Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,814 members, 7,956,078 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:40 AM

My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. (29883 Views)

Deeone Tells People Joking About God Of Chosen To Ask God For Forgiveness / What Happens To Those Who Did Evil To Fulfill The Scriptures ? / My Confusion About The Claims of Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Kobojunkie: 3:20pm On Jul 03, 2021
biggy26:

You unfortunately said nothing. I thought I could learn one or two things from you. Have a nice day!
Ok
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by thoollz: 6:57pm On Jul 03, 2021
My own question is this, if God created Adam as a white man, took from his ribs to create a white woman as his wife. How come is the entire world not white? At what time did a white man change into a black man that birthed the blacks all over the world if we are to follow the Bible.

Another quick question, when the towel of babel was built, God brought confusion amidst the builders by changing their languages...but realistically from what we see on the TV, once u ascend above the sky u'll definitely be in space as there's no heaven above the clouds only space, and other planets. If God knew this, why change their languages?
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Kobojunkie: 7:06pm On Jul 03, 2021
thoollz:
My own question is this, if God created Adam as a white man, took from his ribs to create a white woman as his wife. How come is the entire world not white? At what time did a white man change into a black man that birthed the blacks all over the world if we are to follow the Bible.

Another quick question, when the towel of babel was built, God brought confusion amidst the builders by changing their languages...but realistically from what we see on the TV, once u ascend above the sky u'll definitely be in space as there's no heaven above the clouds only space, and other planets. If God knew this, why change their languages?
1. But where.exactly does your story of a white Adam and a white Eve come from cause it does not seem to come from the bible at all? . undecided

2. You should probably read the book again so you can ask meaningful questions next. undecided
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by thoollz: 8:00pm On Jul 03, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. But where.exactly does your story of a white Adam and a white Eve come from cause it does not seem to come from the bible at all? . undecided

2. You should probably read the book again so you can ask meaningful questions next. undecided

So you are saying the biblical Adam and eve were not white? So were they black?

Don't evade the question, if I've not read the Bible as well as you claimed, can you point out the answers to me so I can read them?
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Kobojunkie: 8:11pm On Jul 03, 2021
thoollz:
So you are saying the biblical Adam and eve were not white? So were they black?

Don't evade the question, if I've not read the Bible as well as you claimed, can you point out the answers to me so I can read them?
You have access to the same book that I do. If you can find where there skin color is specified, let me know. undecided

The book is written in human language to be comprehended by the human mind. This isn't about reading it well but basing questions on that which is in fact written and not that which is instead imagined. undecided
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by thoollz: 8:49pm On Jul 03, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You have access to the same book that I do. If you can find where there skin color is specified, let me know. undecided

The book is written in human language to be comprehended by the human mind. This isn't about reading it well but basing questions on that which is in fact written and not that which is instead imagined. undecided

Since there were 2 genders mentioned in the Bible without their colour descriptions, it is safe to say it's all fallacy since the people living in this world currently are either white or black.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by keppler: 5:31am On Jul 04, 2021
Workch:
Jesus is also very debatable. No evidence that he ever walked this planet
Then you are now allowing your bias make judgement for you. Of course, you said you are an atheist, hence, you wouldn't want to agree to that very fact that Jesus walked this planet even when no informed scholar (even the liberal ones) would agree with that
Saying Jesus is debatable is like throwing virtually all other history into the ocean, which of course would make one sound funny.

Even if one plays the atheist game of throwing the Bible away, He was still recorded in other historical works which no atheist can throw away.

But if Jesus exist and walked this planet, then atheism mostly would be a belief system (denial) as against their recent (confused) definition of "lack of belief", hence many (though not in scholarly circles anyway) attack the scripture or deny Jesus' existence.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by keppler: 5:40am On Jul 04, 2021
Workch:
Jesus and the description ascribed to him has not been proven. There’s nothing in reality to point to the fact that such man walked on this planet.

The name “Jesus” in reality even means nothing in any language

I already answered the objection in the other post. It is some atheists fanciful wish that Jesus never lived. What many contest are the miracles ascribed to him and that's because of their own belief system which FORBIDS miracles.
Your second sentence as I said earlier would mean that you have to throw virtually all works of ancient history in to the ocean. One has to be consistent and not apply double standards.

Your last sentence is invalid because the etymology of the name is known. That (j) is now pronounced (dz) which is formally pronounced as (y) should be known before making such statement. The name can be properly traced back to its Hebrew origin via Latin.
So your bias of not wanting it to be true is really telling on you my friend. There's no point in suppressing the truth just as the Bible predicted
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by HRprof: 10:41am On Jul 04, 2021
Happy Sunday my pipul. .... I want to worship here today
My confusions about the Christian faith is the teaching and concept in the bible that contradictions itself.
However, can anyone help me answer my questions below ���
1. The location of these heaven and hell.
2. If we are spirit man, how does spirit consumed by fire inside hellfire while the body is been rotten in the grave.
3. They said after death comes judgement and at the same time said on the last day the dead shall raise again for judgement day? Contradiction.
4. If dead raise again on the judgement day what happen to those that died inside the sea and fish eat their bones and flesh then we bought these fish in the market, cook and eat them. My question is where will the bone raise from?
5. Is Jesus the son of God or God himself...? Remember Jesus said as he is so are we... that means if he is God we are also God , if he is son of God so are.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Kobojunkie: 4:07pm On Jul 04, 2021
HRprof:
My confusions about the Christian faith is the teaching and concept in the bible that contradictions itself.
2. If we are spirit man, how does spirit consumed by fire inside hellfire while the body is been rotten in the grave.
3. They said after death comes judgement and at the same time said on the last day the dead shall raise again for judgement day? Contradiction.
4. If dead raise again on the judgement day what happen to those that died inside the sea and fish eat their bones and flesh then we bought these fish in the market, cook and eat them. My question is where will the bone raise from?
5. Is Jesus the son of God or God himself...? Remember Jesus said as he is so are we... that means if he is God we are also God , if he is son of God so are.
If after reading the book for your self you are stil this confused, my suggestion is that you stop worrying about what is written in it. Dump the book completely and go live your life as you choose abeg. undecided
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by HRprof: 4:14pm On Jul 04, 2021
Kobojunkie:
If after reading the book for your self you are stil this confused, my suggestion is that you stop worrying about what is written in it. Dump the book completely and go live your life as you choose abeg. undecided
Is obviously you don't have answer to the question I ask, why not jump and pass my comment must you comment ? You that understand the book oya answer just 1 out of the 5 questions
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Kobojunkie: 4:32pm On Jul 04, 2021
HRprof:

Is obviously you don't have answer to the question I ask, why not jump and pass my comment must you comment ? You that understand the book oya answer just 1 out of the 5 questions
You confuse me with you there. undecided

I don't have the questions you have. Matter of fact, your confusion is all you hence the reason why I suggest to you what I will suggest to all others like you. undecided

If you are this confused about what is written in the book, rather than ask others to fill you in, dump the book and move on with your life. undecided
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by HRprof: 6:32pm On Jul 04, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You confuse me with you there. undecided

I don't have the questions you have. Matter of fact, your confusion is all you hence the reason why I suggest to you what I will suggest to all others like you. undecided

If you are this confused about what is written in the book, rather than ask others to fill you in, dump the book and move on with your life. undecided

You are the type of pastor who claim to be called by God but when a church member ask questions regarding what is in the bible which he can not clarify, he will direct the person to ask Holy Spirit or Angel to explain. We know them. Don't bother responding I will not reply
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by livingchrist: 8:00pm On Jul 04, 2021
HRprof:
Heaven and hell are spiritual dimension, heaven is upward and hell is downward they are not physical dimension so even if you go up in the physical heavens or dig down the earth you wont see them.
Heaven is said to have doors and windows and hell is said to have gate these are portals into those dimension which opens after death.
There are generally two dimensions one is the physical dimensions and the other is the spiritual dimension demons and angels operates in the spiritual dimension but can also manifest in the physical dimensions.

like I said hell is a spiritual reality, just as physical fire affects the physical body so also so hell fire affect the spirit, for example the demons begged Jesus not to torment them which means spirits can be tormented.

After death comes Judgment but this judgment has stages, judgment starts after death but extends to the white thrown judgment.

That is nothing before God, the book of proverbs tells is that God comprehends even the dust of the earth, every atom that make up a person God knows them and he can put them together.

Jesus is the son of God and God himself.
These two statements seems contradictory but they are not actually.
Jesus is the son of God as regard his relationship withing the trinity, same way as the holy spirit is called the spirit of God even though God is a spirit, however does that mean God who is a spirit has a spirit?
God the fathe, God the Son and God the Holy spirit means the way the persons 0f the trinity relates with each other, God is a trinue being meaning he is three individuals but the way each of these individuals relate with one another is different.

The first and second person of the trinity relates with each other as Father to Son, the third person relates as the spirit, so Jesus is the son of God as his relationship with the father but in his nature he is one and same God with the father , so we can say Jesus and the father are same God but different individuals.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by livingchrist: 8:07pm On Jul 04, 2021
Evidence of the trinity can be seen in the fact that God is love.

For love to be defined there needs to be atleast two persons, a giver and a reciever.
The father loves but the son is the object of the father's love while the spirit seals the love as a witness of that love.

God send his love to us, Jesus is that love and the holy ghost seals that love in us.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Kobojunkie: 8:16pm On Jul 04, 2021
HRprof:
You are the type of pastor who claim to be called by God but when a church member ask questions regarding what is in the bible which he can not clarify, he will direct the person to ask Holy Spirit or Angel to explain. We know them. Don't bother responding I will not reply
I am not one of them pastors, no. I am instead a follower of Jesus Christ who believes what Jesus Christ said that not everyone is bound for His Heaven. undecided

Jesus Christ Himself told you that only those who are taught by His Father - not your pastors- belong to Him - John 6 vs 43 - 45 & Jeremiah 31 vs 31-34 . So if you cannot even use your own understanding in comprehending even that which is written to you in a book, what good will my teling you make your soul? undecided

Drop that book and instead go out there and live your life the way you want. undecided
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by HRprof: 6:51pm On Jul 05, 2021
livingchrist:
Heaven and hell are spiritual dimension, heaven is upward and hell is downward they are not physical dimension so even if you go up in the physical heavens or dig down the earth you wont see them.
Heaven is said to have doors and windows and hell is said to have gate these are portals into those dimension which opens after death.
There are generally two dimensions one is the physical dimensions and the other is the spiritual dimension demons and angels operates in the spiritual dimension but can also manifest in the physical dimensions.

like I said hell is a spiritual reality, just as physical fire affects the physical body so also so hell fire affect the spirit, for example the demons begged Jesus not to torment them which means spirits can be tormented.

After death comes Judgment but this judgment has stages, judgment starts after death but extends to the white thrown judgment.

That is nothing before God, the book of proverbs tells is that God comprehends even the dust of the earth, every atom that make up a person God knows them and he can put them together.

Jesus is the son of God and God himself.
These two statements seems contradictory but they are not actually.
Jesus is the son of God as regard his relationship withing the trinity, same way as the holy spirit is called the spirit of God even though God is a spirit, however does that mean God who is a spirit has a spirit?
God the fathe, God the Son and God the Holy spirit means the way the persons 0f the trinity relates with each other, God is a trinue being meaning he is three individuals but the way each of these individuals relate with one another is different.

The first and second person of the trinity relates with each other as Father to Son, the third person relates as the spirit, so Jesus is the son of God as his relationship with the father but in his nature he is one and same God with the father , so we can say Jesus and the father are same God but different individuals.

Thank you for taking your time to explain all.

1 Like

Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by HRprof: 7:01pm On Jul 05, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I am not one of them pastors, no. I am instead a follower of Jesus Christ who believes what Jesus Christ said that not everyone is bound for His Heaven. undecided

Jesus Christ Himself told you that only those who are taught by His Father - not your pastors- belong to Him - John 6 vs 43 - 45 & Jeremiah 31 vs 31-34 . So if you cannot even use your own understanding in comprehending even that which is written to you in a book, what good will my teling you make your soul? undecided

Drop that book and instead go out there and live your life the way you want. undecided

What are you blabbing Olodo ? You are just a noise maker. Person wey know the bible have answered my questions... You can read through to learn stop forming.
Drop which book? I'm alredy living leaving my life in a way i wouldn't create karmic debit to myself. Keep believing that blood of Jesus will keep washing away your sin.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Kobojunkie: 7:08pm On Jul 05, 2021
HRprof:

What are you blabbing Olodo ? You are just a noise maker. Person wey know the bible have answered my questions... You can read through to learn stop forming.
Drop which book? I'm alredy living leaving my life in a way i wouldn't create karmic debit to myself. Keep believing that blood of Jesus will keep washing away your sin.
You subject your understanding to others to teach you of God and you think I am the Olodo here? undecided

There is no blood of Jesus Christ to wash away your sins in much the same way as there is no karmic debt but an illusion you have created in your mind. undecided
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by EXLOVER(m): 12:26am On Aug 20, 2021
Adepts:
I advise any one who has one doubt or the other in the existence of Almighty God or Religion as the case may be should read up the copy Quran
You DM'ed me?
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Littledove07: 12:56pm On Nov 17, 2021
Workch:
My parents had sex and then fertilization occurred and thm I became a developing embryo until my mom gave birth to me.
That's so nice �.... No more comment

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Reveals Paul Adefarasin Is Behind His Boycott From MC Jobs / 2019 Election Prophecies: Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Cautions Men Of God (Video) / Pastor Runs Mad While Praying For Mad Man In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.