Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,948 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Receives PDP Certificate Of Return From Secondus - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Receives PDP Certificate Of Return From Secondus (15725 Views)

Atiku Abubakar Receives PDP Certificate Of Return / Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Wins PDP Governorship primary Election / 'Where Is Your Money Coming From'? - Secondus Asks Umahi After Seeing Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Receives PDP Certificate Of Return From Secondus by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:22pm On Jun 30, 2021
ANAMBRA 2021: VALENTINE OZIGBO RECEIVES PDP CERTIFICATE OF RETURN AS GOVERNORSHIP CANDIDATE FOR NOV POLL

Valentine Ozigbo, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) flag-bearer for the 2021 Anambra governorship election, has been presented with his certificate of return after winning the party's primary election held on Saturday, June 26, 2021.

Prince Uche Secondus, the National Chairman of the PDP, presented the certificate to Ozigbo on Wednesday, June 30, 2021, at the National Headquarters of the PDP at Wadata House, Wuse Zone 5, Abuja.

Ozigbo, who is the immediate past President and Group CEO of Transcorp Plc, emerged as the party's candidate for the November 6 election after polling the majority of the votes at the party primary held at the Prof Dora Akunyili Women Development Center on June 26, 2021.

At the brief ceremony, Prince Secondus applauded the peaceful conduct of the June 26 guber primary of the party describing it as "one of the most peaceful processes in the history of the party".

In his address, Ozigbo expressed gratitude to the leadership of the PDP for prioritising the unity of the party and its chances at the general election. He urged other aspirants and other stakeholders of the party to put the past behind and work together with him to ensure victory for the PDP over the incumbent All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA).

"Today, I stand before you to express my gratitude. When I started this journey, I said to everybody who cared to listen that I am on this journey because I believe in our party," Ozigbo said.

"We have seen a commendable change in the leadership in the most recent years. I was fascinated by the remarkable shift we have witnessed under the leadership of Prince Uche Secondus.

"The commendable leadership also extends to the state level. His Excellency Peter Obi, other leaders and BOT members who have shown great leadership, I thank them," he added.

The business mogul also commended the electoral process that produced him as the candidate of the PDP. He appreciated Philip Shaibu, the Deputy Governor of Edo State and the entire electoral panel for their professionalism.

"We eventually went through the primary and by any measure, it was one of the most transparent and most peaceful. On that note, I want to appreciate the panel that conducted the primary, especially the Deputy Governor of Edo State for the good work.

"I am grateful for their fairness because it guaranteed that someone like me would emerge.

"I'm proud to tell you that I emerged through a free and fair process, compared to what is happening in other parties like APGA and APC," Ozigbo declared.

Mr Ozigbo issued a clarion call to the PDP saying that it is "not yet celebration time". He called for party unity and consolidation ahead of the November election.

"So we are here not only to celebrate the certificate of return. This is a call to action, it's not yet celebration time. On November 6, we go to the polls and I guarantee you that for the first time in 16 years, PDP will take Anambra State," Ozigbo said with confidence.

"I receive this certificate, fully aware of the responsibilities that come with it. We are confident that no matter how formidable our opponents may appear, we will emerge victorious in the end.

"You have in me, a flag-bearer that represents the hopes and aspirants of the youth. You have that the women of Anambra have endorsed and blessed

"I had the privilege of canvassing, interfacing, and campaigning across the length and breadth of Anambra State interacting with our people at the grassroots. I know them, I know what they want, and I know the wide acceptability of my candidacy. I am confident we will win this election," Ozigbo said.

He was accompanied to the event by the Hon. Val Ayika, the Director of Strategy and Media of the VCO Campaign Organisation, Chief Okey Ezibe, Mr Benji Uba, Chuma Nzeribe, a former aspirant, Dr Harry Oranezi, Chief Ugochukwu Okeke, and Dr Alex Obiogbolu, a former governorship candidate.

Valentine Ozigbo is one of Africa's biggest sports promoters, being the Chairman of Feet 'N' Tricks International the exclusive hosts of the Nigerian Freestyle Football Championship and the African Freestyle Football Championship. He is also one of Nigeria's most recognisable philanthropists.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Receives PDP Certificate Of Return From Secondus by NwaAmaikpe: 2:23pm On Jun 30, 2021
shocked

When Maduka was busy collecting awards in Sheraton Hotel, the MD of Transcorp hotels kept his eye on the ball knowing that elections are not won through awards.

Congratulations to Valentine Ozigbo for clinching this resounding victory.

God knows that if a Certificate of Return was like an award, some people would have arranged it for Dr Maduka.

"This life no balance"

35 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Receives PDP Certificate Of Return From Secondus by Mgreat(m): 2:31pm On Jun 30, 2021
Congrats Val

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Receives PDP Certificate Of Return From Secondus by Flexherbal(m): 2:34pm On Jun 30, 2021
Congratulations to him.

Politics self!!!
Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Receives PDP Certificate Of Return From Secondus by kenzysmith: 2:35pm On Jun 30, 2021
Second us self is not happy. PDP just blew their chances cause Anambra people were ready to root for maduka

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Receives PDP Certificate Of Return From Secondus by ekeleboy(m): 2:35pm On Jun 30, 2021
Are you looking for a reliable and professional website builders/graphics designers?
Worry no more we are here to offer the best service you will never regret in life. We will build a professional website for your business, school, Organization, and any other websites you want at an affordable price. We also offer premium graphics design services
Help us find you contact the number on the Ads flyer
Rush now Up to 75% discount Await you

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Receives PDP Certificate Of Return From Secondus by Badonasty(m): 2:35pm On Jun 30, 2021
Na so dem scam uncle Maduka

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Receives PDP Certificate Of Return From Secondus by slawormiir: 2:36pm On Jun 30, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Go go pdp
Kick them balls

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Receives PDP Certificate Of Return From Secondus by temitope27(m): 2:36pm On Jun 30, 2021
K
Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Receives PDP Certificate Of Return From Secondus by tutudesz: 2:37pm On Jun 30, 2021
Oga Court matters full ground O!! grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Receives PDP Certificate Of Return From Secondus by sweetshisha: 2:37pm On Jun 30, 2021
Second.... US

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Receives PDP Certificate Of Return From Secondus by ArewaNightmare: 2:37pm On Jun 30, 2021
grin Am only concerned about those plotting to carry ballot box for these criminals

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Receives PDP Certificate Of Return From Secondus by Focusmind: 2:38pm On Jun 30, 2021
Nothing wey Kanu no go see for DSS hand undecided

2 Likes

Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Receives PDP Certificate Of Return From Secondus by kenzysmith: 2:38pm On Jun 30, 2021
Flexherbal:
Congratulations to him.

Politics self!!!
My broda since PDP failed to give maduka the ticket Anambra election comot
our body the same fools will still give atiku the ticket again 2023 and blew their chances NiGerians are ready to vote for a novice someone that not in the system this is what PDP is missing. Republican field a non politician Donald trump against a grounded polictian Hilary Clinton and he won.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Receives PDP Certificate Of Return From Secondus by Ceenachi: 2:38pm On Jun 30, 2021
Ok na....

Hope Umeaba has given Ugochukwu Uba his own grin grin
Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Receives PDP Certificate Of Return From Secondus by Crunchyg3: 2:38pm On Jun 30, 2021
Seriously I don't know what to talk about this outcome. I would have loved it if it was Maduka but it's what it is. We are looking.
In another news
Nawao is that how easy it is to relocate. With which money na or is the government going to give them money?
In another news
Are you are in Lagos, around (Mushin,Yaba Surulere, Ijesha, isolo, Oshodi,) side and you can work as a Promoter/Marketer for a fast moving product. Contact me immediately with the number below on my signature for urgent job. Salary -30k
Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Receives PDP Certificate Of Return From Secondus by ednut1(m): 2:39pm On Jun 30, 2021
Maduka please go and contest in USA

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Receives PDP Certificate Of Return From Secondus by IPIGSRDOTARDS: 2:39pm On Jun 30, 2021
Tax collectors have collected again.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Receives PDP Certificate Of Return From Secondus by morule20(m): 2:40pm On Jun 30, 2021
Who is dis guy sef? I know he can never be d best for anambra state.. PDP and their wayo politics, they will not change...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Receives PDP Certificate Of Return From Secondus by adioolayi(m): 2:40pm On Jun 30, 2021
Anambra politics get K-leg across all the parties grin

3 Likes

Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Receives PDP Certificate Of Return From Secondus by olaszydaruma(m): 2:40pm On Jun 30, 2021
APC is PDP; PDP is APC. Know this and know peace wink

6 Likes

Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Receives PDP Certificate Of Return From Secondus by HEBEI: 2:40pm On Jun 30, 2021
Kajydh bank bdyei!
Ajhdue bksey bdlgi.
Abdh venyr cdnu hdlfi
Site tiwvd bhfsy bdjry
Maodjr fjutv bauyr.

Our Smelly zombies understand cool

Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Receives PDP Certificate Of Return From Secondus by Chizillar1(m): 2:41pm On Jun 30, 2021
Ok

Production manual for Chemical based Products like never before covering Cosmetics, Adhesives, Beverages and Food, Disinfectant, Industrial chemicals, Lubricants, Paints,Printing Inks, Stain Removers, Soaps and detergents, wood finishes etc and over 100 product formulations, processing method & Usage, Equipment & tools, quality parameter, sources of raw material, useful tips and all relevant Information.
Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Receives PDP Certificate Of Return From Secondus by Justus180(m): 2:41pm On Jun 30, 2021
Maduka would have been 10x beta Dan dis guy if only he knew dat Nigeria politics is different from the western world...
If this is how Uche Secondus runs PDP den it means PDP will Neva win anything under his watch...

6 Likes

Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Receives PDP Certificate Of Return From Secondus by Suspect33(m): 2:41pm On Jun 30, 2021

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Receives PDP Certificate Of Return From Secondus by HEAVEN4444: 2:42pm On Jun 30, 2021
firstus secondus

(1) (2) (Reply)

Saraki Meets IBB, PDP Delegates In Niger State (Photos) / Orji Uzor Kalu: Equity Means South East, Otherwise The North East Can Have It / Zulum Apologises To Atiku Over Attack On Convoy In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.