Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,085 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Zamfara State Governor Formally Defect To APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zamfara State Governor Formally Defect To APC (15323 Views)

Edo Speaker, Okiye, Six Others Formally Defect To PDP / Kwankwaso, Melaye and 13 Other Senators Defect To PDP / Three Northern APC Governors To Defect To PDP (Names) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zamfara State Governor Formally Defect To APC by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jun 29, 2021
Governor Bello Matawalle has formally announced his defection to the All Progressive Congress (APC) in Zamfara State .

Speaking at a rally on Tuesday in Gusau, Matawalle said that he had been nursing the ambition of leaving his party PDP for several reasons.

“I am now the leader of APC in Zamfara state and I am ready to work with each and everyone wishing to contribute to the rapid development of the state”.

The National Caretaker Committee Chairman of APC and Governor of Yobe State, Mai Mala Buni congratulates Matawalle for defecting to the party.

Matawalle said based on the provision of the APC, Governor Bello Matawalle was now the leader of APC in Zamfara state

He also announced that the state caretaker committee has been dissolved.

“I also want to bring to your notice that as from today, the APC Caretaker committees of Zamfara state from the ward to the state level have been dissolved”.

Also speaking at the occasion, the former Governor of the state, Abdul Aziz Yari welcomed Governor Bello Matawalle to APC, adding that, he was ready to give all necessary support and cooperation for Matawalle to succeed.

“I want to bring to the notice of each and everyone in Zamfara state that, I am not in any way against the defection of Governor Matawalle to our great party”.

“I was a Governor for two terms as such, I thank the Almighty Allah for giving the chance to lead my people for eight years”.

Governor Matawalle joined the APC with all members of the state House of Assembly and National Assembly Members except a representative from Anka/Talata-Mafara Federal Constituency who remains in the PDP, the state Deputy Governor, Mahdi Aliyu Gusau also did not decamp to the APC.

The rally was attended by Governors of Kogi, Niger, Katsina, Kaduna, Kano, Borno, Ogun, Jigawa, Plateau, and Kebbi State, Secretary to the Government of Federation Boss Mustapha and Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, and others.
https://www.channelstv.com/2021/06/29/governor-matawalle-formally-defects-to-apc-becomes-party-leader-in-zamfara/amp/

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Zamfara State Governor Formally Defect To APC by Xscape1993(m): 8:47pm On Jun 29, 2021
He has forgotten so quickly what that evil party did to him in 2019 election. Well, wishing him all the best in his political career. Only analog people with analog thinking brain will join an evil party full of evil people.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Zamfara State Governor Formally Defect To APC by KillMNKnow(f): 8:47pm On Jun 29, 2021
Welcome to Arewa people congress

9 Likes

Re: Zamfara State Governor Formally Defect To APC by Angelparadise: 8:51pm On Jun 29, 2021
H
Re: Zamfara State Governor Formally Defect To APC by gasparpisciotta: 8:53pm On Jun 29, 2021
I believe there is a consensus candidate for 2023.
Osinbajo likely candidate.
Continuity is on the table

APC is a perfect platform to build the Northern agenda.

Coalition with the Yorubas, Ooduwa Nation cum Igboho’s agitation is a swing factor.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zamfara State Governor Formally Defect To APC by Asgard73: 9:21pm On Jun 29, 2021
Zamfara is an Islamic Apc state..

Is allowed

Apc is evil.. Na for only dem dem

2023 no Buhari...

Apc go collect am mean mean from this same Islamic citizens..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zamfara State Governor Formally Defect To APC by Maxymilliano(m): 9:41pm On Jun 29, 2021
Politician without scruples.

APC rigged election you contested and PDP went to court and reclaimed your mandate and today you think APC is the best for you ?

How i wish Yari the former governor can teach him a lesson just to tell him that he was not a popular candidate before supreme Court awarded that seat to him.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Zamfara State Governor Formally Defect To APC by Chukabiz(m): 5:47am On Jun 30, 2021
Remaining Atiku. Shameless old men

1 Like

Re: Zamfara State Governor Formally Defect To APC by wunmi590(m): 5:48am On Jun 30, 2021
Re: Zamfara State Governor Formally Defect To APC by HitRun(m): 5:48am On Jun 30, 2021
Honour is far from Nigerian politicians.....After coming out to say he will never join APC

1 Like

Re: Zamfara State Governor Formally Defect To APC by Bvlgari: 5:49am On Jun 30, 2021
Political prostitutes...

All this politicians no dey shame for am again o...dem don "off" their shame... no single shame or honor anymore...na to dey jump from one party to another

smdh
Re: Zamfara State Governor Formally Defect To APC by EjaikreTheViper(f): 5:49am On Jun 30, 2021
That's his business

I have mine to take care of

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zamfara State Governor Formally Defect To APC by akanbiaa(m): 5:50am On Jun 30, 2021
Okay
Re: Zamfara State Governor Formally Defect To APC by Ceenachi: 5:50am On Jun 30, 2021
Instead of him to rise to the solution he think running to APC will solve the problem mean while it's not he will now understand what politics mean yari is there for him even as a governor his popularity is not has that man called yari, maybe he will now be going to him for assistance Sha, but I no he will fail thank God he went on his own
Re: Zamfara State Governor Formally Defect To APC by JohnOkolo: 5:50am On Jun 30, 2021
life2017:

https://www.channelstv.com/2021/06/29/governor-matawalle-formally-defects-to-apc-becomes-party-leader-in-zamfara/amp/

Deputy Governor have to excuse us please. We can't have another party member as a Deputy Governor.
Re: Zamfara State Governor Formally Defect To APC by hannysur8(m): 5:51am On Jun 30, 2021
Congratulations to Mattawale for joining the progressive party

1 Like

Re: Zamfara State Governor Formally Defect To APC by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:51am On Jun 30, 2021
A better Nigeria is all we want.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Zamfara State Governor Formally Defect To APC by money121(m): 5:51am On Jun 30, 2021
Ok
Re: Zamfara State Governor Formally Defect To APC by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:52am On Jun 30, 2021
grin
Re: Zamfara State Governor Formally Defect To APC by Penguin2: 5:54am On Jun 30, 2021
You mean Abacha?

4 Likes

Re: Zamfara State Governor Formally Defect To APC by bareal(m): 5:54am On Jun 30, 2021
post=103213981:
A better Nigeria is all we want.

With this kind of mentality? We are on a long thing!

2 Likes

Re: Zamfara State Governor Formally Defect To APC by michresa(m): 5:55am On Jun 30, 2021
Hmmm.
Naija politicians??
Nawao.
Anyway, not all head are sense boxes.

1 Like

Re: Zamfara State Governor Formally Defect To APC by chrisxxx(m): 5:56am On Jun 30, 2021
embarassedThis is defection of necessity. The truth must be told that in a free and fair election it almost impossible to win in Zamfara as a PDP governor just as it is to win in Imo State as an APC governor.
It can only be through the court.

6 Likes

Re: Zamfara State Governor Formally Defect To APC by orriyomi33(m): 5:58am On Jun 30, 2021
What will happen to the deputy governor?8t

2 Likes

Re: Zamfara State Governor Formally Defect To APC by PrinceOfLagos: 5:59am On Jun 30, 2021
Tinubu stand no chance with Mai mala buni as APC caretaker chairman

1 Like

Re: Zamfara State Governor Formally Defect To APC by iampeterben(m): 6:00am On Jun 30, 2021
Re: Zamfara State Governor Formally Defect To APC by gambia(m): 6:01am On Jun 30, 2021
It's a normal thing in Nigeria, so I wish him well. Nonsense and Buhari with his zombies
Re: Zamfara State Governor Formally Defect To APC by Greatest100(m): 6:03am On Jun 30, 2021
Another defection but same old story, no new ideology.

1 Like

Re: Zamfara State Governor Formally Defect To APC by obedugo(m): 6:06am On Jun 30, 2021
Rubbish!! This news done pain me aswear what a foolish man

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zamfara State Governor Formally Defect To APC by sultry69(m): 6:06am On Jun 30, 2021
Upon all the denial since these days,all polithiefcians are useless,including their parties and the fourth forces yet to come.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ibrahim Mantu: I Was Taken For A Fool By Jonathan's Campaign Team Members / Abike Dabiri-Erewa Reacts To Killing Of Nigerians In South Africa / Shehu Na’Allah Kura Resigns As Kano Commissioner, Defects To NNPP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.