Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,779 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Can I Still Go For Law After A Philosophy Degree In Nigeria And How Long Does It - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can I Still Go For Law After A Philosophy Degree In Nigeria And How Long Does It (1071 Views)

How Long Does It Take For JAMB Result To Come Out? 2024 UTME / Should I Go For Philosophy Degree. / OAU Loses Accreditation For Law, Dentistry, Botany And Medical Rehabilitation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Still Go For Law After A Philosophy Degree In Nigeria And How Long Does It by seyiskye2002(m): 1:46am On Jun 30, 2021
Good day ...All Intelligent being on naira land

I choose law as my first choice iin unilag due to the mass failure going on with jamb this year , I managed to pull out with 218 so u decided to go for philosophy
But I want to seek advice because I couldn't find any relevant one on internet.... The question is, can I venture to law after acquiring a degree in philosophy and how many years is it going to take me in attending law school again
Re: Can I Still Go For Law After A Philosophy Degree In Nigeria And How Long Does It by Frenchkiss564: 11:16am On Jun 30, 2021
seyiskye2002:
Good day ...All Intelligent being on naira land

I choose law as my first choice iin unilag due to the mass failure going on with jamb this year , I managed to pull out with 218 so u decided to go for philosophy
But I want to seek advice because I couldn't find any relevant one on internet.... The question is, can I venture to law after acquiring a degree in philosophy and how many years is it going to take me in attending law school again

You could easily get admitted to 200 level in unilag's faculty of law directly if you manage to graduate with a second class upper or lower from the department of philosophy after four years. (not sure)

Alternatively, I think its better you take jamb again pick an educationally disadvantaged state as your state of origin as it increases your chance of securing admission. You can then change back to your normal state during registration after you might have been given admission.

I kid you not, philosophy is an almost useless course in Nigeria. No one gives a f*ck about Plato, ludwig, and Aristotle here.
Re: Can I Still Go For Law After A Philosophy Degree In Nigeria And How Long Does It by Sammywes110: 10:40am On Jan 24
Good day all intelligent being on nairaland

I am also having this same issues, I picked law as a first choice but was given philosophy instead now I'm retaking jamb and this time for political science can I get a law degree after a degree in political science?
Re: Can I Still Go For Law After A Philosophy Degree In Nigeria And How Long Does It by Mrvictorwrite(m): 1:33am On Jan 27
Kkkkkk

(1) (Reply)

The Date Of Uniben Resumption For We To Write Our Exams / Spanish Speaker Corner: want to Learn To Speak / How To Speak And Write English With Good Diction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.