Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Why Are Graphics Designers So Underrated In Tech Industry?!! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Why Are Graphics Designers So Underrated In Tech Industry?!! (726 Views)

Most Of The Global Layoffs Have Been In Tech / Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? / Why Is It That The Things That Give Money In Tech Are Always Hidden? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Graphics Designers So Underrated In Tech Industry?!! by TechMod(m): 2:36am On Jul 01, 2021
Graphic designers have become somewhat of a laughing stock in the tech industry, their work has been deemed less technical and it's annoying the hell out of me. Now a design can cost as low as $10. mehn its really that bad.

here's a video that sheds more light on the topic.. what do you think, lets hear your thoughts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfIq8hJqMlc
Re: Why Are Graphics Designers So Underrated In Tech Industry?!! by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:15am On Jul 01, 2021
Lol only quack designers get 10 USD. Most of the designers get very good salaries even much more than Devs. They are the lifeblood of every project especially in this age where UI and UX is extremely important.

Even junior ui and UX designers get much higher salaries than Devs when starting out. A Dev will be getting 100 to 150k. A UI UX designer will be getting 200 to 300k.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Graphics Designers So Underrated In Tech Industry?!! by TechMod(m): 3:41pm On Jul 02, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
Lol only quack designers get 10 USD. Most of the designers get very good salaries even much more than Devs. They are the lifeblood of every project especially in this age where UI and UX is extremely important.

Even junior ui and UX designers get much higher salaries than Devs when starting out. A Dev will be getting 100 to 150k. A UI UX designer will be getting 200 to 300k.

Quack designers are huge in Fiverr then. Lol
Re: Why Are Graphics Designers So Underrated In Tech Industry?!! by chim14(m): 5:10pm On Jul 02, 2021
Graphic Designers most times earn more than we developers or coders, it will shock you.

Where I worked few years ago, with all the head I was cracking coding, I learnt the lead graphic designers salary was alot bigger than mine. Even social media / campaign manager salary is big compared to developers too

1 Like

Re: Why Are Graphics Designers So Underrated In Tech Industry?!! by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:35pm On Jul 02, 2021
chim14:
Graphic Designers most times earn more than we developers or coders, it will shock you.

Where I worked few years ago, with all the head I was cracking coding, I learnt the lead graphic designers salary was alot bigger than mine. Even social media / campaign manager salary is big compared to developers too
A guy I know started learning UI and ux design middle of last year. He got a job paying him 4000 USD a month by January. A junior ui and UX designer. Even in Nigerian companies UI and UX designer salaries are two times that of Devs.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Graphics Designers So Underrated In Tech Industry?!! by GeneralDae: 5:53pm On Jul 02, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

A guy I know started learning UI and ux design middle of last year. He got a job paying him 4000 USD a month by January. A junior ui and UX designer. Even in Nigerian companies UI and UX designer salaries are two times that of Devs.
I think ux/ui design is more difficult than development especially for those who are more analytical than they are creative.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Graphics Designers So Underrated In Tech Industry?!! by TechMod(m): 7:47pm On Jul 02, 2021
GeneralDae:

I think ux/ui design is more difficult than development especially for those who are more analytical than they are creative.
definately
Re: Why Are Graphics Designers So Underrated In Tech Industry?!! by TechMod(m): 7:48pm On Jul 02, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Woah.. that's nice
Re: Why Are Graphics Designers So Underrated In Tech Industry?!! by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 04, 2021
TechMod:

Quack designers are huge in Fiverr then. Lol
Everything quack is huge on Fiverr, that's where you'll see someone asking for 10usd to create a custom website

(1) (Reply)

How Close I Was To A Great Success In My Life / Rate The Website I Created / Learn These Skills For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.