Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

Blame Yourselves For Your Problems Not Religion Or Ethnicity – President Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Blame Yourselves For Your Problems Not Religion Or Ethnicity – President Buhari (1356 Views)

Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi / “face Your Problems Not My Performance At PDP Primary” – Saraki Replies APC / Nigeria’s Problems Not A Matter Of Restructuring, Says Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blame Yourselves For Your Problems Not Religion Or Ethnicity – President Buhari by valentineuwakwe(m): 6:14am On Jul 01, 2021
President Muhammadu Buhari has said ethnicity and religion are not the problems of Nigeria.

Buhari said Nigerians should blame themselves for the inherent injustices in the country.

The President spoke while receiving members of the Muhammadu Buhari/Osinbajo (MBO) Dynamic Support Group, at the State House in Abuja.

This was contained in a statement forwarded to DAILY POST by his spokesman, Femi Adesina.

Recounting his struggles to get justice at the courts, after disputed results of presidential elections in 2003, 2007, and 2011, Buhari submitted that people who ruled against him were of his own ethnic stock and religious persuasion, while those who stood up for him were of other faiths and ethnicity.

“Our problem is not ethnicity or religion, it is ourselves,” the President submitted.

“After my third appearance in the Supreme Court, I came out to speak to those who were present then. I told them that from 2003, I’d spent 30 months in court.

“The President of the Court of Appeal, the first port of call for representation by presidential candidates then, was my classmate in secondary school in Katsina. We spent six years in the same class, Justice Umaru Abdullahi.

“My legal head was Chief Mike Ahamba, a Roman Catholic and an Ibo man. When the President of the court decided that we should present our case, my first witness was in the box.

“Ahamba insisted that a letter should be sent to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), to present the register of constituencies in some of the States, to prove that what they announced was falsehood. It was documented.

“When they gave judgment, another Ibo man, the late Justice Nsofor, asked for the reaction from INEC to the letter sent to them. They just dismissed it. He then decided to write a minority judgment. That was after 27 months in court.

“We went to the Supreme Court. Who was the Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN)? A Hausa-Fulani like me, from Zaria. The members of the panel went in for about 30 minutes, came back to say they were proceeding on break. They went for 3 months. When they came back, it didn’t take them 15 minutes, they dismissed us.

“In 2007, who was the CJN? Kutigi. Again, a Muslim from the North. After 8 months or so, he dismissed the case.

“Again in 2011, because I was so persistent, Musdafa, a Fulani man like me, from Jigawa, neighbour to my state, was a CJN. He dismissed my case.

“I’ve taken you round this to prove that our problem is not ethnicity or religion. It is ourselves.

“I refused to give up. I had tried to wear Agbada after what happened to me in Khaki.”
Source: https://dailypost.ng/2021/06/30/blame-yourselves-for-your-problems-not-religion-or-ethnicity-president-buhari/

Re: Blame Yourselves For Your Problems Not Religion Or Ethnicity – President Buhari by MyGovNigeria(m): 6:16am On Jul 01, 2021
Absolutely right.
Re: Blame Yourselves For Your Problems Not Religion Or Ethnicity – President Buhari by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 6:19am On Jul 01, 2021
Hehehe Baba funny gan��
"I have decided to wear Agbada after what happened to me in Khaki"

In reality, Baba is right to some extent. Nigeria is bad, things are hard alright; what about Nigerians living in European and Asian countries where things are "soft" why the high level of desperation and criminality? How many well to do European countries still accept Nigerians? We commit crime virtually in every country of this world we find ourselves in, not minding the consequences.
But, Baba is still one of us and part of the problem too.
Re: Blame Yourselves For Your Problems Not Religion Or Ethnicity – President Buhari by mcmurphy132(m): 6:19am On Jul 01, 2021
This man again
Re: Blame Yourselves For Your Problems Not Religion Or Ethnicity – President Buhari by Fahdiga1: 6:21am On Jul 01, 2021
Imagine what a president is telling his people. So unpresidential

1 Like

Re: Blame Yourselves For Your Problems Not Religion Or Ethnicity – President Buhari by Grace001: 6:22am On Jul 01, 2021
Mr president have just justified his nepotism act , 80% of his kinsmen can head the positions in as much as the person in that position is qualify . So Nigerians it doesn’t matter who is the head of the parastatals, just blame yourself if you’re not treated fairly.

1 Like

Re: Blame Yourselves For Your Problems Not Religion Or Ethnicity – President Buhari by NaijaOlosho(f): 6:23am On Jul 01, 2021
grin
When a fool is the leader
Re: Blame Yourselves For Your Problems Not Religion Or Ethnicity – President Buhari by Eriokanmi: 6:24am On Jul 01, 2021
Useless man saying useless stuffs again. I hope It's now clear in the eyes of your supporters that you're nothing but a scam....the worst president ever. I bought one dollar for 500 naira yesterday. They kill Nigerians like fowl everyday. Death news, which used to scare people has become a norm today.

I'd urge you go settle scores with the international community which stopped you from going on medical vacation by denying you clearance. I so loved the sanction. Go and make use of the state house clinic, a facility situated on a 3-plot of land, including staff quarters where you and abba kyari spent over 13 billion naira in 2017 to equip with nothing to show for it. Your wife and daughter are living witnesses to lack of equipment y in that small place, in which so much was sunk, no be electorate talk am, garuba shame and liar muhamed would have rushed to the media and said the information was false.

I'm still waiting for them to come out and tell us why you suddenly made a u-turn about your medical trip to the UK. Its been over 72 hours already and we've not heard a word from your dogs. A leader is expected to walk his talk. I was watching this man ahead of 2015 elections during a Lagos Town Hall meeting on channels, during which he said he would stop political office holders from seeking medical treatment abroad, not knowing he would be the number one person to break that promise.

4 Likes

Re: Blame Yourselves For Your Problems Not Religion Or Ethnicity – President Buhari by Dozis: 6:24am On Jul 01, 2021
How do we survive another two years of this man??
Re: Blame Yourselves For Your Problems Not Religion Or Ethnicity – President Buhari by pyyxxaro: 6:24am On Jul 01, 2021
Yusuf with your frying pan head
Re: Blame Yourselves For Your Problems Not Religion Or Ethnicity – President Buhari by slawormiir: 6:24am On Jul 01, 2021
Damnnn niggar
I agree on this one
Re: Blame Yourselves For Your Problems Not Religion Or Ethnicity – President Buhari by tuna85: 6:24am On Jul 01, 2021
Are you sure that these 'President Buhari' tagged headlines are not coming from the likes of Garba Shehu or Adesina?

We see numerous of such headlines lately, are you thinking what m thinking?
Re: Blame Yourselves For Your Problems Not Religion Or Ethnicity – President Buhari by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 6:24am On Jul 01, 2021
Fahdiga1:

What do you expect him to tell you? Pet us? While we keep rotting away? Too much inborn of criminality among Nigeria populace and that's just the reality.
Re: Blame Yourselves For Your Problems Not Religion Or Ethnicity – President Buhari by whirlwind7(m): 6:24am On Jul 01, 2021
Wow
Just wow!!
Here's the words of the president of Africa's most populous and one of the most diverse countries on planet earth.
Buhari ALWAYS lay blames on everyone else apart from himself.
An ethnic and religious bigot saying ethnicity and religion isn't the problem.
Sorry, Your Royal Dumbness, but you have shown countless times that this two factors are your biggest obstacle.

Nigerians deserve you. Go harder!
Re: Blame Yourselves For Your Problems Not Religion Or Ethnicity – President Buhari by TimmyTen(m): 6:25am On Jul 01, 2021
I will agree with Mr. Lifeless for once to some extent but the fact remains, what has he done about the failed judicial system since he assumed office The only thing that has improved in Nigeria since 2015 is Buhari's health.
Re: Blame Yourselves For Your Problems Not Religion Or Ethnicity – President Buhari by BonPatrick(m): 6:25am On Jul 01, 2021
Useless bastard Human being God will punish you. You will never see peace in your life and your family. Fool
Re: Blame Yourselves For Your Problems Not Religion Or Ethnicity – President Buhari by pafestula(m): 6:25am On Jul 01, 2021
Do I need to blame you? The answer is No!
You ran the affairs of this nation with Khaki you failed! yet your followers forced Agbada on you due to your level of your desperation, and yet you failed! Maybe your daft followers want you to run the affairs of this country with boxers or Jalamia or Celestial garment for you to get something right. Thanks for blaming those fools who imposed you on us and still ready to die for you till now.

According to what you claimed to have witnessed in the past while seeking for justice, what have you done to correct the abnormalities in the judiciary? Till now you keep assigning your people with no merit to key and sensitive positions.
Re: Blame Yourselves For Your Problems Not Religion Or Ethnicity – President Buhari by Sirlins(m): 6:25am On Jul 01, 2021
Pm have destroyed Nigeria, you will not understand until you travel out
Re: Blame Yourselves For Your Problems Not Religion Or Ethnicity – President Buhari by Solomonudofia(m): 6:25am On Jul 01, 2021
Lolz
Re: Blame Yourselves For Your Problems Not Religion Or Ethnicity – President Buhari by Seniorwriter(m): 6:25am On Jul 01, 2021
Deep Quote
Citizens suffer when there is a bad leadership in power.

We need young visionary leaders not all these charlatans in power.

@Seniorwriter
Re: Blame Yourselves For Your Problems Not Religion Or Ethnicity – President Buhari by kelly72: 6:26am On Jul 01, 2021
President or gateman?
Tufiakwa!
Re: Blame Yourselves For Your Problems Not Religion Or Ethnicity – President Buhari by Lanre4uonly(m): 6:26am On Jul 01, 2021
It is well.
Re: Blame Yourselves For Your Problems Not Religion Or Ethnicity – President Buhari by Progressyac: 6:26am On Jul 01, 2021
Nigeria wahala be like .......
Re: Blame Yourselves For Your Problems Not Religion Or Ethnicity – President Buhari by Dovegrey: 6:26am On Jul 01, 2021
Hahaha oga you are the problem of Nigerian
Re: Blame Yourselves For Your Problems Not Religion Or Ethnicity – President Buhari by Bossontop(m): 6:26am On Jul 01, 2021
undecided
And you are the reason why Nigerians should blame themselves....... mtcheewww

[img]https://media1./images/486c5c5c4f66eac55b035ba6dcbe4594/tenor.gif?itemid=8134339[/img]
Re: Blame Yourselves For Your Problems Not Religion Or Ethnicity – President Buhari by gambia(m): 6:26am On Jul 01, 2021
This useless man again, imagine what a president is vomiting from his gutter mouth, I dont blame you, I blamed people who voted for you the second time after seeing all your flaws, nonsense and Buhari with his zombies.

1 Like

Re: Blame Yourselves For Your Problems Not Religion Or Ethnicity – President Buhari by TheRealKing(m): 6:27am On Jul 01, 2021
The lifeless one speaks again
Re: Blame Yourselves For Your Problems Not Religion Or Ethnicity – President Buhari by BonPatrick(m): 6:28am On Jul 01, 2021
Very annoying human being
Eriokanmi:
Useless man saying useless stuffs again.
Re: Blame Yourselves For Your Problems Not Religion Or Ethnicity – President Buhari by Asianjollof007: 6:28am On Jul 01, 2021
Buhari, your papa!
Re: Blame Yourselves For Your Problems Not Religion Or Ethnicity – President Buhari by BonPatrick(m): 6:28am On Jul 01, 2021
Useless man
Re: Blame Yourselves For Your Problems Not Religion Or Ethnicity – President Buhari by eedriyz(m): 6:29am On Jul 01, 2021
Fahdiga1:

Read beyond headlines na.

“Our problem is not ethnicity or religion, it is ourselves,”

(1) (2) (Reply)

IPOB Storm British Embassy Greece, Demand Kanu's Release - Pictures / SR: Abba Kyari, Was Behind Secret Killing Of Over 100 Igbo Youths - INTERSOCIETY / After The Court Judgment, Umahi Is No Longer The Gov - Paul Ananaba (SAN)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.