Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,901 members, 7,810,460 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

I Started My Career As A Data Analyst - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Started My Career As A Data Analyst (2070 Views)

I Just Started My Web Development Company Without Any Experience / Net Salary For A Data Analyst Or Scientist Or Web Dev / Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Started My Career As A Data Analyst by Richsteemit: 7:07pm On Jul 01, 2021
I started my career as a data analyst. I will be a graduate this year, am I on the right path? I started with Excel, I just downloaded YouTube videos of data analysis in excel. What are the things I need to learn and take into account in excel as a aspiring data analyst?

Re: I Started My Career As A Data Analyst by kingcalipha(m): 8:15pm On Jul 01, 2021
Pivot table
Re: I Started My Career As A Data Analyst by enumerica: 8:40pm On Jul 01, 2021
I am here to encourage you. Go for R programming for data science.

I can help you kick start
Re: I Started My Career As A Data Analyst by Richsteemit: 9:46pm On Jul 01, 2021
enumerica:

Why not python? because I'm familiar with python. I want to start with Excel after excel I will move to SQL and tableau or power bi after those I am going to move to python. Hope Im on the right path?

3 Likes

Re: I Started My Career As A Data Analyst by Richsteemit: 9:47pm On Jul 01, 2021
kingcalipha:
Pivot table

Thanks man. Can I dm you for some guide
Re: I Started My Career As A Data Analyst by enumerica: 9:49pm On Jul 01, 2021
Richsteemit:

Why not python? because I'm familiar with python. I want to start with Excel after excel I will move to SQL and tableau or power bi after those I am going to move to python. Hope Im on the right path?

Yes, move on
Re: I Started My Career As A Data Analyst by kingcalipha(m): 8:39pm On Jul 02, 2021
Sure

Thanks man. Can I dm you for some guide[/quote]
Re: I Started My Career As A Data Analyst by MXray: 9:41pm On Jul 02, 2021
Wow! We are on the same path man �, I started with Python first.

Did a crash course to get the general idea and feel of it and then bought a course on Pirple.com so when I'm done with it, I'd get a certificate. The course is really nice. They force you to complete homeworks before moving to the next topic, so you can't jump anything.

I also started learning Advanced Excel recently, it's like another hands-on crash course with a freecodecamp tutorial..

When I'm done with that, I'd complete Excel for Data Analytics crash course as well, it's up to 6 hours.

And then brush up on SQL.

So by August to September, hopefully I will be done acquiring these skills and completing a few projects.
I have my eyes pinned on some of the projects at Freecodecamp that give you certificates when you complete them...

Then I hope to get myself dirty in a work environment with an internship for 3 months, and hopefully by 2022, we'd be up marinating in moolah(working a lucrative job, in a reputable organisation), while acquiring more exposure and developing more especially in Machine Learning.

I'd have to take on some crash courses in Statistics, as I only have university level exposure.

I hope to work in the Health Data Analytics/Science field, cos I have a background in the Life Sciences, Biochemistry...

So even if I want to go for a Masters for example, with my exposure and skill, it'd be easy to complete an MSc in Bioinformatics quickly.

As you can see, there's a lot to learn, and we need to be self-starters and self-learners to succeed in this ever-changing and emerging field of Data Science.

I'd like to keep in touch with you, if you feel the same way then, let me have your WhatsApp or Telegram, cheers!

Screenshot of my homework Python code. I usually upload them to Github

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Started My Career As A Data Analyst by Karleb(m): 1:55pm On Jul 03, 2021
enumerica:

I don't know about this R but python is king when it comes to data science. I'd advice anyone to learn python first.
Re: I Started My Career As A Data Analyst by VESSEL1111: 8:10pm On Jul 03, 2021
Learn python first it worth learning...if you know python well then u won't need excel so much ...and join Data science Nigeria in ur nitche......they will introduce you into machine learning and more
Re: I Started My Career As A Data Analyst by GeneralDae: 9:24pm On Jul 03, 2021
Karleb:

I don't know about this R but python is king when it comes to data science. I'd advice anyone to learn python first.
Yah Python is king but if you know R in addition, it makes some data tasks easier.
R was made specifically for data science and statistics and that's why so many things come out of the box, unlike python where you may need a library for some of those things.
However to get a Data science job anywhere, python is king and well known than R.

2 Likes

Re: I Started My Career As A Data Analyst by enumerica: 12:09pm On Jul 11, 2021
Richsteemit:
I started my career as a data analyst. I will be a graduate this year, am I on the right path? I started with Excel, I just downloaded YouTube videos of data analysis in excel. What are the things I need to learn and take into account in excel as a aspiring data analyst?

I drop this here for you. I encourage you to subscribe so you can follow up on this youtube channel now so you get updates that will build your career

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghx_RSXoc2E&t=35s
Re: I Started My Career As A Data Analyst by Toyade888(m): 8:55am On Jul 12, 2021
Richsteemit:
Bro good morning. I also want to start this journey.
I was thinking of learning excel and R language simultaneously as a beginner.
Kindly assist with the links to the videos for excel
Re: I Started My Career As A Data Analyst by WallStreetfx(m): 2:07am On Jul 13, 2021
Toyade888:

Bro good morning. I also want to start this journey.
I was thinking of learning excel and R language simultaneously as a beginner.
Kindly assist with the links to the videos for excel

Check YouTube and download excel for data analysis

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me Check Whats Wrong With My Code(c Language) / Who Has Ever Accessed The Dark Web Or Deep Web Share Your Experience / [Help Request] Teach Me How To Design Databases.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.