Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:27 PM

What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate (28449 Views)

My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria / My Experience As A Banker / My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by dniceguy1: 12:48pm On Dec 30, 2022
[b][/b]hey guys,
Although, we know that "life goes on " as they say, but some life challenges doesn't seems go with these rules,or let's say it does, but after some hurdles,
So, let's share our experiences as a 3rd class graduate.
Mine is a little bit funny cos after one or two interviews with stories that touches, I think life is about to end,
Although, still in search for job WITH ZERO HOPE but I STILL thank God for his plans for my life.

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by speedxe1256(m): 2:41pm On Dec 30, 2022
Keep pushing

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 31, 2022
I finished with a third class too but currently work for one of the best fintechs in nigeria with a good pay( though it wasn't an easy journey). There are some things I'll like to share with u that will help you get a good job..drop your whatsapp number so I can chat u

126 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by dniceguy1: 7:27am On Jan 01, 2023
R

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by dniceguy1: 7:29am On Jan 01, 2023
Thanks, that's what am doing.
speedxe1256:
Keep pushing

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by HRprof: 9:53am On Jan 01, 2023
dniceguy1:
[b][/b]hey guys,
Although, we know that "life goes on " as they say, but some life challenges doesn't seems go with these rules,or let's say it does, but after some hurdles,
Mine is a little bit funny cos after one or two interviews with stories that touches, I think life is about to end,
Although, still in search for job WITH ZERO HOPE but I STILL thank God for his plans for my life.
Keep hope alive and don’t let ordinary certificate discourage your ambition. Many renowned persons come out with 3rd class but they didn’t stop there or allow grade stop them from becoming who they want to be example Wale shoyinka .
Meanwhile, in this world of technology, certification doesn’t matter anymore what matters is your skill what you can do not what you have on a paper. If you don’t have skills get one now.
My 2 cents

73 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by sageb: 10:39am On Jan 01, 2023
HRprof:

Keep hope alive and don’t let ordinary certificate discourage your ambition. Many renowned persons come out with 3rd class but they didn’t stop there or allow grade stop them from becoming who they want to be example Wale shoyinka .
Meanwhile, in this world of technology, certification doesn’t matter anymore what matters is your skill what you can do not what you have on a paper. If you don’t have skills get one now.
My 2 cents

Wole soyinka is not a 3rd class graduate.
Soyinka had 2.1

133 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Kelvindate(m): 1:56pm On Jan 01, 2023
[quote author=ericmaestro post=119589605]I finished with a third class too but currently work for one of the best fintechs in nigeria with a good pay( though it wasn't an easy journey). There are some things I'll like to share with u that will help you get a good job..drop your whatsapp number so I can chat u

I just graduated with third class and I family have cursed and insulted me over it. I would like to know how u went through it to get a job. My WhatsApp contact is 08107478930

7 Likes

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by EbenezerTriumph: 3:35am On Jan 02, 2023
dniceguy1:
[b][/b]hey guys,
sorry but why did you graduate with third class?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Jb95(m): 10:52pm On Jan 02, 2023
You are not stuck in job-seeking stage because of your result rather because of the condition of the country. Forget about 3rd class, a lot 2.2, 2.1 and 1st class grads are also going through same thing you are going through.

Forget about your cert, work on yourself, get some practical skills and jobs might even start looking for you if have the necessary skills.

164 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by dniceguy1: 1:18am On Jan 03, 2023
I really love this question,
To be sincere, it is my fault cos I hate to find excuse for my shortcomings in life.
Although, I tried my best to avoid this, but it was when it's TOO LATE.
EbenezerTriumph:
sorry but why did you graduate with third class?

33 Likes

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by EbenezerTriumph: 2:30am On Jan 03, 2023
dniceguy1:
I really love this question,
To be sincere, it is my fault cos I hate to find excuse for my shortcomings in life.
Although, I tried my best to avoid this, but it was when it's TOO LATE.
graduated with something far worse than a third class which was just a pass degree, infact I dropped out sef after knowing my fate
Went back to the university to finish up with a 2:1 years later (just graduated).
How old are you?
Try self development and invest in acquiring skills, drop the certificate and go for full time hustle with savings for investment in mind

45 Likes

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by dniceguy1: 3:06pm On Jan 04, 2023
Am in my late 20's
EbenezerTriumph:
graduated with something far worse than a third class which was just a pass degree, infact I dropped out sef after knowing my fate
Went back to the university to finish up with a 2:1 years later (just graduated).
How old are you?
Try self development and invest in acquiring skills, drop the certificate and go for full time hustle with savings for investment in mind

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Adimwellloaded: 4:54pm On Jan 04, 2023
Hey bro,
3rd class or not,
It doesn't define your dream life.
Right now ,the ball is in your court.
What you need is self development,
Take free online courses to boost your CV.
Click on the below link , log in to sign up and get started.
https://alison.com/courses/business?utm_source=alison_user&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_campaign=820991

Study is free
There loads of other courses there too that might interested you
After study, an international recognized certificate will be given to u

Keep hope alive
All will be well

dniceguy1:
[b][/b]hey guys,

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Ritero: 10:36am On Jan 05, 2023
sageb:

Wole soyinka is not a 3rd class graduate.
Soyinka had 2.1 from Unibadan

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Heroicvic(m): 10:36am On Jan 05, 2023
We should make reading our hobby
All these questions will be avoided

12 Likes

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Offpoint1: 10:36am On Jan 05, 2023
In this internet age, don't let school certificate defines you.

All you need in this era of tech is EDUCATION and the INTERNET.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Slurity(m): 10:37am On Jan 05, 2023
Except for a very rare cases, if you graduate with 3rd class degree in Nigeria, just go and learn another business or you further your study to get a second degree, my over 10 years of job seeking and helping companies to recruit clearly point to the fact that 3rd class has less than 30% chance of getting invitations for interview and less than 10% chance of beating other competitors, people already form an opinion about them before even hearing them out.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Sthandawasam(m): 10:37am On Jan 05, 2023
HRprof:

My 2 cents

Wole soyinka debunked this rumor he never graduated with a 3rd class

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by YourNextLevel(m): 10:37am On Jan 05, 2023
Certificate is trash in this country. The question is who do you know ?

So vote wisely

8 Likes

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by sircatherine45(m): 10:37am On Jan 05, 2023
I'm no third class graduate, but they have massive opportunities abroad than here. For instance, there are schools in the UK that you can use your 3'1 to do Masters.

But to boost this opportunities, have a LinkedIn profile to sell your skills in your career. Be good at it, and I'm telling you this today, you'll always fly higher in the skies.

9 Likes

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by lomprico(m): 10:38am On Jan 05, 2023
dniceguy1:
[b][/b]hey guys,

Equipt yourself with some ICT skills. And be independent. Or go for Pgd + masters if its employment you want.
Even strong 2.1 dey roam our streets dey find job.

It's well.

7 Likes

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by donaldking10: 10:38am On Jan 05, 2023
reason why we should always work hard while in school.

11 Likes

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by datola: 10:38am On Jan 05, 2023
HRprof:

My 2 cents

Wole Soyinka graduated with 3rd class Wrong information.

Your best examples should be late Gani Fawehinmi(arguably Nigeria's most brilliant lawyer then)

Femi Falana also graduated with a low grade from Ife (OAU).

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by jimter44(m): 10:38am On Jan 05, 2023
dniceguy1:
[b][/b]hey guys,

Speak positively like a normal human being.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Batson22: 10:39am On Jan 05, 2023
08107448422...pls sir you can also chat me up for opportunity....thank you sir

Although, my whatsapp phone is currently faulty, but I don't want any chances to slide by me. Here is my email sir..
purposeall25@gmail.com
[/quote]
Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Greystone: 10:39am On Jan 05, 2023
My ex Gf had a lot of difficulty finding employment with her 3rd class certificate.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by fasmukol: 10:39am On Jan 05, 2023
My brother, just square up your mind and look for something you can do with your head and hands.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by martyns303(m): 10:39am On Jan 05, 2023
It actually doesn’t matter, except you are naturally not smart person. Grade doesn’t matter anymore, I know someone with a pass earning $7k right here in Nigeria.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate by Sammy07: 10:40am On Jan 05, 2023
You're 2.1 like this comment wink

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Does Consolidated Salary Actually Mean / Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami / How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.