Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,086 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

How Many Liters Of Water Per Acre (herbicides) - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How Many Liters Of Water Per Acre (herbicides) (3171 Views)

Lagon Herbicides For Sale---SOLD / 100 Liters Of Rabbit Urine Available For Sale In Ibadan Now / Pesticides, Herbicides, everythingcides (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Liters Of Water Per Acre (herbicides) by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 05, 2021
FarmTech:
We are all learning.
There is a weed on my farm than resemble sedges. their roots have the same ant-like smell, the problem is, my cir are between 3 - 4 weeks old when they started germinating, so I sprayed in-between the rows with glyphosate, now dey died very well, abt two weeks in, another set germinates, now it got me thinking, I've got to get my hands on pre emergence herbicides, if they are compatible with glyphosate will be a bonus
Re: How Many Liters Of Water Per Acre (herbicides) by FarmTech(m): 9:41pm On Jul 06, 2021
ekerensima:
There is a weed on my farm than resemble sedges. their roots have the same ant-like smell, the problem is, my cir are between 3 - 4 weeks old when they started germinating, so I sprayed in-between the rows with glyphosate, now dey died very well, abt two weeks in, another set germinates, now it got me thinking, I've got to get my hands on pre emergence herbicides, if they are compatible with glyphosate will be a bonus
pre emerg. herbicides mainly deal with germination weed seeds, not already germinated weeds. Why not use paraquat? It will be safer.
Re: How Many Liters Of Water Per Acre (herbicides) by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 07, 2021
FarmTech:

pre emerg. herbicides mainly deal with germination weed seeds, not already germinated weeds. Why not use paraquat? It will be safer.
if may farm was filled with only grasses, contact herbicides will be an option, this will only reactivate the now dormant broadleafs(they bear suckers) glyphosphate has given them pause already, maybe athrazine will help me.
Re: How Many Liters Of Water Per Acre (herbicides) by FarmTech(m): 9:45pm On Jul 07, 2021
ekerensima:
if may farm was filled with only grasses, contact herbicides will be an option, this will only reactivate the now dormant broadleafs(they bear suckers) glyphosphate has given them pause already, maybe athrazine will help me.
Ok. Try it and update us.

1 Like

Re: How Many Liters Of Water Per Acre (herbicides) by bluice25: 8:43am On Apr 04, 2022
FarmTech:

Ok. Try it and update us.
Please how many kg of atrazine is needed for 5 acres of maize
And dosage too
Re: How Many Liters Of Water Per Acre (herbicides) by FarmTech(m): 12:13pm On Apr 22, 2022
bluice25:

Please how many kg of atrazine is needed for 5 acres of maize
And dosage too
I havent used it b4
Re: How Many Liters Of Water Per Acre (herbicides) by treasuremi1(m): 12:12pm On Sep 09, 2022
I just planted soybean on 2 acres of land. I'm thinking of spraying pesticides and herbicides on the farm. I noticed there are lots of grasshoppers on the farm weeds have started growing because the planting was done after the ridges have been made several weeks ago. Though we did some manual weeding before planting, but I'm making plans to spray both herbicides and pesticides already.
What are the recommendations and suggestions for these herbicides and pesticides? Which particular brand is most effective? What is the quantity required? Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rabbits : Flemish Giant Rabbits Now Available / Large White Vs Camborough Pig Breed / Shipping Food Items To The UK, US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.