Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Yoruba Nation:Hold Police Responsible If Lagos Rally Turns Violent–Igboho’s Aide - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Nation:Hold Police Responsible If Lagos Rally Turns Violent–Igboho’s Aide (1200 Views)

Kogi SDP Guber Candidate, Ajaka, Escapes Assassination As Campaign Turns Violent / Nigerians React As MC Oluomo Is Stabbed At APC Lagos Rally. Lands In Hospital / Hold Police, DSS Responsible If Buhari Can’t Present Budget — Saraki, Dogara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Nation:Hold Police Responsible If Lagos Rally Turns Violent–Igboho’s Aide by iwaeda: 9:14am On Jul 02, 2021
Olayomi Koiki, the spokesperson to Yoruba rights activist, Sunday Adeyemo, better known as Sunday Igboho, has raised an alarm that the Nigerian police should be held responsible if the Yoruba Nation rally turned violent in Lagos State.

He said this in a Facebook broadcast early Friday morning.

Koiki said that the Yoruba Nation Rally would hold in Lagos on Saturday despite a police warning.

“On no account will any actual or rumoured activity, including the planned mega rally, be allowed to lock down the state or hinder the normal daily activities of the good people of Lagos State, the Commissioner of Police, CP Hakeem Odumosu, said at a media briefing held in Alausa, Ikeja, on Thursday.

But Igboho’s media aide noted that the rally would proceed with or without his boss, who had reportedly withdrawn himself from the rally.

He said, “I heard that the commissioner of police said no rally will hold, tell them to expect us. We will know who owns Lagos on Saturday between Yoruba people or Sanwo-Olu or police. We will all meet on Saturday during the rally.

“If everything will be ruined, let it be on Saturday. They have the choice of letting us have our protest peacefully or causing violent. Police should be held responsible for any violence.

“Let us take all our grievances to Ojota at 9 am on Saturday.”

Earlier, the umbrella body of Yoruba self-determination groups, Ilana Omo Oodua, insisted that the Yoruba Nation rally will hold in the state as scheduled.

This is according to a statement signed by its leader, Emeritus Professor Banji Akintoye, and made available to newsmen by his Communications Manager, Mr. Maxwell Adeleye.

“We want to confirm again that the Pro-Yoruba Nation rally scheduled to hold on Saturday, July 3rd, in Lagos will proceed as scheduled” the statement read in part.

DSS took a cat away thinking Igboho turned into it -Koiki
has claimed that officials of the Department of State Services took away a cat when they raided the activist’s house in Soka, Oyo State on Thursday.

According to him, the security operatives thought Igboho turned into the cat in a bid to escape arrest.

He also alleged that the DSS officials of taking more than they displayed during a parade on Thursday evening in Abuja.

Koiki claimed that the security operatives took millions of naira and jewellery during the raid.

He said, “Chief Sunday Igboho escaped not because he was stronger, but God rescued him.
How will they say that they saw one dollar?

“They can label anyone, but we will not back down. They want Igboho dead. The target was to kill him but they failed.

“They took one of his cats away, thinking he transformed into a cat during the attack to escape. All the allegations against Igboho should be for terrorists killing people in the country.”

On why some of Igboho’s security aides shot at the DSS officials, he said, “So, if someone came to attack me and I have a gun, won’t I defend myself?”

He also called kings in Yorubaland to rise in defence of Igbo, saying, “Is it until they kill Igboho like Bola Ige and Dele Giwa before you speak out. Yoruba obas must speak out.”

Why we raided Igboho’s residence -Afunanya
The Public Relations Officer of DSS, Dr Peter Afunanya, had during a media briefing on Thursday in Abuja said the secret police arrested 13 suspects when they raided the Ibadan residence of Igboho.

He said the operation was based on an intelligence report that Igboho had stockpiled arms in his residence.

According to him, on approaching the residence, the DSS team came under heavy gun attack by nine men, suspected to be Igboho’s guards.

He six of the men were armed with AK-47 and the three others with Pump-Action rifles.

Afunanya said seven AK-47 assault rifles, three pump action guns, 30 fully charged AK-47 magazines, 5,000 rounds of 7.62mm ammunition and five cutlasses were recovered from Igboho’s residence.

Other items recovered were one jack knife, one pen knife, two pistol holsters, one binoculars, a wallet containing five dollars in one dollar denomination, local and international driver’s licences in Igboho’s name.

Afunanya said ATM cards, a German residence permit No. YO2N6K1NY bearing his name, two whistles, 50 cartridges, 18 walkie-talkies, three charm jackets/traditional body armour, two laptops and his travel passport were also recovered.

The DSS spokesman said the arrests and seizures were a confirmation of a grand plan by Igboho and his cohorts to wage a violent insurrection against the Nigerian State.

https://punchng.com/yoruba-nation-hold-police-responsible-if-lagos-rally-turns-violent-igbohos-spokesman/
Re: Yoruba Nation:Hold Police Responsible If Lagos Rally Turns Violent–Igboho’s Aide by Illuminatiship(m): 9:15am On Jul 02, 2021
Ok
Re: Yoruba Nation:Hold Police Responsible If Lagos Rally Turns Violent–Igboho’s Aide by Angelparadise: 9:16am On Jul 02, 2021
Ok
Re: Yoruba Nation:Hold Police Responsible If Lagos Rally Turns Violent–Igboho’s Aide by Ddmase: 9:17am On Jul 02, 2021
Hnnmm
I foresee a clash from resilient youths who is angry because of their Leader.
Re: Yoruba Nation:Hold Police Responsible If Lagos Rally Turns Violent–Igboho’s Aide by tillaman(m): 9:18am On Jul 02, 2021
angry
Re: Yoruba Nation:Hold Police Responsible If Lagos Rally Turns Violent–Igboho’s Aide by Officialgarri: 9:18am On Jul 02, 2021
Thought they said the protest has been cancelled.

Blame the police? I mean, it is a common knowledge that Igboho is a thug and there was no day he declared he's no longer one neither has he apologized for all the killings he carried out.

When such a person leads a protest, who are the kind of people that we expect to join him if not the same set of thugs that messed up the #Endsars protest?
Re: Yoruba Nation:Hold Police Responsible If Lagos Rally Turns Violent–Igboho’s Aide by Joromi1: 9:20am On Jul 02, 2021
I think they should suspend this rally because of the tension surrounding it now. Fulanis are scared the Lagos rally will win more supporters for Igbogho. The unfortunate attack yesterday was just a warning. I think they should pipe down for now before things escalate beyond the EndSars measure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Nation:Hold Police Responsible If Lagos Rally Turns Violent–Igboho’s Aide by CilicMarin: 9:21am On Jul 02, 2021
Igboho’s media aide noted that the rally would
with or without his boss, who had reportedly withdrawn himself from the rally.

Tomorrow will pass, and no rally will happen!

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nation:Hold Police Responsible If Lagos Rally Turns Violent–Igboho’s Aide by CilicMarin: 9:21am On Jul 02, 2021
On why some of Igboho’s security aides shot at the DSS officials, he said, “So, if someone came to attack me and I have a gun, won’t I defend myself?”

Igboho is in for the bold!

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Nation:Hold Police Responsible If Lagos Rally Turns Violent–Igboho’s Aide by mcmurphy132(m): 9:22am On Jul 02, 2021
No going back Yoruba, Biafra nation now or never.. Let the south unite against our common enemy because if care is not taking it go reach everybody

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nation:Hold Police Responsible If Lagos Rally Turns Violent–Igboho’s Aide by Bakerdav: 9:30am On Jul 02, 2021
Yes we move,with what happen to igboho ,I must join the rally tomorrow,

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Nation:Hold Police Responsible If Lagos Rally Turns Violent–Igboho’s Aide by nrexzy: 9:37am On Jul 02, 2021
If u wan greet ur ancestors stroll come protest for gidi tomorrow naa
Re: Yoruba Nation:Hold Police Responsible If Lagos Rally Turns Violent–Igboho’s Aide by AroleOduduwa2: 9:38am On Jul 02, 2021
I hope tomorrow rally goes as planned. Just to show the Fulani led administration that nothing will stop us from breaking free.
Re: Yoruba Nation:Hold Police Responsible If Lagos Rally Turns Violent–Igboho’s Aide by AroleOduduwa2: 9:41am On Jul 02, 2021
nrexzy:
If u wan greet ur ancestors stroll come protest for gidi tomorrow naa

I think there should be a basic requirement for anyone making comment on here, like we have in law forums and medical forums.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nation:Hold Police Responsible If Lagos Rally Turns Violent–Igboho’s Aide by iwaeda: 9:44am On Jul 02, 2021
CilicMarin:

Tomorrow will pass, and no rally will happen!

Be sensible for once oga!

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Nation:Hold Police Responsible If Lagos Rally Turns Violent–Igboho’s Aide by DefHQ: 9:44am On Jul 02, 2021
Noted!
Re: Yoruba Nation:Hold Police Responsible If Lagos Rally Turns Violent–Igboho’s Aide by nrexzy: 9:47am On Jul 02, 2021
AroleOduduwa2:

I think there should be a basic requirement for anyone making comment on here, like we have in law forums and medical forums.

Lool...
Go protest for morning naa that basic requirements to apply to u...
Re: Yoruba Nation:Hold Police Responsible If Lagos Rally Turns Violent–Igboho’s Aide by Guestlander: 9:47am On Jul 02, 2021
The rally must go on.
Re: Yoruba Nation:Hold Police Responsible If Lagos Rally Turns Violent–Igboho’s Aide by Chatflick(m): 9:59am On Jul 02, 2021
The end is here
Re: Yoruba Nation:Hold Police Responsible If Lagos Rally Turns Violent–Igboho’s Aide by iwaeda: 9:59am On Jul 02, 2021
Injustice breed anarchy, never in the HISTORY of Nigeria has agitations be this much. It shows there is a disconnect, if our leaders are wise and reasonable; will look for quick meditation. Rather they are using FORCE to compound issues. People may not like the approach of Igboho and co, but when death is the cheapest thing, it may be difficult to stop the ragging fire. Look at Ethiopia and TIGRAY, Ethiopia thoughts in days they will over run, it is more than 8 months, causalities are getting heavy on both sides. War is not good, but Ecclesiastes 3 says there is time for war and a time for peace too. May God give us desired peace.
Re: Yoruba Nation:Hold Police Responsible If Lagos Rally Turns Violent–Igboho’s Aide by Tvibes001(m): 10:06am On Jul 02, 2021
Joromi1:
I think they should suspend this rally because of the tension surrounding it now. Fulanis are scared the Lagos rally will win more supporters for Igbogho. The unfortunate attack yesterday was just a warning. I think they should pipe down for now before things escalate beyond the EndSars measure.
What are you really afraid of?

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nation:Hold Police Responsible If Lagos Rally Turns Violent–Igboho’s Aide by mrvitalis(m): 10:09am On Jul 02, 2021
Officialgarri:

Blame the police? I mean, it is a common knowledge that Igboho is a thug and there was no day he declared he's no longer one neither has he apologized for all the killings he carried out.

When such a person leads a protest, who are the kind of people that we expect to join him if not the same set of thugs that messed up the #Endsars protest?
Which of his protest has turned violent
Re: Yoruba Nation:Hold Police Responsible If Lagos Rally Turns Violent–Igboho’s Aide by iwaeda: 10:10am On Jul 02, 2021
Tvibes001:

What are you really afraid of?

Abi have they arrested the agberos and Lagos Island boys that stole Oba $2million and burnt BRT busses? . Endsars protesters were never violent singing with national flags they were shot, any way hunger. joblessness, holdup is killing already. Even November 1857 was here too grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba Nation:Hold Police Responsible If Lagos Rally Turns Violent–Igboho’s Aide by iwaeda: 10:19am On Jul 02, 2021
mrvitalis:

Which of his protest has turned violent

You mind them.
Re: Yoruba Nation:Hold Police Responsible If Lagos Rally Turns Violent–Igboho’s Aide by iwaeda: 10:26am On Jul 02, 2021
Irony of it buhari and his team protested against Jonathan and even went to court and won. Now protest earns people death under APC; from Kaduna to Lekki tollgate to Abuja. In 2012 they hired Pansuma, Wasiu, Pastor Tunde Bakare and others to Ojota for days no work (painful thing then, the company I was in deducted days we were not at work). Are we under communist country, even God allows dissident voice, reason he said come let us reason together. Death is the cheapest thing now, because when a man loses HOPE death is meaningless.
Re: Yoruba Nation:Hold Police Responsible If Lagos Rally Turns Violent–Igboho’s Aide by Mastakija(m): 11:02am On Jul 02, 2021
We go dey there

Re: Yoruba Nation:Hold Police Responsible If Lagos Rally Turns Violent–Igboho’s Aide by iwaeda: 11:10am On Jul 02, 2021
Lalsticlala who is removing your name?
Re: Yoruba Nation:Hold Police Responsible If Lagos Rally Turns Violent–Igboho’s Aide by iwaeda: 11:12am On Jul 02, 2021
Officialgarri:

The thug that was publicly displaying "Ada Lam", has he been arrested?

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Picture Proved That President Buhari Is Healthy And Strong / There Are Two Types Of South East- Nairaland South East And ..... / I Will Send IPOB, ESN Members To Hellfire – Dokubo Threatens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.