GeeMeshin1(m): 7:49am On Jun 29, 2021
Corruption + Desperation = x
Find x
Re: Security Agents, Smugglers Worsen Subsidy Crisis, Flout Buhari’s Order by Zane2point4(m): 7:51am On Jun 29, 2021
Beancounter93:

Let's see

Which can be saved and used for what exactly?
Looted by same politicians?
If you hv a car u wont wish for fuel to be increased, even if u don't own a car transportation will be 3trice as high.
Re: Security Agents, Smugglers Worsen Subsidy Crisis, Flout Buhari’s Order by Chiboto414: 7:55am On Jun 29, 2021
People are hungry abeggi
Re: Security Agents, Smugglers Worsen Subsidy Crisis, Flout Buhari’s Order by ppogba: 8:07am On Jun 29, 2021
It is far too easier for Custom Officers to loot shops in markets where rice is sold in Ibadan and idi- iroko than to apprehend smugglers of petroleum products in Jibia.

Presidency, I know your agents are reading this but the fact remains that your tribalism stinks to the heavens.
Re: Security Agents, Smugglers Worsen Subsidy Crisis, Flout Buhari’s Order by Joetttimua1811(m): 8:31am On Jun 29, 2021
Which kind long post be this wetin den talk sef?
Re: Security Agents, Smugglers Worsen Subsidy Crisis, Flout Buhari’s Order by Nobody: 8:47am On Jun 29, 2021
Zane2point4:

Which can be saved and used for what exactly?
Looted by same politicians?
If you hv a car u wont wish for fuel to be increased, even if u don't own a car transportation will be 3trice as high.

1.I have a car...

2.Saved for...things like NHIS, education, etc , etc....

Like now, the amount we spent subsidising fuel last year could have enrolled millions of Nigerians on NHIS scheme.

3.Please, i don't want to hear the old 'they will loot it ' theme....you are supposed to see they don't.
Re: Security Agents, Smugglers Worsen Subsidy Crisis, Flout Buhari’s Order by Martini101(m): 9:07am On Jun 29, 2021
Government OF excuses and blame game, BY excuses and blame game, and FOR excuses and blame game.
Re: Security Agents, Smugglers Worsen Subsidy Crisis, Flout Buhari’s Order by Money2000: 10:23am On Jun 29, 2021
Buhari is trying his best to better this country. Some people are spoiling it. Make una continue o

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shettima Pays Homage To Emir Sanusi In Maiduguri. Photos / Fuel Scarcity: Northern Group Wants NNPC, NMDPRA Bosses Sacked / Which Monarchy Is The Most Powerful Influential And Wealthiest In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.