Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,585 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

How Can I Raise Funds For Tech Project - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Can I Raise Funds For Tech Project (681 Views)

Help Me Complete My Tech Project (get Free Access To Premium Digital Courses) / Is University Degree Really Important For Tech Journey And Getting A Job? / Looking For Tech Buddies (networking) In Nigeria - Lagos, Lagos Island And Every (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Raise Funds For Tech Project by GeneralStan(m): 7:51am On Jun 29, 2021
Good day Everyone!
I am here to seek your candid opinions on an issue i have, i am currently learning python as a language ( had learnt html and css previously) but right now.
i have a very viable tech idea, i would love to know sources by which i can secure funding to complete this project and be able to get it out to the world...
I have tried partnering with programmers but they want to be paid and i dont have the financial capacity for such.
Please guys what ways can i raise funds for this project?

Every input ( even criticisms) would be highly welcomed....
Thanks
Re: How Can I Raise Funds For Tech Project by SocialJustice: 7:57am On Jun 29, 2021
I've been here before, you must fund it yourself from your savings, friends, family and gain traction else nobody will listen to you.

If you are sure your idea can succeed commercially then try developing an MVP version you can start with cheaply. It is a good way to test your market and if it succeeds, you will have funds to build out the product and add more functions.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Raise Funds For Tech Project by Seniorwriter(m): 8:03am On Jun 29, 2021
GeneralStan:
Good day Everyone!
I am here to seek your candid opinions on an issue i have, i am currently learning python as a language ( had learnt html and css previously) but right now.
i have a very viable tech idea, i would love to know sources by which i can secure funding to complete this project and be able to get it out to the world...
I have tried partnering with programmers but they want to be paid and i dont have the financial capacity for such.
Please guys what ways can i raise funds for this project?

Every input ( even criticisms) would be highly welcomed....
Thanks

@OP your post is vague and may likely not attract the needed contributions.
Why not state the
# kind of project,
# Amount of funds needed,
# The solution it will offer to the public or it's niche audience.
Howbeit know that you'll hardly get a VC or AI that will readily give you their monies for a project yet tested unless you have a collateral to secure the needed funds.
I'll suggest you engage yourself for online / remote jobs and save towards it.
Alternatively you could approach your local government youth development department or approach the ministry of commerce & industry for help or collaborative moves.
GeneralStan:

Thanks
All the best.
Proactivity Leads To Productivity!

@Seniorwriter

1 Like

Re: How Can I Raise Funds For Tech Project by GeneralStan(m): 7:57pm On Jun 29, 2021
Seniorwriter:

@OP your post is vague and may likely not attract the needed contributions.
Why not state the
# kind of project,
# Amount of funds needed,
# The solution it will offer to the public or it's niche audience.
Howbeit know that you'll hardly get a VC or AI that will readily give you their monies for a project yet tested unless you have a collateral to secure the needed funds.
I'll suggest you engage yourself for online / remote jobs and save towards it.
Alternatively you could approach your local government youth development department or approach the ministry of commerce & industry for help or collaborative moves.

Proactivity Leads To Productivity!

@Seniorwriter

Thanks
Re: How Can I Raise Funds For Tech Project by GeneralStan(m): 7:58pm On Jun 29, 2021
SocialJustice:
I've been here before, you must fund it yourself from your savings, friends, family and gain traction else nobody will listen to you.

If you are sure your idea can succeed commercially then try developing an MVP version you can start with cheaply. It is a good way to test your market and if it succeeds, you will have funds to build out the product and add more functions.

Thanks alot

1 Like

Re: How Can I Raise Funds For Tech Project by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jun 29, 2021
The idea of funding your startup is almost impossible. Don't let anyone deceive you sir. How much do you earn now and save to start what is probably going to fail? Just forget it, except your papa is Adenuga or Dangote.

Another reason you may consider trying to risk funding it apart from having a rich parent is when your growth is viral. If you are sure, and you have tested it that viral growth awaits you, then, you can take the risk of funding it by yourself.

In short, you can get fund, but on one condition: if you can show that you have customers who are willing to pay. No investor cares about how sophisticated your product or idea is. Investors want to make profit. Show them you can make profit, and they will respond.

The question is how can you show them there are potential buyers? If you can do this, you are in business.
Re: How Can I Raise Funds For Tech Project by cleish(m): 11:21pm On Jun 30, 2021
Join the GitHub community and let other programmers contribute to this project.

Come back to this topic to share your GitHub link for us.

(1) (Reply)

I Need A C++ Programmer / Job Opportunities. / Good,bad And Ugly Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.