Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. (29250 Views)

What Happens To Those Who Did Evil To Fulfill The Scriptures ? / My Confusion About The Claims of Islam / Why Don't Pastors Preach About PAUPER'S TITHE As Prescribed By Scriptures? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Goodnigga: 8:55pm On Jul 02, 2021
Workch:
We don’t know.
therefore Atheism is the definition of ignorance about God. The day you know you will believe. By the way I was almost an agnostic before believing in God. I am a philosopher too and a researcher into universal laws. So when I tell you that there's an entity or Spirit called God, believe. Not because I am religious but because I did my outside-biblical research that proved his existence
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by hupernikao: 9:10pm On Jul 02, 2021
kingxsamz:

Story story.
I don't know why you're wasting your time writing all these. I'm not reading them. Do my assignment first then come back and talk reasonably about your observations.

I will keep watch until you become a good student. Your false claim won't survive here. Laziness is a disease, cure it.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Workch: 9:20pm On Jul 02, 2021
Goodnigga:
therefore Atheism is the definition of ignorance about God. The day you know you will believe. By the way I was almost an agnostic before believing in God. I am a philosopher too and a researcher into universal laws. So when I tell you that there's an entity or Spirit called God, believe. Not because I am religious but because I did my outside-biblical research that proved his existence
If there’s evidence for God, no one will debate it. It’s debatable because there is no evidence.

No one debate the maker of Toyota Corolla because there’s evidence. It’s a fallacy of appealing to authority to believe you just because you are philosopher.

You need to provide evidence irrespective of your status
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by kingxsamz(m): 9:21pm On Jul 02, 2021
hupernikao:

I will keep watch until you become a good student. Your false claim won't survive here. Laziness is a disease, cure it.

grin grin grin
You're free to watch me.
I have some of your colleagues already doing that here. They stalk me and get pained when they see my comments. grin
Anyways, you're welcome to join the list.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Littledove07: 9:21pm On Jul 02, 2021
Hi udoji2021
I want you to understand that bible answer your curious questions only if you can read bible, do more researchs
One thing is try to know your God as ur creator draw close to him and he will draw close to you James 4:8.
Know about his personalities His purpose for man.
One of ur questions says Gods knows that satan will trick eve and adam right and why He didn't stop satan then.
Now God gave adam and eve free will to choose what is right and wrong. But decided to choose wrong which brought about the sufferings and pandemic we are facing now
But the good news is that all these calamities we are facing now will end soon when His Kingdome will be established on earth. That's why do pray for his Kingdome to come because is the solution to man's kind problem.
For any further questions you can inbox me!.. Thanks.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by hupernikao: 9:27pm On Jul 02, 2021
kingxsamz:

grin grin grin
You're free to watch me.
I have some of your colleagues already doing that here. They stalk me and get pained when they see my comments. grin

Stalk you? You really overate your disposition.
I will do same that is done to anyone who don't read but lay claim here. First point of proper argument or claim is to know what you speak of very well and not sound like copywriter. Thats where knowledge reside.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Littledove07: 9:34pm On Jul 02, 2021
Workch:
If there’s evidence for God, no one will debate it. It’s debatable because there is no evidence.

No one debate the maker of Toyota Corolla because there’s evidence

Sorry bro.. You are looking for an evidence of God existence. Stop acting like an unbelievers
The account of creation
The biology of your body system
The air you breathe in
These are some of the evidence of God's existence
The prophecy of the bible now also prove Gods existence
The foolish one says in his heart there is no Jehovah God their actions are corrupt and their dealings are detestable no one is doing good. But Jehovah looks down from heaven on sons of men to see whether anymore has insight whether anymore is seeking Jehovah. The account of psalm 14:1&2
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Goodnigga: 9:42pm On Jul 02, 2021
Workch:

No one debate the maker of Toyota Corolla because there’s evidence. It’s a fallacy of appealing to authority to believe you just because you are philosopher.

evidence of creation, life and universe. And the fact that science could not manufacture life, meant life had a sole maker. Evidence of accuracy of movement of planetary bodies, gravity, electromagnetic laws. That we are all spirit with a soul living in body
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Workch: 9:46pm On Jul 02, 2021
Goodnigga:
evidence of creation, life and universe. And the fact that science could not manufacture life, meant life had a sole maker. Evidence of accuracy of movement of planetary bodies, gravity, electromagnetic laws. That we are all spirit with a soul living in body
Theres no evidence for creation of life and everything.

Because science cannot create life is not evidence that your imaginary friend did it. It’s only evidence that science cannot Create life abinitio. Fallacy of straw man

Out of one accurate planetary bodies, we have several inaccuracies, you should read more astrophysics.

There’s no evidence for spirits and souls
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Workch: 9:48pm On Jul 02, 2021
Littledove07:

Sorry bro.. You are looking for an evidence of God existence. Stop acting like an unbelievers
The account of creation
The biology of your body system
The air you breathe in
These are some of the evidence of God's existence
The prophecy of the bible now also prove Gods existence
The foolish one says in his heart there is no Jehovah God their actions are corrupt and their dealings are detestable no one is doing good. But Jehovah looks down from heaven on sons of men to see whether anymore has insight whether anymore is seeking Jehovah. The account of psalm 14:1&2
Account of creation has no evidence, it’s full of inaccuracies and inconsistencies.

The presence of blood or air is not evidence for your god or creation. I don’t see how it correlates. Your argument is distorted and lacks substance
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Goodnigga: 9:55pm On Jul 02, 2021
Workch:
Theres no evidence for creation of life and everything.

Because cannot create life is not evidence that your imaginary friend did it.

Out of one accurate planetary bodies, we have several inaccuracies, you should read more astrophysics.

There’s no evidence for spirits and souls
psychologist called spirit ( subconscious mind) & soul( conscious mind). Moreover, spirit are intangible and non-visual to any telescope. For astrophysics, if any planetary body, from planets, to sun, moon, satellites make an error or inaccuracy for a fraction of a second, the world will cease to exist. Just the Mars steering away from its orbit will cause catastrophe to the earth.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Workch: 10:01pm On Jul 02, 2021
Goodnigga:
psychologist called spirit ( subconscious mind) & soul( conscious mind). Moreover, spirit are intangible and non-visual to any telescope. For astrophysics, if any planetary body, from planets, to sun, moon, satellites make an error or inaccuracy for a fraction of a second, the world will cease to exist. Just the Mars steering away from its orbit will cause catastrophe to the earth.
You should read more astronomy, you seem to be portraying sciolism is that regard and I am not willing to educate you.

There is no evidence for spirits, it there is, it would have won the Nobel prize. The status of psychology as Whether its science or social science is still debatable .Because psychology often does not meet the five basic requirements for a field to be considered scientifically rigorous: clearly defined terminology, quantifiability, highly controlled experimental conditions, reproducibility and, finally, predictability and testability. If you had said Neuroscience then I would have taken you seriously
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Goodnigga: 10:12pm On Jul 02, 2021
Workch:
You should read more astronomy, you seem to be portraying sciolism is that regard and I am not willing to educate you.

There is no evidence for spirits, it there is, it would have won the Nobel prize. The status of psychology as Whether its science or social science is still debatable .Because psychology often does not meet the five basic requirements for a field to be considered scientifically rigorous: clearly defined terminology, quantifiability, highly controlled experimental conditions, reproducibility and, finally, predictability and testability. If you had said Neuroscience then I would have taken you seriously
I understand your way of reasoning, but are you saying that the psychology is not scientifically rigorous enough? So answer me, what is life? Physical or spiritual? And what makes a body alive or what make it lifeless when dead? What gives life( essence) to humanity?
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Workch: 10:18pm On Jul 02, 2021
Goodnigga:
I understand your way of reasoning, but are you saying that the psychology is not scientifically rigorous enough? So answer me, what is life? Physical or spiritual? And what makes a body alive or what make it lifeless when dead? What gives life( essence) to humanity?
Life is the ability to make energy from organic substance in accordance with encoded information in your Genome. Any living thing should also have the ability to replicate, transcribe and transplant these genetic information into proteins and transfer them to offsprings. This is the definition of life.

What makes you lifeless is when you can do all of the above mentioned.

Life is given by coded information in the gene transferred from parent to offspring. Every information for life is in the genome.

This is the only evidence we have.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Goodnigga: 10:24pm On Jul 02, 2021
Workch:
Life is the ability to make energy from organic substance in according to an encoded information in your Genome. Any living thing should also have the ability to replicate, transcribe and transplant these genetic information into proteins and transfer them to offsprings. This is the definition of life.

What makes you lifeless is when you can do all of the above mentioned.

Life is given by coded information in the gene transferred from parent to offspring. Every information for life is in the genome.

This is the only evidence we have.
Hmm, and how come a dead returns to life or resurrects ?
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Workch: 10:30pm On Jul 02, 2021
Goodnigga:
Hmm, and how come a dead returns to life or resurrects ?
Go read about Lazarus syndrome.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Goodnigga: 10:36pm On Jul 02, 2021
Workch:
You know what, no need of arguing further. If not believing in God has ever benefited you or is benefiting you apart from mere acquisition of knowledge, continue. As for me, you know my stand and I enjoy God. The Spirit called God doesn't reveal Himself to carnal minds or unspiritual mind, for a natural mind understandeth not the things of the spirit for they are foolishness into him. Peace bro!
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Workch: 11:08pm On Jul 02, 2021
Goodnigga:
You know what, no need of arguing further. If not believing in God has ever benefited you or is benefiting you apart from mere acquisition of knowledge, continue. As for me, you know my stand and I enjoy God. The Spirit called God doesn't reveal Himself to carnal minds or unspiritual mind, for a natural mind understandeth not the things of the spirit for they are foolishness into him. Peace bro!
Thanks bro, remember that there’s no evidence that God exist
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by kingxsamz(m): 11:15pm On Jul 02, 2021
hupernikao:

Stalk you? You really overate your disposition.
I will do same that is done to anyone who don't read but lay claim here. First point of proper argument or claim is to know what you speak of very well and not sound like copywriter. Thats where knowledge reside.

Your colleagues are already doing it here. One even followed me to food section... grin grin
You're welcome anyways.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Image123(m): 12:14am On Jul 03, 2021
kingxsamz:

Your colleagues are already doing it here. One even followed me to food section... grin grin
You're welcome anyways.

You really overrate your disposition like he stated. You need to learn the meaning of stalk.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Image123(m): 12:20am On Jul 03, 2021
kingxsamz:

grin grin grin
You're free to watch me.

Samuel how long will you continue to lie to yourself. No one here is as pained as mummy. God will answer her prayers in Jesus name.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by drphantom: 2:07am On Jul 03, 2021
udoji2021:
I have been thinking about this lately and decide to share it here. Don't get me fellas, I'm a Christian and believe in God and his son Jesus Christ

BUT

It is believe that God created the world and knows what happened before, what is happening presently and what will happen later till the end of time. This brings me question on why he allowed Satan to decieve man, why was he also angry since He knew beforehand of what will happen? Then the consequent punishment, was it really justified?

The most confusing part to me now is life after death. I personally believe that there is heaven and hell right from my childhood days until one guy (Jehovah witness) told me that there is nothing like hell, he went on that even heaven is for a specific number of choose people and not for everyone, above all, he said that when one dies, your own is finished and you are not gonna go anywhere. Simply put, your body and spirit will die.

I nearly insulted him for spewing such rubbish but many years after, I'm beginning to think think twice about this issue.
Now, imagine suffering in this life for all the days of your life only to meet death (body and spirit),

My question is;

1) why not just enjoy your life even if it means doing bad things to enjoy life?
If you can't enjoy life, why not kill yourself and rest to avoid the sufferings?

2) Even if there is life after death, what if there is no suffering cos God may decide to give everyone peace after death.

3) Those that didn't hear anything about God, what is their fate?

4) which of the scriptures is to be trusted?

May God forgive my ignorance if what I just wrote is bad and punishable.

Dear sir,

I think you made a fundamental error. You had a questions about the God of the Bible but you brought the question to a public forum filled with diverse ideologies and expect to be less confused?

All you will hear is various opinions which will inevitably lead to arguments amongs those trying to school you and further confusion for you.

Can I suggest a different approach?

You say you are a Christian? Pray and in sincerity ask God to direct you, and trust that He will.
Find a Christian leader whom you respect and who’s lifestyle measures up the the scriptural standard for leadership (1 Timothy 3) in the church….and seek his or her insights into your questions.
Also open and read the Bible for yourself, especially the New Testament, since from a theological perspective, that is the dispensation we live in today. All your questions have answers there…and quite plainly too.

In the time being let me assure you that there is life after death with a few examples
- Jesus said to the repentant thief the he would be with in him in paradise i.e. there would be somewhere called paradise after death
- the story (not parable) of the rich man and Lazarus refers to an after life
- the book of Hebrews refers to a cloud of witness made up of believers who have gone before
Etc

With regards to your second question, again read your New Testament. There will be a reckoning and men will give account for their actions. Therefore not everyone will get peace. All will reap the fruit of their mindset about God.

On question 3, Read Romans 2:12-16 especially verse 12 which says in essence for as many that sinned outside the jurisdiction of the laws of the God will be judged without that law applied…but they will be judged because what the right thing to do is built into all men by instinct.

Romans 2:12-16 (Message translation)
12-13 If you sin without knowing what you’re doing, God takes that into account. But if you sin knowing full well what you’re doing, that’s a different story entirely. Merely hearing God’s law is a waste of your time if you don’t do what he commands. Doing, not hearing, is what makes the difference with God.
14-16 When outsiders who have never heard of God’s law follow it more or less by instinct, they confirm its truth by their obedience. They show that God’s law is not something alien, imposed on us from without, but woven into the very fabric of our creation. There is something deep within them that echoes God’s yes and no, right and wrong. Their response to God’s yes and no will become public knowledge on the day God makes his final decision about every man and woman. The Message from God that I proclaim through Jesus Christ takes into account all these differences.

I deliberately used a simplified version to get you to see it but I recommend the KJV or NKJV….which is also my personal preference in answer to your 4th question. I don’t want to go into debates but I have my reasons.
I will say this though, not every book that has BIBLE or SCRIPTURES written on the cover is a Christian Bible.
On this, google is your friend.
You can easily do a quick background check to confirm the accuracy of any supposed “scriptures”.

I pray God helps you in your search.
He typically helps those seeking Him sincerely to find Him
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by keppler: 4:53am On Jul 03, 2021
Phiniter:

parting of the sea? hahaha...

first of all, show me a proof other than from your Bible where seas are parted and I'll show you a flying man.

tell me what special miracles are exclusive to you the so called God serving Christians that is beyond the Chinese atheist... mention one please
This is the funny trick that wannabe atheists love to play - To show prove (mostly about Christian claims) while excluding the Bible. It is like telling an atheist to prove some of their arguments with the Bible. Sound absurd right? Yes, because both operates within certain worldview.

I already defined miracles but you either fail to see it (maybe due to your a priori bias towards Christianity, or you just couldn't comprehend what I wrote). I said miracles are special way through which God upholds his creation for SPECIFIC PURPOSE. Hence, he parted the red sea for a specific purpose; meaning that, if there is no purpose for doing that again, why should you expect to see such occurrence. It's simple and no need to invoke your flying man comparison.

There's no point telling you since you may explain it away as is common to atheists and wannabes. Just try to comprehend the explanation I gave for miracles so as not to conflate it with GENERAL blessings which was hinted in Matthew 5:45
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by keppler: 5:00am On Jul 03, 2021
Workch:
I want to believe that you wouldn't take Jesus' case as Lazarus syndrome. I just read some of your answers and noted that you may have found enough reasons to justify your unbelief (or simply put, found reasons so that you won't need to belief), but did you bother try looking for reasons to the contrary? I doubt that.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by keppler: 5:02am On Jul 03, 2021
Workch:
Thanks bro, remember that there’s no evidence that God exist
Jesus is the evidence that God exist, bro.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by keppler: 5:06am On Jul 03, 2021
hupernikao:

You are here again making accusation on what you dont know anything about. If you are asked to explain now, you will disappear.

I know you are trying to develop skill to be critical and feel good among those who criticize the scriptures, but you see, you need to be studious and read well so that you wont appear shaky. When you cant explain or defend your utterances, you will be taken as not serious in discussion. That is the training i am giving you here. Because, If you are asked to explained above now, it will become a mountain.

Why is it so easy for you to rely or movies and stories you read than rely on your own proper studying and knowledge.

Please change your ways.
I had to ignore him since he mistook correcting him for his blatantly false claims, as one giving him attention.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Workch: 5:51am On Jul 03, 2021
keppler:

Jesus is the evidence that God exist, bro.
Jesus is also very debatable. No evidence that he ever walked this planet
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Workch: 5:53am On Jul 03, 2021
keppler:

I want to believe that you wouldn't take Jesus' case as Lazarus syndrome. I just read some of your answers and noted that you may have found enough reasons to justify your unbelief (or simply put, found reasons so that you won't need to belief), but did you bother try looking for reasons to the contrary? I doubt that.
Jesus and the description ascribed to him has not been proven. There’s nothing in reality to point to the fact that such man walked on this planet.

The name “Jesus” in reality even means nothing in any language
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Littledove07: 9:27am On Jul 03, 2021
Workch:
Account of creation has no evidence, it’s full of inaccuracies and inconsistencies.

The presence of blood or air is not evidence for your god or creation. I don’t see how it correlates. Your argument is distorted and lacks substance
I see!!!.... Now tell me how did u urself came into existence??
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Workch: 9:32am On Jul 03, 2021
Littledove07:

I see!!!.... Now tell me how did u urself came into existence??
My parents had sex and then fertilization occurred and thm I became a developing embryo until my mom gave birth to me.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by Dtruthspeaker: 9:46am On Jul 03, 2021
Workch:

You are at the level and place of Mr. Toyoda, so he is evident to you.

If you were my neighbours LandCruiser, you would never know Mr Toyoda, which is where you are to God.

But LandCruiser knows, Yaris and Prado and Honda Pilot, exactly as you are to Mr. Toyoda, Steve Jobs, and the carpenter down your street.
Re: My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. by biggy26: 12:51pm On Jul 03, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. A delusion is a lie. So anything that is not the Truth of the Gospel of the Kingdom of God, as taught by Jesus Christ, is a lie aka a delusion. undecided

2. Understanding of God's Word and Law , Jesus Christ, begins from our use of the basic language comprehension skills God has already given to us, in comprehension the Truth of God.

And in the parable of the 10 talent, Jesus Christ explains even further - Luke 19 vs 11- 27 & Matthew 25 vs 14 - 30 - that those who use what has already been given them - in this case, understanding - will have more given to them. But from those who refuse to use what has already been given them, even what they had will be taken away from them. And this goes for everything, including understanding. undecided
You unfortunately said nothing. I thought I could learn one or two things from you. Have a nice day!

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Which Type Of Marriage Does God Recognise? Traditional, Court Or Church? / Why You Feel Remorseful After Certain Sexual Activities / Reverend King Loyalists Celebrate His Birthday With 13pages Advert On Newspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.