Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Social Media Trends For Monday 28th June, 2021 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Social Media Trends For Monday 28th June, 2021 (333 Views)

Amaechi Trends For Allegedly Saying Delegates Who Sold Votes Are Regretting / Nnamdi Kanu's Court Case Shifted To 28th June 2022 - Barrister Ifeanyi Ejiofor / Newspaper Front Pages For Monday 28th June, 2021 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Social Media Trends For Monday 28th June, 2021 by murecool(m): 7:42am On Jun 29, 2021
*Buhari*
President Muhammadu Buhari's reaction over the threat issued by the Niger Delta Avengers has got some people talking on social media.

They noted the polite manner with which the President, through his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr Femi Adesina, addressed the militant group.

@YeleSowore: "TALE OF TWO LANGUAGES: When Niger Delta Avengers Treat Muhammadu Buhari in the language he understands, Buhari becomes humble and respectful."

@odue2004: "Niger Delta Avengers must hold their ground on the restructuring of Nigeria."

@IkumapayiJ: "The fear of avengers is the beginning of wisdom.

"That's a major problem of the Niger Delta people from top to bottom... But this statement released by Femi Adesina is different from others... No name-calling, very respectful, I didn't know the presidency can be this respectful."

@navy_guns: "Fear which avengers, they get paid and the poor masses continue to suffer. For how long do you think it will be sustainable?"

@Christo46071721: "Nigerian govt don't believe or submit to dialogue or peaceful protest, but force. That's why I support Nnamdi Kanu in every way."

@Kruptos6: "Cut their supply of wealth and watch them panic."

*Abuja*
Abuja was on the trend, notably after some news outlets reported the breakdown of an Abuja-Kaduna train.

Some of the captions tilted toward mischief, but the aim was defeated as many who reacted said it is not unusual for trains to breakdown. They said even in developed countries there are reported incidences of train failure while in transit.

@GbengaGOLD: "I took this train less than 48 hours ago. There's no forest between Abuja & Kaduna. And trains break down. They are machines, so they break down. A total of 338 trains completely failed in 2016 in the US. Imagine them doing a "JUST IN" each time that happened. End sensationalism!"

@Ad3ola: "You tell the media what should make their news now? This is the mindset that breeds the urge for media regulation.

"The media isn’t there to fan some sort of ego or make their piece palatable to you."

@Ernest33702470: "All these things are normal even here in Italy train can spoil sometime in underground. You can't do anything than to be patient. Must everything in Nigeria be on news blogs."

@ahmad_babs001: "Na bad news you guys dey always find. Train breakdown isn't a big deal. Abegii."

Other interesting comments on the trend are from:

@daily_trust: "The Federal High Court, Abuja has rejected the plea bargain application by the former Registrar of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation (JAMB), Dibu Ojerinde in the N900 million fraud allegation leveled against him."

@SaharaReporters: "There May Be Bombing In Nigeria's Capital City, Abuja—Cleric Prophesies."

@josh_savage03: "There's actually nothing prophetic in this honestly. It's more like a probability... I mean a situation where you draw conclusion based on past occurrences... It might happen or not... Imagine me saying Fulani herdsman will attack in Lagos does that make what I said prophetic."

@JosWazirin: "People like me are already tired of these prophecies by our clerics..."

@oceemo: "That's a guess work, not a prophecy. We don't have may or may not in prophecies."

@Abbey06629889: "The gods never see anything good. Prophet of doom."

*Lagos*
The engagements below form the basis of this trend.

@SaharaReporters: "Planned Lagos Rally: Some People Threatening To Kill Us In Lagos—Igboho."

@AkinAdejola: "Same way the innocent Fulanis were threatened when Igboho & his arsonist group evicted them from Ibarapa and set their properties on fire. His supporter also illegally opened Nigeria's side of the Idiroko border as Igboho once said he'd do.
These are crimes Igboho will answer for."

@Aboki_RamanJago: "We don't have Fulanis in Lagos so we don't need your rally."

@MobilePunch: "Yoruba Nation: Igboho, Akintoye, others to attend Lagos rally July 3."

@Christophbongo: "The trans-Saharan route, which goes from Algiers to Lagos in Nigeria crossing 6 countries, is practically completed. According to the Algerian Minister of Transport by interim, Farouk Chiali, the last section of this corridor of more than 4,000 km will be delivered by end of June."

*Kaduna*
There were some media reports claiming that a student was killed during a protest in Kaduna State.

Although some doubted the veracity of the reports, others condemned the clampdown on students protesting against the hike in school fees by the Kaduna State Government.

@daily_trust: "A student of the Kaduna State College of Education, Gidan Waya, Jema’a Local Government Area of Kaduna State, has been shot dead."

@SaharaReporters: "BREAKING: Many Feared Dead As Security Operatives Shoot Students Protesting Tuition Hike In Kaduna."

@real_yudee: "Fake news. Security operatives cannot shoot students in Kaduna. I swear!"

@Arewa_Marines: "Some people are so bitter about Nigeria that they celebrate everything negative without verifying the source."

@AdekunleOla18: "Why must security operatives shoot the students protesting over their rights. I don't really understand what this nation is turning to."

@daily_trust: "The National Association of Nigerian Students is to relocate its national congress to occupy Kaduna to protest tuition increases in the state."

@Bahaushee: "Police authorities have confirmed that a student of COE Kafanchan has lost his life after a confrontation with soldiers as students protest against Kaduna state govt school fees increase."

@BakonDare2015: "The guys @SKIHouse need to reconsider their inhumane stance on the tuition fee increase. Looks like sensibilities have gone AWOL.
Let's pray for the repose of the deceased soul and KDSG should pay compensation to the family of the deceased, promptly too."

@mickytrio007: "No longer news. The only thing that is as free as air in the North now is DEATH!"

(1) (Reply)

Youths Pushes Power Holding Official About To Cut Their Light Down From Ladder / Kenya Terrible Counter Intelligence Record / Buharri Tattoo On My Left Wrist. (PICTURES)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.