Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,146 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Wins PDP Governorship primary Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Wins PDP Governorship primary Election (34906 Views)

Anambra Election: PDP's Ozigbo Wins Own Polling Unit / Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Visits Atiku's Residence, Seeks Full Support / Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Receives PDP Certificate Of Return From Secondus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Wins PDP Governorship primary Election by vicdom(m): 10:58pm On Jun 26, 2021
A banker, Valentine Ozigbo, has emerged as the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Anambra State.

The 50-year-old Mr Ozigbo polled 62 out of 218 votes to beat 13 other aspirants who were on the ballot.

Some aspirants had withdrawn from the primary out of protest because of the new list of delegates that was released by the National Working Committee of the party.

Besides, a faction of the party had held a parallel primary elsewhere in Awka which produced Ugochukwu Uba as its own candidate.

The candidates defeated by Mr Ozigbo included Uche Ukwunife, a serving senator, who scored 44 votes and came third in the primary which was conducted late into Saturday night.

Obiora Okonkwo, a billionaire businessman, came second with 58 votes.

Mr Ozigbo was the president and chief executive officer of Transnational Corporation of Nigeria Plc (Transcorp) from 2019 to 2020.

He has worked with several banks in Nigeria, including Diamond Bank and the United Bank for Africa.

Mr Ozigbo will be contesting against a former governor of Central Bank of Nigeria, Charles Soludo, who is the candidate of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) for the November 6 governorship election in the state.

APGA is the ruling party in the state.

The All Progressives Congress was yet to declare its candidate for the election at the time of this report.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/470157-anambra-2021-valentine-ozigbo-wins-pdp-primary-to-challenge-soludo-others.html

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Wins PDP Governorship primary Election by athaboi(f): 11:08pm On Jun 26, 2021
Lol
This one wey em face strong like this?? Well no one should trust Nigeria politicians...it's possible they have reached agreement with him to do some deal when he become the governor!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Wins PDP Governorship primary Election by Ugonna62: 11:10pm On Jun 26, 2021
Congrats to prof.Charls soludo the next governor of Anambra state.its now very obvious that with this pramaries PDP is not a serious opposition party.

192 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Wins PDP Governorship primary Election by Aksnoopy: 11:11pm On Jun 26, 2021
This transcorp scammer!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Wins PDP Governorship primary Election by orohbiro(f): 11:11pm On Jun 26, 2021
When I told people the winner is busy neigeociating is victory two weeks ago they all insulted me shouting Maduka up and down.elections is not won by pictures but doing your underground work

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Wins PDP Governorship primary Election by vicdom(m): 11:15pm On Jun 26, 2021
Ugonna62:
Congrats to prof.Charls soludo the next governor of Anambra state.its now very obvious that with this pramaries PDP is not a serious opposition party.
Exactly!! That Ad-hoc delegate list that was earlier voided by FCT high court would have been the best to produce most popular candidate. But it ruined everything for PDP. As it is now, I doubt if PDP would even come 3rd in the main election.

Lalasticlala

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Wins PDP Governorship primary Election by kenzysmith: 11:17pm On Jun 26, 2021
So Maduka no get level.
Maduka be like upon all the cars I shared and all the orphanage wey I visit

121 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Wins PDP Governorship primary Election by Katier00(f): 11:18pm On Jun 26, 2021
Pdp just gave Soludo the ticket to government house on a platter of gold. So sad

109 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Wins PDP Governorship primary Election by kenzysmith: 11:20pm On Jun 26, 2021
Mannagrill what did u have to say about ur Maduka?

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Wins PDP Governorship primary Election by WhatCanIsay(m): 11:22pm On Jun 26, 2021
Maduka is a poverty alleviation programme for his supporters. Every election year he comes out, shares the most of cash, and makes the most of noise. At the end, with a hand you can always count the number of votes he gets during the primaries.

It seems someone cursed him with politics as a way of impoverishing him.

26 Likes

Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Wins PDP Governorship primary Election by garfield1: 11:23pm On Jun 26, 2021
vicdom:

Exactly!! That Ad-hoc delegate list that was earlier voided by FCT high court would have been the best to produce most popular candidate. But it ruined everything for PDP. As it is now, I doubt if PDP would even come 3rd in the main election.

Lalasticlala

Later,you will somersault and say pdp will win

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Wins PDP Governorship primary Election by garfield1: 11:23pm On Jun 26, 2021
kenzysmith:
So Maduka no get level.
Maduka be like upon all the cars I shared and all the orphanage wey I visit

Dont worry.maduka will emerge from the uba faction.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Wins PDP Governorship primary Election by Indispensable85(m): 11:25pm On Jun 26, 2021
Maduka got just 5 votes? Hahaha. ...

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Wins PDP Governorship primary Election by fergie001: 11:27pm On Jun 26, 2021
garfield1:

Dont worry.maduka will emerge from the uba faction.

Uba faction is non-existent. His brother won in his own faction defeating Ezeemo..... grin grin

He is a comedian.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Wins PDP Governorship primary Election by kenzysmith: 11:27pm On Jun 26, 2021
WhatCanIsay:
Maduka is a poverty alleviation programme for his supporters. Every election year he comes out, shares the most of cash, and makes the most of noise. At the end, with a hand you can always count the number of votes he gets during the primaries.

It seems someone cursed him with politics as a way of impoverishing him.
upon all the noise of Maduka am still in shock Nigerian politics be wan kind

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Wins PDP Governorship primary Election by vicdom(m): 11:30pm On Jun 26, 2021
garfield1:

Later,you will somersault and say pdp will win
Mark it somewhere, it will be very difficult for PDP to even come 3rd, with this unpopular candidate. Congratulations to Prof Chukwuma charles Soludo.

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Wins PDP Governorship primary Election by garfield1: 11:30pm On Jun 26, 2021
fergie001:

Uba faction is non-existent. His brother won in his own faction defeating Ezeemo..... grin grin

He is a comedian.

How is it non existent na? You are concluding too early.uba has always had his way in anambra pdp.dont forget the fhc high court is not the last court,a lot can change between now and oct

2 Likes

Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Wins PDP Governorship primary Election by garfield1: 11:31pm On Jun 26, 2021
vicdom:

Mark it somewhere, it will be very difficult for PDP to even come 3rd, with this unpopular candidate. Congratulations to Prof Chukwuma charles Soludo.

I know.I just want you to start arguing hypocritically like you did in bayelsa

5 Likes

Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Wins PDP Governorship primary Election by Timnico: 11:31pm On Jun 26, 2021
I always knew elections are not won on social media, when I saw this transcorp guy resign his job just to contest I knew Elumelu must have negotiated for him, moreover most of the shareholders at Transcorp are PDP big boys, Dr. Maduka should invest his money wisely and go learn politics.
No be by carry small boys around and snapping pictures.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Wins PDP Governorship primary Election by vicdom(m): 11:34pm On Jun 26, 2021
garfield1:

I know.I just want you to start arguing hypocritically like you did in bayelsa
I don't argue blindly like you nah. Even though I'm apologetic to PDP, I just stated the fact that PDP would lose woefully to soludo, unlike you that would want to be living in denial.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Wins PDP Governorship primary Election by fergie001: 11:42pm On Jun 26, 2021
garfield1:

How is it non existent na? You are concluding too early.uba has always had his way in anambra pdp.dont forget the fhc high court is not the last court,a lot can change between now and Oct

No chance. He has lost this one.
It doesn't exist. The NEC of the Party beat him to that with the statutory delegates stuff.....

vicdom:

Calm down....; na prayer now.

Soludo isn't in the best of positions rn.
Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Wins PDP Governorship primary Election by TotoGame(m): 11:44pm On Jun 26, 2021
Soludo might end up winning in all the 21 LGAs In Anambra state

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Wins PDP Governorship primary Election by vicdom(m): 11:45pm On Jun 26, 2021
TotoGame:
Soludo might end up winning in all the 21 LGAs In Anambra state
As a matter of fact, Soludo doesn't have opponents in the coming election.

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Wins PDP Governorship primary Election by TotoGame(m): 11:49pm On Jun 26, 2021
vicdom:

As a matter of fact, Soludo doesn't have opponents in the coming election.

Aswear man!

INEC should just declare him Governor-elect

No need for any election again

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Wins PDP Governorship primary Election by garfield1: 11:55pm On Jun 26, 2021
fergie001:

No chance. He has lost this one.
It doesn't exist. The NEC of the Party beat him to that with the statutory delegates stuff.....

Calm down....; na prayer now.

Nwannem,am not really bothered about pdp since a useless candidate has emerged but for record purpose since majority of the delegates didn't vote,the courts can void it if uba faction raises it.but I dont really care.its apga am after

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Wins PDP Governorship primary Election by garfield1: 11:55pm On Jun 26, 2021
vicdom:

I don't argue blindly like you nah. Even though I'm apologetic to PDP, I just stated the fact that PDP would lose woefully to soludo, unlike you that would want to be living in denial.

I know with soludo,apc has little chances

3 Likes

Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Wins PDP Governorship primary Election by vicdom(m): 12:00am On Jun 27, 2021
garfield1:

I know with soludo,apc has little chances
Where's the chance? You will see how Soludo is going to humiliate all if them come Nov 6

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Wins PDP Governorship primary Election by garfield1: 12:02am On Jun 27, 2021
vicdom:

Where's the chance? You will see how Soludo is going to humiliate all if them come Nov 6

There are chances via the courts and rigging sha

2 Likes

Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Wins PDP Governorship primary Election by fergie001: 12:02am On Jun 27, 2021
garfield1:

Nwannem,am not really bothered about pdp since a useless candidate has emerged but for record purpose since majority of the delegates didn't vote,the courts can void it if uba faction raises it.but I dont really care.its apga am after
The Courts cannot.

How many votes is a design of the NEC of the Party and falls within the purview as such. It is the internal workings of the Party.
Non-justiceable.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Wins PDP Governorship primary Election by TalkTalkTwins(m): 12:03am On Jun 27, 2021
I always said it...
There's more to winning an election than posting on the social media

Alex Reports can now rest...lol

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Wins PDP Governorship primary Election by EmekaA125(m): 12:07am On Jun 27, 2021
Timnico:
I always knew elections are not won on social media, when I saw this transcorp guy resign his job just to contest I knew Elumelu must have negotiated for him, moreover most of the shareholders at Transcorp are PDP big boys, Dr. Maduka should invest his money wisely and go learn politics.
No be by carry small boys around and snapping pictures.
PDP will come distant 4th behind YPP.

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ekweremadu, Lawan, Fashola And 4 Other Who Have Lived On Public Funds For 20yrs / It’s Time To Vote Out ‘I Will Do President’ – Amaechi Blasts Jonathan / How Buhari Directed Me To Initiate Shehu Sani ‘s Recall From Senate – El-rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.