Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,229 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Tenera; The Only Type Of Oil Palm That Can Produce Large Amounts Of Oil - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Tenera; The Only Type Of Oil Palm That Can Produce Large Amounts Of Oil (472 Views)

I need cassava tubers in large amounts now / Super gene and Tenera sprouted palm nuts seedlings is available. / We Buy Cassava Tubers TME 419 In Large Amounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tenera; The Only Type Of Oil Palm That Can Produce Large Amounts Of Oil by Iverenne: 6:12pm On Jul 01, 2021
Retired Mr. Shile has become a producer on a very small scale in his compound, alone with his wife's help.

And you know what's funny?

His neighbors laughed at him because they thought he couldn't afford a fence for his compound...

And that's why he decided to plant oil palms instead. People sef...

Anyway, they have just 6 fruiting trees and always remember to keep some litres of their palm oil for themselves.

Why? because they really cannot satisfy the neighbors who come to buy from them. And yes, his neighbors probably buy with eyes of envy cheesy.

Thinking if I could get back 2 years and have planted mine too...

He's very excited at how much he makes from his small space and last week he told me this time, he wants some hybrid for his family space back home...

If you didn't already know this, Palm oil and it's Kernel ingredients are everywhere today:

in food, snacks, soap, lipstick, newspaper ink, drugs, animal feeds...

It's even in the noodles you eat wink.

Fact is, the world uses more palm oil than any other vegetable oil (over 73 million tons in 2020).

Makes sense why in 2019, Nigeria needed to increase its Palm oil production from 600,000 tonnes to 5 million tonnes a year...

and double the palm oil estate to 6 million hectares, to meet the country’s palm oil demand by 2027. Just Nigeria alone.

Think about it...

if Nigeria has a $500 million import bill for Palm oil yearly, doesn't it show the huge gap in meeting the local demand?

Even the National Palm Produce Association of Nigeria (NPPAN) has called on the Central Bank of Nigeria...

to support and partner with them to produce and distribute 10 million hybrid oil palm seedlings to smallholder farmers yearly.

Yup, 10 million. Yearly. That serious.

And of all 3 known oil palm varieties in Nigeria...

the Tenera palm produces very large amount of fruit bunches and is the only type of oil palm that can produce large amounts of oil (by 30%).

It'll keep producing good fruits for up to 30 years, 2 - 2 and half years after planting.

And guess what,

If you care for them right, you'll only plant them one time ever. No replacement.

Good news is, it's really not that hard to grow. Take it from Retired Mr Shile and wife cool.

P.S: There's no miracle to poor quality seeds with unreable certification. It will frustrate you for the 30 years that you have them for.

And I'm sure the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture, IITA (Abuja, Nigeria) wouldn't want to spoil the good name it took 54 years to build by certifying that these hybrids are disease free Tenera variety.

No hype, the oil palm game is a long term game and you probably have better options to put your money but...

As you're thinking about you, your family in 10, 20 years from now even in 5...

and you want in on some of the action, ask for Tenera on this number 09016021838

(1) (Reply)

Oats Seed Needed / Farm Manager Needed / How Do I Repel Snakes And Scorpions From My Farmland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.