Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,069 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

People Who Thinks HTML Is A Programming Language (meme) - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / People Who Thinks HTML Is A Programming Language (meme) (1569 Views)

Why HTML Is Loved For Website Creation / HTML5 A Programming Language Or Not / When U Fail To Level UP In A Particular Programming Language Meme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

People Who Thinks HTML Is A Programming Language (meme) by iExplore(m): 3:57pm On Jul 01, 2021
No Jokes grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: People Who Thinks HTML Is A Programming Language (meme) by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 01, 2021
So what is it? Is it a programming food? undecided
Re: People Who Thinks HTML Is A Programming Language (meme) by iExplore(m): 4:14pm On Jul 01, 2021
Afriqan:
So what is it? Is it a programming food? undecided

I hope you are joking grin
Re: People Who Thinks HTML Is A Programming Language (meme) by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 01, 2021
iExplore:

I hope you are joking grin

Pls enlighten me, if HTML is not a programming language, what is it?
Re: People Who Thinks HTML Is A Programming Language (meme) by iExplore(m): 4:27pm On Jul 01, 2021
Afriqan:

It's a Markup Language
Re: People Who Thinks HTML Is A Programming Language (meme) by Henrydonland(m): 4:29pm On Jul 01, 2021
Me I no know o grin.

Chai, the problem for this corntree no go make pesin rest.
Re: People Who Thinks HTML Is A Programming Language (meme) by ehinorlive: 4:45pm On Jul 01, 2021
Afriqan:

is a markup language or structurred language
Re: People Who Thinks HTML Is A Programming Language (meme) by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 01, 2021
ehinorlive:

is a markup language or structurred language

You're only talking about the description of HTML. By definition, a programming language refers to defined codes which are used to instruct a computer to get the desired outcome. HTML conforms to that and that makes it a programming language, take it or leave it.

What about CSS? Is it just a style sheet language?

You all wanna sound like computer geeks but most of you lack the fundamentals.

2 Likes

Re: People Who Thinks HTML Is A Programming Language (meme) by iExplore(m): 6:08pm On Jul 01, 2021
Afriqan:

You're only talking about the description of HTML. By definition, a programming language refers to defined codes with are used to instruct a computer to get the desired outcome. HTML conforms to the former and that makes it a programming language, take it or leave it.

I knew from the onset that you think HTML is a programming language, when you asked the first question. I also knew you were in for argument.

HTML is a way of adding context and structure to texts. It is used for structural purposes on a web page, not functional ones.

A programming language, on the other hand has functional purposes.

I know you think XML is also a programming language grin

I'm pretty sure you are not a programmer, because if you were, you wouldn't have defined HTML as programming language.
Re: People Who Thinks HTML Is A Programming Language (meme) by ehinorlive: 6:22pm On Jul 01, 2021
Afriqan:

You're only talking about the description of HTML. By definition, a programming language refers to defined codes with are used to instruct a computer to get the desired outcome. HTML conforms to the former and that makes it a programming language, take it or leave it.

you got it wrong again HTML is not compiled.
Re: People Who Thinks HTML Is A Programming Language (meme) by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 01, 2021
ehinorlive:

you got it wrong again HTML is not compiled.

You're the one getting it wrong. While I understand your point about HTML being a mark-up language and all that, the basic definition of a programming language is fulfilled by its functionality.

You're free to disagree...
Re: People Who Thinks HTML Is A Programming Language (meme) by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 01, 2021
iExplore:

I knew from the onset that you think HTML is a programming language, when you asked the first question. I also knew you were in for argument.

HTML is a way of adding context and structure to texts. It is used for structural purposes on a web page, not functional ones.

A programming language, on the other hand has functional purposes.

I know you think XML is also a programming language grin

I'm pretty sure you are not a programmer, because if you were, you wouldn't have defined HTML as programming language.

Contrary to your opinion, I've been coding for years (web dev). The issue of HTML being a programming language is a constant debate in the IT world and I assure you that it's more subjective than objective. People usually go away from the fundamental definition of a programming language and consider conventional technicality especially in contrast to other PL like Python, C etc. What you're saying is typical of software developers who believe in core functionality than the fundamental definition; something I already addressed.

Some industry experts and CS scholars would even prove to you that XML is a programming language by definition, but that's for another day.

3 Likes

Re: People Who Thinks HTML Is A Programming Language (meme) by iExplore(m): 8:00pm On Jul 01, 2021
Afriqan:

Contrary to your opinion, I've been coding for years (web dev). The issue of HTML being a programming language is a constant debate in the IT world and I assure you that it's more subjective than objective. People usually go away from the fundamental definition of a programming language and consider conventional technicality especially in contrast to other PL like Python, C etc. What you're saying is typical of software developers who believe in core functionality than the fundamental definition; something I already addressed.

Some industry experts and CS scholars would even prove to you that XML is a programming language by definition, but that's for another day.

I disagree.
And I'm sure so many programmers would disagree with you, too, considering several facts that comes in play when it comes to comparing HTML to other programming languages or defining HTML as a programming language.

I could provide more information and facts to counter your claims, but I won't because I know nothing I say would change your point of view
Re: People Who Thinks HTML Is A Programming Language (meme) by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 01, 2021
iExplore:

I disagree.
And I'm sure so many programmers would disagree with you, too, considering several facts that comes in play when it comes to comparing HTML to other programming languages or defining HTML as a programming language.

I could provide more information and facts to counter your claims, but I won't because I know nothing I say would change your point of view

Ok man... we don't need to push it any further. Shalom.
Re: People Who Thinks HTML Is A Programming Language (meme) by ehinorlive: 8:16pm On Jul 01, 2021
Afriqan:

You're the one getting it wrong. While I understand your point about HTML being a mark-up language and all that, the basic definition of a programming language is fulfilled by its functionality.

You're free to disagree...

if you believe HTML is a programming language then Microsoft word is a programming language too.
Re: People Who Thinks HTML Is A Programming Language (meme) by Karleb(m): 8:23pm On Jul 01, 2021
How to start a fight :

1. HTML is a programming language.
2. HTML is not a programming language.
3. PHP is dead.
4. Javascript is the best programming language.
5. What is the best Javascript framework?

7 Likes

Re: People Who Thinks HTML Is A Programming Language (meme) by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 01, 2021
ehinorlive:

if you believe HTML is a programming language then Microsoft word is a programming language too.

Don't be an ignoramus bro. undecided
Re: People Who Thinks HTML Is A Programming Language (meme) by jikins(m): 10:26am On Jul 02, 2021
Afriqan:

Your right base on the fundamental definition of a programming language, HTML is a programming language. But as you said that definition of what a programming language must possess has evolved to require certain things that just cannot be done with html.

So in the end it depends on what school of thought or what the definition of programming language is to you. That will determine your answer to if HTML is a programming language. But in reality no one actually cares, just know your stuff and be able to apply it is the most important thing. You would be surprised the irrelevant things programmers argue about. Use of semi colon in javascript can be a polarising topic for developers. Lets not even go into which programing language is superior.

3 Likes

Re: People Who Thinks HTML Is A Programming Language (meme) by seunny4lif(m): 4:29pm On Jul 03, 2021
Sweet fight I swear grin
4. Python is better Java
5. CSS is the best programming language
6. A web designer is a software developer cheesy
7. Frontend vs Backend web developer.

Karleb:
How to start a fight :

1. HTML is a programming language.
2. HTML is not a programming language.
3. PHP is dead.
4. Javascript is the best programming language.
5. What is the best Javascript framework?
Re: People Who Thinks HTML Is A Programming Language (meme) by Etinosa1234: 7:56pm On Jul 03, 2021
seunny4lif:
Sweet fight I swear grin
4. Python is better Java
5. CSS is the best programming language
6. A web designer is a software developer cheesy
7. Frontend vs Backend web developer.

U forgot self taught vs computer scientist
Re: People Who Thinks HTML Is A Programming Language (meme) by seunny4lif(m): 8:04pm On Jul 03, 2021
grin grin
Software developers vs web developers cheesy
Etinosa1234:

U forgot self taught vs computer scientist

(1) (Reply)

Sql Server In Vb.net / Nigerians And C# / HTML Is Not A Programming Language? YES Or NO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.