Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,920 members, 7,952,698 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:35 PM

Share Your Experience As A Freelancer - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Share Your Experience As A Freelancer (24853 Views)

What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate / My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria / My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by Meklex(m): 8:47pm On Jun 30, 2021
Ojemalad:
That's great! I think the problem that is common to every freelancer that always complains is laziness. You must always be online and also try not to miss a chat for instance on Fiverr and you reduce sleeping all night. Creat heart-blowing gigs. Moreover, don't forget God in your equation. Remember you are not the only one on the platform. #Be prayerful and offer excellent jobs whenever the opportunity comes.
I started freelancing in 2016. I have made close to $50k. Freelancing transcends being lazy or not. It has to do with ranking algorithm, luck, your gig description and your marketing prowess.

11 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by danchuzzy(m): 8:50pm On Jun 30, 2021
psalms37:

This is me right now, I always wonder if I'm doing something wrong. Thank goodness I'm not the only one

I'd drop a few tips for newbies on Freelancer.com and Upwork.com ( I don't use Fiverr).

See more here

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by Hassanmaye(m): 8:59pm On Jun 30, 2021
Ojemalad:
at least 50k? Did you call freelance secondary source of income? It depends, for instance, I have made 1.2M in a month on Fiverr. It varies tho.
Can you teach me
Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by AbujaAgent: 9:04pm On Jun 30, 2021
Please teach me, or give me website where I can learn. I will appreciate if you do. 09079632954

Ojemalad:
at least 50k? Did you call freelance secondary source of income? It depends, for instance, I have made 1.2M in a month on Fiverr. It varies tho.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by Gavorche: 9:05pm On Jun 30, 2021
Please which skill can one learn that is less saturated,am confused whether to learn web design or data science about to pay the fee please advise
Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jun 30, 2021
ArticleBeast:
While you may later earn as a Nigerian, it is difficult at first. Also if u are in the writing niche u will experience more difficult
Honestly boss. I don hear am here.
Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by Cipherson(m): 9:08pm On Jun 30, 2021
Seriously.
I think this thread is for me .
Been on upwork for a while now and haven't made a dime.
I have sent proposals like crazy although not consistent.

One of you guys who have cashed out big time should teach us upcoming the ladder to follow ���

Na beg we dey beg...no be shakara

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jun 30, 2021
Freelancing ain't easy bro. Though it pays good money (if you're good and lucky). Yes you need luck to get one or two stable and consistent clients.
If you're into writing, you go hear am oooo at least when you're just starting out. Fiverr, Upwork and many other freelance sites now have much competition unlike what 2015 - 2018. On my own part, I experienced setbacks twice (my accounts were banned permanently) . This has made me start all over again. I hope it gets better this time around.
Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by Hassanmaye(m): 9:12pm On Jun 30, 2021
Ajiswaggs:
My own freelance work na survey. And I do make $30 daily if I'm lazy but I'm serious I can make up-to $50 a day.
How do you receive this coins sir is it free
Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by kriss27(m): 9:14pm On Jun 30, 2021
Meklex:
I make at least 500k/per month on Fiverr (not steady)
With graphics design?
Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by heybeebugatty(m): 9:16pm On Jun 30, 2021
abdulwahhab001:
Please were you at any point asked to pay security fee or deposit money before starting a project?
No, not at all
Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by heybeebugatty(m): 9:16pm On Jun 30, 2021
kriss27:
With graphics design?
Project n assignment for students (M.sc n Phd)

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by blueprint22(m): 9:21pm On Jun 30, 2021
[quote author=Dailyparrot post=103235573]

You need a mentor. That's the problem some people trying to break into the freelance space don't know.

I once charged a guy a meager 20k to teach him Fiverr and he was like, that's much.

I laughed him because I know his first job on that platform might be 50k.[/quote

Let talk....i want to learn
Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by Hightser: 9:25pm On Jun 30, 2021
Junnior:

How long did it take you to learn UI/UX ?

Depends on how consistent you are with learning. But on the average, 3 months is the highest cause ui/ux also has graphics in it which includes illustrator, photoshop and sometimes Indesign .
Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by PRINCEHAZAEL: 9:25pm On Jun 30, 2021
Ajiswaggs:
My own freelance work na survey. And I do make $30 daily if I'm lazy but I'm serious I can make up-to $50 a day.
abeg link me up with this job Biko
Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by Adegunle4(m): 9:27pm On Jun 30, 2021
Dailyparrot:

You need a mentor. That's the problem some people trying to break into the freelance space don't know.

I once charged a guy a meager 20k to teach him Fiverr and he was like, that's much.

I laughed him because I know his first job on that platform might be 50k.

Bro, please I need someone to lead me on this Fiverr platform... I offer Architectural services and I have gotten a few jobs on Upwork... I have good contents and also very good at what I do but I don’t just seem to have a way around this Fiverr thing.
Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by kriss27(m): 9:27pm On Jun 30, 2021
heybeebugatty:

Project n assignment for students (M.sc n Phd)
Okay
Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 30, 2021
Ojemalad:
That's great! I think the problem that is common to every freelancer that always complains is laziness. You must always be online and also try not to miss a chat for instance on Fiverr and you reduce sleeping all night. Creat heart-blowing gigs. Moreover, don't forget God in your equation. Remember you are not the only one on the platform. #Be prayerful and offer excellent jobs whenever the opportunity comes.
make he stay awake at night,that means na one thing make them different from yahoo boy,the thing is legal/illegal
Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by Adegunle4(m): 9:28pm On Jun 30, 2021
Dailyparrot:

I laughed him because I know his first job on that platform might be 50k.
Bro, please I need someone to lead me on this Fiverr platform... I offer Architectural services and I have gotten a few jobs on Upwork... I have good contents and also very good at what I do but I don’t just seem to have a way around this Fiverr thing.
Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by Juanmike(m): 9:33pm On Jun 30, 2021
Jh0wsef:
I make money literally everyday from designing.
Once you are good, then you're good to go.

You get referrals. In fact na you go tire.

I don't use upwork / fiverr nonsense. Lots of competition.

I get most of my clients from nairaland! Yes, clients full here. Both home based and foreign clients..[/b]Design what?

[b] If you want to learn how to design. Send me a DM (P.S NOT FREE)

https://www.nairaland.com/5586025/hey-check-out-designs/4#103230737
Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by blueprint22(m): 9:33pm On Jun 30, 2021
AntichristXXX:
I make over 350k per month from Upwork. That's not much because that's only $750. If you're serious and good at what you do, you can make up to $5k. I know what I'm saying.

Bro...Abeg let talk... undecided
Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by PenpalOso: 10:44pm On Jun 30, 2021
Bro I’m a writer on fiverr too but no gig yet. Please I’d appreciate if you share tips on how to navigate the market. The only thing I survive on now is writing for Nigerian employers for horrible pay. I’m tayad but dint wanna give up. sad
AntichristXXX:

Nope. Writer.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by elmas(m): 10:52pm On Jun 30, 2021
Using foreign numbers, is it fine?
Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by Dandy1(m): 10:54pm On Jun 30, 2021
Jh0wsef:
I make money literally everyday from designing.
Once you are good, then you're good to go.

You get referrals. In fact na you go tire.

I don't use upwork / fiverr nonsense. Lots of competition.

I get most of my clients from nairaland! Yes, clients full here. Both home based and foreign clients..

If you want to learn how to design. Send me a DM (P.S NOT FREE)
https://www.nairaland.com/5586025/hey-check-out-designs/4#103230737

LOL. You are short changing yourself. If you are as good as you said you are, then you have more chances of making more money with foreign clients. Nowadays, I catch my clients on freelance sites and take them out of there.

Working from home is sweet, my neighbours think I'm into yahoo or something. �

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by Dandy1(m): 11:00pm On Jun 30, 2021
Jrevelation:
please I need application to spy on my wife phone most especially that Whatsapp ,she is always on that WhatsApp

Mumu like you. People are talking about making money here, your dumb head is thinking about catching a cheating partner. Up your game bro

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by davidkingsley59(m): 11:03pm On Jun 30, 2021
Nothing good comes easy.. I started my blog in 2016 but knew it might not yield instant cash, so I delved into fiction novels. Now I live on earnings from writing thesis, dissertation, research proposal, personal statement, assignments and more for undergraduates, Masters and PhD students. My secret? I strive hard enough to satisfy my clients, and more importantly, I learn from new challenges--with a passion to stay on top of my game. Although professional academic writing is paying my bills, I'm still working hard everyday on the other gigs.

Learn everything you can, bro. Try something new...But don't move too far from your passion...Competence and professionalism are keys to keeping your clients satisfied.

It might take time to reap the fruits of hard work and perseverance. Tough battles and resounding victories.

www.meziesblog.com

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by zoezoelogistics(m): 11:07pm On Jun 30, 2021
Franklyspeakin:
Me wondering what ui/ux is
User Interface
User Experience
Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by DreamAmerican: 11:13pm On Jun 30, 2021
N2B2:

If you don't see a future in what you're currently doing, then why are you doing it?

Who mentioned 9 - 5s? Isn't freelancing what we're talking about?

I earned almost 500k last month, and I had taken 2 weeks off.

I never said you were.

If you know Nigeria is heading in the wrong direction, why not spend your valuable time focusing only on the area you want to specialize in? Nigerians are making money on Upwork and Fiverr, and you can too.

But you shouldn't expect people to come and pay you to do jobs in an area you're not even sure you want to specialize in. If you want to book an urgent ride, would you choose a new driver who doesn't know his way around and isn't sure he wants to drive?

Bro, please reply my mail.
Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by Annie001: 11:51pm On Jun 30, 2021
Ajiswaggs:
Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by Johnwick64: 11:58pm On Jun 30, 2021
Ajiswaggs:
sir can you teach me the ropes to earn like this too and we can work on a percentage for my first few jobs?.

I gain and you gain

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by mekuso89(m): 12:24am On Jul 01, 2021
Ojemalad:
what gig do you sell
Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by niel63(m): 12:37am On Jul 01, 2021
Deerock:

Sir, please can u kindly help me list out the unsaturated fields with good pay..

I'm almost done with my web development training, and it seems web dev. Is among the saturated field..

Please help a brother, before hunger go wear me nose mask if web Dev go delay my freelancing incomes

Saturated but quite relevant. Up your current skills etc.
If you think web dev is a joke, you wouldn't see wix sponsoring football leagues ... grin grin grin

Stay focused bro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Adamawa Policeman Weeps As He Is Dismissed From Service For Wrongdoing (Video) / Npower Recruitment 2016 Shortlisted Candidates List – Npower Shortlisted Candida / PHCN Staff Loses Both Arms After Being Electrocuted While On Official Duty. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.