Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,119 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Mele Kyari On Refinery: Dangote Not Happy With NNPC Proposed Stake Acquisition - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mele Kyari On Refinery: Dangote Not Happy With NNPC Proposed Stake Acquisition (24549 Views)

Refinery: Dangote Already Paying Debts – Emefiele / Mele Kyari: Nigerians Should Prepare For 3 Months Trouble Over Oil Price Crash / Update: Dangote Not A Member Of APC Campaign Council - Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mele Kyari On Refinery: Dangote Not Happy With NNPC Proposed Stake Acquisition by SmartPolician: 6:56pm On Jun 29, 2021
The way polticians and government institutions have interest in this refinery is incomprehensible. I just hope that Dangote Group will continue to exist when the man is no more.
Re: Mele Kyari On Refinery: Dangote Not Happy With NNPC Proposed Stake Acquisition by anselm791(m): 6:56pm On Jun 29, 2021
I stand with the government on this one.
Dangote is getting too rich for my liking.

1 Like

Re: Mele Kyari On Refinery: Dangote Not Happy With NNPC Proposed Stake Acquisition by OnlyDeCapPlease(m): 7:00pm On Jun 29, 2021

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mele Kyari On Refinery: Dangote Not Happy With NNPC Proposed Stake Acquisition by michoim(m): 7:01pm On Jun 29, 2021
Nonsense, why will he be happy. Reaping where you didn't sow...NNPC want to come and scatter Dangote refinery and make it moribund like their own

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mele Kyari On Refinery: Dangote Not Happy With NNPC Proposed Stake Acquisition by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jun 29, 2021
I didn't read it, I don't care
Re: Mele Kyari On Refinery: Dangote Not Happy With NNPC Proposed Stake Acquisition by gasparpisciotta: 7:03pm On Jun 29, 2021
The African Amazon..
Re: Mele Kyari On Refinery: Dangote Not Happy With NNPC Proposed Stake Acquisition by humility33(m): 7:05pm On Jun 29, 2021
Ofemmanu1:
hehehehe..

Dangote knows the FG too well.

Once you've been burned, everything is fire.

I fear this FG that wants to buy 20% stake for 19B dollars while the whole refinery project is not more than 25B dollars

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mele Kyari On Refinery: Dangote Not Happy With NNPC Proposed Stake Acquisition by Ulunne777(f): 7:05pm On Jun 29, 2021
Let them come with their badluck.
Carry your stakes and invest in ur 4 refineries .
Ndi oshi!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mele Kyari On Refinery: Dangote Not Happy With NNPC Proposed Stake Acquisition by humility33(m): 7:06pm On Jun 29, 2021
anselm791:
I stand with the government on this one.
Dangote is getting too rich for my liking.

How much is the whole refinery project..that cost 25B dollars and now the government wanna buy 20% stake at 19B dollars

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mele Kyari On Refinery: Dangote Not Happy With NNPC Proposed Stake Acquisition by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 7:07pm On Jun 29, 2021
Staged
Re: Mele Kyari On Refinery: Dangote Not Happy With NNPC Proposed Stake Acquisition by BarrElChapo(m): 7:08pm On Jun 29, 2021
the same business that several governments since 1999 have helped grow by taking out competitors both locally and internationally, he dare nit complain

Kingpele:
Wow ...Dangote is a business man ,he wouldn't want government to carry their corruption enter his business ..anything government touches turns out ruined
Re: Mele Kyari On Refinery: Dangote Not Happy With NNPC Proposed Stake Acquisition by Arrewa: 7:10pm On Jun 29, 2021
proff010:
Dangote help me beg Buhari
see as one mod don hide the Nnamdi kanu picture

1 Like

Re: Mele Kyari On Refinery: Dangote Not Happy With NNPC Proposed Stake Acquisition by frog12: 7:10pm On Jun 29, 2021
this MAN is talking NONSENSE !!

they wan to BORROW to buy stake in a private company. he means to say, they want to give him LOAN subsidy.

WHY do we have these types of people everywhere for goodness sakes ??

this SOUNDS DUBIOUS, very dubious

3 Likes

Re: Mele Kyari On Refinery: Dangote Not Happy With NNPC Proposed Stake Acquisition by witworth(m): 7:10pm On Jun 29, 2021
Who no like better thing. FG like better thing.
Useless FG wey get money plenty even don borrow money plenty join, Dem no fit repair or replace their rotten refineries, now dey wan lobby for shares for the plate and chairs for the table, Dem wan con dey use authoritative tone. Dangote self... E don tey wey him dey do monopoly, na fence he dey sit down put all these years of PDP and APC rule, now water wan pass garri.
Re: Mele Kyari On Refinery: Dangote Not Happy With NNPC Proposed Stake Acquisition by anselm791(m): 7:11pm On Jun 29, 2021
humility33:

How much is the whole refinery project..that cost 25B dollars and now the government wanna buy 20% stake at 19B dollars

It's actually worth about $12B which is also Dangote's net worth.
The man is putting everything in to control the country.

1 Like

Re: Mele Kyari On Refinery: Dangote Not Happy With NNPC Proposed Stake Acquisition by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jun 29, 2021
lomprico:

dem give am money whey he use build am?
Without the support of the government, Dangote won't be able to build that refinery.
Re: Mele Kyari On Refinery: Dangote Not Happy With NNPC Proposed Stake Acquisition by Originalsly: 7:13pm On Jun 29, 2021
This is crazy!... he is talking pretty much nationalization... which is done in communist countries. How can you just demand stakes in a private company? Countries have oil reserves ... that's the form of security....where they store oil in case of emergency. The US government has a massive oil reserve... but not one refinery nor shares in any private entity. Nigeria has ehmmm.... 4 oil refineries ... how can the FG for yearssss not manage them but believe they can help make better decisions for Dangote? This announcement will discourage investment period. With this kind reasoning... it is clear that these 1900's politicians need not to be part of the FG of we are to truly move forward. We need fresh blood period.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mele Kyari On Refinery: Dangote Not Happy With NNPC Proposed Stake Acquisition by angelfallz(m): 7:14pm On Jun 29, 2021
An NNPC that can't guarantee energy with its 4 refineries now wants to guarantee energy by having a say with dangote's refinery?

If Dangote can resist, he should do so. All Nigerian govt is looking for is where they can steal

ogododo:

https://punchng.com/refinery-dangote-not-happy-with-nnpc-proposed-stake-acquisition-says-kyari/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mele Kyari On Refinery: Dangote Not Happy With NNPC Proposed Stake Acquisition by Ofemmanu1: 7:15pm On Jun 29, 2021
humility33:

I fear this FG that wants to buy 20% stake for 19B dollars while the whole refinery project is not more than 25B dollars

Dangote was aware that darkness could take root in pristine gardens, and even good men could fall to shadow.
Successful people are always looking for opportunities to help others.
Unsuccessful people are always asking, "What's in it for me?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mele Kyari On Refinery: Dangote Not Happy With NNPC Proposed Stake Acquisition by angelfallz(m): 7:16pm On Jun 29, 2021
What support are you talking about? There's no amount of support that warrants buying a stake in a private company. Nigerian govt is just looking for avenues to steal or control dangote's refinery.

DubaiLandLord:
Without the support of the government, Dangote won't be able to build that refinery.

2 Likes

Re: Mele Kyari On Refinery: Dangote Not Happy With NNPC Proposed Stake Acquisition by IPIGSRDOTARDS: 7:18pm On Jun 29, 2021
You can have some kind of oversight because of National importance but to have an actual stake in form of ownership os wrong and should be resisted by Dangote.
Re: Mele Kyari On Refinery: Dangote Not Happy With NNPC Proposed Stake Acquisition by frog12: 7:19pm On Jun 29, 2021
don't be surprised it's a SCRIPT that DANGOTE agrees to. it's just a subsidy with tax payers keeping Dangote afloat. In other words, he is getting RICH by government help. What sort of lawmakers do we have for CHRIST sakes

Originalsly:
This is crazy!... he is talking pretty much nationalization... which is done in communist countries. How can you just demand stakes in a private company? Countries have oil reserves ... that's the form of security....where they store oil in case of emergency. The US government has a massive oil reserve... but not one refinery nor shares in any private entity. Nigeria has ehmmm.... 4 oil refineries ... how can the FG for yearssss not manage them but believe they can help make better decisions for Dangote? This announcement will discourage investment period. With this kind reasoning... it is clear that these 1900's politicians need not to be part of the FG of we are to truly move forward. We need fresh blood period.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mele Kyari On Refinery: Dangote Not Happy With NNPC Proposed Stake Acquisition by venabili: 7:23pm On Jun 29, 2021
Funny man. How is he not happy when this was the plan all along? The refinery is definitely over valued compared to other refineries with same capacity. So they are buying a 20% stake in a over-priced project. That's a misuse of taxpayers money.
And how does this guarantee energy security anyway? The foreign refineries they buy from currently, do they have stakes there? And why will they need a stake in Dangote's own when they already awarded contract for the rehabilitation of our own refineries which will be "delivered" soon?
They should just compete with him.

Bunch of clowns

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mele Kyari On Refinery: Dangote Not Happy With NNPC Proposed Stake Acquisition by MadeMan01(m): 7:27pm On Jun 29, 2021
You can't blame him. You people are corrupt and incompetent. Anything you put your hand yo, becomes over bloated, uncompleted project or scandalous.
Me too I wouldn't want govt to have stake in my biz. He has to be careful, because the has benefited from his connection to them. If he rejects, they will frustrate his investment in the sector.
Re: Mele Kyari On Refinery: Dangote Not Happy With NNPC Proposed Stake Acquisition by jaykay68(m): 7:27pm On Jun 29, 2021
Where was NNPC when he started building the refinery, there is suppose to be an agreement before the project started, why now? They thought Dangote will not be able to muster it through.
What is happening to the NNPC refineries around the country. Dead.
Pls allow Dangote to enjoy his money,
Re: Mele Kyari On Refinery: Dangote Not Happy With NNPC Proposed Stake Acquisition by frog12: 7:35pm On Jun 29, 2021
na people like you dey like to fool. who tell you say he dey cry
someone dey give am 20 billion, so he no go take am

MadeMan01:
You can't blame him. You people are corrupt and incompetent. Anything you put your hand yo, becomes over bloated, uncompleted project or scandalous.
Me too I wouldn't want govt to have stake in my biz. He has to be careful, because the has benefited from his connection to them. If he rejects, they will frustrate his investment in the sector.
Re: Mele Kyari On Refinery: Dangote Not Happy With NNPC Proposed Stake Acquisition by olahero(m): 7:35pm On Jun 29, 2021
Dangote is greedy truly.

The equity is huge!

1 Like

Re: Mele Kyari On Refinery: Dangote Not Happy With NNPC Proposed Stake Acquisition by tonyashburton: 7:36pm On Jun 29, 2021
I have never seen where a government entity will compel a private business to sell a stake in the name of national security or for whatever flimsy reason.
If the NNPC wants a stake they should buy one on the Stock Exchange whenever Dangote decides to list his refinery business.
Re: Mele Kyari On Refinery: Dangote Not Happy With NNPC Proposed Stake Acquisition by BananaPeel(m): 7:40pm On Jun 29, 2021
Re: Mele Kyari On Refinery: Dangote Not Happy With NNPC Proposed Stake Acquisition by crackhaus: 7:44pm On Jun 29, 2021
angelfallz:
An NNPC that can't guarantee energy with its 4 refineries now wants to guarantee energy by having a say with dangote's refinery?

If Dangote can resist, he should do so. All Nigerian govt is looking for is where they can steal

Funny stuff...

They're really just interested in the profits. They won't be directly involved in the daily running of the refinery.

4 Likes

Re: Mele Kyari On Refinery: Dangote Not Happy With NNPC Proposed Stake Acquisition by Ramsak1: 7:51pm On Jun 29, 2021
Brosss, which equity you dy talk about.
Lol..you sef won talk too
olahero:
Dangote is greedy truly.

The equity is huge!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

AGF Malami Distances Self From Jonathan/Malami Presidential Ticket / Missing Top INEC Staff Found Dead In Anambra / Atiku Has Everything To Win At Tribunal – Livy Uzoukwu, Counsel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.