Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,897 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Again, Zamfara Villagers Block Sokoto-Gusau Road Over Bandits’ Attack - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Again, Zamfara Villagers Block Sokoto-Gusau Road Over Bandits’ Attack (461 Views)

Airstrikes Mistakenly Kill 11 Soldiers, 7 Zamfara Villagers, Injure 70 / Akwa Ibom Evacuates Stranded Citizens From Kastina Over Bandits’ Attacks / My Lucky Experience With Bandits Along Sokoto-gusau Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Again, Zamfara Villagers Block Sokoto-Gusau Road Over Bandits’ Attack by iwaeda: 5:29pm On Jul 01, 2021
The people of Garmar Hannu Village of Maru Local Government Area in Zamfara State have on Thursday blocked Sokoto-Gusau Road, protesting against persistent killings of their people by bandits.

Sokoto-Gusau Road is the most busiest road in the state as it links Sokoto, Kebbi and Zamfara states to other parts of the country including Kano, Kaduna, Abuja, Lagos and Port Harcourt.

The villagers who were mostly women and children blocked the road near Tashar Abu in Bungudu Local Government Area of the state, refusing to allow motorists to pass through.

Recall that the people of Bingi Village of Maru Local Government had last week staged similar demonstration on the same road.

Our reporter who was at the scene discovered that there was a very long queue of vehicles with hundreds of people were left stranded.

The security personnel sent to the place to secure the road could not disperse the angry protesters until some bandits on motorcycles carrying guns approached the place.

The security personnel, the protesters and motorists (including our reporter) ran helterskelter to safety.

An indigene of the area, Umar Yusuf told The PUNCH that they had no alternative than to come out and protest, since they could not get any help against banditry.

Yusuf said, ”The people of Galmar Hannu Village are being killed and kidnapped on daily basis, as such, they resorted to demonstration in order to attract the state government’s attention”.

Another indigene of the area, Aliyu Isa said, “Government must come to our aid and send security personnel to give us protection because the people of Bingi Village who staged similar demonstration last week were given security now.”

A passenger who called himself Ayomide Adeyemo said he was coming from Lagos going to Anka town. He lamented that he was left stranded for several hours.

“I have been stranded here because the villagers have refused to allow us to move on the road,” he said.

Another passenger, Mr. James Ayobami also said that he was traveling to Anka town from Lagos for telecommunication service in the town.

Ayobami said he and his colleagues were sent from Lagos by their company to work in Anka town, the headquarters of Anka Local Government Area in the state. Lamenting, he said ” the villagers have wasted much of our time.

“I have been here for several hours and I don’t know what to do next. I didn’t know much about the insecurity situation in Zamfara State otherwise, I wouldn’t have been here.”

Efforts to get the spokesperson of the state police command, SP Mohammed, to talk failed as he did not answer the calls to his phone.

https://punchng.com/again-zamfara-villagers-block-sokoto-gusau-road-over-bandits-attack/
Re: Again, Zamfara Villagers Block Sokoto-Gusau Road Over Bandits’ Attack by lathrowinger: 5:30pm On Jul 01, 2021
They won't go after them
Re: Again, Zamfara Villagers Block Sokoto-Gusau Road Over Bandits’ Attack by iwaeda: 5:32pm On Jul 01, 2021
Matewelle has joined good buhari's government. So this is fake news.
Re: Again, Zamfara Villagers Block Sokoto-Gusau Road Over Bandits’ Attack by Fahdiga1: 5:32pm On Jul 01, 2021
I thought that with Kanu's arrest all this senseless attacks would have stopped
Re: Again, Zamfara Villagers Block Sokoto-Gusau Road Over Bandits’ Attack by gloriaunobi(f): 5:33pm On Jul 01, 2021
Fake news
Re: Again, Zamfara Villagers Block Sokoto-Gusau Road Over Bandits’ Attack by iwaeda: 5:46pm On Jul 01, 2021
gloriaunobi:
Fake news
They are going to block Nomda.
Re: Again, Zamfara Villagers Block Sokoto-Gusau Road Over Bandits’ Attack by leofab(f): 5:53pm On Jul 01, 2021
Unserious leaders
Re: Again, Zamfara Villagers Block Sokoto-Gusau Road Over Bandits’ Attack by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:22pm On Jul 01, 2021
Mtcheew. Nnamdi Kanu has started attacking villagers in the north from jail.
Re: Again, Zamfara Villagers Block Sokoto-Gusau Road Over Bandits’ Attack by Monogamy: 6:27pm On Jul 01, 2021
Are they talking about Zamfara in Mars, cos to my best of understanding, North is peaceful
Re: Again, Zamfara Villagers Block Sokoto-Gusau Road Over Bandits’ Attack by Maxymilliano(m): 7:05pm On Jul 01, 2021
The number one priority of the governor is how to secure his political ambition, providing security for the helpless villagers who are at the mercy of bandits take the backseat
Re: Again, Zamfara Villagers Block Sokoto-Gusau Road Over Bandits’ Attack by iwaeda: 11:53pm On Jul 01, 2021
If same efforts to fight Igboho and endsars are used, no bandits will be left. Lalasticlala, ogun nbo.
Re: Again, Zamfara Villagers Block Sokoto-Gusau Road Over Bandits’ Attack by Iceyjayz: 5:37am On Jul 02, 2021
gloriaunobi:
Fake news
My personality is not for primitive & uneducated individuals quoting me up and down on Nairaland. So, I don't reply quote. Don't waste your time.
Re: Again, Zamfara Villagers Block Sokoto-Gusau Road Over Bandits’ Attack by iwaeda: 9:15am On Jul 02, 2021
Maxymilliano:
The number one priority of the governor is how to secure his political ambition, providing security for the helpless villagers who are at the mercy of bandits take the backseat

Most of them live in Abuja and Lagos shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

Secession Movement: Dead Before Arrival / Reasoning Behind Southern Governors Demand For Southern President / BREAKING: Senate Approves Buhari’s N2.3trillion Foreign Loan Request.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.